It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Conspiracy Of Atheists To Overthrow Christianity?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology
From what I hear,, what he has for you is called

Wrath

- Con

Oh noes! Phantom wrath from the wrathinator.

I'm glad he's got you to pass on his messages, this apparently super-poweful dude has to talk through a little dude called 'con' on an internet message board. What would he do without you and all these others to speak for him? It would be almost like he doesn't exist.

Honestly, con, I really don't care. But you're such a loving person who I just can't help being nice to.

Love you sweetie :x

[edit on 2-2-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

Awe ,, Mel,, you,, complete me baby.

Yeah I know LOL

Anyway,, I find this kind of stuff on the internet all the time and just love reading the posts made about new books at amazon

Synopsis
With this intriguing introduction, George H Smith sets out to demolish what he considers the most widespread and destructive of all the myths devised by man - the concept of a supreme being. With painstaking scholarship and rigorous arguments, Mr. Smith examines, dissects, and refutes the myriad "proofs" offered by theists - the defenses of sophisticated, professional theologians, as well as the average religious layman. He explores the historical and psychological havoc wrought by religion in general - and concludes that religious belief cannot have any place in the life of modern, rational man.

George H Smith is BRILLIANT!
If you ever needed a rational reason to join in the fight of our lives this book is for you. George H Smith opens up our eyes about the most vile of human inventions, GOD. More specifically the xian GOD and why theist of all types are the enemy of all mankind. It's time for Atheists to take a stand and bring Christianity to its knees before they get us all killed! Atheists need to unite with our time and our resources to finance many of the ideas and projects mentioned to rid the planet of this meme cancer called faith. If you think it isn't that serious then you really need to read this book.

Looks to me like they found religion.

Man Bless you,, Praise Man!

We came from nothing to be whatever we want, to think what ever we want, each one of us having our own moral code even if yours is differen't then mine. We are "free thinkers" and have no purpose then the one we were meant to be,, eerr I mean the one we make up for ouselves !! yeah thats it that one. We live we die and that is our legacy to pass on to our rug rats that will honor us and our accomplishements (they will honor us won't they?) Well even if they don't, so what, THEY ARE GOING TO BE FREE THINKERS TOO!

We have NO spirit we have no hope we have no souls but so what we are free thinkers we have our OWN goals! We got it made we do as we want we do as we please, with selfish abandon and no GOD to please.

There IS no hell no punishement just death we curse the christian with the foul language that reeks from our breath, We are "Free Thinkers and have no faith in a single thing, we fear no GOD or the wrath he would bring.

We will feed the hungry, house the poor with our worldview if you don't want to YOU DON'T HAVE TO, it's your moral code we're Free Thinkers taking a magical mystery tour!

Be one of us there is no heaven but hey there is NO HELL!
when your dead you're dead and thats all we mean thats all we sell.

wake up be free of a religion, it's so stupid all they do is take your money to help feed the poor and homeless don't do it don't be a pidgeon

Xians believe life came back to a man that died for us then rose from the dead. ,

That's CRAZY no dead body could life begin again in, WE are logical evolutionists prefering life came from nothing instead.

When you're alone, no friends left and on your death bed,,

God won't save you,, that's silly that's stupid, get it out of your head.

if you are dying scared,, know you're just an accident of biology when your dead your dead. I'd visit but I'm busy free thinking so just make it easy on us and put a gun to your head.

cut your wrists get it over with, throw yourself under a bus.

you're a Faithless Free Thinker, sell your soul,

be one of us.

Wow

- Con

[edit on 2-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Awe ,, Mel,, you,, complete me baby.

Yeah I know LOL

:blush:

Be one of us there is no heaven but hey there is NO HELL!
when your dead you're dead and thats all we mean thats all we sell.

wake up be free of a religion, it's so stupid all they do is take your money to help feed the poor and homeless don't do it don't be a pidgeon

If you only feed the poor and homeless because of a little book of rules, then that's not moral behaviour, that's obedience due to threat of punishment.

Rather different.

it's more "logical" to believe in evolution and that life came from nothing instead.

You mentioned earlier that you had been studying logic, this appears to show you have a bit more work to do. In an effort to aid this new study of yours:

Evolution =/= atheism.

You are basically saying that 'all atheists accept evolutionary theory' and so 'all who accept evolutionary theory are atheists'. Not so, bad logic.

Also, evolutionary theory doesn't say that life 'came from nothing'. Maybe you have other areas to attend to, as well as logic.

I'd visit but I'm busy free thinking with my own moral code

Yes, it stands me in good stead, cheers. In fact, it appears to do well for most atheists. You are no more moral than me, but you do like to define this stuff to make it so. Indeed, many of you christians like to take the 'bearing false witness' stuff quite liberally.

cut your wrists get it over with, throw yourself under a bus. Don't be scared just do it and be proud you are an atheist with no God but take comfort ,you're a Free Thinker and all you got is us.

