It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger over girls' strip searches

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Anger over girls' strip searches

news.bbc.co.uk

Two British girls were sent to an orphanage for 30 hours and strip searched after their mother became ill during a holiday in the US.

Gemma Bray, 15, and her 13-year-old sister Katie also had their clothes taken off them and were asked if they had been abused or were suicidal.

Their mother Yvonne Bray of Appledore, Devon, says their human rights were infringed by the authorities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This is terrible.

How on Earth were these two girls treated this way?
Surely someone must have known they were English and on holiday.

You would think someone would have the decency to help the girls properly by locating them into a hotel. A cell in a police station would have been better than what they endured.

This is a very serious matter and should never have happened.

Just what are the American authorities trying to do? Are they so intent on deliberately scaring the heck out of the rest of the world as well as turning their own country into a police state.

I can't fathom the brains behind this latest atrocity.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
A terrorist government cannot succeed until everybody feels terrorized. It's not just about humiliating some children. It's a message to the rest of society that the same can be done to their own children. Welcome to the Land of the Free! Freedom! Liberty! Freedom AND Liberty!!! Yeeee-Haawww!

Dae

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Wow, that was rough and totally wrong! The girls had to shower in front of strangers! Asked if they have been raped - wtf is going on? How can tourists be treated like that, the mum was ill in hospital! And to top it all off the mum gets a letter saying she is being investigated - did they send this letter to her UK address? How bizarre. Those girls were ABUSED by the Administration for Children's Services - can she sue?

Just found this acsmustbestopped.blogspot.com...

[edit on 24/1/08 by Dae]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hello

Strange indeed, why did they strip search these girls + made them shower? This is unheard of.... Maybe they were pedofiles, or is this normal??? If it's normal it's quite disturbing. I would sue right away, and beat up everyone involved if those were my children. Quite disturbing

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FaxMachine

The reason is simple..

They wanted to see little girls taking a shower.

They where sexually abused at the hands of the authorities, who, imo, should be prosecuted to the maximum extent of the law. Their superiors should be fired, the state should examine the entire department, but most importantly..

The ones who committed this CRIME should serve a good long time in a prison cell.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by FaxMachine

The reason is simple..

They wanted to see little girls taking a shower.

They where sexually abused at the hands of the authorities, who, imo, should be prosecuted to the maximum extent of the law. Their superiors should be fired, the state should examine the entire department, but most importantly..

The ones who committed this CRIME should serve a good long time in a prison cell.

I agree, they most likely are pedofiles. This is outrageous, i bet they went to spank their monkey after the show was over. God damn this pisses me off, there is NO reason to watch little girls taking a shower, period. If i would be the mother i would sue right away, this is so scary that i would not want to travel to us and fear i get a heart attack and my children get molested. CRAZY!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Something is not right with this story. Who goes vacationing in Harlem? The authorities were probably checking to see if the girls were being prostituted. They surely would not have been safe on the streets of Harlem all alone with the mother laid up in the Harlem hospital. One was 15 the other 13, pimps would have grabbed them up in a heartbeat never to be seen again. These girls probably owe their lives to the system.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

ROFL!
You can't possibly be for real

This is totally insane, a perfect example of how totally detached from reality our society has become.

If I were the UK I would be making a lot of diplomatic noise over this obscenity.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
What an appalling ordeal, my heart goes out to those poor girls and their mother.

"Come to America and spend your money well-off foreigners, but do expect to be treated like criminals if you're ever noticed by any of our Fascist system enforcers."

(Unless you sneak over the border to pick our fruit and clean our toilets, then instead of treating you like criminals, we'll only treat you like slaves.)

Why oh why didn't this mother provide for her daughter's welfare before she checked into hospital?

Like, leave them at the hotel, and tell them to stay put and order room service, until she came back to get them.

It doesn't matter how sick she was, unless she was dead, she should have seen to her kids welfare before seeing to her own.

What an unfortunate thing that she trusted any authority figure in this sick, twisted, power-addled country.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

WTF?

It doesn't say anything about them holidaying in Harlem, only that the mother was admitted to Queen's Medical Centre in Harlem. I could quite easily be admitted to a hospital in London or Newcastle in the UK, doesn't mean I actually spend any time in either city, just that is where I got my care.

The mother took them to New York so that they could take advantage of your pitifully weak dollar and spend some Christmas money there snapping up bargains, not to prostitute them like you insinuate.

The behavior of the authorities is completely out of order and the mother should sue for the distress caused.

If that was in the UK, the 15 year old girl would have been allowed to take care of the younger one in a hotel, or gone home with her, not have been snatched up by Child Services and subjected to humiliating, degrading treatment at the hands of busy body social workers who probably get their jollies from it.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
What an unfortunate thing that she trusted any authority figure in this sick, twisted, power-addled country.

