It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights That Go Out When Near Them

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by newage2012
eerieleary

Well what your doing is excellent
, i enjoy hearing peoples experiences in regardes to experimentation.

You Are Welcomed. And I am grateful for your valuable input.

Basically anything within this reality is malleable. Its just a matter of breaking your mind through some heavy duty barriers. Its hard enough to get people to stay perpetually open minded and positive in life, hell even i have that issue.[\quote]

Unfortunately, reality for most us is limited to our 6 senses, your sixth being your minds eye. not that im claiming that should be referenced with physical senses, but it certainly cannot be disregarded when examining the gearwork of reality. The minds eye is the first conscious sense that must be tuned, so to speak, so one can balance the others and have full unconscious control. Which leads right to your next line......

But to get more intensley involved with effecting your environment takes time, but is ultimatley useless. A great deal of these mind over matter tricks are simply to prove a point, and that is that the energy is real.

It is when Matter is in agreement/harmony with ones present and ultimate intentions that provides for imo, the illusion of mind over matter.

suddenly someone cant argue with you when your making a cup float in front of your face. But that is the only extent of it, the rest is intense self healing, and growth, and to share that with others so they can heal themselves. Its a beautiful thing.

Truly. but i have never been able to prove a point by showing someone the little trick. I would have a hard time getting past a self made block, reality. As far as healing, i am not quite there yet. trying to train my eyes to see aurus, but have not seen a human aura, yet. i have seen the unmistakable aura of a tree and i am grateful to this day for that tree's life. Man is much more complex than trees and therefor requires more focus on aspects i do not understand yet.

and thanks for your advice, i try not to waste my energy. the more negative/unbalanced the thought, the more energy consumed and thus, wasted.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by eerieleary]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I did some looking into this a few years ago and concluded it was in some cases something inexplicable by science or in some cases easily explainable as a normal, physical condition occuring with lights. Sorta like the UFO situation...

Some things to take into consideration:

When you drive your car (or motorbike in my situation) has many electrical systems operating, one of the strongest probably being the ignition system (high voltage sparks across spark plug gap etc). Some people concluded this could interfere with lighting systems, or the lights from the vehicle could interfere with light sensors which are on top of the lamps in most cases due to reflected light or the like.

I don't have any of the sources anymore but a quick google [turning street lights off] revealed many similar occurences and topics on forums and information that could help you answer your questions.

One theory was that some brainwaves were being emitted from your head and caused interference, only occuring in some people.

Personally I have experienced many streetlights turning off but I usually attribute it to my motorcyle being a modified, high performance, high RPM engine which has a different EM effect due to the higher than average engine speed and sparkplug firing rate than a normal car.
But sometimes it happens while simply walking around.. it debunks my theory, so go figure

Welcome to ATS (I'm a long time reader but never joined)... I'll be watching this thread to see what is determined of the topic.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I never really thought about it because its happened all my life with the street lights. If I move my hand towards a lightbulb in say a desk lamp it will dim and when I move my hand away it will get brighter. Happens with radios in reverse move my hand near a radio and reception gets better move away gets worse. I have to buy light bulbs in bulk because they dont last long around me.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Interesting revelation. Have you ever just stood at a streetlight and tried to manipulate it?

I have a friend that has the same thing happen as he drives down the street at night, so I've seen first hand what you describe. Figured that the light had an overtemperature switch on it somewhere, but maybe not.....

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
eerieleary

You are quite the character, i enjoy reading your posts, even though i think we have in a way parted from the main topic at hand. I could teach you a great deal if you are willing, its an open minded teaching, and nothing will be forced onto you, take everything with a grain of salt, and be relaxed
. As to your comment about the third eye, and your comment about being "unbalanced" . They are interlinked, your energy is a WHOLE, there is no seperate energies in your body, so to split your energy up into the different chakras is not very efficient. There are three main centers to your body, there is the upper (which is from the mid heart and up, the middle (from the bottom half of the heart and to your dantien, or the fire in your belly as its sometimes called) , and finally the lower (from the dantien down) ... now understand please that these are just names refering to different parts, there are literally HUNDREDS of different names... i try not to get muddled in that aspect of the teaching. Anyways, if all of your energy is in your lower section, you will quite honestly be very sexually active, youll CRAVE it all the time. When the energy is in your mid section alone, you can experience emotional issues related to anxiety and heart problems, the list is long. If all of your energy is in your upper section, you will go insane. The energy must find a balance and grow at once. Its much like working out, if your chest is overly powerful then it pulls your shoulders forward and creates a weak back. I teach individuals to balance their energy in their body, and then to reach out to their mind and emotions to balance those as well. The path to becoming balanced is a constant ongoing struggle, but the benefits are limitless. So if you are interested in learning more, i am happy to teach more
email me at [email protected]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilverSmith
I have lights go out as I drive under them at night. It's kinda odd and I figured it was nothing until someone had told me that I may be causing the lights to go out as some type of electrical charge my body may put out.

