It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I weird for wanting a Situation X type event to happen?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Does anyone think we have to keep reliving the same situations until we get it right?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I have another question.

Who is it that brings about this situation X, which I have never heard of before?

Is this gods judgement?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I think that our species is really separated into 2 thinking minds, the ones who ponder of what is to happen to the human reace, thinking about what will be the next step for us, things such as that. On the other hand you have the doom and gloom thinkers, the ones who want bad things to happen, and to witness them and to come face to face with them. I am one of these. I think its just the adrenaline rush.

link   
A little something from John Larson:
The opposite of war is not peace, It's creation.

link   
Are you bored with your life? Do you need some type of stimulation in your life? Try joining different activities and groups to combat that bordem. Thanx for hearing me out.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
WOuldn't it be interesting that, if situation X does arrive, is because the powers that be really are that same child we used to be playing with legos? Constructing, playing, getting tired, then knocking it down to re-create once more.

I myself feel that I've grown too dettached to this particular level of society. I just can never get into the whole materialism and greed to the level we see this day not just with corporations that continue lobbying for more of their interests and less for the community. But our kids are also growing up with these things influencing them through TV and other media.

I guess I'm just too dam*ed old fashioned and still want to believe in a better humanity. But if the above is where humanity is going, then maybe we do need a major event to occur to remind people of their humanity.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Opulisum

I think its just the adrenaline rush.

Yea I said that a few post back.

Lets talk adrenaline, and survival, and brain chemistry.

Let me tell you a horrible story.

26 years ago my mother dies, the shock of it left me with panic attacks for the rest of my life, adrenaline over load,

The fight or flight center of my brain was now totally out of control, I died a million deaths.

The natural instinct that use to save our ancestors in times of trouble was now my nemesis.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

There has always been these type of people about...just there are a hell of a lot more of them now!!

The human consciousness and humans are capable of so much..we have moved so fast...yet now ...its all pettiness..

I think human conciousness is evolving and with each cataclysmic event...we move that bit forward...thats what its all about I think..

Cutting the dead wood .survival of the fittest ...

This is my way of looking at it!!

link   

There has always been these type of people about...just there are a hell of a lot more of them now!!

The human consciousness and humans are capable of so much..we have moved so fast...yet now ...its all pettiness..

I think human conciousness is evolving and with each cataclysmic event...we move that bit forward...thats what its all about I think..

Cutting the dead wood .survival of the fittest ...

This is my way of looking at it!!

link   

I guess I'm just too dam*ed old fashioned and still want to believe in a better humanity. But if the above is where humanity is going, then maybe we do need a major event to occur to remind people of their humanity.
reply to post by Question

But the majority of humanity is not guilty, and it would most likely be the powers that be that survive, the lego knockers.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by shuck

survival of the fittest

That is natures way, but that don't mean they are the good guys.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I have had that...it really isn't nice ..but the upside is anything that happens in life ...I am not afraid...what will be will be!!

Dealing with the outside is far easier than dealing with the inside!!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I don't believe its Gods judgement!! I don't think there is judgement ...something bad eventually destroys itself!! there is only in the universe creativity and destruction but a constant movement forward!!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
why do you think the change in the human condition must be brought about through some negative intervention, cannot the collective consciousness work through or bring about a positive event for the good of humanity?

Hey Stormdancer.
Believe me, a peaceful revolution would be ideal. The problem is, what exactly will cause a spiritual revolution to happen? Do you not think that it requires some kind of catalyst? People don't generally start driving cautiously until they've had some kind of accident. Many smokers don't stop smoking until they've had a heart attack. These are figurative examples and of course, there are exceptions, but basically what I'm trying to say is that change rarely happens without a catalyst - if ever. Why should people live more righteous lives? What's in it for them? Shouldn't they just stick to their couches and reality TV shows, fast food and plastic possessions... that is, until something happens to suggest they do otherwise?

The only pleasant catalyst I can imagine is the big white bearded guy in the sky coming down and asking each and every person to wake up. But seeing as I don't believe in the Judeo-Christian concept of God, but rather a divine capability within each of us, the only way to wake (or shake) every single person in society up is through something that will shock them into creating a more positive future for themselves of their own accord.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

But for something to be fit and healthy....it has to be nurtured ,,,

are people in this age healthy in mind...a lot of the nurturing is nearly gone..I know working as a nurse for 7 years how people have become...

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

The problem is, what exactly will cause a spiritual revolution to happen? Do you not think that it requires some kind of catalyst? People don't generally start driving cautiously until they've had some kind of accident. Many smokers don't stop smoking until they've had a heart attack.

The problem is, what exactly will cause a spiritual revolution to happen?

I don't know.

People don't generally start driving cautiously until they've had some kind of accident. Many smokers don't stop smoking until they've had a heart attack.

Good points, but many drive cautiously just because they know they should, Same with smoking

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

are people in this age healthy in mind...a lot of the nurturing is nearly gone..I know working as a nurse for 7 years how people have become...

HI,

So I hear, I have friends in the health care field that hate it.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by shuck

I am in my late forties...Looking at the way things are and following them to their logical conclusion Sit X will happen in my lifetime...and now looking around at the mess we are in... and project things 5 years hence..

Is it going to get better,,,very unlikely I think...Destruction to creativity..I believe thats the unversal consciousness!!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Thats why I left...I went into nursing in my 30s I wanted to do something...I cared...I was very wet behind the ears.....Nurses were treat like crap by each other and by patients....

We need a Sit X lol

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

I think this is not odd at all, and is an example of rare honesty. In general, everyone wants something horrible to happen - people were so excited about Katrina, people are wishing and hoping for a economic disaster in the US now, etc. People love wars. Why? These events provide drama. They provide interesting stories. They are different from the normal pace of life.

As long as people don't actually have to go through the event and have something negative happen to them, they love the thought of something horrible happening. I've particularly noticed this when it comes to weather. I live in a coastal state and there are a large handful of people who openly admit to wanting a hurricane to hit us - and not just any hurricane, a huge category 5 one. There is even a name for it, its called "wishcasting" (as opposed to forecasting).

However, I have noticed that those who have actually been through a horrifying event and know what its like sincerely don't want another one. Its only those who have not experienced it who want it, because of the excitement. I've been through enough hurricanes to where I sincerely don't want to live through weeks of no power and take the chance of my life being destroyed.

But I applaud the OP for being honest. Its quite normal, and anyone who has had the good luck of never having been through a disaster but claims they don't want one is either a rarity or not being truthful.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join