It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights That Go Out When Near Them

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EntitySeed

Careful. If the dork swallows his own tongue during the address, they'll be secret service knocking on your door!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Well if you don't here from me anymore you know that I'm strapped to a table at AREA 51 having a lobotomy done on me or being the main menu for some alien life form! Do me a favor will ya? If you don't here from me after the speech tomorrow write me a eulogy. Use your sense of humor though cause it would be pretty funny.
I have no doubt that the powers that be have already read the thread and are contemplating what exactly their gonna do!

[edit on 1/27/08 by EntitySeed]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm so in on this one. I'll get my wife to participate as well.

I seem to remember something about the people of Atlanta or Orlando or somewhere praying or something to reduce crime by a specific amount, like 30% for that year. Supposedly the crime dropped almost exactly 30% that year. There does certainly seem to be something of a critical mass of people that can bring about change in big ways. Perhaps we could start by trying something small, depending on how many people we get to participate.

We should definitely set a specific date and time with a good amount of time into the future.

It seems to me there have been quite a few experiments like these in the past. Sometimes not experiments, but specifically used to benefit people. I remember a story about White Witches in the UK casting spells and things to promote confusion of German troops during WWII.

I think this little light thing has circled around the the core principle that so many religions and things have based their practices on regarding manifesting change. In my own world here, I'm going to focus on trying to clear myself mentally to prepare for this. Let's see who can provide some good (not-so-hokey) links regarding pages found on the internet that seem to touch on the subject.

Step one, it seems apparent to me, is simply recognizing the fact that you can manifest change and manipulate your environment. It seems that almost immediately you begin to do it more effectively.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I suggest that whatever we focus on, we should all focus on the very same thing. Something we can all see at the same time. The only thing that we can all see at the same time is TV. That seems like something we'd need a heck of a lot more people for, though. We'd be trying to manipulate the realities of thousands of people if we took that one on.

Any other ideas?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Got it.

Ever typed inurl:ViewerFrame?Mode= into google? You get a bunch of network security cameras that are unlocked, and you can just browse through them.

here's an example:

Some of them refresh faster than others, and I'm not sure what would happen if a bunch of people were viewing the same one, but I think it's an idea.

[edit on 27-1-2008 by 1984kirby]

LOL, that's so funny, I come back to the camera after a minute, and the camera is focused RIGHT on a couple of lights right next to the camera. did one of you guys move it there?

[edit on 27-1-2008 by 1984kirby]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
EntitySeed started at new thread for those interested to see if a mass consciousness experiment can get the lights to flicker or go out fifteen minutes into the prez's State of the Union speech broadcast Live tomorrow night on t.v.

It's in the Paranormal Studies forum, Flicker Lights at State of Union speech

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hello, Thanks to everyone who has decided to get involved with the experiment, including those of you who are going to but has decided not to reply to the thread. Since this is open to everyone I'm counting on a lot of people that have not replied. I have a feeling there are many. This is what I would like to do!
#1 Concentrate on the lights in the room where the speech is taking place and 15 minutes into the speech turn them off. Don't give up if it doesn't happen right away.
#2 Concentrate only on turning the lights off and nothing else. "NOTHING!"
#3 Hope for an event. This is going to happen. Think positive about this and it will.
Good Luck To Everyone, if this happens, well, you can only imagine!!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 1984kirby

Kirby,
Could you explain in more detail what you meant about the network cameras, etc.? Just curious.

Closet believers: Re: State of the Union lights out experiment tonight-- if you're going to watch anyway, what have you got to lose? You never know. Could be quite entertaining.

[edit on 1/28/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
At exactly 9:00 the TV in my living room stopped working. This freakin backfired on me!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I have been dealing with the same thing all of my life. I drain batteries, stop watches, make the hands go backward, pop lightbulbs, streetlight interference ( more when I was a kid). To top it all off, If I am very agitated and pick up lightweight glass, like a vase, it will totally shatter.
Scary stuff. It really does seem to be emotionally linked too. If I am calm and stress free everything is fine and it doesn`t happen. But when I am upset or angry, watch out. I know it sound crazy but it has happened way too much and there are too manyof us out there for there not to be something to it.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

and

www.youtube.com...