I don't believe in that so I chalk it up to mere coincidence.

Happens a few times every few weeks

It's not coincidence. Most city lights are themselves light sensitive. They come on when it's dark enough. They will go out if there is a flash of lightning, or if their light sensor has an issue of some sort at the moment a car with headlights passes underneath or nearby.

It's not electric energy, it's light folks!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I have also experienced this. In my experience, these occur in my life more frequently during certain times in my life when it is important to me to be paying attention to my world in a more spiritual way. For me, these strange things with the lights have always carried a message with them. For me, the message is usually an omen; seeing a light go out, I would search my mind for what I was thinking about at that very moment, or think about what was troubling me.

The light going out, for me, always was a sign that something would be soon coming to an end. Perhaps something you were counting on may be about to fall through, or an opportunity will soon arise for you to restructure some part of your life. Perhaps for you, it's something entirely different. It would be my guess that you're yearning for a closer connection to the supernatural, and feel inside that you're special in some way. Maybe on a different level than most people do. It's my opinion that these strange things are an answer to your questions: yes, the world is more than most of us can perceive with our five senses.

I also noticed that many times, it was very likely that the light phenomenon was composed mostly of coincidences. Then, there are the ones you can't deny. Like when the light goes off in your room, and you flip the switch back and forth and it still doesn't come on. The light is restored after awhile, but only after you give up on it. Breaker is fine, switch is fine, and most importantly, the bulb is fine. Lots of life left. That's when you KNOW you gotta take a look around and really wonder what you're missing.

I put a lot of thought into the coincidences, though. I personally believe that there are no such things as coincidences. If you were there to see the light go out, and you felt somewhere deep inside of you that it was significant to you somehow, then you were right to try to think of what the significance might be. I've grown to learn that listening to that little voice inside of you can help you out through your life more than you can imagine.

It's also true in my experience that these events are very closely related to the things that are going on in my head. Could the lights be caused to turn off by me? Are they significant coincidences? I think maybe both. I also personally believe that the world that we all think of as being so concrete, isn't so much. We're all creating our existences.

So I challenge you to take what I say about my personal experience, and see if it rings true to that little voice inside of you. I also challenge you to begin to look at some other aspects or strange occurrances in your life in the same way, and see if you don't start to feel a little more perspective, instead of feeling insane. I also challenge you to openly keep your "ear" to that little feeling open, and see if it tells you to even look at some of the more mundane things in life as being significant, if only for that one time, right there. Like life is doing an interpretive dance for you, and only you.

The world's asking for a little open dialogue. It's a wonderful feeling when you know you've been given the opportunity.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Wow this is weird I have noticed the very same thing. It started a few years ago while me and my brother were walking around town late at night. We walked past a tall metal light post and I had a feeling to walk up to it and touch it. I touched it very lightly and it shut off. More and more I observe lights going off while passing them in my car and just walking by them. I have noticed 4 lights in my town that does it every time I pass them. Several times in the past Ive had TV's turn off or change channels usually when stressed or irritated by commercials and such. Also my car stereo (which no longer works) would randomly increase volume very rapidly to max level which drove me crazy. I'm glad to see other people have this.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Glad I stumbled across this thread, thanks to the OP for posting it. :-)

This happens to me too, and it has for years. Others have witnessed it as well. Usually when I'm driving, but sometimes when I'm walking. I've not had the trouble with watches or most other electrical equipment though I notice radios get a bit static-y when I'm close by.

