It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Conspiracy Of Atheists To Overthrow Christianity?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow

That has to be the longest two sentences I have ever read lol

It isn't like us Christians are for everything the believers or so called believers do.

I write to and about a lot of things that require or should anyway, proper oversight and restrictions to acts that I consider the cause of blood being spilled.

ultramedia.freehostia.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Bueller? Bueller? Has anyone seen Ferris Bueller?

HA HA HA ASHLEYD!!! That was one of my favorite movies!!

Girl you're a nut lol

Id like to stay and pontificate more while waxing poetic the virtues of Christianity but Stargate is on TV lol. Ill be back in a half or so.

Hey,, how bout them NY Giants today

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I'm neither a believer in any god, nor am I an atheist. But let me make it clear, I also don't discount either beliefs 100%. What really bugs me, is that people will only ever go from black to white -- and back and forth. And when they do, they seem to make themselves blind/ignorant to any other colour.

I frequently see Christians stating how they became a 'believer' or was 'born again'. They often argue that it's the teachings of Jesus that made them believe, after reading the bible or listening to someone preach.
Now to make a point, lets go back in time and observe one of these soon-to-be 'born again christains' in exactly the same situation -- only one thing changed... instead of reading the bible, which in turn "inspired" them to become a believer, they happened to stumble across the Bhagavad Gita and read that instead. I'm 100% convinced they'd become a 'believer' just the same, different god. Heck -- I even think theres a very good chance they'd convert right now if they read some other stuff.

The problem is the mentality that they inherited through mainstream/family influence. Once they decided, thats it. They're eyes are shut to everything else and they don't care. This is the type of organized religion that I absolutely will not support. People should keep all possibilities on the table, and using common sense/instinct, live their lives through principles. You don't need a book to tell you what is immoral or unethical.

I believe anything is possible -- whether it be one god, evolution/non creationism, evolution through Extraterrestrial influence... and any of the other infinite possibilities that we probably cannot even comprehend. Yet I'm still capable of living a normal/spiritual life.

[edit on 21/1/08 by Navieko]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Judge for yourself (after looking this over)...

see this press release - announcement; www.warriorscave.com...

on the page there's a shortcut to the Ad for enrolling in a 9 week long study of intense, hardcore Prophetic Training...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

Originally posted by AshleyD

Bueller? Bueller? Has anyone seen Ferris Bueller?

HA HA HA ASHLEYD!!! That was one of my favorite movies!!

Girl you're a nut lol

Id like to stay and pontificate more while waxing poetic the virtues of Christianity but Stargate is on TV lol. Ill be back in a half or so.

Hey,, how bout them NY Giants today

I just watched that movie three days ago and definitely a great flick...see we have far more in common then perhaps you thought.

You want to compare the money given to feed the hungry and give medical care to people between Atheists and Christians be my guest

Are you assuming I'm an atheist? I'd be interested in the per-capita data on that one as well. Of course we know that the vast majority of our society is not identifiable as an atheist. Would one be inclined to include so called secular humanists in that group as well? If so, what if some are secular humanists, but also identify as Christian? Very interesting. In the end, I doubt that the hungry person, or the one who needs health care but who can't afford it, or the mother who just lost her son to suicide because he had no health care and therefore wasn't given the treatment he needed...I wonder if these people sit around and ponder who gives more?

Stargate, now there's a show I never got into...it's definitely something I could have however. I enjoyed Star Treck Enterprise and was disappointed when it was canceled.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow

Stargate, now there's a show I never got into...it's definitely something I could have however. I enjoyed Star Treck Enterprise and was disappointed when it was canceled.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by skyshow]

Yea, as was I, I sometimes wonder why I don't see threads arguing about whether Kirk was better then Picard and Vice Versa. I liked Janeway a lot myself and had a crush on 7 of 9 for a long time lol

She was a hottie

I like to impart a little levity every once in a while so to those who like to lump all those religious people into one group as if we are like those who would crash a plane into buildings,, Ill let the late great Frank Sinatra sing my sentiments about that

www.animatronics.org...

Enjoy

- Con

[edit on 21-1-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I am very pleased to see certain interactions here and meetings-of-the-minds. Even if it's nothing more than the commonality of enjoying the same tv shows and movies. I would love to believe that there is common ground for us all, and peaceful resolutions. Peace, everyone. Sizzle

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I dont know if "atheists" are trying to overturn christianity- but christians are certainly trying to overthrow atheism. When was the last time you had some glazed eyed atheist pound on your door asking you to join them? I think if Jesus wants me to become some fruitbag glazed eyed hipocrytical money begging freak that wastes his life by worshipping a dead Jewish carpenter, he would drop by and let me know himself.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

[edit on 1/28/2008 by XcLuciFer]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
D'oh! If only I hadn't been on temporary ban I could have gotten involved in this thread before it blew up.

