It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: This is What A Police State Looks Like

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Griff the first video I posted here is from that incident. Here's the thread it is from...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting read for all the 'cops were only doing there job" crowd, if they even bother to check it.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

I thought so but didn't want to make the connection without watching it. The guy looked familiar and I thought it was the same video but wasn't sure. I can't watch videos at work. Thanks for clarifying.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tha stillz
reply to post by cavscout

Ha ha, Yes, I have been trying to put my tv to sleep, but nothing works....

Try a bullet. TVs make great targets. If you run an extension cord to it you can even get on shot off on an image you dont care for.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

Al Gore has egg all over his face as the new consensus (I went ahead and spell check corrected it for you as you spelled it with a "c") is that the world is cooling.

Wow, something struck a nerve, you're just full of right wing nut job one liners today....um, there is no "consensus" on that outside of the oil industry and conservative think tank funded reports: Here's the evidence on that one: www.abovetopsecret.com...'

The credits thing you speak about is actual a very smart way to deal with pollution. I had an economics professor who was all about such a plan and it really made a lot of sense on many fronts. What level of education was it you said you had?

[edit on 16-1-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

www.canadafreepress.com...
This report shows Gore fleecing the sheep.

Gore buys his carbon off-sets from himself--the Generation Investment Management LLP, "an independent, private, owner-managed partnership established in 2004 with offices in London and Washington, D.C." of which he is both chairman and founding partner.

But the conduct of Al Gore and Maurice Strong in the capitalist world is one for the books. It's a side of them that may have remained unknown had it not been for the investigative talent of the Executive Intelligence Review (EIR).

The tawdry tale of the top two global warming gurus in the business world goes all the way back to Earth Day, April 17, 1995 when the future author of An Inconvenient Truth traveled to Fall River, Massachusetts, to deliver a green sermon at the headquarters of Molten Metal Technology Inc. (MMTI). MMTI was a firm that proclaimed to have invented a process for recycling metals from waste.Gore praised the Molten Metal firm as a pioneer in the kind of innovative technology that can save the environment, and make money for investors at the same time.

"Gore left a few facts out of his speech that day. First, the firm was run by Strong and a group of Gore intimates, including Peter Knight, the firm's registered lobbyist, and Gore's former top Senate aide," wrote EIR.

"Second, the company had received more than $25 million in U.S. Department of energy (DOE) research and development grants, but had failed to prove that the technology worked on a commercial scale. The company would go on to receive another $8 million in federal taxpayers' cash, at that point, its only source of revenue.

"With Al Gore's Earth Day as a Wall Street calling card, Molten Metal's stock value soared to $35 a share, a range it maintained through October 1996. But along the way, DOE scientists had balked at further funding. When, in March 1996, corporate officers concluded that the federal cash cow was about to run dry, they took action: Between that date and October 1996, seven corporate officers--including Maurice Strong--sold off $15.3 million in personal shares in the company, at top market value. On Oct. 20, 1996--a Sunday--the company issued a press release, announcing for the first time, that DOE funding would be vastly scaled back, and reported the bad news on a conference call with stockbrokers.

"On Monday, the stock plunged by 49%, soon landing at $5 a share.By early 1997, furious stockholders had filed a class action suit against the company and its directors.

And for the global warming farce,
www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2006/11/05/nosplit/nwarm05.xml

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Grants for research is far from abnormal, neither is it abnormal that it always works out the way some company wants it to...those quotes from the Canadian Free Press tell us little about average global temperature raises or drops going on today. I read through that mess three times, what claim exactly are you trying to support with it? The other link isn't providing anything at all. Did you check out the link I provided?

Can you provide some current pier reviewed scientific journal articles supporting your claim for global cooling? That's the sort of evidence you need if you plan to support your claims and have anyone take you seriously, because pretty much all of the data is showing the opposite, and I'm sure more than a few people and not just those in academia would be very interested in reading them.

Anyway, the argument is pretty much mute sir. Among the few studies that have come out supporting cooling or refuting warming are funded heavily by the petroleum and energy industry and that has clearly been demonstrated here. Furthermore the research is pointing in the opposite direction that you speak of so why are you continuing to try and derail the topic of this thread which is about infringement on our constitutional right to protest and unjust police brutality?

This isn't some kind of a game. This is real life. Real honest Americans who were doing nothing except peacefully exercising their right to protest, got gassed and beaten that day in Downtown Portland, and despite seeing the pictures, you seem to be all for it! I find that repugnant as all hell.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Whao there, back up. I never said I was for the beating of anybody. I only argued the cause of the incidents. If the police started it or professional protesters, the end result is always the same, the crowd gets beaten back.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
even the "hippies" and Cindy Sheehan, and who was the other one? Oh, Jane Fonda supporters? Common, now, after all you've posted on this thread, don't start to lie now. Righties crack me up, it's all vote "no" and go to the lake...and all discussion is reactionary!

