It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger over girls' strip searches

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Yes, we should be glad that they didn't probe the girls because their mom was taken ill.

I don't understand people sometimes.

Its very simple. Dont fall sick in a foreign country when you are the sole guardian of underage children! Perhaps you would be more satisfied if the police picked them up abused and molested in some back alley while their mother is in the hospital ? The same thing would have happened to American citizens if a single parent was hospitalized and his/her underage children were left unsupervised. That is child services.

What I cant understand is why these British tourists have no sense, act foolishly and then complain ? The only person to blame is the British parent who foolishly brought her sickness across the Atlantic and then asked for Child services.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Getting sick is "acting foolishly"

Seek help

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Carrying your illness across the Atlantic at the start of a holiday is indeed stupid. Add to that the insistence for her children to be taken care of.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
she didn't get it until she was in the us.

besides people fly with colds all the time never affects people but sometimes it does.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Uh, do you really believe that ' a large portion of CPS workers have been arrestedf for child abuse " ? That is utter nonsense. Every state checks the criminal background of all CPS workers, most of whom have Masters or 4 year degrees in social services and related fields, and to allege that a ' large portion ' of them are child abusers is very wrong and nothing more than gossip of the worst sort.

There are exceptions to every rule, and of course sometimes a freak gets in a position where he or she can harm a child, but it is far from common and is rare indeed. How many CPS workers were arrested and charged with child abuse offenses last year? If you do not know then you should not support claims made on videos. It ios a shock and a rarity when a CPS worker is charged with some horrid offense, and the majority of those workers are there to help and make a difference for kids, in a very hard job.

In a rush to judgement, lets keep the facts straight.
We all want to protect our kids, but we had better be sure when we throw figures around that make no sense and have no basis in reality. The statistics tell a far diferent tale sometimes than the alarmists.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

And you've never traveled while feeling a little ill? OK.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I've travelled abroad many times with a very noticeable cough or cold and never been stopped from going before.

You seem very mis-informed if you think that even a slight paper cut or in this case a cold bars you from travelling.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Shall we go through your post and pick it apart piece by piece?

Originally posted by IAF101
The fact that over 20% of the worlds CCTV's are in the UK

Prove it.

or the fact that the British Homeland Security office spends 78% of its budget on CCTV's

No such thing as the "Homeland Security Office" and I doubt that the Home Office spends £11 Billion on CCTV, considering they have so many other things, such as the Police, to pay for.

or the fact that there is one camera for every 14 people in the UK

It's actually 1 for every 5.
But most CCTv is in Garage forecourts, shops and what not that the business has place there to catch thieves.

or the fact that apart from CCTV's there is also an extensive database of personal information

As there would be in any case of an individual dealing with a Government. Or do you honestly expect me to believe the USA does not hold personal information on it's citizens? At least in the UK we're protected by the DPA.

coupled with behavior recognition software coupled with facial recognition technology

Aside from your poor grammar, neither of these technologies is employed in the UK. In fact, the world leaders in Facial recognition software are DARPA in the USA.

can all hardly be discounted as nothing less than total state sponsored pervasive domestic intelligence gathering.

Considering 95% of CCTV is privately owned by individuals and business, plus I have shown your "facts" to be complete crap, the above statement is the usual tripe you spout.

Like the STASI in East Germany the MI5 in Britian and the homeland security office are determined in the total and absolute submission of the populace and use this "grid" of CCTV's to check for 'bad' behavior.

MI5 has it's hands full with the small population of Muslim extremists, let alone a total population of 60 million people. How you can compare MI5 to the STASI is beyond me, although considering your obviously limited grasp of the real world and actual facts, I shouldn't be surprised.

The claim that "nobody" is watching is yet again another fairy tale that nobody believes because every news paper has been shown the surveillance bunkers manned and staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I never said "nobody" was watching, just that 95% of CCTV is unmonitored. The 5% that is is for town centers, traffic control and high security sites.

I just typed in CCTV britian and was inundated with articles, the first one being Police state

Whats your point? I could type "USA is crap" and get 1.4 million hits. Doesn't make it true though, does it?

[edit on 31/1/08 by stumason]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

What I cant understand is why these British tourists have no sense, act foolishly and then complain ? The only person to blame is the British parent who foolishly brought her sickness across the Atlantic and then asked for Child services.

You must really love your goverment!? you support the war in Iraq too dont you?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
For those passionate about FURTHER BASHING New York City, here is a new and interesting thread that you might want to consider looking at.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In the above case, an NYPD officer was actually pimping a teener. Pretty awful. (Don't think the girl was a foreigner, so maybe that missing element might not make the story so engaging. Don't know.)

A lot of rope here to hang NYC. No doubt about that.

It is all about abuse by authority, eh? Bash away.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Its very simple. Dont fall sick in a foreign country when you are the sole guardian of underage children!

Wow. I didn't realise you had a choice when to become sick....

Perhaps you would be more satisfied if the police picked them up abused and molested in some back alley while their mother is in the hospital ?

