It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I weird for wanting a Situation X type event to happen?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Although I find it prudent to be prepared for a possible situation X, I would worry about you if you actually desire something so horrible to happen.

Perhaps you should look into getting some professional help.

Nope, this is very normal. Many people who feel disenfranchised in a society would like to see it end if it occured in a way which they were not at fault.

This is quite normal, and does not require therapy, unless it gets to the point the person is attempting to precipitate the event themselves.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire

Originally posted by loam
In my view, it's only a problem if you aren't concerned about it. Hope is a quality that should be defended vigorously.

If you feel you have none, then you might be in more trouble than you think.

I wouldnt necessarily say I am concerned about an event mentioned above, but more like looking forward to it.

He says looking forward to it.

Now I am not judging, because this is a fascinating topic, and we humans are odd, lol

May I ask could you get as much joy out of feeding the hungry, or helping an old lady, across the street, try and chanel those thoughts in another direction....

[edit on 023131p://bFriday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

I totally injoyed your post and I have studied the same things, so they are not foreign to me, it is just that I really am just an observer, time will tell.

[edit on 023131p://bFriday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I think it's pretty natural to want to witness destruction. Have you ever been to a NASCAR or other stock car race, and secretly wanted to see a crash? You may not have wanted to see anyone get hurt, but that was the real reason you bought your ticket?

Why do people pay to watch a demolition derby? Boxing, the UFC, football ect, there are people who want to see a fight on the field, or just to watch to men (or women) beat the living heck out of each other.

Sure I would love to have an asteroid hit the planet near me. I would want to survive it, but see the impact.

I would like to be in a hurricane.

I would like to be on a mountain and see a tsunami come in.

I would like to feel a powerful earthquake.

It's the same reason that I would go watch a disaster movie.

But when it's all said and done, I would want to be able to go home to a nice leather recliner and my laptop so I could post some pics on ATS.

So be careful what you wish for, you may just get it.

It would totally suck to have my home destroyed, and lose family and friends. Even a week with no electricity, and I bet you would change your mind about situation x.

But it would be nice to not have to worry about the ridiculous amounts of paper work, red tape, and genral BS that is part of everyday life.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

I think for me...seems like I have seen so much happening before the event..they are somehow different but the same...I know that I will not have a comfortable retirement...if I survive that far!! but events and the things I have seen ,,seems to pan out so slowly...

Sit X ..when it hits the fan life will be simple...if I survive....I will know who is trying to screw me and my priorities are simple food shelter and warmth!!

And hopefully people will get on with each other...because they will have to to survive!!

The world and people today are so complicated and ego's and self interest is all people seem to understand...

If I don't survive Sit X Its either oblivion...or there is something else...better!!

I believe in the latter..just seems to make sense !!

I think this is a special time in human evolution...and we are privelidged to be here at this time!!

If Sit X happens I am well prepared.and will do my utmost to survive and look after my own and anyone that is a decent human being..If I don't survive..I won't have to suffer real hardship!! I somewhere else to go!!

Its a win win situation !!lol

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I have studied many faiths,

Once upon a time the secrets were revealed,

Love one-another,
Turn the other cheek,
cloth the naked.
Feed the poor.
Love thy neighbor as oneself.
Do good to those who hate you.

It is so simple, it doesn't have to be complicated.
Why is it we are unable to see it?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

You might not like it once you are actually experiencing it.....

I have been in more then one natural disaster and I don't look forward to them.

But some people seem to like tornades, I pray for them to go away,

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
In my personal opinion, I think for anyone who desires for something to happen, as stated in your openining post, when indeed it does begin to take place and unfold, you will quickly be saying, 'I wished this would have never happened!"

