It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I weird for wanting a Situation X type event to happen?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Although I find it prudent to be prepared for a possible situation X, I would worry about you if you actually desire something so horrible to happen.

Perhaps you should look into getting some professional help.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kos!!
Or maybe... going back to stoneage standards after a nuclear world war, or whatever, is better than sitting in the couch watching TV and eating burgers - being a true citizen of MacWorld.

Yes, it is! We'd be alive once again - in tune with nature, aware of our community, active, inspired, spiritually awakened, full of practical knowledge, and most importantly, free! I long for the day we're loose from the clutches of our taxes and TVs, and I think that this why I look forward to situation x - it's probably the only thing that can set us free.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

These sort of feelings are programed into us, plus we are bombarded with doom and gloom in the movies and on the news.
Then there are those of us who were brought up on ,"The End Of Days," and Biblical prophecy being fulfilled,
I for one was scared to death during my younger years, and prayed constantly for God "not" to bring about Armageddon.

With all this talk.............think conscious intent.

Think negative energy vs positive energy.

Will we bring about our own demise?
Isn't there a better way, then to wish for death and destruction on the guilty along with the innocent?

Every faith I know has an end of time scenario, maybe it is because we know it is inevitable.

What would happen if we took the negative energy of the "death and destruction high" and were able to channel it into an ecstatic positive energy for change and global rebirth?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Although I find it prudent to be prepared for a possible situation X, I would worry about you if you actually desire something so horrible to happen.

Nah, thanks, i'm very sane, thank you.
Look deep within yourself.
You will know what we mean.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Yes, it is! We'd be alive once again - in tune with nature, aware of our community, active, inspired, spiritually awakened, full of practical knowledge, and most importantly, free! I long for the day we're loose from the clutches of our taxes and TVs, and I think that this why I look forward to situation x - it's probably the only thing that can set us free.

How are you so sure?

I am not sure of anything.

What if it is a test?

You realize we are to work it out right the first time ,or we continue to relive it over and over untill we get it right, or so some say.

[edit on 013131p://bFriday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

Why? How is thinking it any different than movie producers and TV show producers setting off nuclear bombs, creating large monsters to destroy cities, or even creating serial killers to use machetes to slaughter teenagers?

I don't see it as a reason to get professional help at all. It's natural, and being bombarded with it through artificial viewing such as on TV and in movies only influences such thinking.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
Why? How is thinking it any different than movie producers and TV show producers setting off nuclear bombs, creating large monsters to destroy cities, or even creating serial killers to use machetes to slaughter teenagers?

Because that is in movies and on TV, and he's wanting this to happen in real life, to real people.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

there is a difference between healthy escapist fantasies that go nowhere once they are finished and someone losing all hope in life.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

It's natural, and being bombarded with it through artificial viewing such as on TV and in movies only influences such thinking.

I am not so sure it is natural, but has been instilled in us, as you say, TV, the News.

It is a perversion of the flight or fight syndrome that was necessary for survival back in the day.

Do you think they looked forward to fighting off, lions and tigers and bears? lol

Or wished for the destruction of their tribe,
No! just the opposite the fought to preserve it.

I think this is a defeatist mindset.

And I don't believe for a second the vast majority wouldn't fight to survive or save their loved ones, it is natural,

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed that all of the "science" and "history" channels on tv are showing nothing but scare mongering crap! Perhaps falling asleep with the tube on and has hypnopaedically suggested this urge for catastrophe? My girlfriend and I began discussing the perversion of tv content a few years ago- when the "SciFi" channel started showing nothing but "fantasy" programming 24/7, and since then this incessant pounding of coming apocolypse into our collective psyche has grown to an unbearable cresendo. Flip on the tube and browse whats on on every "educational" type channel- Jesus this- end of the world that - repeated continuously. I think it cannot be a coincedence. The PTB are building up for something big, and are training us to accept whatever the next 9/11 is that they have in store for us, or at the very least are trying to get every last mile out of the scare induced with that crime that they masterminded. Let me know your thoughts. Should I start a new thread on this topic?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Has anyone else noticed that all of the "science" and "history" channels on tv are showing nothing but scare mongering crap! Perhaps falling asleep with the tube on and has hypnopaedically suggested this urge for catastrophe?

reply to

post by ItsHumanNature

Exactly, yes I have noticed.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
Because that is in movies and on TV, and he's wanting this to happen in real life, to real people.

Do you truly think he wants bad things to happen to innocent people? Or do you think he just wants to witness the event?

We all know bad things to innocent people is inevitable to witness the event, but that doesn't mean you can't be excited about one and not want to see the other.

My point with movies and TV was, the directors and producers are thinking this up, which is the same thing he is doing, and they're creating an artificial reality of that situation.

So when it gets down to basics, what really is the difference? Do you really think wanting to see the event in real life is worse than thinking up the event and re-creating it on screen? How is there much of a difference there?

If he was thinking it up and re-creating it IN REAL LIFE, then yeah, it would be worse.

But he's not. He's just thinking it up and sharing it with us - which is what producers and directors do in their own little way.

It's no different.

[edit on 1/25/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Alright, I see what you're saying.

But when someone says they really want something bad to happen, it doesn't look good. I don't think he wants something to happen so people die, but if something happened people would die. He should think about that before he starts wishing for bad things to happen.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity
reply to post by slackerwire

I think many people share your thoughts. I often do(especially hurricanes), but it is becoming much less frequent. I think these thoughts can be attributed to them/I not liking their station in life or the way their goverment /business operates or even just the way humanity interacts with each other. Such an event would definitely bring major change, everyone assumes it would be positive change. I am not so sure.

