It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mark of the Beast Identified

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Revelation 14:10 reveals that those who receive the mark of the Beast will have the wrath of God poured upon them. Notice the Apostle Paul’s clear teaching about the recipients of God’s wrath. Colossians 3:6 tells us that “the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience.” The mark of the Beast is therefore a brand of disobedience to God. It marks those who refuse to keep God’s commandments in spite of both the preaching of the two witnesses and even the final warning delivered by an angel of God (Revelation 14:9).

The mark of the Beast stands clearly as a brand of disobedience to God and His laws. Does the Bible reveal a contrasting sign of obedience that identifies God’s true people? Notice Exodus 31:13–17. Here God declared to ancient Israel that His Sabbaths were a sign between Him and His people forever! The Sabbath is the test commandment to identify the true God of creation and the people who are obedient to His commands and laws.

Revelation 13 explains that the mark of the Beast, a brand of disobedience to God, is taken upon the hand and the forehead. Just as disobedience is described as worn upon the hand and forehead, so also is obedience to God’s law. Notice Deuteronomy 6. “Now these are the commandments, the statutes, and the judgments which the Lord your God commanded to teach you, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go to possess it: That thou mightest fear the Lord thy God, to keep all his statutes and commandments… And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes” (vv. 1–2, 8, KJV). The hand is symbolic of actions, while the forehead is the seat of intellect. Obedience to God involves both actions (hand) and will (forehead).

www.tomorrowsworld.org...

This text clearly indicates the true mark of the beast is SUNDAY worship and denying the "old covenant". Keeping the Sabbath and the Holy days is a mark of GOD's people.

"And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes" Deut 6:8

So the mark of the beast would be an "anti-mark" of the sign of the worship on SUNDAY and refusing the law and commandments...........and worship on FRIDAY as in Islam............

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Why do you want to spread hatred? This is not truth. You may think it is, you may "know" it is, but what are you going to do about it? There are 2 billion muslims, the majority of which are peaceful people. What grievances are they committing that a just God would condemn? Can you really say a just God would care what day you praised him? How can you believe what you speakto be true when it is so irrelevant to the core message of your faith?

I believe you're the one being deceived. Your words can only inspire hate, when your religion is supposed to be about love. You act against your religion, instead of for it. Weren't the one's to be watched for those who came in Christ's name and worked against what he worked for? And you're doing just that with your messages of hate.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

I don't understand what you are saying here. Are you saying that Sunday worship is -- or is not -- the sign of the beast? Is Sunday worship good or bad?

What about the marks? Are you saying that there is no literal mark?

What does this have to do with Islam?

I am very confused.
Can you explain or elaborate?

Finally, can you respond to the charge of hate mongering, made by ThePieMaker?

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

The traditional sabbath day was Saturday.

I think people are taking this religion thing way too seriously. Time to step back from the Guy in the Sky for ten minutes and think about basic human decency.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

I checked the link and it sounds like 7th day adventist theology but I'm not sure. Anyway if you read Romans 14 and Hebrews 4 you wouldn't worry about what day to worship God. It doesn't matter anymore because every day is a sabbath rest to the Christian. The Jewsish people worship on Saturday, but they are commanded to do so under the law. And that doesn't bother me at all. The only thing that matters to me is if you know Christ as Lord and Savior and know that He is the only begotton Son of God.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hm. I'm not too sure about this. The mark is supposed to prevent commerce from anyone who does not have it. This leads some to believe it will be a microchip implanted inside the hand or forehead with banking and identification information. And of course we know the technology already exists and that we are heading towards a one world market.

But about Friday. The Antichrist is said to change "the times and seasons." Some believe the coming Al Mahdi who is predicted to set up Islam as the one world religion and government according to Islamic prophecies is believed to change the Holy Day from Sunday to Friday as well as override the Gregorian calender (among others) and enforce the Islamic calender. That would make more sense to me than this being the "mark of the beast." Two separate things the Antichrist will do.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
ha ha ha ha..my dad will love this...he's a 7th. day adventist....

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by last time here

Just so you know, I have friends who are 7th day adventists, and while some of their beliefs differ from mine, they believe all the things neccesary to be saved. They believe a true Christian follows God's law, so that is why they look at other Christians warily sometimes. Just like any people, you can't lump everybody into one basket. Individuals believe different things. A closer reading however tells you that we are not under the law but grace. The law was to be over us till Christ came, then we, through Him could obey God's moral laws from the heart and not only from a command to do so. The book of Galatians relates on this.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by Fromabove]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
No, this is not 7th Day Adventist.