Never eagerly anticpate a future you can't determine. There is no turning the clock back. It's best to enjoy the moment you are living in, when you have somewhat a control over it.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
We have become desensitized.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by shuck

Do I look forward to it?? Yes to a degree ,,this life is comfortable....but I am sick of mans inhumanty to ...everything!!...There was a time when I thought we had evolved ....sadly the way I look at human beings behave now ...I think we are devolving...Sit x needs to happen to give the human collective consciousness a kick up the arse!!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by shuck
reply to post by shuck

Do I look forward to it?? Yes to a degree ,,this life is comfortable....but I am sick of mans inhumanty to ...everything!!...There was a time when I thought we had evolved ....sadly the way I look at human beings behave now ...I think we are devolving...Sit x needs to happen to give the human collective consciousness a kick up the arse!!

collective consciousness,

thank you, there are the words I was looking for, now why do you think the change in the human condition must be brought about through some negative intervention, cannot the collective consciousness work through or bring about a positive event for the good of humanity?

[edit on 033131p://bFriday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

reply to post by shuck

Hey shuck, how about you make a difference in the here and now?

There are millions, dare I say, of people who make a difference in this world every day. They open homeless shelters, and give aid to the poor, many people dedicate their lives to making a difference.

Why are we WAIT'IN for some SIT X to happen, that's kinda a cop out.

This might be all there is.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think it's almost inevitable for us to solve the problems we face in this world, but that's only if a situation x doesn't occur and sidetracks our progress.

Anyone hoping that a situation x would bring about positive change is being far too short-sighted. You'd be sacrificing the present for the future, when the future never needed the sacrifice in the first place.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I know what you mean and I too feel the same way...I don't want to die or anything...In fact, I hope that if something does happen it doesn't affect me in any way. I just wonder how exactly things would go down. On one end, I don't like the idea of millions of people dying or suffering...But on the other hand, I don't really know these people and they don't really affect me, so it isn't a lingering concern.

But last night I was watching this Discovery Channel show about what would happen if a comet hit the Earth and it made me realize the potential impact would be alot worse than I imagined. It wasn't so much the show, but it made me think about "what would happen if my entire city was destroyed"...I assumed that everyone evacuated and was alive, but what if my house was destroyed? And all my posessions? I'm sure insurence wouldn't be able to handle that, so I'd be plum out of luck. It was somewhat humbling to come to that realization, and it sorta pushed my "desire" for a cataclysmic event back a bit.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DazedDave

YUP, LIFE aint a movie.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I think it would be wonderful if there was a peaceful way for humanity to get through this stage...but there are far too many bad people out there ...we have bodies in the realm...these can be taken away ...and we change nothing..The lunatics have taken over the asylum I think ..there are many...the sane can only sit back and watch it implode...because the sane are very few and far between in this world I think....

Things I feel have to get worse before they get better,,,

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I think it would be wonderful if there was a peaceful way for humanity to get through this stage...but there are far too many bad people out there ...we have bodies in the realm...these can be taken away ...and we change nothing..The lunatics have taken over the asylum I think ..there are many...the sane can only sit back and watch it implode...because the sane are very few and far between in this world I think....

Things I feel have to get worse before they get better,,,

Hi shuck,
I do understand, but I also believe we are condtioned to believe the way we do.

So it must be as in the day of Noah?

Did it change anything?

This song has been sung before.

[edit on 033131p://bFriday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I have been involved in all sorts, environmental, animal welfare, and the last job a nurse..so yes I have tried very hard to do my bit...but so much seems infiltrated by corrupt stupid egocentric people.....

Don't get me wrong ..there are some lovely people out there doing their best ...trying and trying...but the lunatics have the upper hand now...done my bit ...accepted I can only change things in my little world and I am outnumbered ...so now its time to sit back and watch the show..

Will reserve judgement till its finished !lol

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I guess mankind has always wanted something better, this is why they think we need a messiah,

We have always understood we are imperfect.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

but so much seems infiltrated by corrupt stupid egocentric people.....

That's interesting, I would love to hear more, but haven't there always been corrupt stupid egocentric people?

Tell them to knock it off.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join