It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Place to Find a Masonic Obelisk

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
How about that one in Central Park, what's all over it? So if we were to go on a 'Obelisk Kicking Over' tour around the world, can you honestly say that once we get the majority of them kicked over, we aren't going to find buried beneath alot of them a Compass, or a Level, or plumb-line one?

Since when did Freemasons build every obelisk in existence? Since when did Freemasons begin to bury plumbs,compasses,or levels underneath construction sites?The only thing "hidden" in freemasonry are the methods of recognition,which a quick search online would most likely reveal(sadly).Freemasons are generally open about anything and everything about the Fraternity except the methods of recognition that they have taken oaths to not reveal.Also I find myself and my brethren that post on this board both respectful and open when addressed in a non hostile manner.

What about Obelisks makes you associate them with Freemasonry?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   

It's not just this thread I'm refering to, it's a long story with alot of threads and posts that you may not be aware of, but suffice it to say I am in a long term opposition to Freemasonry and Zionism.

Here comes the white supremecy crowd again....Here we go with the masons are Jews in disguise,and controlled by the Zionists who also control all forms of media, etc.

Let me ask you a serious question...if you are of the viewpoint that the Jews control the entire world, why does Isreal have turmoil?You would think that the controllers of the world wouldn't have bombings in their land, or let me guess, those are all false flags, right?

Why do these boards seem to be picking up more and more antisemitic people as of late?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by HooHaa

I got the hidden in plain site theory from reading the layout of Washington DC. One of the articles claimed that inorder for a symbol to have its desired effect or power it was to be hidden. If it ws hidden in plain site of everyone but went unnoticed it had even more power. Thats why the street laqyout was done the way it. Everyone sawit on a daily basis but it went unnoticed except to the trained eye. Now if this is true or not I have no idea. I was just referring to wat I have read. Again I make no claims to know anything concerning masons and or there symbols.

How does a symbol hold any type of "power"?What religio/thought based system does this even come from?So you are arguing that symbols gain energy or some type of electromagnetic charge by people walking by it, and that it would gain even more energy or electromagnetic charge if people walked by it unknowingly?The only power a symbol could hold in my estimation is what it invokes in the mind of an individual viewer.For example, a stop sign is a symbol, a yield sign is a symbol, we have ascribed meaning for a red octagon in our culture, and even people who are not or are barely literate can understand the red octagon means stop.That doesn't mean the stop sign holds any type of inherent power, it just means people have agreed upon its meaning.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Rather than an obelisk, I think a more correct term would be stele. Used to mark a significant occasion, they have been used by cultures the world over. Whereas an obelisk is of a particular dimension and usually cut from a single piece of rock, the stele can be made of nearly any material and be a variety of shapes (usually taller than it is wide).

The stele does have occultic connections, particularly to the Ordo Templi Orientis.

In keeping with the Downardian aspect of this thread, it is interesting to note that as far as the destruction of prima materia goes; the setting off of the "the gadget" was probably more successful than any alchemist ever was. The alchemical symbolism of prima materia is also of significance in the case of the Trinity test. The torment of the alchemist as well as the torment of the prima materia is symbolised by the handlessness of the mother or father. Oppenheimers mother was born without a right hand. This torment is also depicted in alchemy as the splitting of the egg!

Oppenheimer chose Trinity as the code name for the initial test at Alamogordo as an homage to John Donne. A man with no shortage of connections to alchemy.

It derives from Donnes Number XIV of the Holy Sonnnets:
Batter My Heart

Batter my heart, three-personed God, for you
As yet but knock, breathe, shine, and seek to mend;
That I may rise, and stand, o'erthrow me, and bend
Your force to break, blow, burn, and make me new.
I, like an usurped town, to another due,
Labour to admit you, but Oh, to no end.
Reason, your viceroy in me, me should defend,
But is captived, and proves weak or untrue.
Yet dearly I love you, and would be loved fain,
But am betrothed unto your enemy:
Divorce me, untie or break that knot again,
Take me to you, imprison me, for I,
Except you enthrall me, never shall be free,
Nor ever chaste, except you ravish me.
Link

[edit on 22/1/2008 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

To reply to another questions as to why I thought it parcular that they chose a monolith at that site. Why did they? Why not just a plaq or a billboard or countless other items they use at historical sites? Why the monolith? It does make one wonder and yes your right I dobnt have any proof and Im just speculating but your reply in no way answers my question.

