It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights That Go Out When Near Them

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
There is a commonality within all these stories and I have experienced the same.

It usually happens when you are in a car at night. On top of the street lights are sensors that tell the light to turn on in the night and off in the day, some of these sensors are sensitive and you can deactivate it with you headlamps.

Or it is some odd phenomena.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Wholly crapola! Thanks! It's like reading about myself. Man o Man. To actually read something about this to me is incredible. I now have a starting point. I'm sure no one will ever believe me so I more than likely will only talk about this on ATS. Got some reading to do!!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
There is a street light which I believe is a yellowish amber colored sodium vapor bulbed light on the road to my sisters house. I had noticed it blinked out when I passed it many many times. Than, I walk through our schools location where they have the parking lot lit up with these yellow/amber sodium vapor bulbs. The lot is huge and there is many lights out there. When I walk, I walk on a section where it is a walkway and three lights illuminate the walkway. The center light almost always goes out when I walk under it. I began to notice it every time I walked the path.

Than one time I walked under the light and it was already off and I projected thought up to the light to turn on and it blinked fully on. What a surprise. One time I walked under it as it was lit and it stayed on. But than I turned my head around to look up at it and it went out.

Than on the other side of the parking lot is another light that acts the same way as this one. I enjoy walking there just to see if I can manipulate the light show.

I have noticed, if I am stressed and I work on my computer, things go out of control and the more I try to work through them the worse it gets. I've learned when that occurs to just get up and relax somewhere else. Same goes with my car. It acts up when I am stressed out as well, but otherwise runs worry free when I am feeling good.

Edit: to ad, I have this knack when I take care of business, I some times cause a burp in the person I am dealing with. This causes something to happen the person where they have a hard time dealing with me like getting information I tell them correct or most of the time they don't hear what I am saying and look bewildered. Just the other day I renewed my drivers license and I walked in the door and the attendant says some things to me and punches up a number for the waiting list to be called.

He tells me as he hands the ticket I will be called next and as I walked to a seat, sure enough my number was called. I walk up to the lady in the stall and she sits down and her calender on the desk goes flying up and her writing implements go all over. I look at her and she looks distressed like I was a freaking menace. So I had my license renewal in hand to give her with a new change of address all written out. She takes my money and places the notice in a file and never updates the address even after I told her I had a change of address.

I only catch it because the lady taking pictures tells me my address which the old one and I tell her I had a change of address.

Sometimes I wonder if this reality is real.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by WorldShadow]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Happens to me all the time, almost nightly. Freaks my wife out. I always thought it was an EM thing. I also have trouble with watches (not as bad as some others here) and have never had a cell phone that could hold a charge longer than 5 hours.

I also keep blowing the TC's control panel on my tank, which sucks cause it trips the NBC alarm and the panel is the only way to turn it off. Not to mention a bunch of fire control stuff.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
hey everyone, i highly doubt anybody will actually read this posting, but i feel obliged to say something. Im an energy worker, basically what that entails is that i work with the bodies energy, meditation, spirits, etc. I dont make money doing it, i just do it because its natural. Point being, imagine this, your a pocket of energy within this reality, your pocket can envelope things, whether you realize it or not. Basically you have an uncontrolled leak in your bodies pocket of energy. For myself, iv learned to control how my energy interacts with other objects, it was the lights flickering in fact that got me into the energy meditation. Later in time as you gain more focus and control, you can actually influence electrical equipment, for example your cell phone signal, lights in the room, even the street lamps on the streets. Next time you see a lamp that isnt lit, yet all the others around it are, imagine a warm golden energy raining down on it, filling it up like a jug of water. You may be surprised to find the light will flicker and come on. I not stating that what i do is special to me, im stating that every one of you can do the same thing
if you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EntitySeed
Is there anyone out there that this has happened to!

yeh i often get beaten to death.

Do you have anything to back up your claims we get allot of hoaxers around these parts

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tombangelta

Ya know sonny, I don't have to back up anything I post here. I was a victim of someone trying to help a freind and being at the wrong place at the wrong time. I really could care less what you think, feel, or care about. I opened up on the ATS simply because I needed somewhere to engage in conversation with others that have the same experiences. Your kind believe that because you haven't experienced a traumatic event that it doesn't exist.
You remind me of the three that were actually caught with one of them going to jail for attempted murder. I owe you nothing. I owe you no explanation. I will though have stimulating talk with the fine people here at ATS. Because no mater what you think or feel, your sarcasium is just a click away. See that little button to your left that says ignore, BYE BYE!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EntitySeed
reply to post by tombangelta

Ya know sonny, I don't have to back up anything I post here.

Entity-- lol, "ya know sonny". Thanks for the laugh. And don't mind the rude bratz on here. They're just looking for attention.

How did your research go? Discover anything interesting?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
lol, now I wish I had this gift!

Maybe a part of your brain is more in "tune" with your abilities to control things like this. Scientists have always believed we use less than 10% or so of our brains ability, with all that we are already capable of, what would we be capable of performing if we just doubled that usage? I believe that is what seperates us from the other intelligent life forms, they have almost full control of their brains and abilities. Maybe you are just a step closer to them than your average person. Embrace it, and experiment with it. I for one am very glad you posted this!

