It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger over girls' strip searches

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

OH I completely agree with you, the entire system should be dissolved. It is nothing but a bunch of intrusive, perverted pigs who not only destroy prefectly good families, harass and ruin the lives of children, but as you say, have been caught before CAUSING the issues..

And when there is a case where they are actually needed, it would appear they almost are never on the ball with it.

Bureaucracy and the Family unit should NEVER have been intertwined.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
The Hostpital said the kids could not stay in with their mother in the facility because they where minors (which makes no freaking sense what so ever) .. So the Hostpital administrators said they would give the girls a place to stay.

Exactly, it does not make sense at all. NOT ONE BIT AT ALL. Those girls DID have right to stay with their mother in the hospital.

She said: "I was so cross. I didn't sign anything saying they could be examined or interrogated - they even asked them if they had been raped.

Exactly. WTF?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

My point is Harlem is known for its violence and drugs and the bad reputation of its own, especially black on black violence and such.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
OUTRAGEOUS! I will never visit that #hole country, they can maybe get away as being the most warmongering nation in the history of the world, but when they start to sexually abuse innocent tourists it's too much for me.

IMAGINE that your child that you are protecting, are interogated have they been "RAPED" or "MOLESTED", this will damage the children. Also pedofiles seek jobs in just these kinds of professions, where they can have their "fun". The gender don't matter, there can be lesbian pedofiles that seek girls.

CRAZY!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
WTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFF??????????

But Ms Bray was told her daughters could not stay with her at the hospital as they were minors.

I DON'T GET IT??????????????????????????????? WHY THE HELL COULD NOT THE DAUGHTERS STAY WITH MOTHER AT THE HOSPITAL? BECAUSE THEY WERE "MINORS"????????????

COULD SOMEBODY PLZ TELL ME?

[edit on 24-1-2008 by TheoOne]

Here is another source / article about it I found -

Link here

Another here

[edit on 24-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well, this story will teach us "If you visit United States with your children, don't get ill or your children will be abused". Imaging waking up from coma and finding out that your children are locked away, interogated, abused and what else?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Now first off, I want this to be perfectly understood, I do find this wrong and I hope this is remedied quickly, and the appropriate people get punished duly.

Firstly, no where in the article does it say the gender or sexuality of the strangers who watched the girls shower. Now this doesn't mean it was a good thing, but if it was women looking at them, it would fit into the whole idea of examining them for signs of abuse.

Secondly, I noticed Child Services refused comment, that's weird, and I really want to know what's the other side of the story here.

Now this is no where to the same degree as the kids here, but anytime I went to a hospital as a kid I was drilled as to whether or not I was being abused or did drugs or any other sort of nonsense. That sort of thing is pretty common, and makes me wonder if the girls may have said something that for somebody, made it seem like there was a situation. I'm not saying the girls intentionally caused it, or that it in any way lessens the stupidity shown here.
I'm looking forward to the investigation here to clear up the details.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
I DON'T GET IT???

I agree. The story just doesn't make sense to me.

Like I said in an earlier post, what is more likely was that the Mom was on drugs, had HIV, beat her kids, was highly abusive, was acting psychotic, etc.

For example, the story changes dramatically when you consider that the girls were being pimped by their Mom to an undercover agent, and she subsequently faked pneumonia to escape arrest. (Is that at all possible? Please think about that.)

#

If we are going to slander the city of New York, we might as well slander the Mom as well. I (and others) know NYC, and I'm telling you this senario just isn't likely. Do we really know the Mom?

What I am saying here is that things aren't always what they seem. Let's not jump to conclusions or outrage so quickly. Please go back and review my earlier post, including this link.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
*If you're already thoroughly sickened by the OP's story and have had enough I encourage you to skip this post. *

I don't mean to derail the thread, but I'd like to toss this resource out. Plenty of people dislike Prisonplanet, which is fine. But I suggest looking at the avalanche of cases where people in power have been caught dealing in pedophilia.

Link

Prisonplanet is unable to keep up with the volume of cases that arise all the time.

It's not just that these girls were illegally stripped by officials, it's that these kind of things and MUCH worse go on alllll the time. Just imagine if the mother had died? Do you know where the girls would go? They would go straight to the very services and homes that are caught raping and prostituting the children.

So often it is LAWYERS, JUDGES and POLICEMAN that are caught in these cases, not to mention the DynaCorp case directly related to Halliburton etc. In 1994 a documentary called 'The Conspiracy of Silence' linked child sex rings that went all the way to George Bush (sr)'s office. This documentary was shown once, pulled from the air, and never shown again.

Again, I don't mean to derail the thread, I just want to emphasize that sexual perversion aimed at minors is RAMPANT and it leads all the way to the highest levels, and this stuff is STILL going on. Stories like the OP provided are just an extremely mild-mannered tip of the iceberg.

If you have a strong stomach and want to know how bad it really gets, I suggest This Thread .

Again, sorry to throw the topic off, but I am very passionate about stuff like this. If they had been my daughters I would have broken somebodies jaw. But I know of stories that would lead me to commit murder on the perpetrators, and I think other people should know too. Thanks, already starred and flagged thread.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
My point is Harlem is known for its violence and drugs and the bad reputation of its own, especially black on black violence and such.

People like you sicken me.

Harlem, is actually having an economic boom over the last 2-3 years. Furthermore, it is several different areas.

East Harlem for instance, is a heavily Italian/Hispanic area where 1/3 people are of Latin decent.