Is there a 'conspiracy' by atheists to overthrow Christianity?

Of course. You've already seen people openly admit it.

What I find interesting is that some atheists openly call for the death of ALL religion and the eradication of all religious people etc. This is the most blatant form of xenophobia and prejudice, I'm not sure what excuse they have for being so hateful...

I see plenty of people who are atheist, agnostic etc. who are able to talk with religious people perfectly fine. But they are few and far between...

there is a kind of extremist attitude among atheists online that rubs me the wronggg way. I am not 'religious' but I am damn sure that there is more to life than stressing yourself out about other people's beliefs, hating them. etc. Just chill out, you know? We will all know the truth when we die. (Except atheists believe death is the end... so it's hard to say that I guess.)

This is a very complex subject.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko
You don't need a book to tell you what is immoral or unethical.

[edit on 21/1/08 by Navieko]

I agree with you on many points, however humans in a societal context have problems. The same drives which allow them to survive as individuals, families, clans, or tribes doesn't work as well in large societies. This is why moralism had to spelled out.

Especially to the hebrews who had lived like animals for so long, that they knew only their own concupiscence. For minds like this, a written code of morals is required if they are expected to have a collective identity and have a standard of what is acceptable and what is not.

Keep in mind that humans are animals, plain and simple. Animals can be wonderfully trained or completely under the will of their own desires. This is why a moral code had to be written down.

You ever read Animal Farm?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
Is there a 'conspiracy' by atheists to overthrow Christianity?

Of course. You've already seen people openly admit it.

um...where?

What I find interesting is that some atheists openly call for the death of ALL religion and the eradication of all religious people etc. This is the most blatant form of xenophobia and prejudice, I'm not sure what excuse they have for being so hateful...

ok...where the hell do you see that?
i talk to a lot of atheists, and i haven't heard of that whole "eradication of all religious people" thing...
see, that's kind of what we like to call "absolute crap"

I see plenty of people who are atheist, agnostic etc. who are able to talk with religious people perfectly fine. But they are few and far between...

um...they're actually not. it would be nearly impossible to function in society if we couldn't
how about you stop making bigoted remarks like this unless you're going to back them up with evidence?

there is a kind of extremist attitude among atheists online that rubs me the wronggg way. I am not 'religious' but I am damn sure that there is more to life than stressing yourself out about other people's beliefs, hating them. etc.

we hate the religion, not the religious
and if you say that's impossible, well...then so is the phrase "hate the sin, not the sinner"

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Right here, Madness,

CNSNews.com, 10/3/07: Religion Must Be Destroyed, Atheist Alliance Declares [Excerpts] -- Science must ultimately destroy organized religion, according to some of the leading atheist writers and intellectuals who spoke at a recent atheist conference in Northern Virginia. God is a myth, and children must not be schooled in any faith, they said, at the "Crystal Clear Atheism" event, sponsored by the Atheist Alliance International.

Some of the luminaries who spoke at the conference included Oxford professor Richard Dawkins, author Sam Harris and journalist Christopher Hitchens.

In his speech, Dawkins...denounced the "preposterous nonsense of religious customs" and compared religion to racism.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

um...they're actually not. it would be nearly impossible to function in society if we couldn't

No,, actually MOST are just like the poster says and is why they had a world concil of churchs finally say enough is enough telling Christians to quit turning the other cheek and make atheism so profoundly un-popular as to put the atheist back in the closet. To call us a bigot anymore will only make us proud to live up to the reputation because anymore,, athiest just turn my stomach. They wanted this and as I warned mos ago in various threads where they would spew their vitriolic biobabble ala Dick DoHkens, and Spam Harris. They were going to regret all that "in your face" ridicule of God and Christians

Christians plans to remove them from the internet went into effect where they either flood forums with new members posing as athiests and talk as much smak as they can getting them removed fron places like MYSPACE. I laugh so hard at them for I tried to warn them there days were numbered there and they did there usual stuck up smak talk saying " Or what fundie?? the man in the sky gonna punish us LMAO"

Now the largest Atheist group of its kind is GONE from my space and thats only the begining. In a survival of the fittest phenomena between Christians and Atheists the Atheists had pissed off not just Christians who had finally gotten sick of it,, they angerd muslims, jews, we even had scientologist offering to help the Presbytery, the Vatican and islamists to join in on this new common enemy of anyone having faith in anything.

the world of Atheism and it's slick science of evilution had awaken the lazy Christian into getting motivated to defend ther faith. Atheists actually got us reading our bibles and studying apologetics our hebrew latin and aramaic. It got us motivated to learn about things like inductive arguments to logical fallacies and to quit debating with willfuly determined reprobates who can't stand the mere mention of the word God.