Why not a monolith/obeisk/cairn? I do not see any particular symbology in the type of construct employed for the comemeration. I regards your question remaining unanswered, my apologies, please feel free to indicate what point you wish me to elucidate further and I will be happy to accomodate you.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

There are as many uneducated people working for the government as there are posting here and in the rest of society as a whole. They may call it whatever they like. It is still a cairn

An obelisk (Greek ὀβελίσκος [obeliskos], diminutive of ὀβελός [obelos], "needle") is a tall, narrow, four-sided, tapering monument which ends in a pyramidal top. Ancient obelisks were made of a single piece of stone (a monolith).

A cairn is an artificial pile of stones, often in a conical form.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

What does the actual significance of what we call the object have to do with its supposed Masonic origins? I have no problem calling it an obelisk or a cairn, I would like you however to address my question on why you think it is somehow Masonic.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I can't imagine a more terrifying and ugly thing to slap your trademark on.

Err... what trademark?

Your pal,
Meat.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonica_esoterica
white supremecy... Jews in disguise...control all forms of media...Jews control the entire world...Isreal...controllers of the world...antisemitic...

Yeah right, nice try though. Post some holocaust pictures while your at it, then maybe this thread will go away. I can't imagine any other reaaon you'd post that kind of crap when it's completely unrelated, but if you want to go slinging generalizations, I've noticed a alot of Semitophiles on this site as well.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
First and foremost i want to assert i have no opinion on the Masons as either being conspirators of some sort OR as a misunderstood group whose intention is to help their fellow man.

I accept i am in no position to make claims without EVIDENCE. And in my opinion both the naysayers and supporters on this thread have made assertions without REAL evidence.

As far as i am concerned, being a Mason and asserting "i have never seen any evidence of a conspiracy" is not hard evidence of their being no conspiracy. Similarly, getting on here and saying "this obelisk is based on Masonry (or words to that effect)" is not evidence either.

In keeping with the idea of trying to provide some research, i refer to the following:

A Masonic author both admit that pillars of the obelisk were used to represent sex [Hayward,Symbolic Masonry: An Interpretation of the Three Degrees, Washington, D.C., Masonic Service Association of the United States, 1923, p. 206-7 and Rollin C. Blackmer, The Lodge and the Craft: A Practical Explanation of the Work of Freemasonry, St. Louis, The Standard Masonic Publishing Co., 1923, p. 94]

These sources quote the use of the obelisk in Masonry.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

white supremecy... Jews in disguise...control all forms of media...Jews control the entire world...Isreal...controllers of the world...antisemitic...

Yeah right, nice try though. Post some holocaust pictures while your at it, then maybe this thread will go away. I can't imagine any other reaaon you'd post that kind of crap when it's completely unrelated, but if you want to go slinging generalizations, I've noticed a alot of Semitophiles on this site as well.

Yeah well, what a surprise, an anti choping up what I said and only quoting certain parts of a quotation.Get tired of chopping parts out of Morals and Dogma?So how would you describe your "dislike for zionism and freemasonry",let me guess now is the part where you launch into the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion rant about evil Talmudic Jews....

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

let me guess now is the part where you launch into the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion rant about evil Talmudic Jews....

No this is the part where I realize where you are trying to take this thread, and subsequently ignore your irrelevant semitophillic rantings.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

It's not just this thread I'm refering to, it's a long story with alot of threads and posts that you may not be aware of, but suffice it to say I am in a long term opposition to Freemasonry and Zionism.

it is not where I am trying to take a thread, it is where you already have taken it.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Post removed by NGC2736-off topic one liner.
(Tsk.* Tsk.* By a poster that knows better.)

