It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do people who aren’t Christian deserve be tortured in hell?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I don't get to make the rules for the universe, sorry. As much as there's that temptation, more than likely I'd manage to botch it up if I did have the authority to do so.

Hang on, so you accept that god has the ability to create hell by its own choice.....hell is a 'rule' we have to obey in which has been purposely created.... so...let me get this straight, even though god has all the power in the universe to do what ever it wants to, to make all the rules, god still goes on to make hell anyway......Why would an all loving god create such a place...... hell is a place you'd expect people to have made - you honestly believe in all powerful all knowing all loving god created such a place as hell?

There are many things I don't like that I have to accept every day. Work, failure, death of a loved one, people getting sick, disasters, relationship pain, etc. As much as I'd like to close my eyes and shout "these things don't exist!", as soon as I open my eyes again I can see that they do.

Yep.....only when you open and close your eyes hell is not present....... you have to deal with stuff you don't like everyday because it's apart of life, it's there everyday - simple things you can't avoid.....but hell is a place even if it existed is not physically present in our lives.....duh........ It’s just as simple as to stop believing in hell and it will simply not exist.

Wishing away reality isn't the best way to be progressive.

Seriously how can you think hell is real - it can't be proven to exist through ANY means: scientifically, spiritually or any other.......the only basis you have is a few lines of text in which refer to a lake of fire.......and in such a case, hell could literally be inside a volcano.......we die and are sent to a volcano......lol..... But that's the reality the bible is giving off........

Rather, the progressive person is willing to accept the facts and do the best they can to create positive outcomes wherever possible.

Exactly and you're simply not doing that, not one bit.....the facts are: hell and heaven are not real......they do not exist.....and so by you own wording - you're going against your own logic......

[edit on 1-3-2008 by andre18]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

It would seem to me those that would call themselves "christians", somewhere upto about 75%, deserve to rot in hell much more then those those who "aren't Christian".

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

It would seem to me those that would call themselves "christians", somewhere upto about 75%, deserve to rot in hell much more then those those who "aren't Christian".

That's a very magnanimous statement incarnated...

[edit on 2-3-2008 by defcon365]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I agree: but unfortunately - the King James translation of the bible states that man has 'Dominance' over all living creatures - or some such trash. Yes, you are quite right - the correct translation is actually 'Stewardship'. The King James ver. has long ago been proven to be a poor mistranslation.

How ironic that the modern Judeo-Christianised West is now happily destroying '|God's Work' and everything in it!

J.

J.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Whats the difference from the King James version and the other bible?

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
My fellow Christians whom have joined this forum.
DO NOT CAST YOUR PEARLS BEFORE SWINE!

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ts117
I dont really understand why a self professed atheist would start a thread about religious ideology. Why ask questions when you dont want to believe the answers?

I do it to expose the utter absurdity of religion and its vile underbelly and I do so with an aim of destroying religion's false credibility in the minds of my readers. Why? Because religion is a fraud.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
I agree: but unfortunately - the King James translation of the bible states that man has 'Dominance' over all living creatures

I believe the word is dominion and would like to illustrate something...

Originally posted by jimbo999
How ironic that the modern Judeo-Christianised West is now happily destroying '|God's Work' and everything in it!

Let me ask, because you own your home, do you trash it? If you don't own a home, how about a pet? Do you mistreat it? How about a plant. Do you refuse to water it and give it no sun when it needs it? You have dominion over these things.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'm sick of all the 'Christian' threads already. They're boring and lead nowhere except 'I'm right 'cos God told me I am.' Not exactly lively discussion.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Squiddypuff
My fellow Christians whom have joined this forum.
DO NOT CAST YOUR PEARLS BEFORE SWINE!

If you believe your words are pearls, what does that tell us about you? If you believe that others are swine, are you not making a judgement without knowing their heart?

I knew of a swine who loved to roll in its own filth, feared light, and admired itself. One day a hand came down and lifted the swine out of the mud. The owner of that hand did not see a dirty hog, rather bathed it, treated its ills, and held that swine close. As the ex-swine who is speaking now, I can say how greatful I am for the Pearl who brought me out of the mire.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

life, given as a gift, to be enjoyed
, has as well, at least until "the final battle" is finished once and for all time, it's turmoil.

Jesus "God in The Flesh" "Himself" experienced the trials of this earth, in life. And yes, death He experienced too. Imagine that, Jesus lying there, as dead and lifeless as anyone else who has ever experienced the humiliation of death, by any of it's means or ways.