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

So now the use of cultural icons in creative posting is tantamount to advocating beatings? Far stretch of the imagination. Again I say you misquoted me. I never posted I was for beatings of any kind.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Why is this a big surprise. Since when has america ever been fair. Ask the Alumni of Kent university. of the 1960's. Police opened fire on the protesters killing 30+.

this happened alot on the 60's just not in the history books. thell just stick with th hippie story.

read about kent university. "How long has america been racist? till Black americans stood up they were tortured. Good god the syphliss trials ran up to the mid 1950's refusing cure killing so many men on purpose."

My black friend is into NWO that was his response not mine.

And you trust medic care LMAO!!!

I just think to many people watched to much tv this is fantasy land things are horrible.

Drugs are everywhere. You can get a mcjob for 7$ an hour or sell drugs most sell drugs.Which the US ships in. LOL what a joke.

All of thecities are aids and drug infested. Government corruption is everywhere.

So what is so surprising the country is going to fall for the NWO to rise.

try to enjoy it while it last. Everything is changing cant do anything about unless you got an army or willing to kill for it.

I am not them most of us arent so we wont.

So someday they will kill us and paid by your tax dollars.

hey dont blame me i voted for RP.

Im sorry if you disagree or live in some perfec tneighborhood and make 30000000k a year. I live in the real world and its falling apart.

enjoy WW3 starts soon with Iran Eourope[ EG Britains enemies] Asia and America will be in war soon.

Were all gonna die its over soon. Sorry it just is.

If you cant see the writing on the wall by now its over for you.

Its there Please read.

It's over it's over it's over.

drugs are sold by 10 yr old children.people are killed for nike shoes.the police are corrupt. you are guilty till proven innocent. and even if you are found not guilty. go to court years later its thrown in your face even if it was not guilty.

You can lie in front of a convience store dead and people will walk over you to shop.

True story.

The put virus in drugs and vaccines to kill you. never trust medic care.doctors killed patients for there organs.its happened.

Do i need to go on.

America is dead.

Where do you see such a great america what is left name something good about it. please.

America has been dead for a long time. ask a pysch patient about rights.And most are voluntary and cant take care of themselfs. Given aids cancer and other horrific diseases for medical testing.

No one cares about anyone sorry.

If people actually cared we wouldnt be like this.

people are doomed. sorry enjoy the ride

any questions?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Then by your own definition it is an illegal event. You must have a license to do that sort of thing

Hi SectionEight,
Have you ever read any part of the constitution? It seems that if you're actually an American, you might want to brush up on the rights of its citizens, especially before defending brutality against children with such an un-American argument. From what country's laws do you base that statement?

Bill of Rights
Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
Whao there, back up. I never said I was for the beating of anybody. I only argued the cause of the incidents. If the police started it or professional protesters, the end result is always the same, the crowd gets beaten back.

sience the video shows police acting in a violent manner and you said "That was awesome video. From now on I am no longer going to hang up on police donation solicitations because I see they are actually doing a good job and making a difference. Thanks for this video" then i belive you did support beatings.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow
Righties crack me up

Well that sort of talk is just as bad as anything those "righties" are doing.

Don’t you see that you are caught up in this us vs. them left/right control drama?

Don’t you understand that by making those kinds of statements you are actually REINFORCING his belief system and polarizing him against you "lefties?"

When will we learn?

Like I told another poster, KILL YOUR TV!

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lifestudent

Congress shall make no law.
The first amendment is a protection against Congress passing laws against the rights stated. Congress is only one third of the govt.
The police judge if an assembly is done peaceably.
Then the Courts judge the Police actions and the civillian actions and even Congress from passing laws against the 1st amendment.
That is how the system works.
It doesn't matter which side starts a riot, people get hurt before it gets sorted out in court. Use judgement and don't bring children. This is not a baseball game, it is a line of protesters directly opposing a line of riot police in close proximity.

I already stated my pro stance on protecting the children and condemning the bad parenting involved.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by krill

Originally posted by SectionEight

sience the video shows police acting in a violent manner and you said "That was awesome video. From now on I am no longer going to hang up on police donation solicitations because I see they are actually doing a good job and making a difference. Thanks for this video" then i belive you did support beatings.