Why would an atheist want to do that? Rather than focusing our attention on some phantom after-life, we focus on the one life we know we do have for certainty. It would appear to be a better option for theists, as they are just so sure they will be playing the harp at jay-sus' side.

Wow

- Con

Quite.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin
Quite.

Wait a min there mell I am still working on it lol

Ok I got to get to work but I scanned you post and will plenty of logical answers for you. BTW I don't have a moral code

I obey someone elses and I never worry about being punished

That seems to be a concern for atheists

I see them using that a lot

If I were one then yeah

I would regret it.

- Con
PS: Ill give ya something to make more fun of when I get back k?
Until then,, take care mel

PSS: Come to think of it,, I have seen many of your arguments answered by a friend of mine named "Hired Gun" she is a real Smart Cookie

[edit on 2-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

BTW I don't have a moral code

I obey someone elses and I never worry about being punished

Heh, great. So you essentially have no morals. If your god said you should go out an commit acts of genocide tomorrow, you'd do it like an automaton, as this would now be defined as a moral good.

That's actually quite scary. [ABE: especially when some supposedly have 'god' speaking to them in their minds]

That seems to be a concern for atheists

Nope, I know good from bad. I have this thing called empathy and social skills. I don't need absolute rules to follow.

PS: Ill give ya something to make more fun of when I get back k?
Until then,, take care mel

Well, at least you don't take the fun out of teh intertubz

ABE: to answer hired gun's issues, my morals are based on my ability for compassion, empathy, and reason. It came with mah brain.

I agree that firm rules are need for some psychopaths and maybe children. I don't need a set of rules to tell me that murdering another person is bad, I know it is bad. Whereas, what you are saying is that without these simple rules, you cannot be moral. I can.

If evidence was found that god without doubt did not exist tomorrow, I'm fine, my morality still stands. However, you have an issue. Indeed, that would be quite a scary proposition, as I pointed out.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Maybe you should have read con's post. You might have noticed that my post was just a simple response to what he said.

If you say so. All I saw in Con's post was an opinion offered on the tactics of atheists etc.

I heard no calling for censorship, no demanding that atheists be silenced. Nothing like that.

Yet you couldn't resist resorting to the 'yes, silence us, punish us for our heresy etc.'
It just sounds so silly and theatrical.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
If you say so. All I saw in Con's post was an opinion offered on the tactics of atheists etc.

I heard no calling for censorship, no demanding that atheists be silenced. Nothing like that.

Yet you couldn't resist resorting to the 'yes, silence us, punish us for our heresy etc.'
It just sounds so silly and theatrical.

maybe you should read a bit closer:

No,, actually MOST are just like the poster says and is why they had a world concil of churchs finally say enough is enough telling Christians to quit turning the other cheek and make atheism so profoundly un-popular as to put the atheist back in the closet.

Christians plans to remove them from the internet went into effect...

A Dead Atheist not on bended knee with is head bowed saying holy crap!! Thier really IS life after death. That is if you want to call an existence in eternal burning hell fire damnation a life.

OK, as I said before my original post was deemed too naughty for users minds, here we have atheists being put back in the closet, removing them from the internet, and a threat of eternal damnation.

So my post was a simple response to his. It doesn't bother me really, if internet vandalism is the best approach for christians to defend themselves from a few internet atheists with strong opinions on the impact of religon on society, cool. I hope they enjoy it. I don't actually take con's posts that seriously, tbh.

I just likes to joust with him. I love him too much to ignore him.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Hi everyone,
you might have noticed that I have not had much to say on this thread lately, even though I am the OP. For awhile, I regretted having opened it. It seemed that it was accomplishing all the wrong things.
There have been a few instances where the atheists and the Christians have actually been able to rationally discuss things with one another. This is a rare thing, with a subject as heated as this one.
I have enjoyed SOME of the humorous bantering between Conspiriology and Melatonin. And AshleyD is more than precious.
I saw where one post-er suggested that Christians only read one view and fall for it. Whereas if they had read another religion first, they probably would have fallen for that one first. I have to disagree. First of all; I do not come from a religious background of any kind. My first religious research was Witchcraft. Somehow it just didn't satisfy me as to what I was looking for.
Then in my late twenties, a friend invited me to a 'Word Church.' She didn't look at me with glazed over eyes and hit me over the head with a bible or threaten me with hell-fire. She simply said, "Would you like to come to Church with me on Sunday?" When I hesitated, she explained that this Church did not teach man-made doctrine, but only what the bible taught. The love of God and the Salvation and Faith Walk.
It changed my life.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I think it's actually a thread about atheists apparently conspiring to overthrow christians.

Ah, sorry. I didn't mean to get off topic. For your viewing pleasure:

All in good fun.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I'm sorry, but I don't find that funny at all. Today we have people all over teh world killing one another in the name of religion and here is this hideous piece of filth...you aught to be ashamed of yourself!

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
All in good fun.