More than any other subject, He warned, begged, pleaded, and was slaughtered, that "You" would avoid hell at all cost. Even explaining it would be better to lose all arms and leggs, even eyes, than to spend forever in hell.

Why? Because He has full scope of reality. The present, the past, what is, why it is, has seen it all, knows it all, and has done the very best that any friend, by true meaning of a "helper", leading/pointing/making so clear a better way, inviting "you", welcoming "you", to chose "yes".

God pleads all ("You") to chose life. While you can. And do so even "this very day", regardless of where you may be. It's made simple.
"Repent and be Baptised (fully imersed under water), for the remission of sin". In the name of the Father the Son and the Holy Ghost. Endure till the end.
and you shall never face the vainity, the place called hell.

As for those who have truely never heard?? I'm not sure at this time.

However, the stakes are beyond what most realize. Just walking along, oblivious, the steel trap at full force strikes their ankle, suddenly the shock/regrett of reality hits home, that they had chosen the dangerous path, and finally caught. No matter what one has been led to believe, you do not have to walk this road.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Imagine that, Jesus lying there, as dead and lifeless as anyone

But Jesus is god (holy trinity) how can god die?

[edit on 10-3-2008 by andre18]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Squiddypuff

i'd like to comment on this, as it seems like christianity has a built in bubble made to prevent people from entering situations in which their beliefs are challenged

here's my comment: grow up and discuss things like an adult instead of hiding behind such quotes. that quote is clearly not intended to refer to open-minded folk that you find on the other side of the fence. ironically enough, it seems to be pointed towards those who would pull it out as an excuse to not discuss with those that have different beliefs.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
But Jesus is god (holy trinity) how can god die?

Christ took on the flesh. That means he revoked being 'unkillable' for his term here. He did this to demonstrate how immortality works. This body dies, then we receive a new one for our soul. Mankind did a lot of head-scratching, saying "I don't get it" (even while Jesus was here explaining it) until God said, "I'll show you".

[edit on 14-3-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

I think you're missing the point. Christians don't view themselves as better or more deserving of salvation than unbelievers, or that unbelievers should go to hell. What Christians believe is that because man is sinful and God is a holy God, all mankind is deserving of hell, and the only difference is God's loving grace. Does this mean that we wish that result on others? No. The whole point of salvation is that no one needs to go to hell, as they have a choice that they can make. The central point of the Christian faith is that Jesus died on the cross for the sins of all men, and any that accept him as their savior and lord will be spared that fate, and will spend eternity in the presence of God.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Any "christian" who would subscribe to this theory that "non-believers burn in hell" are unworthy to be called christian.

Wake up you braindead evangelists, wake up. Christ himself was god on earth- how about you follow him directly instead of the King James version of him.

Forget your man made scriptures... find Christ yourself and the truth shall set you free.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark_Ace

He's right it was a place to put the city's waste..remember no plumbling back then and the dead where tossed outside the city limits into "Hellvua" or something like that and guess what punishment you got for being bad??????

You guessed it...goin to hell, the pit, floatin with the turd monster....

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
So we all have a choice between heaven and hell right?

As humans we were made to make logical decisions. Don't put your finger in the fire because it hurts, or don't jump into the road because you might get hit. Obviously Hell is a horrible place and Heaven is the best place to be. As a logical human what would you choose. Heaven or Hell?

So why does the majority of humanity choose not to believe in Jesus and burn in hell for all eternity? Because we all know that it doesn't exist. If we chose hell we would completely be going against human nature and common sense. But the fact that the majority of humans choose not to believe in Jesus and choose hell, should show us that heaven and hell do not exist.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark_Ace

Its the most Popular and supposedly the most accurate version translated from From Hebrew allthough i believe amoung many other that the message behind it will get through no matter how badly it is translated ....if you read it that is

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
So we all have a choice between heaven and hell right?

As humans we were made to make logical decisions. Don't put your finger in the fire because it hurts, or don't jump into the road because you might get hit. Obviously Hell is a horrible place and Heaven is the best place to be. As a logical human what would you choose. Heaven or Hell?

So why does the majority of humanity choose not to believe in Jesus and burn in hell for all eternity? Because we all know that it doesn't exist. If we chose hell we would completely be going against human nature and common sense. But the fact that the majority of humans choose not to believe in Jesus and choose hell, should show us that heaven and hell do not exist.

That's somewhat circular reasoning. Some reasons why the majority don't follow Jesus(or other religions that have a hell), is
A- that would require them to believe that there is accountability for their actions
B- that they would have to change the way they live.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by BlueRaja]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join