It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights That Go Out When Near Them

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I'm hoping that someone out there has experienced this. About 16 years ago while helping a friend at his business I was assaulted by a group of men that were out looking for someone to kill. I was in the wrong place, wrong time. After being beaten to death I woke up in the hospital. After a year of treatment trying to learn how to walk and form sentences again I began having a few thing happen.
Every so often I'd walk into a room and the light would go off. I didn't think much about it at first, until while walking down a dark street at night I walked near a street light and it flickered off. I started paying attention more and more until I realized it was happening a lot more than just being a coincidence. It still happens to this day but far and in between. I have not talked about this to anyone in all these years. Is there anyone out there that this has happened to!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I have lights go out as I drive under them at night. It's kinda odd and I figured it was nothing until someone had told me that I may be causing the lights to go out as some type of electrical charge my body may put out.

I don't believe in that so I chalk it up to mere coincidence.

Happens a few times every few weeks

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EntitySeed

Welcome to ATS. Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Unfortunately I don't have answers for you, but similar things happen to me. Now with the street lights some of them are timed to go out and then warm back up at intervals. However, when I go to a store, say Wal-Mart, if I walk near their advertising monitors they tend to fill up with static and shut off, the overhead speakers get almost inaudible when I am near, and sometimes the radios will stop working. I don't know if it is a over productive EM field surrounding me or what. I've never had a real explanation for it. It rarely happens at home however.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Same thing happens to me. I'll notice that when I walk by or drive by under street lights that they'll shut off. For some reason it only happens under street lights. It seems to happen at such a rate that I do notice it.
I have wondered about this many times. Why is it only street lights?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Thank you for your replys. As it stands right now it only happens with street lights and I seem to have to be within 25 yards off them before it happens. I thought I was the only one. If not for finding this site I probably would never have got that off my chest. THANKS!!!!!!

[edit on 1/25/08 by EntitySeed]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Welcome and sorry to hear about your ordeal.

You are what they call a "slider" and for some reason can turn electricity off. I do the same thing. Ive often talked about how i put out lights the minute i go outside!
I had to carry a flashlight with me when in was in Phoenix. That two years i spent there were the most active. Here where i am it does not happen much. I think its amusing, but i would love to find an explanation for it.
So far, i have never found one.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It's not the Energy from your body...
It's the residual energy from the cloaked monitoring device hovering above you.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Slider, thats interesting to find out that it actually has a name. I will research that. Is this something that is a usual paranormal event. Thanks for the input, means a lot to me! I knew opening up about this would make a difference. Always felt like I was a freak or something.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
DAMN, I knew it had to do with a cloaking device!

But seriously, why does it not affect other electrical circuits and just street lights. Sometimes I focus and see if I can get stuff to happen, but nothing ever does.

All I know is I wish I could have turned off the projector during Cloverfield cause that movie sucked that big one and made me want to hurl.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hotsheets

You either have it or you dont. You dont got it.

Whatever "it" is. I'm hoping and searching for an explanation myself.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Hey DG! There you are! lolol

I have to tell you..and everybody else...

I blow the circuits too.

ok...that didn't sound right...sorry folks

But it's TRUE!

Whenever I walk down a street...for some strange reason, the stinkin lampost lights go out.

I was thinking that I was 'jinxed or something'...mabey it was 'pure coincidence'....and blah blah blah.

Dunno.

It happened to me, more than I'd like to count.

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
No kidding, Ducky?

I've read about it before but i have no idea what powers
people like us could have to have this happen.

Its very weird to walk or drive by and watch the lights go out one after the other and sometimes they come back on after a few seconds have passed.

Maybe we are a bit strange after all

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Same thing happens to a lot of people it seems. There was this one street light that would turn off every single time I drove by it.

Maybe they have sensors that turn off when light hits them (such as car lights). If not, it's a a mystery.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Lately I have been turning off certain lights in only one specific parking lot.

My friend turns off street lights all the time and cannot wear anykind of watch as they stopworking after a few minutes.

Hay dg and ducky, you turn my lights ON.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
For whatever reason and once in awhile, those darn streetlights would blink off when I drive-by in my car. This has been going on for over a decade now. And I came across the word 'slider' to describe this phenomenon but have since forgotten until after reading about this topic.

So someone else from another forum claimed it was due to the overheating of the circuit or something like that. But that was a 'poo-poo' answer to me, IMO. I didn't know either what could possible explain my experiences. I guess I'm weird, too.

Now building up static electricity from dragging my feet on the carpet and then blowing light bulbs at home upon flipping on the light switch is another matter. It's something I do well, too -- hehehe.

[edit on 2008-1Jan-26 by pikypiky]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
My wife should be the one turning lights off as some watches stop working after she wears them. That's the oddest thing.

Perhaps certain people aren't grounded the same as others or they perhaps emit, for lack of a better word, "power surges"

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
EntitySeed,
Welcome to ATS. I'm relatively new myself.

And I'm also what they call a "slider". They have done studies on people like us-- who make lights flicker or go out completely. I'll dig them up and link to them. I can put out lights, etc., mostly when I'm upset. For example, the last presidential election. As the numbers were coming in, I had a night class to attend, so I was already pretty upset by those numbers as I walked up to the campus building. Each light I passed under flickered and blinked out. After about five, I began to feel self-conscious and looked around me to see if people were noticing.

Anyway, when extremely upset about something, I've also completely stopped my car-- electrical system. Fine later. Also, my computer. Also fine later. You get the idea. I'll see what I can dig up. I've been interested in this phenomenon myself for some time, for obvious reasons.

Welcome again.

Edit to add: I have also never been able to wear a watch, beginning when I was a child. Inside five minutes, they stop dead. How about you?

[edit on 1/26/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
link

Here's a link to one study. SLiders. S-street, L-light, i-interference...

I saw a program on the Discovery channel once about sliders a few years ago. As with most of these types of programs, they spend the first half of the show describing it from the POV of the experiencer, then the second half debunking it. At any rate, I'm pretty certain a study was also done at a university in NM.

Is it just streetlights with you? Or other electrical interference?

mod edit: to fix link.

[edit on 1/26/2008 by Gools]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Thanks kattraxxs! The one thing I did forget to mention was my mental status when this would occur. It is always when I least expect it but I am either in deep thought or I am upset or in less than a good mood. I would very much like to see the links you are looking for. I have been searching myself but not having much luck. I don't know if I just don't pay much attention to it anymore or that I am so used to it that I stopped noticing it. I will look forward to reading whatever you send. Thanks again!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EntitySeed

paranormal.about.com...

This is an interesting page. For some people, this seems to be much more than just street light interference. I have heard some say that this is the same "energy" healers use when laying on hands to heal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join