In the 32nd Precinct, for example, in Central Harlem, between 1993 and 2004, the murder rate dropped 68%, the rape rate dropped 70%, the robbery rate dropped 60%, burglary dropped 81%, and the total number of crime complaints dropped 62%.

Source: www.nyc.gov...

Do you bother to ever do any research before you post your tripe? The hospital for instance, is in Harlem but services parts of Manhattan - a very rich area of New York City. With a Per capita income of twice that of the average in New York.

Do some reasearch then post.

All I did was type Harlem in wikipedia to find that out and it took less then 5 minutes to read it and write this post.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Remember lets not be sexist here, I'm sure there are a lot of pedophile women out there getting away with stuff, just because their women don't lower your guards with your kids.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
THESE are the people the US government allows to be in charge of CHILDREN?!

What kind of sick twisted country is this? If the people in charge of saving children are this screwed up, just how screwed up are American parents to allow these people to have these positions in the first place?

I know one thing, I would never trust an American to be near children under my protection!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Harlem, is actually having an economic boom over the last 2-3 years. Furthermore, it is several different areas.

This is a fact.

You can walk around Harlem at 2:00 AM and not be bothered at all, except by friendly police officers. I think people's perceptions of Harlem refect what was going on in 1960 instead of today. Ex President Bill Clinton has his offices there. There are a lot of nice restaurants and stores and hotels.

If you don't like diversity, you don't belong in NYC, and that's your loss.

Some of these posts might be applicable to Miami, or parts of Houston, but New York City? No. It is pure distortion.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
I know one thing, I would never trust an American to be near children under my protection!

It's understandable why you would have this view. But please try to remember that many Americans are just as appalled as you are.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by loam]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I don't see them trying to do anything about it.

Pacifism is just as bad as the crime you are ignoring.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buck Division

New York City is among the most liberal place in the USA.

True, and here we have proof that "liberal" is not synonymous with "enlightened"

Liberalism has it's dark side, where the "nanny state" is able to operate without fear of oversight or public accountability.

I think you'll find that the extraordinary powers given to CPS, DYFS, and similar organizations has generally been granted to them by politicians that consider themselves "progressive."

As much as I am usually a critic of the "Right" on these forums, the "Left" has it's extremist authoritarian tendencies as well.

Addendum:
Regarding Harlem, I think people are going from very obsolete information.
Much of Harlem is a rather expensive neighborhood now, and a major tourist trap as well

[edit on 1/24/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Like any story it is impossible to get to the whole truth from only hearing one side. But from that one side, we see the woman says she went to NY but ended up near Harlem. They would have taken her to the nearest hospital to her hotel whe was staying. Now who in their right mind would vacation in Harlem with two young daughters?
I fear far worse would have happened to them in any other major city elsewhere in the world. The story she tells has the hospital get the girls to the authorities because they cannot be liable for unattended minors. The authorities always question for abuse. They were made to clean and wear a standard outfit, again standard procedure. Only in the way it was told were sinister insinuations cast. I heard no accusation that the girls were abused or harmed in any way in that story so far.
Typically, immediately it draws out the haters of America with their vile montras

intent on deliberately scaring the heck out of the rest of the world as well as turning their own country into a police state

this latest atrocity

A terrorist government

our Fascist system enforcers

in this sick, twisted, power-addled country

example of the Orwellian future planned for us all

that #hole country, they can maybe get away as being the most warmongering nation in the history of the world

I would never trust an American

And every hate America thread has to have the standard link to,

DynaCorp ..........Halliburton etc. to George Bush (sr)'s office.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
I don't see them trying to do anything about it.

Pacifism is just as bad as the crime you are ignoring.

So now an entire populous is your enemy?

I'm your enemy?

From where I sit, there is little difference between the moronic thinking that went into the outrageous treatment of this poor family featured by the OP and the prejudicial trash talk you and others have memorialized in this thread.

And the cycle continues....

[edit on 24-1-2008 by loam]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
*If you're already thoroughly sickened by the OP's story and have had enough I encourage you to skip this post. *

A great post, NewWorldOrder, with plenty of relevant links. I further think it is a topic worth exploring, because it definitely shows a disease that permeates society. It is something that we need to know about, and fight against.

#

I think it is a bit prejudicial in this case. For all we know, the Mom here was the abuser, and the city of New York intervened on behalf of the children. That seems more probable to me.

You all think (based upon my previous posts) that I am some sort of apologist for New York City. Actually, I couldn't care less about the city, would never choose to live there. (Too expensive and congested!)

But I think there is a lot of ignorance here to deny, and I am just doing by ATS thing.
I've visited NYC many times, and it is really more of a liberal haven than a center of corruption.

EDIT: Let me spell this out: THE STORY IN THE OP IS PROBABLY A LIE. You have no proof that it is true, and I have plenty of understanding of how it is probably false. Every post you make here, predicated on the truth of this story, is a fallacy. I'm pretty sure I'm correct here.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
While I find this account disturbing and unsettling I would like to hear the other side before condemning an entire city and its child welfare services.

I understand that no one is talking now but I cant go off on a rant without having all the facts and not just one side.

If it turns out that this story is as it was told, then there should not only be lititgation but a complete revamping of the system followed by alot of people losing their jobs topped off with an apology from the Governor and Congression reps to not only the mom and her daughters but to the UK as well.

Also quite possible that criminal charges would be in order as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join