They did do their job. They broke up an unruly mob early before it turned into a riot. They should have all those parents on film and use it in court to take their kids away for bringing them as human shields and causing them to get hurt.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

your dancing around the issue at hand, you stated that you dont condone beatings except the police were beating people and you said you condone their actions you cant have it both ways you either agree with what they did or you dont.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The whole point of the video and what it was trying to point out was that these were peaceful protests. Peaceful, they weren' unruly at all.

I'm not a gambling person whatsoever, but in this case I would put everything I have and then whatever that I could borrow, that there were few if any "righties" at that protest. It's not about being divided...yes of course the nation is. Think of it like a gas gage...E being righties/conservatives...the middle being moderates, and the F being Lefties / liberals. Most issues, candidates, causes, votes, media leanings etc...fall somewhere within that spectrum. I was making an observation that I've found to be quite typical. I doubt this is going to change him in any way. I don't think anything short of a formal education or years in the library will have any effect. Certainly listening to Limbaugh and watching Fox News isn't going to do it! Meanwhile Rome burns. We have to do something, but no matter what we do, you must understand that it will fall within that spectrum somewhere. The question is are we to continue repeating the same mistakes, or throw these bums out from the oil industry and these war profitiers like Dick Cheney, and start working on getting out of the war business and into the people and peace business that is getting health insurance for the 50,000,000 plus who don't have any....now if that means you are going to be labeled left of center, so be it, I want nothing to do with the right because we've been living with what the right produces now for quit some time. Do you like it? I sure as hell don't, and by the looks of it, neither did most of those protesters.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I don't know how many people here are or were cops, but being a cop can be really scary at times. People are too unpredictable. I have nothing against these protests. Risk of safety for all who are there should be the number one thing. Making sure people don't get out of hand should also be right up there at the top of the list. We are all human and at times we can get heated. When this happens people snap and lose it and break out into a fight. I have seen this first hand. The video taping should be for a "cover your @$$" purpose, but what they are doing... who in the heck knows. There is no for sure reason why they single out people. Maybe they have warrants or have committed crimes in the past. It is hard to say unless you have had the chance to ask the right people. It seems the women in this video likes to jump to conclusions. I don't know the laws of Oregon, but if an officer asks you to do something that is fully legit, then you should do it. If you resist, well then you are probably doing something in the first place that you weren't supposed to or shouldn't be. If you look at it as a cops perspective, the business that they are in is a dangerous one. You are constantly looking over your shoulder in and out of uniform. There are things that happen that never make it to the media that would straight scare the crap out of you. I do it because I have seen the result of my service. I was a firefighter for 4 years and changed occupations so I could do more. I respect everyones opinions, I just hope that we all look at it from both sides.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Firosche

That's true, the police are human too...btw, thank you (I really mean that) for your service, it's a tough job, you have to make split second decisions, and your life is on the line. As I had stated much earlier in a previous post, I think this was simply a day where things went bad. Most protests do not turn out this way at all. I would imagine following this event that the force in the Portland metro area (all dpts.) took part in some heavy training on crowd control...Other posters on here seemed to suggest that all protests end up this way, and that most protesters are heading out expecting disorder, and I simply do not believe this to be the case.

That said, I don't think we have yet become a police state like Russia, or China. It may happen, and god knows it's coming close. Yet in America, we have peaceful revolutions we call elections. We can work towards restoring our rights and righting wrongs like the Patriot Act, and continuing to speak out and protest against regimes like are presently in power. We must also not throw the baby out with the dishwater and disrespect our men and women in uniform, many of whom work really hard and take great pride in service to the community.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow
reply to post by Firosche

That's true, the police are human too...btw, thank you (I really mean that) for your service, it's a tough job, you have to make split second decisions, and your life is on the line. As I had stated much earlier in a previous post, I think this was simply a day where things went bad. Most protests do not turn out this way at all. I would imagine following this event that the force in the Portland metro area (all dpts.) took part in some heavy training on crowd control...Other posters on here seemed to suggest that all protests end up this way, and that most protesters are heading out expecting disorder, and I simply do not believe this to be the case.

That said, I don't think we have yet become a police state like Russia, or China. It may happen, and god knows it's coming close. Yet in America, we have peaceful revolutions we call elections. We can work towards restoring our rights and righting wrongs like the Patriot Act, and continuing to speak out and protest against regimes like are presently in power. We must also not throw the baby out with the dishwater and disrespect our men and women in uniform, many of whom work really hard and take great pride in service to the community.

Unfortunately yes man, this video looked exactly the same what we sometimes have in Russia.
I never go for any protests because the end is always the same. Government calls for the Police, OMON, Specnaz and they just wipe all crowd out of the streets...
But this video is damn scary because we never had the police and OMON filming people's faces on cameras.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join