It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: This is What A Police State Looks Like

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

VIDEO: This is What A Police State Looks Like

www.blacklistednews.com

In Portland, the cops get up close and personal for the crime of exercising the First Amendment.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This video is a bit old. I wonder why it is just coming out now? It doesn't seem to me that this guy did anything wrong. Did the police react just because they had seen him before and wanted to make sure they got him this time?

check out link to watch video

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I wonder if a few laser pointers strapped together would effectively disable the image sensor in the cops' cameras. Try to keep it out of their eyes of course.

But don't try too hard.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this.

I hadn’t seen it.

I grew was born in Portland and grew up in its suburbs and I am truly surprised by the actions of its police.

I guess much has changed in the ten years since I left.

You would think you could expect better from one of the few cities that requires an actual college education of its officers, but I suppose many of those pigs were West Point grads or have OCS training and never lost the military mindset.

They should be alarmed though that they are pissing off many combat experienced vets who remember the oath we took to protect the constitution and the American people.

Edit to add:
If one had the money, one could purchase bandanas and balaclavas to distribute.

Actually, I am certain you could purchase an entire crate of surplus military balaclavas. Wouldn’t that be ironic?

Flag and star, everyone needs to watch this.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by cavscout]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

What I find a bit funny about this video is the fact that the bike cop was the one to bring that guy down. What could he have possibly done. Nothing IMO. They have all those well equipped cops standing right near him, and the bike cop goes back and takes him down. What is that all about? They sure seemed to have a lot of cops there for this rally.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

you'd probably find yourself being grabbed by the arm and swung around so you end up face planted into the pavement too.
then while your down you'll get a knee in the back for good measure.

[edit on 14/1/08 by Obliv_au]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by palehorse23
They have all those well equipped cops standing right near him, and the bike cop goes back and takes him down. What is that all about?

Notice the role of the other, ninja-clad cops. While the neon bike cops took him down, the other pigs secured the perimeter of the area, stopping any hope of rescue this man had from the crowd. The police ninjas were best equipped for this cordon due to their riot gear.

It was pre-meditated and well-executed.

The protesters aren’t well enough organized to counter the police cordons, but they will be someday. Communication is the key, united we stand, there is no I in team. They will get it sooner or latter.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by cavscout]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hey thanks for posting that. It was excellent.

The point she makes: is it right for them to be collecting video information on people who are merely exercising their First Amendment rights peacefully? What are they going to do with this information?

It seems maybe then an equitable reaction would be for all the people to carry video cameras and start taping their faces too. They get info on the people, the people get info on them. Fair's fair, right?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I can imagine trying to explain a computer file that contained the faces of hundreds of police officers found on your hard drive.

You may find yourself in for a long tropical vacation in Cuba.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

It was pre-meditated and well-executed.

I was thinking that as well. you can hear the cops talking about the guy they throw down as if they were there just to get him. Them saying, "He is their leader." First off, who are "they"? And there comments make it sound like it was some kind of huge mission they had been preparing for. Makes me sick. Even if the "leader" had said something to a passing cop, no need for this mistreatment thats for sure! Makes me
And when I am done puking, then I am

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
its abuse of force like this that realy scares the crap out of me . i swear i dont care what the "reasoning" behind it if im legaly exercising my rights and get attacked im fighting back .

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by palehorse23
Them saying, "He is their leader." First off, who are "they"?

Exactly.

They betrayed their prejudice.

The leader of what? Well, if the police are concerned with the leader of "them" then "they" must be a criminal organization, right?

If not, why are our police wasting our tax dollars and abusing citizens rights to catch "their" leader?

And who was this pig who remembered the “leader’s” face? Has Portland set up some sort of task force? Is he a self appointed anti-anti-war-protest-tsar?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Well, there is a lot of new technology being used for domestic spying to catch "homegrown terrorists". Maybe he is on a "watch list" somewhere and they received info about him. This guy though didn't really look like he was leading anything. He almost looked a bit clueless as to the police presence as they drove by. He seemed to just be looking off into the distance until he saw a camera pointed at him, then he held up his sign. Doesn't seem wrong to me. And, it wasn't like he was giving a speech to his followers that he was leading. He was pretty much alone.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I don't like alot of what our government does ,but our government does do some things.......alot of things that are good. I often wonder that with the media the way it is now, with Fox news along with all the rest just making stories up and feeding it to us as truth if the same happens in reverse. Like this story for example. We have only this video to go on which has been edited to the creators point of view. What if the guy had been part of a group that protests for the sake of protesting. They are out there believe me I have met some.Then had been told numerous times to stay behind the curb and he ignored one too many times.Notice everyone else staying back.They have been video taping protest for years for training purposes and evidence in-case of law suits and court cases. I'm not saying what they did was right or wrong...just saying be open minded about something like this also.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I would be willing to bet that the "leader's" defense didn’t see this video.

Talk about damning! Any competent lawyer could get this man acquitted based on the obvious prejudice by the pig who ordered the arrest.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

Mesmerizing video footage, thanks. I guess that they could be 'herded' into just about any situation be it an abandoned building to transportation vehicles with this technique.

I would not want to live in the big city when it hits the fan. No matter what walk of life you are when good cops go bad they just don't differentiate.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
What if the guy had been part of a group that protests for the sake of protesting.

What if he had?

Is that illegal?

Then had been told numerous times to stay behind the curb and he ignored one too many times.

Note that constitution does not mention curbs.

Note also that it protects the right to assemble, but not the right to drive a vehicle. Unless the cars in the road he may have stepped into were being used to protest or otherwise peacefully assemble the man with sign trumped the car for right of way.

They have been video taping protest for years for training purposes and evidence in-case of law suits and court cases.

The pigs stated on camera that they had used previous videos to memorize the faces of protesters. What has that got to do with training?

The pig who remembered faces could also be heard directing the camera operator to get certain peoples faces, NOT their actions, on tape. What would the training use of faces be?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

This also has a lot to do with the power trip factor I think. Sometimes these guys feel like they have to "lay down the law" to make themselves feel better. they must be making up for lacking in other areas if you know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
They should be alarmed though that they are pissing off many combat experienced vets who remember the oath we took to protect the constitution and the American people.

The government just voted to take weapons from those very same vets.

American soldiers protect corporate interests not constitutions or American people,
no matter what bucket of horse crap they fed you through straw when you
are being sworn in.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This video is six years old and in my opinion this has only gotten worse.

I talked with this homeless guy once who told me and showed me the physical injury he received from a police officer for sleeping on a park bench. The cop put the heel of his boot into the mans ribcage so hard there was a severe bruise that looked like the heel of a boot.

Are homeless people that dangerous to wake up?

There are cameras everywhere. more often than not the cop that pulls you over will probably have a dashboard minicam on his car recording everything it can see you do or say.

Almoast everywhere there is a video camera watching you. Gas stations, office buildings, the library, banks (of course) the ATM ETC.

A person with enough access could put together quite a lot of daily information about a person without that person even being aware of it.

(now I need a tin foil hat)

The point of the video wasn't the riot, it was that the police are using more and more cameras to identify people in a crowd and collect information on those people.

It is not illegal to protest. At the end in the riot what was happening was that the police just wanted to clear the streets as fast as possible. "Protest over" Wrong? Yes it was wrong for the police to do.

Yes this country is growing worse and worse by leaps and bounds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join