It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger over girls' strip searches

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
apc

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The other, ealier source isn't nearly as emotion provoking as the OP article.

"After a number of calls, I eventually got a call from a woman who said that she had the kids and was about half-an-hour from the hotel.

"I was so relieved. We'd only been apart for a matter of days but it seemed like forever.

"The girls had an interesting insight into the life of a "removed" child in New York City.

"They also had some great fun tales of all the other girls they met in the orphanage and said they were treated like mini celebrities from England.

"It was quite a relief to know that they hadn't been scarred for life."

Still crappy though.

link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yesh there are alot of them and some of them may be teaching your children. My son was raped by his Kindergarten teacher so yes they do things like that. And yep she was a woman. 14 children were molested and raped by her and the town covered it up because her dad was the #1 attorney in the area. And believe it or not it was one of the states worst cases.

Hilda

link   
reply to post by loam

Well, if you are in the country in question, and aren't looking into what you can do about this... then, yes, I am against you.

Sorry, but it's the harsh truth.

It's because of people standing by and thinking "someone else will handle it" that these things are allowed to occur.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc

"After a number of calls, I eventually got a call from a woman who said that she had the kids and was about half-an-hour from the hotel.

"I was so relieved. We'd only been apart for a matter of days but it seemed like forever.

"The girls had an interesting insight into the life of a "removed" child in New York City.

"They also had some great fun tales of all the other girls they met in the orphanage and said they were treated like mini celebrities from England.

Still crappy though.

See, all that energy hating America and the real story is these girls were not abused. Don't you all feel foolish now?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
...We have proof that "liberal" is not synonymous with "enlightened"
As much as I am usually a critic of the "Right" on these forums, the "Left" has it's extremist authoritarian tendencies as well.

Right on there, Xmotex!

#

Look people -- if there is any truth to this story, the Mom will sue the city of New York and collect $10 million dollars. NYC tax payers will all suffer just a bit more. As for the Mom? She will be set for life.

Pretty fair trade for having to spending a night with ACS.

That is the way things work in New York City, don't you see?

Great thread, but I'm moving on. Good luck, all -- we will catch up on some other topic.

Best Regards.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight

Typically, immediately it draws out the haters of America with their vile montras

And every hate America thread has to have the standard link to,

DynaCorp ..........Halliburton etc. to George Bush (sr)'s office.

*Yawn* Care to get back to the subject? I'm an American and I love my country. But I'm not so naiive as to think that sickos and criminals don't gravitate towards positions of powers, especially where they can manipulate helpless children. I've already proven my conviction with sources to back it up.

This has nothing to do with being anti-American, although I appreciate your semi-fascist innuendo that anybody speaking out against corruption within the system is somehow being un-patriotic.

Next. (You have to keep a sharp eye for posters like this, folks.)

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Although not over her pneumonia, Yvonne was determined the family would make the most of their last night in New York. Half-an-hour later, she and her daughters were in a cab on-route to Broadway.

"We had already booked our tickets for Mary Poppins, and wanted to treat ourselves after everything that had happened," said Yvonne.

"We saw a fantastic show and then went out and had a lovely meal. We even managed to get a bit of shopping in as the shops stayed open late."

Armed with inhalers and antibiotics, Yvonne and the girls took a dash around Times Square in a cab the next day before boarding their flight back to Gatwick.

"We'd still had the trip of a lifetime, just for all the wrong reasons," joked Yvonne.

After reading this I REALLY want to hear the other side.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Uh... I'd like to see where you got those other quotes, because the BBC quoted her saying the following.

"Instead of that they were taken to a orphanage and subjected to the kind of treatment you wouldn't even expect criminals to go through."

"This was their Christmas present and it was totally ruined."

"They had to shower in front of strangers. What they went through would be a breach of anyone's human rights, let alone two girls on holiday."

"I'm not guilty of anything other than getting ill in a country without family or friends."

One of the Girls was quoted saying...

"At first it was so shocking - it was as if it wasn't happening but then it hits you."

Yeah, this really sounds like the mother was just peachy with the whole ordeal.

BBC : Photographs were taken and the girls were told they would not be allowed to visit their mother in hospital.

I am having a hard time understanding how any of you think this is NOT a human rights issue!!!

Then you post this crap making the mother seem like she was happy with her daughters being stripped, watched, pictures taken, and restrained from seeing their mother.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
"Nothing here to see, move on people, move on...."

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I was actually beginning to think that it was a human trafficking attempt, to kidnap those girls, that is. Perhaps it was, but failed to do so?

reply to post by Odium

Dude, are you serious? Wikipedia, there you go. You don't believe what I'm saying and the history of this area? Here, I'll try to educate you with loads of information that you'll regret insulting me -

wcbstv.com...

Those people (the tourists) were around in that area. It is possible they were harassed by those men.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
The other, ealier source isn't nearly as emotion provoking as the OP article. Don't you all feel foolish now?

I was going to sign off, but I just read the above article posted by the brilliant APC and SectionEight. I quote from it below:

Although not over her pneumonia, Yvonne was determined the family would make the most of their last night in New York. Half-an-hour later, she and her daughters were in a cab on-route to Broadway. "We saw a fantastic show and then went out and had a lovely meal. We even managed to get a bit of shopping in as the shops stayed open late."