And yes, it happens when I'm upset or distracted. I never knew there was a name for it.

[edit on 1/27/2008 by MaatiHemet]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I'm glad I came across this thread, it's making me take a closer look at these things than I had before. As you may have noticed in my previous post, I held a belief that the light phenomenon may be the same thing as my experiences with "omens" and things. I'm starting to think it's more in a gray area between things of that nature, and just simply manipulating your environment through other not well understood means.

I'm reminded of a time I shattered a glass into little pieces through a little misplaced frustration on accident (and not by touching it in any way). I know that wasn't an omen or the universe trying to tell me something. I did that. For me, many times with the light thing, it was something of my own paranormal experiences that were tied into something of a different subject. This thread reminds me of some other things that have happened, where I had a feeling that it was more controlled by me, rather than some outside force.

I've noticed that a lot of people report these things happening at times of frustration, or even being able to control them to an extent with some concentration. My theory on that is that in order to control your ability to manipulate your environment through physical or electrical means, you have to appeal to a part that for most of us is buried deep below our conscious selves. In a short time of frustration or a time right after you woke up, or you're walking down the street; these are times when you kind-of go inside yourself. For most of us, it's generally accepted that these strange things are something we bury at an early age, and almost never see again. Therefore, for most people, they would be buried deep within our unconscious selves. This makes it a part of ourselves that would be very hard to grasp or understand. Like trying to wrap your brain around trying to control how your spleen works.

I'm still pretty sure that the light thing may be more of a "manifestation" thing than actual electrical properties held by a person. I think when we're speaking about energy, we have to recognize the difference between electrical energy and the sort of ethereal spiritual energy that surrounds all things. I think we're simply accidentally, and sometimes purposefully, changing simple characteristics of our surroundings.

This does still tie into the whole omens thing, and it makes me wonder if the omens I spoke of were merely my un-and sub-conscious self manifesting these things to bring something into my consciousness. Like when you dream, and your dream shows you something that you wouldn't have thought about unless your frontal cortex was turned off, as it is during sleep. See, our conscious mind is just a shell over our whole selves. Our frontal cortex filters out all these things that we learned, as we grew up mostly, that were decided to not be conducive to living efficiently. When we sleep and dream, our brain continues swimming around in our head, unfiltered. Just goin'. It's doing that all the time anyway, like when you're walking down the street, and you're just kinda zoning out. Then you look up for some reason, and see a light turn itself off suddenly, right as you looked at it. So the significance of the phenomenon may lie deep within ourselves, in some part of us that we were born with. Unfortunately, it's hard to use a part of yourself when your conscious self doesn't know where it even is.

This prompts me to maybe try some new meditation on the subject. I encourage other people to try the same. Maybe a little research too. I've been studying hypnosis for years as a good therapeutic tool to help people with problems, but I'd be afraid to delve into uncharted waters with something like this. I'm going to try a little self-hypnosis, and I encourage others to look into it as well. It seems to me the key to understanding this lies in our subconscious or unconscious.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I have had streetlights wink off when I am near them my entire life. I know how the sensors work and trust me this has nothing to do with car headlights triggering them, I am talking about walking in the dark and simply having them shut off when I get near.

A girl I used to walk with even noticed it without me mentioning it, and was so spooked by the phenomenae that she refused to walk with me at night any more.

I have my own take on what causes this, and it is related to how I bend the laws of coincidence around me. I have certainly been excruciatingly aware of my effect on 'chance', and my father does it too even though I would never bring it up to him. I am not talking about things that are under my control, either, but rather the odds of things happening a certain way being manipulated through my presence. Strangely enough this energy seems to be like a thread that travels through time as well, because I have noticed very often that events happen around me that could only be the result of many events in a row being changed in order to come to the conclusion they did.

Other people have certainly noticed this as well being around me, they jokingly refer to it as a curse and while I can't disagree my thoughts on the subject are that the saying "you make your own luck" is more true than people realize.