[edit on 26-1-2008 by theQuest]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I experience this same problem when I am agitated, usually angry or upset. Basically, if I am not calm, you can see the lights click off as I walk under them. A coworker and I go for walks during our breaks, and he has started noticing it when I am having a bad day. Right now he doesn't know what to think.

Interesting comment about the watch. I had that same problem as well. I switched to a pocket watch and it doesn't have problems.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Hey, Hi, I just got home. I really haven't had any time to really get into reading stuff. I will though as the night goes on and will definitely get back with you. Thanks for asking.

[edit on 1/26/08 by EntitySeed]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by newage2012
Later in time as you gain more focus and control, you can actually influence electrical equipment, for example your cell phone signal, lights in the room, even the street lamps on the streets.

I wonder what other abilities might be possible with control. I often practice spinning a light piece of rectangular paper, (cigarette paper) and fold it twice so it can balance on a needle i have placed in rubber,(cork) and covered with a glass globe. I then try to focus moving, spinning with my hands close but not touching the glass. I have had real results but not consistent, because it deals largely with your purity of thought and focus. It is my belief, that that source is limited only by imagination.

Concerning EntitiySeed's OP:
I can attest to the unusual experience as well. I remember my dad always having to get a new watch and I remember him saying that he shocked them. The one he heas on how is from my grandfather and he wore that watch for 8+ years without a battery replacement. He passed on in '02, but my dad still hasn't had to replace the battery. It's a standard analog wristwatch. He told me that grandpa had set it to run off his energy.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by eerieleary]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It happens to me at least 2x every month!! I drive under street lights and they blink out as soon as I pass directly under them. I would say that it has happened to me at least 50 times in my life.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
eerieleary

Well what your doing is excellent
, i enjoy hearing peoples experiences in regardes to experimentation. Basically anything within this reality is malleable. Its just a matter of breaking your mind through some heavy duty barriers. Its hard enough to get people to stay perpetually open minded and positive in life, hell even i have that issue. But to get more intensley involved with effecting your environment takes time, but is ultimatley useless. A great deal of these mind over matter tricks are simply to prove a point, and that is that the energy is real. *shrugs* suddenly someone cant argue with you when your making a cup float in front of your face. But that is the only extent of it, the rest is intense self healing, and growth, and to share that with others so they can heal themselves. Its a beautiful thing, but the harder you try to affect your surrounding environment, the more extreme the strain you put on your body and mind, which can cause severe physical and mental side effects. Iv had many individuals who force the energy, and it often leaves them drained, and emotionally exhuasted, just be careful

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
IvanZana tried to explain. I'll go into more depth. All streetlights and many porch-lights have a light sensor on them and when the lumen's drop below a certain level it turns the lights on. They are not on a timer. When you drive down the road there are two ways you can cause them to go out. First if your brights are on or your lights are improperly adjusted it can cause them to go out. Second is reflection of light. Headlights reflected off a wall or pole or another car can do it. The actual streetlight reflecting of the top of a car, chrome trim or a mirror can do it. Not much mystery about it. It happens to everyone who drives but people usually don't notice it. Once you start looking for it you will notice it happens often. The security lights in front of my office do it all the time and the streetlight near my home does it so much its annoying. My neighbors porch light shuts it off when it comes on also.

Sorry to hear about your experience. I hope everything goes well for you.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
hello.

i have had a similar experience.

while in the army (several years ago), i came into the practice of substituting "herbal highs" for the real thing. well, there was this one night that i made such a substitution and came into work 4 hours late because of (common with psychotropics) illness.

when i came into work, i was assigned to reset the alarm status of several racks of satellite communications modems. i walked up to the rack (at the moment i was quite "high"). i did not touch any buttons at all. rather, i felt a faint surge of energy as i watched the digital displays of all of the modules in the rack flicker and display random characters.

this experience still haunts me. i know for sure that it was some kind of energetic connection between me and the equpment which caused the fault.

super weird, but true.

dkp

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I thought it happened to me, every night going pass this lamp post outside, that was until I watched it from far away, and it went off, then after a couple of minuites it went back on.

So maybe a lot of you are getting lights that seem to turn off for no reason, without you being there.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

How sensitive were these things to static electricity? Did they have a grounding mat or grid on the floor? Interesting thing to have happen.

EntitySeed,
There was a thread with nearly this same topic a while back. Could have been a year, I'm not sure. If I recall it was fluorescent lights going out for that person. You might try a search for it. Could be helpful info there.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Hello! KattRaxx put up a link that I've been reading. Not the long book but the other. It seems that many people have had this experience and the reason that not much research has been done is because the people either did not want a big deal made out of it, were afraid of ridicule or just couldn't believe that it was something that they were causing. If anyone has read some of the link am I getting this right or have I misinterpreted the link?
All I can say is after reading about this I am not going to let it go. If there is something that is occurring to this many people and no one has thought they were special because of it, instead hide it like "myself" than this is a wonderful thing. We all need to get together on this and take this to the next step, whatever that is. Geez, I'm starting to sound a little crazy. Like I have thought most of my life.
If this goes no further than my excited ranting, so be it. To me reading all of this has really peaked my curiosity. I hope to hear more as time goes on!!!!!!!

[edit on 1/26/08 by EntitySeed]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
the most i ever got to go out in one night was 5 in a row....

heck i got 1 tonight and 2 last night. been going on for
about 30 years...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join