WHAT? WHAT? THAT IS -- OUTRAGEOUS!

Here in the USA, we're taught NOT TO INFECT other people. I am so upset and disgusted that you people from the UK would come over here, spreading your disease!

What about all the people that are now sick with pneumonia, because this INCONSIDERATE BRIT had no empathy? Think about all those poor New Yorkers, now sick with pneumonia -- a potentially deadly disease! Some Christmas present. Thanks UK -- a bunch!

Oh -- Her kids should be taken away. Yes. And she should be put in jail. The damage and thoughtlessness and pure British inconsideration! How typical and disturbing and uneducated!

I am never going back to the United Kingdom for any reason! And I will never never never ever ever ever ever trust any one from the UK again, so long as I live!

(Ha ha -- Just joking...
Good night everyone!)

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The responses on this thread are unbelievable. The US government spends our tax dollars to send our child services representatives after some tourist and people call America power hungry, etc etc. BS.

There is no reason the hospital would have called the social workers if they felt that the mother was able to take care of those underage children. Since she was bed ridden and obviously wanted to keep them safe and the hospital couldnt they put them through the system to "hold" them for a time. I would imagine the strip search, medical examination etc are all de rigeur for the orphanage as it takes all kind of kids that wind up there. Those places have open showers, which are monitored, not for pedophilia but for security purposes and to check for any signs of physical abuse.

People make it out to be as if these girls were forcible removed from their parents and forced into the orphanage. Typical BS BBC coverage that is more hyperbole and less fact. These two girls are not the first girls in the system.

Also about Harlem, the idea here about some 70s version of gangs and drugs is unfounded. Today it is probably safer than most parts of London. There are still a lot of black people and Hispanics but there is little crime and more police. I live very close to Harlem and I know this. Unless you invite trouble, trouble will not find you in New York. Also, it is big on tourists because there are many museums in Harlem and also it is the home of Jazz music in the city. Any and all tours of the city of New York will take you through harlem .

[edit on 24-1-2008 by IAF101]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

Originally posted by apc

Well, that certainly casts their ordeal in a somewhat different light, doesn't it.

I continue to insist she shouldn't have taken her kids with her to the hospital, every hospital I've encountered has a policy against allowing underage visitors.

They were staying at the LaGuardia Marriot, for crying out loud, not exactly a flophouse, eh?

Sounds very much like the account she gave the BBC was, shall we say, embellished a bit, for "dramatic" impact.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FaxMachine
"Nothing here to see, move on people, move on...."

*shoving sugar coated articles in peoples face*

Look at this, the mother was happy, their vacation went fine, move along people.... move along.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

The first video was taken in brooklyn..that isnt harlem and those men knew they were being filmed, couldnt possibly be acting up for the cameras
the second video is something that could have been taken in any club in any major city in any country on the planet

the third is a rap video.

I live in oklahoma and can see and experience much worse than that any time I choose in certain parts of town. We wont mention little rock, or houston, or washington DC or any number of smaller yet heavily gang infested cities where areas arent going through a revival of those small inner city communities such as harlem or queens.

Im sure london is all peachy keen everywhere you go...oh thats right I know for a fact after getting lost there at the age of barely 17 on a trip with my parents and a friend that it isnt all peachy keen and we were in a place we'd rather not have been at night.

thank god their version of CPS didnt snatch us up and cart us off to an orphanage despite the fact that my parents were very much alive and their whereabouts firmly established. Because we were wandering the streets after dark trying to figure out where to go.
rather than trying to spend the night in the waiting room of the hospital where my parents had taken ill.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

Thank you, finally somebody knows what I'm talking about.

But then again, I hope they're all OK and safe.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The negative report modifies "stripped of their belongings" to become "strip searched". Otherwise it is about 90% match to the original article.

The original article contains 5% good and 95% cock-up. Needless to say the "good" report is the 5%!

What you have is monumental cock up by the authorities but the kids were not physically mistreated. Mentally stressed out you bet!

You have a reporter wishing to report bad things.....
You have a reporter wishing to report good things......

The full truth is neither of these.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
[my question is why didn't they call there embassy to make arrangemients for the girls isn't that there job being the girls are british nationals

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
The negative report modifies "stripped of their belongings" to become "strip searched".

Why don't you quote the whole sentence? "Stripped of their belongings and clothes..."

Originally posted by malcr...the kids were not physically mistreated.

No competent torturer leaves physical marks.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This sort of thing is not unique. It seems to be the policy to brutalize the kids as much as possible:

www.newswithviews.com/Bet...auf104.htm
Two seventh graders face sex assualt charges for 'butt-whacking' a group of girls.

"Yamhill County, Oregon District Attorney Brad Berry is charging two seventh graders, Ryan Cornelison and Cory Mashburn, ages 12 and 13, who attend Patton Middle School in McMinnville, Oregon with five counts of sex abuse in the third degree which are class A misdemeanors for butt whacking. ...

"The boys, who had been Mirandized, were visibly shaken and stripped searched multiple times after they met with the attorneys to make sure they werent carrying any contraband back. They were handcuffed. They were locked in a cell. They ..werent allowed to see their parents. ....."

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join