Is that what Police do, then?

The same thing would have happened to American citizens if a single parent was hospitalized and his/her underage children were left unsupervised. That is child services.

What a great country... No, really, it is...

Sometimes I wonder if you ever actually read anything or whether you let your mouth run off without engaging the limited supply of brain cells you appear to have.

She fell ill IN THE STATES. So how is that "bringing" the illness across the Atlantic? Maybe someone on the flight was ill.

Let's just hope that should you ever go to a foreign country (although I doubt you will, considering your rampant xenophobia) you end up being ill in one with decent healthcare, like Europe. It would be a real shame that you should fall ill anywhere else.....

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
She fell ill IN THE STATES. So how is that "bringing" the illness across the Atlantic? Maybe someone on the flight was ill.

Although it depends upon the type of pneumonia she had, there is generally a three to seven day period between the time you are infected and the time you first develop symptoms.

It sounds like the lady might have had "walking pneumonia" which actually has a two-week development time. If this is true, she was highly contagious. (That is the big problem with walking pneumonia – you can infect a lot of people.)

I suspect that she had walking pneumonia. Full-blown pneumonia would have taken two or more weeks to recover from, and would have completely incapacitated her during that time period.

Regardless of the particular type of pneumonia, she infected a lot of innocent NYC residence on her holiday jaunt. Pneumonia is a pretty dangerous disease to be spreading around. I am sure she didn’t mean to be inconsiderate and selfish, but she should have stayed in the hospital, or at least her hotel room, until she was not as contagious.

EDIT: I'm not saying it was her fault that she contracted pneumonia. Nobody gets sick on purpose. And getting sick on vacation is a horrific drag, for sure. I can imagine her disposition and stress, and she probably wasn't thinking too clearly at the time, for reasons that have been copiously discussed above.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Pneumonia isn't a specific disease, rather it is the manifestation of symptoms of some sort of respiratory infection or irritant. This could have come from an infection back in blighty, or maybe something she caught on the plane. It could have been that fresh NY air that caused her pneumonia. Pneumonia isn't necessarily infectious.

Quite how you can say "she infected lots of innocent NY residents" or make assumptions on incubation period or a cause for her pneumonia is beyond me, unless your a one trick pony and are simply repeating the attempt at sarcasm from a couple of pages back.

[edit on 31/1/08 by stumason]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I can't believe people are trying to defend what happened. lol. It's almost like they are too proud of their country to admit that bad things happen, like murder and rape, it happens!

[edit on 31-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Quite how you can say "she infected lots of innocent NY residents" or make assumptions on incubation period or a cause for her pneumonia is beyond me, unless your a one trick pony and are simply repeating the attempt at sarcasm from a couple of pages back.

This whole thread is about assumptions. Can you blame me, really?

We are all working with a limited fact pool, expressing our opinions as best we can.

EDIT: BTW, I am a one trick pony. You have me correctly sized there.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I can't believe people are trying to defend what happened. lol. It's almost like they are too proud of their country to admit that bad things happen, like murder and rape, it happens!

[edit on 31-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

I know Pheonix I don't believe it myself.

Perhaps they are the child services staff in question, and are now trying to cover themselves?

As a brit myself I'm amazed that the kids where taken. Surely that was kidnapping? And Kidnapping here is treated very seriously indeed. While I'm not sure of how its delt with over on the other side of the pond, Why have the staff not been brought up on kidnapping charges?

[edit on 31-1-2008 by UK Alien Buff]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Over here, in the UK, a child can only be removed by a Police officer who suspects the child may be in danger, or by Social workers operating under a court order, where they must show the child is under threat of or has been abused. Under no other circumstances can a child be legally removed from their parents.

This is something that should have involved the embassy or consulate. Quite how or why US officials seem to think they can take foreign citizens children into care for no reason and subject them to the treatment they say they had is puzzling and alarming.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Yeah -- and I don't want to sound like I am defending the bad policies and character of New York City authorities. I hope the link I posted a couple of back, about the teenager being pimped by New York City Policeman, points that out.

I especially think it is ironic to see that article on the heels of IAF101's post, where he assumes the impossibility of police picking up kids and molesting them. Bad timing for him to make that argument.

As you say, it happens. I'm not going to be on the wrong side of that statement.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buck Division
I especially think it is ironic to see that article on the heels of IAF101's post, where he assumes the impossibility of police picking up kids and molesting them. Bad timing for him to make that argument.

As you say, it happens. I'm not going to be on the wrong side of that statement.

I agree it is bad timeing, I'd also wonder with so many registered users on here if the person/persons involved are members of ATS and would care to comment?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

Man, you must be dreaming. Administration for Children's Services (NYC's CPS) is horrible! I worked for them for ten and a half years, eight of those in Emergency Children's Services. The suits have been supposedly reforming this monstroaity for twelve years now and it keeps on abusing children, terrorizing families and neighbors, and getting away with it.

[edit on 1/9/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join