This is 'Living Church of God'

In its Official Statement of Fundamental BeliefsOff-site Link on its Web site, the church says its mission includes: "To preach the true Gospel of the Kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ to all nations as a witness" and "to preach the end-time prophecies and to warn the English-speaking nations and all the world of the coming Great Tribulation."

This church has been identified as a Theological Christian Cult by

www.apologeticsindex.org/

Perhaps you also remember the story of mass murderer Terry Ratzman? In 2005 he walked into his church in Milwaukee and killed 7 people during services. It was a Living Church of God.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The bible says that the antichrist would seek to change times and laws.
It also warns that there have been many antichrists.

Did you know that during the inquisitions, one way to tell on your neighbor(iff he were jew or protestant, although that wasn't the term used for them, yet), was
to see if they worked(hung out clothes, etc.) on Sunday.
I used to keep saturday, but, then I read where, Paul, I think it was, said in Romans 14: 3;
"One esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. LET EVERY MAN BE FULLY PERSUADED IN HIS OWN MIND [emphasis mine] He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks........"

So, even though Sunday is NOT the Sabath, Jesus IS our 'rest'.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

CS, hold onto your seat.........

I agree with you on that statement. It's good to see that you dont get so wrapped up in dogma that you forget the New Covnenant

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

With Heliosprime, everything has to do with Islam. I'm wagering that this fellow spends his Saturdays in prayer, and the rest of the week thinking very Christlike thoughts of how to obliterate 1.6 billion human beings from the earth for the crime of having one more prophet than he does.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by last time here

Regardless of whether you adhere to certain religious beliefs or not, there is nothing funny about dishonoring your parents.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: Revelation13:16

The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon
Mark: Strong's Number: 5480; Original Word cavragma; Transliterated Word Charagma.
Definition:
1. a stamp, an imprinted mark
a. of the mark stamped on the forehead or the right hand as the badge of the followers of the Antichrist
b. the mark branded upon horses
2. thing carved, sculpture, graven work of idolatrous images

The Greek word for mark is defined as an actual mark or stamp (possible tattoo?) that can be seen. Anything else is simply speculation. It may be used in conjunction with an RFID chip.

There are many places where you cannot buy without showing an ID card (Costco, military stores, etc. . .)

Worshiping and praising God should be a daily occurrence for Christians. Jesus said For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Thanks for all the posts that answered my question. Very clear and thought provoking explanations! I will continue to read and digest these comments.

You know, I am still awaiting some answer from the author of the OP, especially with regard to the anti-Islamic message, and as to why that is productive (or not.)

From my off-site reading, it seems clear to me that Islam, Christianity, and Judaism are not really that far apart from each other. But, as they say, the devil is in the details.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavlovsdog

Originally posted by Clearskies

CS, hold onto your seat.........

I agree with you on that statement. It's good to see that you dont get so wrapped up in dogma that you forget the New Covnenant

WOW!!!!
You're not as dogmatic as I thought.
I'm impressed.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This reminds me of God in the box Simpson thing, licking psychodelic frog ooze. I would very much appreciate less demonized secular chatter and a more holistic one. One that does not pervay Christian, Islam, or Freakism as the issue. But the probability that at some point soon, big players are going to want to chip your ass, even if your wiccan. Ain't happening here, not today, not tomorrow, and 'they' are going to have a very serious non compliance from ME!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

It's amazing how people come up with all these twisted ideas for modern and future technology, then imagine that these injustices are being done with the means of the 14th century.

Buddy, if they want to "chip" you, they'll just put it into your big mac so that it implants in your gut. What, you think they're going to have polio vaccine lines, "Get your big brother chip now!"? Hell no, they'll stick it in all the thousands upon thousands of pieces of crap you've been trained to buy and dedicate your life to from birth.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Interesting response. Never thought of it that way. Most likely right. I will consume the chip and be damned. Lovely.
However, it is said to be rightly taken at will on forehead or hand. Not that ANY prophesy means a hill of beans.
For the record, haven't been to McSickness for years now, but I digress.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by jpm1602]

[edit on 26-1-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If you believe that observing an improper Sabbath day is a sign of the beast, how do you reconcile that with:

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]

Eric

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join