It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: This is What A Police State Looks Like

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Star for your post. THis has got to be one of the scariest videos I have seen yet. You got to wonder just why they are taking all that video. Maybe they will use the footage to run digital face recognition against the Drivers license photos and find out just where these people are, so they can go get them when things start to go bad. It would be a lot easier to snatch them from their beds than take them down in a crowd like that.
Scary stuff here...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

I think the first guy taken down was an undercover guy..notice in the video when the cops are trying to get a closeup of the guy around the corner..the cops say they will show it to his PO and the other cop asks "Do you know them?? then the cop says Elias knows him very well"..well..the first guy taken down..his name is Elias. Re watch the video and you'll see it. ALSO Alex Jones has a video that shows that some of these guys are planted to cause violence then it gives an excuse to go after the true peaceful people.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Scary. Very Scary. Thumbs up for finding this!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

First off, I want you to watch this video.

Then I want you to watch this video

In the first one, do you believe those under cover cops were concerned about the safety of any of those protesters exercising there right to a peaceful protest, whether they be children or not.

The second video, I was there. With my 7 year old daughter. Giving her a real life look at what it means to believe in something and to show her that we, as citizens of Canada, have the right to protest peacfully. Now at that rally, there were about 10 uniformed police and about 3 dozen cops in riot gear. At a protest about saving a University! I and an elderly lady took a moment to ask them why they were there. There response:

"In case those black clad, professional protesters show up"

The lady replied:

"Do you see any here? These are concerned citizens not anarchists"

The cop:

" Well don't you remember the Atlantica protests a few years ago? We won't have that happen again."

I said:

"You realize that these two things are comparing apples and oranges don't you?"

The cop:

"Well, when your on the ground getting kicked and beaten, you'll be glad we are here"

Elderly lady:

" What are you talking about? Kicked and beaten at a rally to save a University? Really young man, you don't believe that do you?"

My reply:

"If I am on the ground being beaten at a protest, it's probably going to be you doing the beating, not the protesters"

At that point I walked away, while being video taped by the riot police for asking a question.

A lesson for my daughter in our rights and freedoms as she watched the exchange from about ten feet away with her grandma, an alumnus of the school in question.

edited to add: Section eight, do you think that makes me an irresponsible parent for giving my daughter a real lesson in freedom of expression?

[edit on 15-1-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'm floored!!!
I cannot believe the number of people defending the Pigs, er... I mean cop's actions. Be wary people... those condoning this type of use of force against innocent civilians exercising their Constitutional rights are likely to become pigs themselves, are already pigs and/or are being primed to become the Hitler's Youth movement of today. Apparently public indoctrination, er... I mean education has succeeded in conditioning them for the impending "We own you" society. You can expect them to don their brown shirts and armbands, slip on their jackboots and begin kicking down the doors of anybody who disagrees with their totalitarian mindset.
Scary, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
But where are the good cops who fight the system?

now there is a contrast in terms
who's gonna bite the hand that feeds ya .... LOL

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
edited to add: Section eight, do you think that makes me an irresponsible parent for giving my daughter a real lesson in freedom of expression?

I, for one, commend you. Nice lesson.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Iblis

Please read en.wikipedia.org...

A man supposedly acted irrationally, and as a punishment recieved 7 hollow point bullets to the back of the head.

At his inquest, we learn that he didn't even act erratically, but was the victim of poor police surveilance.

What if the police had shot him for "looking suspicious"?

Clearly rationality is subjective, so please refrain from using it in defence of the policement contravening the US constitution.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow
it is not illegal when you are on a public sidewalk or street in a "free speech" zone. READ THE US CONSTITUTION.

It has nothing to do with the constitution. It has to do with
the state, city or local ordinances which require a permit.
As there is no Federal city where you can protest. All of
them are presided over by local law since the city is in their
jurisdiction.

Minnesota NLG Letter Regarding Minneapolis "Free Speech" Ordinance

and Burlington Vermont is trying to pass local law that bans
public protest altogether around their courthouse.

City of the Banned

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
What we really have here is a contradiction between Federal law
and State (local) Law.

The Federal Constitution gives us the right to Free Speech
and the State takes it away for convenience.

Then you take it to the Supreme Court and they dismiss
the case. What a lovely free system we have.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonSays
It has nothing to do with the constitution. It has to do with
the state, city or local ordinances which require a permit.

Like I said, nowhere in the Constitution does it say "subject to state, city or local ordinances and permitting requirements."

It also doesn’t say that “people shall have the right to peacefully assemble unless they are blocking traffic, or unless they have been seen on video at a previous assembly of the same nature.”

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

Cavscout, find some federal land which is only under federal jurisdiction
and you can protest all you want. But you try to do it in a city which
have laws in place and then you go to jail. See my above post on
the contradiction of fed and state law. The Supreme Court will not
get involved in such matters so there will never be a resolution
to the contradiction. The constitution has been amended to. The
State laws supersede federal law in their own jurisdiction. That
means your right to protest by the constitution is only granted
if your State or local law allows it.

Nothing we can do about it unless you want to move to Antartica,
then you can make your own laws there.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonSays

Then by your logic a state can stop women and blacks from voting?

Can arrest you for no reason and search your home without a warrant?

And because it is not included in most local statutes, do we not really have the right to remain silent?

If you are correct and the amendments only pertain to federal land then why did several states refuse to sign the Constitution until the amendments, to include the one in question here, were included? After all, they didn’t apply to the states, right?

Remember that the SC will often NOT hear a case if the law is already clear. In this case it is clear; the constitution protects us against local laws and statutes that go against it.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Nothing we can do about it unless you want to move to Antartica,
then you can make your own laws there.

Just noticed that little gem.

Are you for real?

Maybe it is YOU who should think about forming your own republic if you don’t like the one set up by the Constitution.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

The State laws supersede federal law in their own jurisdiction. That
means your right to protest by the constitution is only granted
if your State or local law allows it.

Funny how when it comes to protesting, the State laws supercede federal law.

But when it comes to medical marijuana, federal law supercedes State law.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Yeah, these types will always pick and choose which law they want to follow, State or Constitution.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
These are the same people that hate the 2nd amendment! Per the federalist papers the 2nd amendment is there for when the government subverts the 1st.

Disturbing and anger inducing none the less.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tha stillz
These are the same people that hate the 2nd amendment!

WHO are the same people that hate the 2nd?

[edit on 15-1-2008 by cavscout]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
i think he meant the state goverments who set strict laws about protesting , free speech, and fredom of assembly. at least i hope thats what he ment . hopefuly he will comeback and clear that up.

edited for spelling.

[edit on 1/15/2008 by krill]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

Hippies - said that kind of jokingly, but it annoys me when they (hippies) call for gun control, which is pro-establishment, and not the path we (citizens of US) want to go down.

I understand why - it is percieved that gun control = less murders. I don't agree.

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join