It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mark of the Beast Identified

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by birchtree

I never figured out why people always point to Nero equaling 666. Revelation was written approximately 20 years after Nero died. The one John refers to is futuristic. I point this out to Preterists all the time and they still say it was a hidden code for Nero.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gb540

gb540 we will know...you will have to accept it willingly.....I am sure there will be a clear indication in the time when it is offered and all will be aware of the implication of accepting it or denying it.

If this period has not already happened way back in Rome or should there be a repeat of the action, there will be many things that will have to happen..... when I say clear the beast will already be in control of a most likely one world gov. The beast will bring peace and make wondrous miracles, and through these miracles he will attempt to ascend to a Christ like status, thereby fooling even the Church. The temple will be rebuilt on the Dome of the Rock....none of these things are in progress, so when I say it will be made clear these are the types of the things the Bible mentions as signs that will happen.........of course I am not putting a time line on when Christs return is but I am following the signs as listed in REV

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricD
If you believe that observing an improper Sabbath day is a sign of the beast, how do you reconcile that with:

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]

Eric

Easy. Sunday is not one of the HEBREW Sabbath OR holy days
... Never was, never will be.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

The time of the writing, of course is always up for debate....So I will not even try to argue that....The reason so many scholars will not disavow it, is that the way writings were written in code like metaphors....in my previous post you can see how it was broken down to say NERO but there are also several other forms it breaks down to.

I can see how things in the Bible often repeat or lead up to events. I am pretty sure they possibly were talking to the people of their time about falling in with the Roman Empire which was another type of Babylon, but things repeat themselves and we often tend to forget.

Re-read the beg of ECC and you will see what I am saying....Although I think it is plausible, I am still looking to and seeing signs of the future, but despite all the drama we are not there yet.....once again Christ could return anytime he wants but the signs of the end have a while to reach the signs as shown through REV.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I just don't understand why Nero gets all the publicity. There's plenty of WAAAAAY crazier Roman emperors than that guy.

But odds are, it was written using Nero as a model, rather than actually "predicting" Nero. Revelations is a propaganda leaflet.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by birchtree

I never figured out why people always point to Nero equaling 666. Revelation was written approximately 20 years after Nero died. The one John refers to is futuristic. I point this out to Preterists all the time and they still say it was a hidden code for Nero.

I had recently read that Nero didn't die when people think, but that he and some others escaped with plenty of stolen loot (blamed the Believers on that), and under cover of the burningRome (blamed that on the Believers as well).
As this story is told, his birthline eventually leads to the ruling aristocracy of Europe, which also includes every U.S. President including presidential frontrunners Clinton and Obama. Something about the Merevingians in there somewhere too. In the context of what you mentioned, it makes sense as a 666 as a sign of the DESCENDENTS of Nero.

Has anyone else heard of this theory?

[edit on 27-1-2008 by Yknot]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: Revelation13:16

The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon
Mark: Strong's Number: 5480; Original Word cavragma; Transliterated Word Charagma.
Definition:
1. a stamp, an imprinted mark
a. of the mark stamped on the forehead or the right hand as the badge of the followers of the Antichrist
b. the mark branded upon horses
2. thing carved, sculpture, graven work of idolatrous images

The Greek word for mark is defined as an actual mark or stamp (possible tattoo?) that can be seen. Anything else is simply speculation. It may be used in conjunction with an RFID chip.

There are many places where you cannot buy without showing an ID card (Costco, military stores, etc. . .)

I agree 100% darkelf. I was going to do a very similar post w/ the greek text. While what I am about to say maybe considered "old hat", the U.S. and the rest of the world are moving to a cashless society. Incremental steps...

I do believe that it will be a choice for those left behind. Obviously they will want to force it upon you, but the ultimate decision is yours. You will take it, or will die!

Revelation 20:4 - Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

What religon today beheads people? That's a whole other topic...

I personally do not believe it to be an actual microchip implant based upon the greek text, however, perhaps an RFID stamp that is permanent. Does anyone know what technology the antichrist will use? NO! But check out this link though, it is an older piece but still, very freaky...

www.techweb.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Get ready for what's just ahead. Over the coming months of 2008, rationing of food, fuel, electricity, heating oil, etc., is all going to have to be purchased with a special I.D. This will be instituted worldwide, because the new germs are going to make havoc on the meat supply as well as the failure of crops this season due to not only drastic weather conditions, but failure of pollination needed for most growers around the globe. Climate change is about to become dramatic as the melting glaciers play a part in Father's work of altering the weather and climate. The worst is yet to come, and is non-preventable by man; the most this dying generation can do is to ration what little will be available. In the nations that are already starving, millions will perish; the World Food Bank is almost depleted, and there will be no relief in re-building the needed staples.

Contagious diseases will kill livestock, humans, and a world already in trouble will finally lose hope. Those that are left after Satan's attempt to reorganize through his efforts as the Anti-Christ will be slain by the holy angels that are poised for attack just outside the Earth's atmosphere. Not a stone will be left upon a stone when the upcoming Southern Storm operation to crush the world rulers and wicked people is completed. The Earth will be changed as tidal waves, volcanoes, massive tornadoes and other acts of nature are released upon this unfaithful generation. Father is moving this world of people to wards all out anarchy as the Wrath grows near for execution of Her vengeance upon those that will be left behind in this world.

Yahweh does not prohibit you from being marked. it is to DENY CHRIST that is the sin. The mark means nothing if you do not deny Christ when you are challenged on that issue. The mark means nothing UNLESS you deny Christ. Just as this Beast prints our money and taxes us, it also lays the foundation for trying to make people deny Christ. The mark is like the money - it will be necessary to have it to function; but other than that, Christ must be confirmed as the Redeemer.