Great post.
There is an obvious institutionalized psychosis in this country that bodes ill for citizens and visitors alike. This story is an excellent example of the Orwellian future planned for us all.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Somehow I don't think we've heard the complete story.

New York City is among the most liberal place in the USA. I can't imagine something like this taking place there, as reported, because everyone would be too afraid of being sued! This is the precise reason that the ACS doesn't want to comment (most likely.) They want to avoid litigation.

There has to be more to the story. Perhaps there was some illegal activity taking place? Some overriding health concern? Perhaps it is an exaggeration? Or maybe it is as simple as the family hoping to collect a big payout from the city?

As for the accusations of pedophilia -- not likely at all. For sure, any NYC social worker was of the proper gender and was well screened and qualified. Probably with a graduate degree. Probably spends a lot of time tracking down cases of pedophilia and child abuse.

Here is a link to the NYC Administration for Child Services. Gauge it for yourself. If the city is guilty of anything it is probably that they are extravagantly (and sickeningly) doting. That would be more typical of NYC.

If anyone has first hand experience with this (and I confess I don’t) I would be interested in seeing your take on this. But from my knowledge of things, this doesn't seem credible.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
*edit* Oh, this didn't happen in the U.K.

It seems to me like the power-hungry pedophiles who have infiltrated police force and government etc. are simply becoming more brazen in their violation of citizenry. So often this nonsense is done in the guise of 'helping victims'.

Who in their right mind strips a 13 year old girl naked and asks her if she's been abused? I'm pretty sure she would say "Yeah, like right now, when two 40 year old men stripped me naked. Feeling pretty abused right now, @$$holes"

Ridiculous.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
Something is not right with this story. Who goes vacationing in Harlem? The authorities were probably checking to see if the girls were being prostituted. They surely would not have been safe on the streets of Harlem all alone with the mother laid up in the Harlem hospital. One was 15 the other 13, pimps would have grabbed them up in a heartbeat never to be seen again. These girls probably owe their lives to the system.

Read the story instead of posting such ignorance.

She was vacationing in New York, the trip was a present to her daughters for Christmas. She got sick on her first night with breathing problems, and was admitted to the Queens Hospital, which HAPPENS to be in Harlem, though they where not staying in Harlem. Not that is even a point of this topic....

Anyways,

The Hostpital said the kids could not stay in with their mother in the facility because they where minors (which makes no freaking sense what so ever) .. So the Hostpital administrators said they would give the girls a place to stay.

Some jack@#$ called Child Services and they came and took the girls, WITHOUT the mother permition TO AN ORPHANAGE! ..

Where their clothes where taken from them, and they where issued a uniform type attire, and made to take a shower in front of them.

When the duty social worker told Ms Bray her daughters could not leave the orphanage, she discharged herself from the hospital against medical advice.

She said: "I was so cross. I didn't sign anything saying they could be examined or interrogated - they even asked them if they had been raped.

But it gets better.

Ms Bray has now received a letter from the Administration for Children's Services (ACS) to say she is now being investigated.

Even though she is not even an American citizen first off.. They actually tried to investigate her.

"I'm not guilty of anything other than getting ill in a country without family or friends."

A spokeswoman from ACS told BBC News it was an "entirely confidential matter" and the department would not comment.

I stand by my opinion.

The ones responsible should be charged with child molestation.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
They do that with US children as well. My son had an infected cat scratch on his hand and the teacher said it looked like a cigarette burn so they made my son strip, and they checked him all over and found nothing. This was 2 years ago. When they took my son to the Dr. to have it looked at she told them I had brought him in 3 days prior for an infected cat scratch but I was humilated and my husband in front of everyone as well as my son being striped and checked over by strangers. Believe me us US citizens dont have rights.

Hilda

link   

link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Some jack@#$ called Child Services and they came and took the girls, WITHOUT the mother permition TO AN ORPHANAGE! ..

CPS (child protection services) has been caught red-handed numerous times prostituting underage children, sexually abusing them, etc. They snatch kids from parents on a daily basis for the SMALLEST things.

I know many people don't trust Alex Jones, but he has busted CPS many times and had a very famous call-in from a CPS agent who reluctantly admitted that sexual abuse went on but that it was 'Only occasional' and that Americans should still abide by CPS. Alex went ballistic on him, it was a delight.

I'm sure this isn't the one, but it's the same topic.

PLEASE WATCH THIS IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW BAD IT REALLY IS

[edit on 24-1-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

What?...

First off, what the hells your point by the statements?

Secondly, what the hell does that have to do with the subject at hand?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This is appalling.

:shk:

It worries me that so many stories like this are coming to light.

Remember this one?

There was a time when as citizens we could distance ourselves from the moronic actions of our government. But increasingly, it is becoming clear we the citizens are also the problem.

I find the whole damned thing depressing.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by loam]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join