They touch on that some in this audio clip for coast 2 coast.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by thecann]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Yes! This has been happening to me for years & I can't explain it. While driving at night, at least 1 streetlight goes out when I get close. Once, I parked my car next to a street light and it went out. An hour later, I got back into my car and that same light had come back on and when I got to my car it went out again. Once while jogging, I passed a halogen light and it went out. 15 minutes later when I passed by again, it had come back on and when I passed it, went out a second time. I thought maybe it happened to other people, they just didn't notice it. If you find out why this happens, please let me know!! Some people think I'm crazy until they are with me when it happens.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Not only street lights but as I am driving the car in front aleays has a light out, tail light,etc. even on new cars.almost frustrating. I was once told it is beacuse I walk in darkness?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Yikes! I'm glad that you're well again, the human spirit is the hardest thing to break.

Same thing happens to me, but half the time I walk by a light that's off and it goes on. When I was a kid I had one of those fancy touch activated lamps, the bloody thing would turn on the brightest setting in the middle of the night almost every night. It was placed about 3 feet away from the foot of my bed so I know I wasn't touching it with my feet. It bothered me out so much I got rid of it.
Whatever it is it's kinda fun

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Today was the first time I ever searched for "lights go out when I walk by" and I found this thread. I have the same thing happen to me on a regular basis, but the most prominent was about four years ago in high school.

I had just got home for the day and noticed that my flash drive, which were pretty new and expensive back then, was missing. I called around and found out that I had left it plugged into a computer. One of my tech friends took it to make sure that it didn't fall into the wrong hands, like the schools administration. Anyways, I met up with him about seven o'clock at night, a little ways down the road from my house. He biked over, and since we are both techies we started talking. We started to walk up and down the street, when it started. The street lights were turning off when we walked towards them, and the turned back off when we got a few feet ahead. Being techs we thought someone was running some kind of maintenance on them, remote controllers or something. So we changed direction, and sure enough the lights we walked up to kept turning off. We changed direction 4 or 5 time, at random intervals just to check. Each time we changed direction it didn't matter, lights kept going off, and coming back on.

We were out late another night about four months later, and it started again, after we had been walking for about twenty minutes. We kept changing directions and the effect was constant. We never walked around at night together again because we were too spooked.

Take it for what its worth, but I believe if we had gotten together again the results would have been the same.

It happens on a regular basis to me nowdays, but nowhere near the constant repitition of when I was with him. Maybe, just somehow, we each had whatever kind of latent ability, and being together activated, or amplified it.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Me never got beat up or anything, other than in school. This is happening to me once a day (night rather) or at least once a week. Only on highway street light, parking light or street lights. Never homes or office lights. I can be on the car driving or walking. I only notice when it's turn off. I do not focus on anything precisely. It just happen (weirdly) when I just pass by or near by, enough distance so I can notice it turns off. This is occurring to me for more than 3 years. Did not really look into it until now. I search on the internet, many people think is kinetic energy other called it bio-energetic interference, other called it SLI (Street Light Interference). Whatever it is, it always bother me. But what can I do, i don't do it on purpose, nor desire to intentionally have it turn off when i pass by. But just want to share.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I too have this happen to me.

It always freaks me out.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Lets post some videos please,if anyone has any laying around.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Just typed into google "Lights going Out when I am near" and what pops up? Above Top Secret forum!! LOL...

This happens to me all the time.

It's been happeneing for as long as I remember. I am 33 years old.
I do confirm that when I am in deep thought, this phenomenon will happen to me. mainly street lights. I happeens maybe once a month.

Now that I think about it, I will pay more attention in regards to electrical problems to see if it has any link...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join