For the mark to be valid, you must be in agreement with the Beast's policy against Christ. And, you must pledge by your hand over your heart that you accept him (the image) as the Savior of Mankind - NOT Christ. It is not about a literal mark. It is about what they can try to force you to openly do before others. It is then that you make your stand for Christ like never before.

Those that do not accept the mind change by the beast (and come to their senses) nor pledge allegiance to the image of the Beast will passover from the death of the impending wrath via the second Rapture. They will be preserved alive in the Kingdom for standing faithful to Christ when the time comes.

[edit on 27-1-2008 by ReginaAdonnaAaron]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
The beast is a government system, all religions and nations and people will come as one.

I believe this to be a correct thought although I came to it oddly. I was raised in church and turned away from it in disgust over the hypocrisy. One of my sisters recently told me she was born again, shared a fascinating experience, and then told me she was worried for my soul.

I told her that I felt that government and religion have been used to drain man of his essential spirit and that even if I entertained the idea of a religious god, I would think it would have some understanding of how it created me and appreciate its creation. I'm truly free in my heart and mind if not my country of birth, and I think that is the ultimate purpose. If the absence from a true god is the punishment for unbelievers, then it's not truly a punishment. God was already absent from the unbeliever’s life.

Addendum: I believe firmly in the author's commandment love- it's his publisher I question.

[edit on 1/27/2008 by libertarianlady]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Six hundred threescore and six. Is it 666, or is it

600(60)+6=36006?

Possibly a multiplication/addition problem?

However, look up "666" in the enactment of Social Security.......

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Yknot

Hey,
I read the book A Woman Rides the Beast, by Dave Hunt and it listed the aristocracy (including the merovingians) who believed they were descendants of Mary Magdalene. Included were Charlemagne and Napoleon. Giving some of the latest descendants as the last kings of Spain
These guys thought that they were of the lost tribe of Dan and the bees that napoleon always wore signified that.

Here's something about the bees; Pretty long read

Here's a site that I just found, it has nothing to do with Dave Hunt, his is illustrated with charts;

The merovingian connection

[edit on 27-1-2008 by Clearskies]

[edit on 27-1-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

Hello Regina,

I do so agree with most of your post regarding events to come,but i must
take issue with your comment in regards to the fact that it not be a sin to receive the mark,

If it be literal in receiving an physical object then does receiving it willingly imply that you agree to the terms and conditions under which it is issued?

Rev 14 says-

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive [his] mark in his forehead, or in his hand The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God.

I comprehend this to mean that if you receive it you are swearing allegiance to the Beast and those systems by default,

To reject it is to place your trust in our Father that he already knows the things that we have need of and will provide them.

Regards

BV

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Hey! Look at this.
This is weird
Think WHO owns much of the Nafta superhighway?? Spain.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

SERIOUSLY, This mark of the beast thing, isn't hard to figure out. There are many theories. This is by far, the best:

Sextilis was the original Latin name for the sixth month in the Roman calendar. It was renamed Augustus (August) in 8 BC in honor of the first Roman emperor, Augustus Caesar. because it came after the month of July (named after his granduncle, adopted father, and predecessor, the Divine Julius) and of several fortunate events that occurred in his life during this month: the Battle of Pharsalus, the Battle of Actium, and the deaths of Cleopatra and Mark Antony. It also happened to be the month his grandnephew (the future Emperor Claudius) was born, and the month in which Augustus died. The month reputedly has 31 days because Augustus wanted as many days as Julius Caesar's July, but this idea is a medieval mistake. Sextilis had had 31 days since the time of Julius Caesar (see Julian calendar).

The Senate decree renaming Sextilis to Augustus reads in part:

"Whereas the Emperor Augustus Caesar, in the month of Sextilis, was first admitted to the consulate, and thrice entered the city in triumph, and in the same month the legions, from the Janiculum, placed themselves under his auspices, and in the same month Egypt was brought under the authority of the Roman people, and in the same month an end was put to the civil wars; and whereas for these reasons the said month is, and has been, most fortunate to this empire, it is hereby decreed by the senate that the said month shall be called Augustus."

ALSO:
LUKE 2:1 - IT CAME ABOUT IN A YEAR THAT
AUGUSTUS CAESAR PUT FORTH A DECREE THAT THE WHOLE WORLD SHOULD BE TAXED.

Please visit:

www.golden-lamp.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I thought all you had to do to get to heaven was to believe in God and that Jesus was the son of God. Why does it matter where I get my food? Even if I steal it I am saved because I believe in Jesus as the Son of God.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I strongly believe (don't know why) there will come a day when basic priveledges will be taken away if the mark is not taken. Call me crazy.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Dude/ette

Stealing is a sin,

Ok,admonishment over :p

You won't have to resort to stealing,
If your faith is in God then he knows what you need and will supply it for you
Trust

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Your crazy...

Hehe,No Jpm,

What you feel is what the bible implies
That you will not be able to function in society without it
You can't buy food,shelter,clothes

comply or die

It will come

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Thanks for that BV. It's always nice to get an 'atta boy' once in while. I hope for all of us the bible and nostradumus and the hopis got a hold of some bad shrooms.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
This reminds me of God in the box Simpson thing, licking psychodelic frog ooze. I would very much appreciate less demonized secular chatter and a more holistic one. One that does not pervay Christian, Islam, or Freakism as the issue. But the probability that at some point soon, big players are going to want to chip your ass, even if your wiccan. Ain't happening here, not today, not tomorrow, and 'they' are going to have a very serious non compliance from ME!

Do you own any credit cards? GPS devices? A cell phone? We're all being "chipped" to some degree already. So it's a little too late for non-compliance.

Sorry if it's off topic, but it seems the op has no intention of furthering his point, so.......................................what's the point?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join