It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do people who aren’t Christian deserve be tortured in hell?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
When a child is born to that religion, have they chosen that path? No.
It was a matter of variable and chance, yet according to your religion they will end up in hell, and are they to blame for being born into that family?

Would God be merciful, and let this child enter Heaven?

(Please read my post above about Satan.)

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gluetrap

I truly believe a persons moral character can be judged in the way the treat the animals they come in contact with.

Verying interesting thing to say. I know a lot of people who love their animals and they would do almost anything to protect them. It is natural to behaive that way to our children and fellow man but do we protect those that are inferior to us? When we have the power, will we come to the aid of an animal in distress? The animals are our responsibility as per a command in Genesis. We are subject to God and the animals are subject to us. What if a whole species of animal is being decimated by man? What would you do? If no one stopped these evil people than the animals would disappear forever. That is why God must get rid of evil men because they are destroying what is good.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
"What would you do? If no one stopped these evil people than the animals would disappear forever. That is why God must get rid of evil men because they are destroying what is good."

And is God stopping these evil people by sending them to hell? When these so called evil people die, they are no longer in Earth, so how God getting rid of these evil people to save the animals and what is good? It makes no sense. Natural disasters, according to your belief created by God can also destroy what is "good". Are these natural happenings evil too? cause then he should send that tsunami, hurricane and that avanlnche to hell to save the good people.

Everyone is treated the same/equal under God's eye. Just because you see someone "evil" does not mean he will kill him off in attempt to stop what is good. Animals won't disappear forever, if these so called "evil" people live. have you deluded yourself that much?

"That is why God must get rid of evil men because they are destroying what is good." By getting rid of evil men he is sending to hell, does that sound reasonable to you? People who are evil do not necessarily kill animals, look at butchers who provide food, are they evil? You make no sense what so ever, your reason people go to hell is because GOd is getting rid of these "evil" people to save good, oh so then some people's fate is to end up in hell? What about those children who are born into a different religion, do you believe it's fair for them to end up in hell? At such a young age they are indoctrinated by their culture's religion, and if these children are sent to hell in the end, is this fair of God? He does not seem merciful and loving at all.

It's not a matter of getting rid of "evil"people at all, because anyone can die,not just "evil" people.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by memory_nuke]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
When you're dead, your dead. There is no hell fire. It's symbolic for no return.

Humans are more intelligent than animals and as a community we have a responsiblity to our environment. If you break the community of laws you go to jail. The community authority has limitations by the fact that it can't read your thoughts. One could be a serial killer or a Meth dealer and no one would ever know. God would know their actions and allow it to happen because of free will. Eventually, all will have to reap what they sow in the end.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
NO I dont think non-christians should be tortured in Hell.I think think being tortured for eternity in HELL should be for christians ONLY!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Memory allow me to spell out something for you.
Thought it obvious from my statements but all well.
Not everyone can see past their own noses.
I AM NOT CHRISTIAN!
Their god is NOT my god.
Heck what they mean when they say god and what I mean when I say god are two completely different animals.
But I do honor their right to follow their own paths.
With out me scoffing at them.
I have no want or need to tell them what to believe. Otherwords CONTROL THEM.

[edit on 27-1-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsHumanNature

My such lovely little ball of hate you have.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant

I’m not sure if he’s/she’s being serious….if he/she is……WOW :w:

[edit on 27-1-2008 by andre18]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

Originally posted by WraothAscendant

I’m not sure if he’s/she’s being serious….if he/she is……WOW :w:

[edit on 27-1-2008 by andre18]

Please don't take this as an attack but here is an example of farther down that anti-whatever-in-this-case-christian-road that you yourself are on.
I don't think you will go THAT far.
But your on the road.
Simular road would-be Nazi's traveled and you see the horrors they unleashed and became.
Extremists don't just spring up over night, they grow like a deadly fruit.
And that is why I scream for people to agree to disagree.
Tollerance is needed always.
Otherwise we repeat the BS of the past.

....gets off his soapbox....
Or that is what I get from your posts. And I think at least a few people agree but that has never stopped me from saying something. =)

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsHumanNature
NO I dont think non-christians should be tortured in Hell.I think think being tortured for eternity in HELL should be for christians ONLY!