[edit on 29-1-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

it is not where I am trying to take a thread, it is where you already have taken it.

That's a cheap tactic and you know it. You're obviously one of those people who provokes others into arguing on your own terms,
does not listen to reason, feeds off the other person's emotions,
and in the end says, haha, I showed you. Common, that's really immature. Emotional vampire is what you are, I know your kind.
I feel bad for your children, you must argue with them alot.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Radekus]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by masonica_esoterica

Maonica_Esoterica you are way out of line.

You acuse Twitchy of being anti-semite without any provocation whatsoever. It is obvious you are attempting to derail the thread.

Twitchy does tackle some delicate subjects, (ie Kosher tax) but now you are grouping him with anti-semites and anti-masons quoting M&D out of context.

Ask yourself, what have you contributed to this thread so far?

[edit on 22/1/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Radekus

We have proved numerous times it is neither a obelisk nor masonic...yet he would rather ignore truth and reason and embrace his paranoid ignorance.

You show a lack of maturity I see of lot of around here...if someone doesn't agree with your fantasy and actually has the nerve to give you an intelligent argument you get mad and start whining.

Get your fact straight and do some research instead of believing everything you read and maybe we will start taking you seriously.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR
Get your fact straight and do some research instead of believing everything you read and maybe we will start taking you seriously.

Um, isn't that a bit of an oxymoron? "do some research instead of believing everything you read." Doesn't research involve reading?

That being said, let's have some civility in this thread please.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Three Masons Reply immediately, all of them angrily. Good.

This is the secret societies forum, isn't it?

Brother, I have had my fill of fighting with the Masons. Take my words for it, it's a tiresome road to travel and the Masonic Syndicate on this forum DOES not tire of refuting/arguing every masonic topic that pops up.

Yes, this IS the secret society forum. You'll find it interesting that the Masons claim there is no such thing as a secret society within their organization, yet they pretty much man-handle and over-take every thread which mentions Masonry and Secret society in the same sentence. It's entirely transparent to me and many other members, but you wouldn't know it seeing the volume and tenacity of the Masonic anti-conspiracy posts.

In any case, it's best not to go out intentionally trying to anger them. Not only will it bring you heat, but like I said, the Masons simply do not tire and will drag your thread into the dirt.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I thought freemasons trace there lineage back to Solomons temple? If that is true, then that puts them back to the time of the pyramids. Atleast some of them. Also doesnt freemasonry place alot of value on symbols and symboism? The more hidden in plain site the more power the symbol has? So they wouldnt admit or confess to placing an obilisk or any other symbol or it would reduce its power. I dont pretend to know any mason secrets nor do I claim to be a conspiracy master. But I do find it coincidental that they chose that particular monument for that site.
Actually they say Tubal Cain, mentioned in the Bible as being an artisan in brass and iron before the flood, was the first mason. Also Nimrod was a great mason. It was just not called masonery until a lot later

In any case in the master lodge in washington there was a plaque that showed a man dressed in Sumarian garb then a cascade of more recent masons.
In their rituals they replay the story of the juwes. Three people that accosted and then murdered Hiram Abif, Solomons architect. There is a lot more to it but suffice it to say they have a strong links to ancient mystery religions that have spanned the ages of the earth.

I could go into great detail as to why the obelisk is a revered symbol, and yes it all boils down to what it looks like. Isis could not find that specific part of her man Osiris and had to cr4aft one from gold. It is where the golden seed idea of a race of pure god like humans come from. Such

Lots and lots of history there.

The biggest problem is that most of the Masonic appologists do not actually know the secrets of their organisation. However they have the right as a Brother to use the libraries at their disposal to find out.

So if anyone here is one and is not defending their position from a place of inside high level knowlege you may be deluding yourself. A 3d degree master mason will not know what a 29th degree scottish mason does nor what a 9th degree york mason will nor a 90th degree memphis mason... I purposely stop at those numbers.

The point being if you are one and that is only a blue lodge then you do not know how far the rabbit hole goes. If you are one and are higher on the totem pole then you already know and you may just be muddying the waters.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by shotinthehead]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join