It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah is an Evil God!!!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavlovsdog
undo

I'm still only about 2/3 thru your stargate thread but something struck me about the figurine.

Are the studs on his chest and shoulders the gems OR are they representative of knobby reptilian skin

That's a good question, and i have no answer for it. i think it's probably scales as he doesn't appear to have anything on. maybe the scales were crystallized and caught the sun, so they sparkled and shown like gems? i would imagine that'd be a pretty amazing sight and would account for his biblical description?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
he'd have a rainbow like prism effect around him when the light hit the scales, which would not only fit the description of him being studded with precious stones but the referenes to him being beautiful and a shining being of light. it'd probably be nearly blinding in full sunlight. now that i think about it.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
(tiamat is the name they gave the wormhole - my theory)

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This video is 2hours long but if you want some good info you should take the time to check it out.

Google Video Link

[edit on 1/23/2008 by XcLuciFer]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Not trying to be meticulous but:

Did anyone mention that His name is YAHWEH, not Jehovah? Just thought that if you're going to discuss the Creator, you ought to not do it emptily
or vainly.

Also someone mentioned something about Isis Ra El in relation to Israel, but remember the correct name is Yisrael.

As for the topic, God is a Father and Fathers can get angry at their misbehaving, undisciplined, back talking, disobedient children. Maybe we should ALL learn something from our fellow brethren and apply what we learn so we won't have to go through the wrath of The Father.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elisha4Yah
Not trying to be meticulous but:

Did anyone mention that His name is YAHWEH, not Jehovah? Just thought that if you're going to discuss the Creator, you ought to not do it emptily
or vainly.

If you are going to be snitty, it is better if you are correct. Fact is, there are many 'names of God'

Here is a brief list which is not ment to be concise

YHVH
ehyeh asher ehyeh
Elohim
Adonai
Shem HaMeforash

YAHWEH is incorrect as there is no 'w' sound in hebrew

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

If you are going to be snitty, it is better if you are correct. Fact is, there are many 'names of God'

Here is a brief list which is not ment to be concise

YHVH
ehyeh asher ehyeh
Elohim
Adonai
Shem HaMeforash

YAHWEH is incorrect as there is no 'w' sound in hebrew

That depends on which Hebrew you're talking to. I did notice though, that Jehovah isn't on your list, that was all I was pointing out is that that name is incorrect. Also, God has ONE name, but MANY titles. Also, you can spell His name Yahweh and pronounce it Yah vey or for example David and Dawid. A mis pronunciation is better that a flat out mis translation IMO.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Elisha4Yah]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I dont think it matters what 'hebrew' I'm talking to. There is no 'w' sound.

YHVH and Elohim are the most commonly accepted 'names'

There are many titles. And there are most sacred names. The Tetragrammeton holds the secret tho

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I dont think it matters what 'hebrew' I'm talking to. There is no 'w' sound.

YHVH and Elohim are the most commonly accepted 'names'

There are many titles. And there are most sacred names. The Tetragrammeton holds the secret tho

YAWHEH or YAHVEH are names, correct. Elohim is a title. The Most sacred secret name is found in the Lamb

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Incorrect again

"You want to know my name? I am called according to my actions. When I judge the creatures I am Elohim, and when I have mercy with my world, I am called YHVH"

Exodus Rabbah 3:6

and you should study the Tetragrametron further. Dont confuse this secret with the lamb

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Elohim is not a personal name for God. I s is a title.
The Hebrew word ’elo·him′ (gods) appears to be from a root meaning “be strong.” ’Elo·him′ is the plural of ’eloh′ah (god). Sometimes this plural refers to a number of gods as in (Ge 31:30, 32; 35:2), but more often it is used as a plural of majesty, dignity, or excellence.

’Elo·him′ is used in the Scriptures with reference to Jehovah himself, to angels, to idol gods (singular and plural), and to men.

When applying to Jehovah, ’Elo·him′ is used as a plural of majesty, dignity, or excellence. (Ge 1:1) Regarding this, Aaron Ember wrote:

“That the language of the O[ld] T[estament] has entirely given up the idea of plurality in . . . [’Elo·him′] (as applied to the God of Israel) is especially shown by the fact that it is almost invariably construed with a singular verbal predicate, and takes a singular adjectival attribute. . . . [’Elo·him′] must rather be explained as an intensive plural, denoting greatness and majesty, being equal to The Great God.”—The American Journal of Semitic Languages and Literatures, Vol. XXI, 1905, p. 208.

The word ’elo·him′ is also used when referring to idol gods. Sometimes this plural form means simply “gods.” (Ex 12:12; 20:23) At other times it is the plural of excellence and only one god (or goddess) is referred to. However, these gods were clearly not trinities.—1Sa 5:7b (Dagon); 1Ki 11:5 (“goddess” Ashtoreth); Da 1:2b (Marduk).