And who are we to decide what right under God's eyes. No unpure heart will enter the kingdom of Heaven. Those that dont follow his son wont find him. They wont be tortured in hell forever either. For some odd 1000 years.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
since Christians are the ones that promote this image of hell so fervently, I feel it somewhat justified that they should at least have a chance to experience this fabricated, dark fantasy.

I mean, police are supposed to get tased/pepper sprayed themselves before they can do it to other people, why not apply the same concept to more supernatural methods of fear and control?

[edit on 8-2-2008 by scientist]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilverSmith
You're a moron.

In other words you're an unbeliever (moron) yet you bother yourself so much with Christian doctrine, the Bible, Jesus and God, why is that?

I can't stand flies so do I go around rubbing myself in crap and sit out hoping to attract flies?

Your ignorance towards all things Scriptural leads you into looking like a fool when you try and tell Christians what their beliefs do and don't say while never having study any of it.

I'm sure you had some good things to say after this, but I don't think anyone heard it because of this. What verse says to go around calling people morons again? Knowing scripture is one thing, applying this is something entirely different: "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?" (Matthew 7:1-3). As I remember it, the directive was to "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation." (Mark 16:15). I believe a person who held these words dear to their heart would offer a sincere apology, not only for was was said but even the mere thought.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
Then why is it that most Christians believe in the death penalty? Seems like a pretty glaring hypocrisy.

How can a Christian be so for the death penalty - the killing of a "soul" that is alive and breathing - and yet so adamantly against early abortion and stem cell research?

Keep in mind I'm not talking about abortions late in the pregnancy, just in general.

I have the same two questions. Either a person is pro-life or they are pro-death. Believing mankind can make a 'right judgement' as to who deserves death for a life we did not create sounds anti-biblical. I've chosen pro-life as it seems to be in alignment with scripture.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
Almost no Christians practice what they preach,

Statistic please. I do not believe this statement otherwise. Call me a skeptic. If you're saying no Christian measures up to the standard of God, you're right of course. In the same way I can say "everyone makes mistakes". If you believe anyone could do anything 100% of the time, then that's a person I'd like to meet.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by memory_nuke
When a child is born to that religion, have they chosen that path? No.
It was a matter of variable and chance, yet according to your religion they will end up in hell, and are they to blame for being born into that family?

Would God be merciful, and let this child enter Heaven?

(Please read my post above about Satan.)

That's why parents need to be held responsible for what they "teach" their children. At some point, it should be the child's CHOICE as to what religion they want to follow. I see to many parents stuff this crap down their children's throats, and then get upset when they child doesn't want to follow it.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Creative writing is not real. There is no heaven and there is no hell. We are conscious of the life with in us that is us and when we pass on we become aware of other consciousness and so on and so on. That's what I believe.

BUT

if we're playing pretend then I don't want to be tortured in hell. That said i gave my life to Christ in 1985 as a born again. So I might get shoehorned in.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Answer to your question:

Luke 3:6: ALL flesh SHALL SEE the SALVATION of GOD.

In other words, not only shouldn't they, they won't be.

God bless.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Answer to your question:

Luke 3:6: ALL flesh SHALL SEE the SALVATION of GOD.

In other words, not only shouldn't they, they won't be.

God bless.

Everyone gets their 'day in court' but few cases are ruled in favor of the defendant. Must be nice to quote one line but ignore the rest of the Book.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
In the Garden of Eaden we walked with god. Adam came first. then God Created Eve for a companion for Adam.. Adam & Eve both walked in the Garden toegather. There was Peace of the kind we can't understand. God told them they could do with the Garden what they wanted however The 1hing they couldn't eat from was the tree of knoledge. "The Apple Tree".
When they did SIN entered the world. Befor Christ Believers would make animal sacrifices to attone ones sin's.
Then when Jesus came to earth Born of a Virgin, he being here was to be crusified on the cross to pay for our sins. The Bible tells us the only way to heaven is through him "JESUS".
I believe I'am right on this John 4:10 For he so loved the world he gave his only begotten son. What true love AGOPIE
As christians were supposed to spread the good news of salvation. You can take a horse to water but can't make him drink. After one hears the word it's up to that person to believe what they want to. God wants you to love him like he loves you. As christian we are not to judge people most christians don't fully understand this, and as chriatians were all SINNERS, WE STILL SIN but we are supposed to try not to and lead a better life. Thank You.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MaatiHemet

That post truly put a smile on my face

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join