Once they started suggesting we were "brainwashing our kids" and that it was tantamount to "child abuse",, once they did that.. Millions started pouring in with paper clips attached to notes saying,, GOD might forgive them but I sure as hell won't.

I loved the big picture of Jesus on the Cross at myspace saying

HOW DO YA LIKE ME NOW ATHEIST!!!
HA HA HA

I wish I had the time to give you the rest of the mission playbook because it is brilliant and they got it coming. Heck the 6000 Christians that volunteered for the myspace mission were weeks ahead of projected objectives. I am cracking up at what those crazy christianz have been doing at Dawkins forum LOL

Couldn't happen to a nicer, sweeter, kinder bunch a people.

how about you stop making bigoted remarks like this unless you're going to back them up with evidence?

LOL what did he say that wasn't true?

we hate the religion, not the religious yeah like you hate the drug but not the drug addict. Like you hate the axe but not the axe murderer.

No wonder atheists are so confused,, they are directing there anger at inanimate objests, philosophys from books. They hate the rape but not the rapist they hate the crime but not the criminal.

Then they wonder why we say they don't have any basis for morality
The day they realize all that free thinker propaganda wasn't so free after all,, that it cost them their very soul.

and if you say that's impossible,

Only two things I know of that are impossible

1) getting an atheist group started on myspace

2) A Dead Atheist not on bended knee with is head bowed saying holy crap!! Thier really IS life after death. That is if you want to call an existence in eternal burning hell fire damnation a life.

I hope God allows Gloating lol Ill be sayin Hey Atheists,,,

How do ya like us now!

-love Con

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsHumanNature
I dont know if "atheists" are trying to overturn christianity- but christians are certainly trying to overthrow atheism. When was the last time you had some glazed eyed atheist pound on your door asking you to join them? I think if Jesus wants me to become some fruitbag glazed eyed hipocrytical money begging freak that wastes his life by worshipping a dead Jewish carpenter, he would drop by and let me know himself.

Why?? who are you? what makes you so important that he can't delegate that message to that glazed eyed fruitcake christian?

I know this much. Until we put a gun to your head and say join us or we will send you to hell right now,, you got johnson. Other than that, you can't find a Christian chat thread anywhere a Christian conversation anywhere on here where Maddness doesn't show up to start talking about inquisitions and witch burnings just to even things out.

When we do it,, it's forcing our BS down peoples throats but when Atheists do it,, they are educating us. More and more though Atheists complaints about Christians will be true in most cases because that dark side of Christianity they so love to portray us as the blame for all the evil in history, will actually be the kind of treatment they will be met with .

I have even heard Hagy instructing his congregation to regard this new atheist with unbridaled scorn as sort of conduit between an arrogant God denier and satans darwininan science con'science.

There is a Christian responce to all this and it will be delivered to the Atheists with extreme prejudice. They are being told NOT to act like fundamentalist Christians,, but rather

Militant Extremist Christologists

- Con

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Heh, con is an internet vandal for jay-sus.

Shhhh, be vewy vewy qwiet, I be hunting atheists...

Is this best you have? Put us back in the closet. Silence us. You can't handle having these freethinking ideas around, so shove them under carpet. And then threaten people with the eternal damnation of the super-phantom, even little children.

Nobody expects the internet inquisition...

You wish, con. You're our best weapon.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Is There A Conspiracy Of Atheists To Overthrow Christianity?

If its real it cant be overthrown.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle
In proof reading my opening post, I see that it might be a little confusing. Whereas, my title invites discussion on conspiracy between atheists and christians, and the body leads another direction. Sorry for that. But I hope we can do both and do it in a civil manner. Does that clear things up a bit?

So - are we discussing Aetheists or the war in Iraq, or something else?

Why do you find aetheist websites so distressing? Is it because they question your religious beliefs? Are you saying that links that question christian beliefs, links to websites that are based mostly on respected acedemic research, should be censored here??

Hmmm.

J.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join