I certainly think that is the perception of many christians. I suppose we'll 'keel' them with logic bombs and rational missiles.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

yeah, no big deal...a few dead people in a market, another few dozen or so tore to shreds due to shrapnel...but keep on laughing...ha haa yeah, very funny.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

I'd be willing to bet that if an atheist had posted that very
same cartoon, you'd be laughing your hiney's off.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow
yeah, no big deal...a few dead people in a market, another few dozen or so tore to shreds due to shrapnel...but keep on laughing...ha haa yeah, very funny.

I'm not so sure that logic bombs and rational missiles would cause shrapnel.

If what you are worried about is the lack of taste in the cartoon, I suppose it's not very tasteful. It's not even that funny.

But I think Ashley was trying to make some point, similar to when I used a cartoon earlier. Which is what I focused on. I think some christians do perceive that atheists want to murder them, being godless amoral heretics an all.

They're wrong, of course. But it does aid their martyr syndrome. I'll be back later, I just have to go and feed my lions...

[edit on 3-2-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Here's a little tidbit I found interesting for those of you who follow Darwin, Nietzsche, and Marx:

DESTRUCTIVE EDUCATION

3. Do not suppose for a moment that these statements are empty words: think carefully of the successes we arranged for Darwinism, Marxism, Nietzsche-ism. To us Jews, at any rate, it should be plain to see what a disintegrating importance these directives have had upon the minds of the GOYIM.

4. It is indispensable for us to take account of the thoughts, characters, tendencies of the nations in order to avoid making slips in the political and in the direction of administrative affairs. The triumph of our system of which the component parts of the machinery may be variously disposed according to the temperament of the peoples met on our way, will fail of success if the practical application of it be not based upon a summing up of the lessons of the past in the light of the present.

5. In the hands of the States of to-day there is a great force that creates the movement of thought in the people, and that is the Press. The part played by the Press is to keep pointing our requirements supposed to be indispensable, to give voice to the complaints of the people, to express and to create discontent. It is in the Press that the triumph of freedom of speech finds its incarnation. But the GOYIM States have not known how to make use of this force; and it has fallen into our hands. Through the Press we have gained the power to influence while remaining ourselves in the shade; thanks to the Press we have got the GOLD in our hands, notwithstanding that we have had to gather it out of the oceans of blood and tears. But it has paid us, though we have sacrificed many of our people. Each victim on our side is worth in the sight of God a thousand GOYIM.

www.the7thfire.com...

[edit on 3-2-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Never mind the above post. Seems that it was a hoax. See the information below:

The Protocols of the Elders of Zion is a forgery made in Russia for the Okhrana (secret police), which blames the Jews for the country's ills. It was first privately printed in 1897 and was made public in 1905. It is copied from a nineteenth century novel by Hermann Goedsche (Biarritz, 1868) and claims that a secret Jewish cabal is plotting to take over the world.

The basic story was composed by Goedsche, a German novelist and anti-Semite who used the pseudonym of Sir John Retcliffe. Goedsche stole the main story from another writer, Maurice Joly, whose Dialogues in Hell Between Machiavelli and Montesquieu (1864) involved a Hellish plot aimed at opposing Napoleon III. Goedsche's original contribution consists mainly of introducing Jews to do the plotting to take over the world.
skepdic.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle
I'd be willing to bet that if an atheist had posted that very
same cartoon, you'd be laughing your hiney's off.

Exactly. Not only "would be" but "they do." Jokes against Christianity are all over ATS and everyone laughs. When a Christian does it, it's "intolerant" and "offensive." I think Melatonin is the only one I've ever seen on ATS who can take a step back and laugh at both sides while everyone else is trapped in politically correct quick sand.

[edit on 2/3/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

no, i really wouldn't. it's stupid and is a display of how christians oddly view atheists.

and, for the last time:
one cannot be a fundamentalist atheist!

the "fundamentals" of atheism are as follows: "i don't believe in god"
that's it...

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Exactly. Not only "would be" but "they do." Jokes against Christianity are all over ATS and everyone laughs. When a Christian does it, it's "intolerant" and "offensive."

maybe it's because the ones about atheists rely entirely on intolerance and misconceptions about atheism, while the ones about christianity tend to have a basis in the realities of the religion...

if someone makes a joke that's appropriate about atheism, i'll laugh. i can laugh at myself, but i can't laugh at a twisted view of what i am

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
and, for the last time:
one cannot be a fundamentalist atheist!

the "fundamentals" of atheism are as follows: "i don't believe in god"
that's it...

I agree. But "extremist" wouldn't fit inside the name tag!

I don't think atheists are out to kill (or "keel") Christians. But some of the militant atheists do seem fixed on "killing" religion. Not the majority but the select vocal ones with the microphone. I've only known two atheists personally that are bent on attacking religion. The others are pretty laid back about the whole thing and their basic view is to let others believe what they want as long as they are left alone. Which is perfectly understandable and reasonable.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join