It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger over girls' strip searches

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buck Division

Originally posted by TheoOne
I DON'T GET IT???

I agree. The story just doesn't make sense to me.

Like I said in an earlier post, what is more likely was that the Mom was on drugs, had HIV, beat her kids, was highly abusive, was acting psychotic, etc.

For example, the story changes dramatically when you consider that the girls were being pimped by their Mom to an undercover agent, and she subsequently faked pneumonia to escape arrest. (Is that at all possible? Please think about that.)

Wow, just wow, the ignorance displayed in this post is astonishing.

So a HIV infected, drug addicted mother of 2 pays to travel from the UK to America to pimp out her two kids? For what purpose exactly?

Wow, just...well.....wow.....

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by Buck Division

Originally posted by TheoOne
I DON'T GET IT???

I agree. The story just doesn't make sense to me.

Like I said in an earlier post, what is more likely was that the Mom was on drugs, had HIV, beat her kids, was highly abusive, was acting psychotic, etc.

For example, the story changes dramatically when you consider that the girls were being pimped by their Mom to an undercover agent, and she subsequently faked pneumonia to escape arrest. (Is that at all possible? Please think about that.)

Wow, just wow, the ignorance displayed in this post is astonishing.

So a HIV infected, drug addicted mother of 2 pays to travel from the UK to America to pimp out her two kids? For what purpose exactly?

Wow, just...well.....wow.....

I completely agree, I'm totally disgusted by those blind patriots who instantly reverse the roles and assume that the victims are actually the criminals and the criminals are the victims! A bunch of bloody paedo's and perverts actually took these girls to an orphanage after their mum got sick (as if things aren't bad enough by this point) and then humiliated them repeatedly without giving them access to their mother at any point.

These poor children should have been taken to the nearest British embassy and left there to not be stripped and molested by the disgusting Yankee government representatives.

Beyond shocking. I bet American tourism is just going to rocket after this escapade.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Absolutely disgusting human beings - or maybe not human.

Strip searching the girls and making them shower in front of others is appalling. I don't give a god damn what degrees they have or what sex they are.

Any government employees strip search my kid and I will personally cut through them like butter and watch them blleed until their vessels are empty.

They were minors - they had not been arrested they were supposed to be taken care of, but instead they were traumatized for life by low life government servants.

Anyone who supports the strip searching of minors is a monster and these monsters have no business serving the public.

I hope they get sued for a few million and these workers get fired.

Then they need to be publicly identified and put on a list of enemies of the state and a sex offenders list.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
People should be happy that these girls were not 'probed' .

I would imagine that people ARE happy that the girls were not probed. However, does that mean we should be happy that a 15 year old TOURIST (who let's face it probably has the body of a mature young woman) is forced to strip naked and shower in public?

I guess if they HAD been probed you would be telling us that's a normal procedure designed to make sure they aren't carrying lethal weapons concealed in their vaginas and people should be happy that these girls were not tied to a table and gang raped

I suggest that the culture you have subscribed to has you either desensitised or dehumanised.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynCritter
When (she undoubtedly) advised the paramedics who first attended her that she is from the UK, they KNEW she has NO HEALTH INSURANCE!

Assumption and probably false.

Few tourists are dumb enough to visit the US without purchasing holiday health insurance.

Most people know the US is just about the only country in the world where your life savings won't even buy you a plaster cast

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
edit to delete crap post

[edit on 1/9/08 by RogerT]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Why were they even considered being placed in foster care or an orphanage in the USA when they were from the UK?
Why didn't the social worker contact family in the UK and put them on a plane to go home?And then the mother would follow when she was better?
Obviously they would have had a return ticket.
This is appalling.
Obviously this particular branch of the child welfare system is corrupt and run by pedophiles.
I wonder what evidence there is of males present when they were stripped and showered and photographed?
If they are a minor in a foreign country with no one to look after them then they should be sent home after contacting family at home to receive them at the airport.
And if no family is contactable take them to the British embassy and they will organize it.
"A spokeswoman from ACS told BBC News it was an "entirely confidential matter" and the department would not comment."
They need to sue the crap out of these morons.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

This sort of thing happens all the time in the USA. Your child can be taken away permanently if a stranger accuses you of child abuse. It has happened to at least five people I know of. Evidence is not need just an accusisation.

J*** had 22 counts of child abuse brought against him by a drug dealer who wanted to get a hold of his daughter. He was never arraigned because there was absolutely no evidence of any kind of abuse except for the word of the dealer. The state removed the child from his care and place her in the care of the drug dealer. This dealer has pulled this stunt at least four times to my knowledge.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

This is something that should have involved the embassy or consulate. Quite how or why US officials seem to think they can take foreign citizens children into care for no reason and subject them to the treatment they say they had is puzzling and alarming.

I guess stu you missed this little announcement the US made?

US allows kidnapping?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I loved this quote from the article:

Shami Chakrabarti, director of the human rights group Liberty, said: “This law may date back to bounty hunting days, but they should sort it out if they claim to be a civilised nation.”

From this thread and copious others here on ATS, there are many things that need to be sorted out in the way the US handles non-US citizens.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join