I think it is more likely that a situation X would bring anarchy and it would soon become survival of the fittest amongst humanity. Thus those that are weak of mind and spirit, would end up with an even lesser chance of a decent life or in many cases no life at all.

Your right.
I used to be pissed off at the human condition and just anything of the sort in general and used to want this kinda stuff to happen.
Everything sort of dawned on me all at once and it was hard to handle.
As time's gone by though I can deal with it better and see a little clearer, realising that something like this happening would just be taking steps back when we need to be going forward. I believe love and trust is the only way to achieve this.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think I see where the OP is coming from here. I can't say I wish it to happen, but I often ponder what the scenario would be and how people would react (which every scenario I imagine never comes out to something peaceful). I try and think about ways of surviving and the best route for me and my family would be, or who I would try and help, if anybody at all. But to say I desire these events to come about; can't say I desire that. If change were to come, I would much rather it arrive peacefully.

I think the people here who say they desire a world changing catastrophe are not thinking about the whole picture. Ya, it might be cool to watch a tsunami come ridin on in and the destruction that comes with it, but what if you are in its path? What about the after affects? As soon as YOUR life or a member of your family comes into an imminent situation of death, I gurantee you your feelings will change instantly. Think about it heavily for a minute and put yourself in a situation of dire straights. Think about how you will eat when 50% of the worlds crops are no more and you have to fight for the tiniest crumb of food. Think about how you will not have electricity to run the pumps to give you clean running water. Think about how you will not even be able to lay down without having the fear in the back of your head that someone may very well come and take your next days/ weeks food. Think about how you will not be able to take care of your loved one if they get injured.

Like I said, I can understand the want and need for change, but to desire a world changing catastrophic event is foolish. And you are not thinking about the utter chaos that follows. That is the part that I would be (and am) worried about. I can guarantee you one thing. If it comes down to either you or my son or my wife your not gunna be around much longer if I have anything to say about it. And I can assure you, that is gunna be the same way with any father or husband.

I am totally down for change and I realize the need for many changes. I just hope it comes in a peaceful way.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I guess I'm sure because of my spiritual beliefs. I believe that if such thing as a defineable 'evil' force exists in this realm, it is materialism. Now I'm not perfect - I'm sitting here on a laptop listening to a nice hi-fi stereo in my home - but rather I'm talking about our current mentality whereby celebrities are our new gods, money lubricates their celestial pantheon, and ownership of land and objects seems to define our place and importance in this world. My thinking aligns with the ancient alchemist's theory of densification. In the beginning, we were all spiritual beings with esoteric abilities currently beyond our comprehension, but as the millenia have passed, we have 'densified' so to speak - to the point where we are physical beings with very little recognition of our incorporeal selves. In short, my belief is that we are happiest, most fulfilled, and most enlightened when in touch with nature, the seasons, the stars and the spirit world all around us. Anything that leads us back to that is, in my eyes, a good thing.

I realise this is vaguely off topic and no-one really wants to hear my 'new-age' nonsense here
, but I just wanted to explain whereabouts I'm coming from.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
You are not wrong to look forward to situation X. I feel the global consciousness is expecting it. There is so much going on in global politics etc that something has got to give.

The people know it.

In my opinion it is bad if you do not acknowledge the inevitability of situation X.

Whether it be: WWIII, police-state crack-down, aliens, false flag, natural disaster, or all of the above.

Something has got to give. How can we honestly be satisfied with human society right now? We are capable of so much better as a race.

[edit on (1/25/08) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire
Is it odd that I really want something bad to happen?

I dont really care what it is, be it China invading us, Aliens invading us, a Cloverfield type event, natural disasters, massive attacks, or just plain martial law. I dont really care, I just want something to happen.

Not sure exactly why, whether it would be a new experience, or because I truly want to test myself, but is it odd/weird that I want disaster?

Some people who don't agree with the way things are, would like to see them changed in drastic ways. This is a normal human reaction.

Also, others (like me) enjoy horrible weather phenomena, because it makes everyone around you experience the same thing. This is much better than being isolated in a crowd of people who don't share your experiences. It's also the time when people are more likely to band together for safety, and so the tribal urge is satsified.

Others simply expect bad things to happen and get validation when it does.

Still others are just misanthropic.

All of these are pretty normal, and much more typical than many would like to believe

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
You are not wrong to look forward to situation X. I feel the global conciousness is expecting it. There is so much going on in global politics etc that something has got to give. People know it.

In my opinion it is bad if do not acknowledge the enevitibility of situation X.

Whether it be WWIII, police state crack down, aliens, false flag, natural disater, or all of the above.

Something has got to give. How can we honestly be satisfied with human society right now? We are capable of so much better as a race.

Really? What wonderful things are we capable of as a race? When have we ever showed ourselves to be any better than we are now?

It was the advent of civilization which has caused most of our highs and lows. And each new high brought with it lows. I can't think of any one thing we have done "right" which hasn't also brought horrible consequences.

I'd be much obliged if you could point out something which violates this postulate

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
You are not wrong to look forward to situation X. I feel the global conciousness is expecting it. There is so much going on in global politics etc that something has got to give. People know it.

In my opinion it is bad if do not acknowledge the enevitibility of situation X.

Whether it be WWIII, police state crack down, aliens, false flag, natural disater, or all of the above.

Really? What wonderful things are we capable of as a race? When have we ever showed ourselves to be any better than we are now?

It was the advent of civilization which has caused most of our highs and lows. And each new high brought with it lows. I can't think of any one thing we have done "right" which hasn't also brought horrible consequences.

I'd be much obliged if you could point out something which violates this postulate

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join