It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger over girls' strip searches

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This is another result of the Governments attempts to take control of chldren away from the parents and give it to the"community". This is the one thing Hillary Clinton has in common with both the Nazi's and the Communists and their NWO Masters; the desire to make her claim that "it takes a community" to raise children. Another brazen example of the further regimentation of society by those who are eroding our basic civil liberties. This is the stuff you'd hear survivors of the Fascist/Nazi/Communist authoritarian regimes say happened in the countries where those systems took power.
Further proof of where America is now heading!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
When (she undoubtedly) advised the paramedics who first attended her that she is from the UK, they KNEW she has NO HEALTH INSURANCE! That is why she was taken to a hospital in Harlem ... they knew she couldn't PAY! So naturally the daughters would be turned over to CPS, and before they can be placed anywhere, it's the Law: They have to be given a complete physical and strip-searched for contraband.

I don't agree with this; I think it's absurd. But this is the world we have ALLOWED our lives to evolve into, by electing the wrong officials and legislators.

Unless WE take back control of this country before it's 'way too late, we will ALL we subjected to searches ... when we drive down the street (Do you have a drivers' license and insurance?), when we go to the store (Are you SURE you want to buy those donuts? You look a little over-weight; perhaps you should exchange them for celery...), when we go to see a movie (That is a RADICAL film. May I see your identification, please?).

This is the direction in which we are ALL headed whether most of you want to believe it or not.

This is what living in and being controlled by FEAR and allowing Homeland Security to intrude into our daily lives has created. These things won't make us SAFER. They erode our abilities to THINK independently, make spontaneous decisions, and worst of all, they take away our Civil Rights and the rights of those who come to visit our country.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

it's the Law: They have to be given a complete physical and strip-searched for contraband. I don't agree with this; I think it's absurd. But this is the world we have ALLOWED our lives to evolve into, by electing the wrong officials and legislators.

You're saying the voters are responsible for this outrage? Then you're just passing the buck. I believe there is rather a higher moral obligation by the minions to not enforce a law that is injurious to the dignity and safety of the individual. Hitler and Stalin could never have succeeded without a million and one little Hitler's and Stalin's who willfully did their dirty work

[edit on 27-1-2008 by starviego]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CynCritter

Thats bollocks - how do you know she didn`t have insurance? first thing 99% of travelers take with them is travel insurance to cover events like this - for 2 weeks it really is very cheap. Next its a foreign national - so she has the right for her embassy to be informed - did she express that right then to be ignored?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Obviously you havent travelled nearly as much as I have between airports internationally. Strip searches are not some imagined public humuliation ritual leading upto to molestation. Strip searches are carried out in private with only one other officer of the same sex. Most of the time they only require people to strip down to their underwear and no further, sometimes even more. Now, if they were exposed to a cavity search, that would have been a bit over the top.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Strip searches, conducted against children who have not been accused of any crime, are a fascist abomination, and a testament to the pathology of those who crave power over others.

I can assure you that if I had kids, any authoritarian freak who tried to strip search them could probably expect a few new holes in their skull shortly thereafter, or at the very least a few years in physical therapy trying to relearn how to brush their teeth.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
my only wonder is if they do this to visitors, what do they do to their own?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
There have been many lawsuits that have paid millions of dollars every year in the USA to victims of strip searches. Some jails demand that everone that enters the place be strip searched, and some use jail personnel to actually stick gloved fingers up peoples rectums and women are at times literally probed gynocologically by jail matrons with ZERO medical training, supossedly so they will not smuggle drugs into the jail.

That is the whole reason for strip searches and invasive probing, because some inmate might get a buzz while waiting for trial. Also, it is HIGHLY ILLEGAL for any jail employee to invade the body cavity of a human being unless there is a COURT ORDER for same. If the cops have probable cause to believe that someone has contraband in a body cavity, they must either isolate the person and wait for nature to expel the goods, or get a warrant or court order to have a MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL examine the cavities under clinical conditions.

But this is ignored by redneck guards and sadistic pigs all the time: Not long ago another suit was settled because some cops strip searched women in PUBLIC. Back in the Philadelphia rioting days a few decades ago, the cops would routinely take dozens of black men and women from their homes and strip search them all at once, together, on the STREET, just to see if they had guns or drugs. Photos of this disgrace are online.

In the case of small children, here is the deal: If a child has no relatives or anyone that can take charge of the child then they have to go to a public facility, right? Of course. Of COURSE an effort should have ben made to find the childs family in the UK and make arrangements to get the child back to them. But until then, the kid has to go somewhere.

The facilities that take kids see all kinds of horrod stuff: Rape and trauma of kids, abused kids, etc. In order to assess the childs needs, an examination is not unreasonable. They have to see if the child needs medical attention, has any alleggies unknown, and as a part of ANY examination of a child, they will look for signs of sexual trauma as well.

If they do not do this, and evidence is later discovered that the child has suffered some abuse, then the facility would not know maybe if it happened before the admission or after, thus exposing them to liability and delaying treatment for the child if in fact such abuse was documented. There have to be standards for care, and they must be applied across the board to protect kids.

In THIS case, sure, mistakes were made and it could and should have been handles with more care and better communication. But it illustrates the extent that the authorities will go to to insure that they cover their butts. The horrors that exist in youth homes and orphanages all over this nation dwarf by far the few embarrassments and inconveniences that come with temporary placement of a child who simply needs to be repatriated with family.