At Psalm 82:1, 6, ’elo·him′ is used of men, human judges in Israel. Jesus quoted from this Psalm at John 10:34, 35. They were gods in their capacity as representatives of and spokesmen for Jehovah. Similarly Moses was told that he was to serve as “God” to Aaron and to Pharaoh.—Ex 4:16, ftn; 7:1.

Clearly, it is not a personal name of Jehovah or YHWY

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Sparky63]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Many claim that the name should not be used because the original way to pronounce it is unknown today. Ancient Hebrew was written without vowels. Therefore, no one today can say for sure exactly how people of Bible times pronounced YHWH.

However, should this prevent us from using God’s name? In Bible times, the name Jesus may have been pronounced Yeshua or possibly Yehoshua—no one can say for certain. Yet, people the world over today use different forms of the name Jesus, pronouncing it in the way that is common in their language.

They do not hesitate to use the name just because they do not know its first-century pronunciation. Similarly, if you were to travel to a foreign land, you might well find that your own name sounds quite different in another tongue.

Hence, uncertainty about the ancient pronunciation of God’s name is no reason for not using it.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It's an inherent flaw with monotheism - your god HAS to be singlehandedly responsible for every act of evil, just the same as he's responsible for every single act of good. Christianity tries to defray this by creating a more pantheistic approach with YHWH as "good" and Satan as "evil" but even a cursory read of the bible will show that Satan works for god, does as he is commanded, and there's no real enmity between the two - Satan is man's adversary, and God's PR representative.

Thus why all the faiths stemming from Abraham are absolutely nuts, all the damn time. If you're going to believe in a magic reality-creating man in the sky, why not two? or more? Monotheism is what's whacked.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
For there to be genuine good in this world, there has to be evil. I mean, if God created us like robots to only do good, it wouldn't even be possible to have any authentic good. So by allowing evil in the world God allows us to have free will so that we can choose and learn to do good.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
His name is Yahavah

YHVH There is no J in the hebrew language.

and no written vowl sounds. Maybee you should read the scriptures, to find out why God has to be "evil" some of the times, maybee you are one of thoes reasons??
DumbA$$

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

DEAR SIR (xclucifer)

Please stop copying and pasting your entire posts from websites. I am hear to hear thoughts and beliefs from our members.

If you are so weak so that you can not put together your own thoughts and must instead plagurize others works then you sir do not belong here.

Your second to last post is most certainly plagurism of the following site at a ratio of at least 95%
www.taroscopes.com/astro-theology/astrotheology2.html

In that post you did not refrence the site at all!

I found the evidence PRIOR to your follow up post which again is plagurized. However, in this post you did make mention of the site which you are stealing from however you did now provide a credit to that site - you link it more as if it was for further reference.,

Give us YOUR views, NOT copy and paste jobs from other authors.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by pavlovsdog]

Oh please, pull it back out what ever it was that climbed up your *%$ He clearly has cited his references which is more than most do on here, and it appears to be written in his own writing. If you're leveling a charge of "plagiarism" at someone (first off learn how to spell the word) you better have some darned good proof. This stinks from here to hell and back as another case of attack the messenger and discredit him. So irritating.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pavlovsdog

That doesnt excuse the plagiarism however. Trying to have a discussion with someone when all they do is copy and paste walls of information is like banging your head into a brick wall.

Ok, it is now incumbent upon you to prove to all of us where it is he plagiarized something. If it is cited where to go to find that information, it is not plagiarism.
Put some proof behind your words, and show us the proof of the crime you accuse this guy of.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by XcLuciFer

I never said the Roman Empire killed him. I'm referring Emperor constantine rewriting of the Bible, the twisting of the teachings that happen 345 AD if my memory serves me.

You mean the Ecumenical Councils of Nicaea?

Yeah, that is where True Christianity, in my opinion, was lost and replaced by a psuedo, Pagan-Christianity. And one of the main opponents to the allies of Constantine at this Councils where these writings and rewritings were decided was Presbyter Arius of Alexandria, who believed Jesus was a flesh and blood man, and any power given to him was given unto him by the Father; that he and the Father were not the same entity, as modern Christianity tries to claim(see: confuse) us with. This is so when the pretender comes around and convinces people he is Jesus, they'll also think he is God by default, so when he says so in the Temple, as it is prophesized, the Anti-Christ will be on the scene as it is written. Even Jesus himself make numerous references to the Father; reference upon reference to the Father. Moments before his death on the cross, he said "Father/Lord, why have you forsaken me?" This shows Jesus was in a scared, human, emotional, unsure state. But beyond the humanity, it also shows that Jesus and the Father were not the same single individual entity; Jesus was not the Creator God in the Flesh as Roman Catholicism and many other mainstream Christian Churches claim.

Jesus, is what the Book says, and the Book says that Jesus sits at the right hand of God upon the highest throne in Heaven. Sits at the right hand, you mean he isn't sitting on the throne himself? But then .. how could he be God, if he is symbolically God's "right hand man" and Chief Executor and Justice?

[edit on 1/23/2008 by runetang]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
so then is YAHWEH the same name as JEHOVAH or are we talking about two different beings? I've been under the belief that they are the same.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join