As for the streetlights, I don't know what exactly it has to do with my theory, but it is almost comforting to see it happen on a regular basis - it verifies to me that something is happening and I am not crazy. I used to have extremely short term precognitive flashes when I was younger as well, this was way beyond 'deja-vu' and it really used to freak me out.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Hello again, It seems that more and more people have had this event and I was wondering if I could pose a question to all of you. I know I'm going to get a lot of "negative flack" over this but what the heck. Personally I haven't had the watch problem and I guess I really haven't paid that much attention to it while driving, "I will now though." Hey, if this doesn't work and it probably won't at least it would be fun giving it a try. Think what it would mean if it did succeed.
Could all of us somehow chose a specific time and place to try and make an event happen. Ya know, like somewhere centralized where it would make an impact. Listen, I know this sounds crazy but who would know except us unless it actually happens. ANYONE INTERRESTED[/COLOR]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
heh me and electrical things have a odd history, about 1 out of 15 to 20 things I will touch one will demonstrate some sort of electrical manipulation wether it flickers, blowns out completely or lightbulbs will get brighter with me for a time period of that will be easily able to blow out by anyone then.

Street lamps, long florencent lights, power tools, fried a couple computers, but afterwards was told that wasnt hard at all lol.

If this was the only thing that has happened to me I would be shocked, but its just one of many things that for some flippin reason humans all around the world are experincing, there is a Evolutionary process going on as we speak, We are changin and Growing into more of what we could become.

think of it this way, anything with energy since we have energy as souls, we can interact with on a more spiritual level if you will.

Same with thought its energy as well, an im sure you have had the thing happen , where you will be thinking of something and then maybe a couple people around you will start talking about that certain thing u thought about but didnt tell anyone about.

Try it out when your around other people, Its funny an really works, you dont have to say a thing, just think of something like Ice cream or choclate and see if someone around you has a instant craving for that or talks about that subject.

anywho. Over and outy 5000

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by EntitySeed

Re: Your proposal to attempt an experiment-- I'm game. What do you have in mind?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Hey Kattraxx! Not sure really but if enough of us could get together on a time and place where the event would take place like a webcam that is showing a certain place where a lot of people would be able to see it happen. Hey, I know this sounds out there. I'll be the first to admit it but what's the harm.
If this is happening to as many people on this planet than I am imagining and enough come forward and agree to do it and it worked. How freaken cool would that be. I don't know if there has ever been a global test for any kind of event. Sure would like to try. It's gonna take a lot of preparation and help from everyone concerned. I really think this is doable.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

It sort of sounds like the mass consciousness experiments Art and George have done on Coast to Coast AM (are you familiar w/this radio program?). I believe once they attempted to get it to rain over a firestorm in the NM forests... not certain about the state. I believe what happened was they got too much rain there and Art discontinued his MC experiments because he wasn't sure how to set limits on the parameters of these experiments. Maybe someone who listens to C2C remembers the details better than I. George still does them now and then, but I haven't been listening the past month. I recall they did a MC experiment on a few hurricanes in the Gulf in the past.

Is this similar to what you have in mind?

Do you have a webcam? Maybe start small, like one thread someone said they use a piece of paper on a needle that's stuck in an eraser or cork-- and he attempts to get the paper to spin.

[edit on 1/27/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Seeing I'm fairly new to all of this I had no idea that this kind of thing has already been tried. I was thinking more on the lines of keeping it strictly to turning a light or two off. Maybe like turning off the lights in the White House or a floor or two at the UN. I'm sure that would raise a few eyebrows! Something that would not pose a problem to anyone but would get a lot of attention. I'll have to go to this Coast to Coast and check it out. No doubt there's quite a few things I have no clue about.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

www.coasttocoastam.com...

Paranormal/alternative news format radio program. You can check the above link to the site for radio stations near you that carry C2C. A lot of members on ATS apparently heard about it thru C2C; they advertise during the program.

Well, the State of What's Left of the Union Pres. address is tommorow night.... maybe we could make his pants fall down or something.

Seriously, that event is shown LIVE, is it not? Maybe make the lights flicker?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Now you got it! That would be the most entertaining high lite of my life. Maybe first a light and if it worked, "The State Of The Union Address would be a good time to do that! I wonder if that's what happened to Ford when he fell down the stairs!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

We need as many people as possible before tomorrow night. Maybe you should begin a new thread inviting them to join in this effort... to make the lights in the room flicker ... ??? Or what?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join