Just think of all the kids and teens that get the same, and worse, treatment from the schools and troubled ytouth camps and boot camps and such. Many are lucky to get out alive, and some do not. The little girl that is the subject of this story at least was not permenently damaged or subjected to the sick minds of the system here that handle the kids for state agencies with little oversight and lack of funds.

The USA is a fascist, cop loving, jack boot licking nation of followers who do not care about the least among them, only the greatest and richest; no wonder that small kids are humiliated and scared to death by the government lackeys: it is the American way today. They want to have total control and be able to humiliate and abuse us however they wish, with no legal recourse. Ain't this drug war a great thing?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
What I have not seen mentioned anywhere is the role, if any, of the UK Consulate / Embassy staff in this event.
Surely, knowing that these girls were not US citizens, some attempt should have been made to contact the UK authorities to assist the girls? If not then serious questions should be being asked at a ministerial level in the UK, an official protest lodged and investigation of everyone involved carried out.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I live in America and I agree its turning into hell faster than we want to believe. This event is just one of the many ways the American government is crumbling into a bunch of paranoid lunatics bent on controlling everyones lives. Its makes me think "Are the people in power really human anymore". Are we electing aliens to office now? Sound like a couple of "grays" were in that search and seizure. Watch out for the anal probe!!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I've reasd through this several times and I must say that as a Uk citizen, I am very appalled at what has happened.

The US officals had no right to do that to them. They should have followed established procedure which is as follows:

1. Make certain that they are from the UK on a visit.

2. Contact the nearest consulate or embassy and inform them of the situlation.

3. UK offical arrives and with the parents permission, take the girls and bring them to the consulate/embassy.

The fact that they where subjected to this torture - and thats what it was- makes me sick to the bottom of my stomach. If I had my say, I'd launch an investigation into this and place the members of staff on suspension.

Furthermore I would drop the case against the mother and apollogise to her.

This is totally unacceptable from a country that is supposeadly are friends and allies.

This is another example of America doing whatever it wants.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
The ones who committed this CRIME should serve a good long time in a prison cell.

Don't forget...placed onto the "sexual predators" list that can be viewed by anyone with internet access.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
Who goes vacationing in Harlem?

How racist can you be? Who goes vacationing in Harlem? How about people who have relatives in Harlem? Have you ever been to Harlem? It's not as bad as people make it out to be and it's actually a pretty place (now that they've started to re-build there). Jeesh. This is a low...even for you section8.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
The ones who committed this CRIME should serve a good long time in a prison cell.

They should be shot.

Sad thing is, this doesn't surprise me, it sickens me, but we hear about this kind of thing going on all the time nowadays. It's too easy for authority figures to get away with it.

Someone needs to come down on these sickos hard.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Who goes vacationing in Harlem?

How racist can you be? Who goes vacationing in Harlem? How about people who have relatives in Harlem? Have you ever been to Harlem? It's not as bad as people make it out to be and it's actually a pretty place (now that they've started to re-build there). Jeesh. This is a low...even for you section8.

Doesn't really have to do with race. Crime in Harlem has been statistically 6x greater then in all other districts of New York City, combined.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

See, all that energy hating America and the real story is these girls were not abused. Don't you all feel foolish now?

Not as much as you should feel for jumping to conclusions yourself about Harlem, the mother, prostitution etc.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
Do you people know how many people across the world are strip searched every single day at airports? Even state dignitaries sometimes are strip searched accidentally ! Strip searches are the best means of thorough examination and scrutiny of an individual, this neither an abuse nor some kind of molestation. In fact refusal to undergo a strip search leads to arrest in many cases. People should be happy that these girls were not 'probed' .

Yes, we should be glad that they didn't probe the girls because their mom was taken ill.

I don't understand people sometimes.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strapping Young Lad
Sigh...Ill start with the Washington Post. The reason I had so much respect for the BBC is that I was always under the impression that they did more research and were a bit better at getting the facts right.

Might want to look into The Washington Post before touting their horn.

washingtonpostunfair.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Strip searches, conducted against children who have not been accused of any crime, are a fascist abomination, and a testament to the pathology of those who crave power over others.

AMEN.

I find it really sad and indicative of the times we live in, that people are still defending this nonsense.

"The article was biased."

"Strip searches are no big deal."

Give me a break ... This is classic 'not me' syndrome. Anything done to anyone is fine as long as it's not me. Same logic that is used time and again to progress fascist governments and employ a subserviant, helpless populace. I refuse to accept that nonsense.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Don't forget...placed onto the "sexual predators" list that can be viewed by anyone with internet access.

If you skim back to the video I posted earlier you'll see that a large portion of CPS workers have already been arrested for child molestation etc. It is out...of...control.

People are inherently in denial over stuff like this. The truth is, there are organizations within the government where you CAN'T 'make it' without being a bad guy. You either quit out of disgust of the activity going on, or you are fired for not being 'one of us.' Those who enjoy abusing children, molesting them, and operating within the system are 10x more likely to seek government positions which put them around children.

Scary stuff. Denial of the facts is like so much gusting wind... you might blow a few leaves around but the ground is still littered with evidence.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join