It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: This is What A Police State Looks Like

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
i don't think it matters how old this footage is, the fact is because the way the police behave (have been told what to do) and also same goes for the media (by saying the police reacted to confrontations with the crowd - i saw no provocation from the crowd (sorry if those words are not exact but i think you'll get my drift)) shows the "rule with a rod of iron" at work quite blatently.

I live in the uk..the cctv capital of the world so i know what its like to live eat sleep and breath stealth dictatorship.

To sum up my comments *and* this video and many others like it, i think George Orwell summed it up brilliantly when he said and i qoute " if you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever".

However i dont think this can carry on forever, freedom seems to have a habit of raising its ugly head again and again - at least it probably seems this way to the wannabe masters of earth.

hope i haven't drivelled on too much in my drunken stupor.

Universal law rules *not* a few greedy human parasites.

peace and tranquility to *all* humans beings of earth.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tha stillz
Hippies - said that kind of jokingly, but it annoys me when they (hippies) call for gun control, which is pro-establishment, and not the path we (citizens of US) want to go down.

If you are referring to the protesters in the video you should get out more.

I have been to protests like these and I am no hippy, in fact I think you should be able to purchase a full-auto AK in the McDonalds drive through and an M1A1 down at the car dealer.

You will find that there are more than a few Libertarians and minarchists at these events and I am certain they support the ideal of the 2nd more than 99.9% of conservatives.

KILL YOUR TV

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

Yeah, I am kind of in a similar boat.

Raise your voice in opposition to our interventionist foreign policies and people assume you are some cartoon character liberal.

Well I guess I am arguably pretty liberal in my social views, but...

I don't think most liberals carry their NRA membership cards in their wallets next to their ACLU membership cards, I do

I can't be bothered to adhere to any kind of strict ideology, but I doubt I'd qualify as either "left" or "right" by most metrics...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
im not even allowed in my state to own a fire arm i have a mental disorder so im disallowed gun ownership, so i have armed my self with more archaic weaponry but at least im well armed but in a gunfight im preety skrewed.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
IMHO...

An apathetic nation is of more harm to itself than all the terrorism the rest of the world can throw at us. Ignorance is bliss until it costs you your freedom.

The fact that police are doing these things without questioning the actions they are taking is horrifying.

But I offer a question. It is not meant to offend, but I'm sure it will. If anyone knows or is an enforcement office, please respond. Here in AZ, I am told that the reason we are ruled by an iron fist is because a bunch of kids who grew up in dirty trailer parks are basically recruited by the law because they are easily moldable and have a grudge against the rest of the population. When you give undereducated people like this the power to govern us, bad things happen. Is this true? I've been out here for a matter of days so I wouldn't know for sure, but there sure is a lot of people being pulled over for going 5 miles over the speed limit and there are a lot of people dying in prisons from "falling out of their bunks."

But again, I ask, where are the good cops who will join the revolution instead of fight it?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
EDIT: I'm a silly double poster

[edit on 1/15/08 by SantaClaus]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
But again, I ask, where are the good cops who will join the revolution instead of fight it?

Doing the same thing the good soldiers are: waiting, watching, and keeping their mouth shut for now.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by cavscout]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout

Originally posted by SantaClaus

Doing the same thing the good soldiers are: waiting, watching, and keeping their mouth shut for now.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by cavscout]

Get real. Every veterans association is against the hippie wannabes who go around degrading the flag, and war memorials. There is no respect for them at all. There is also no revolution. They probably break out the beer and pretzels each time there is a good news event depicting the commie pinkos getting put down.
michellemalkin.com...

Real veterans know how to have a peaceful and legal demonstration. The anti-you-name-it freak in the video who ripped up the stolen flag probably got what was coming to him at a later date and time, his face was not covered.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This video is pretty crazy but sadly I wasn't too surprised during any of it. Local laws and constitutionality are one thing but I've noticed that they mean little when it comes down to action. Those in charge will always do what they want and the police will always follow orders regardless of whether or not what they are doing is right.

I understand that there are laws pertaining to who can or can't own a firearm, where you can protest, what you can wear and so on but when do we decide to rally against these laws as unconstitutional?

Here in NYC I can't own a firearm, I can't organize a protest without the proper authorization, I can't choose where to protest. When at a protest no one is allowed to cover their face or wear goggles to protect themselves. I can't put up posters or stickers where ever I want, I can't video tape or photograph police or military. When in the subway I have to consent to random checkpoint bag searches and am subject to constant surveillance. In certain areas I am also subject to military policing. I can go on for hours.

My point is that as a natural born American citizen I should be subject to no laws higher than the constitution, however, when I look around it seems as though the Constitution really has no bearing on my day to day life. If we, as true patriots, mean to protect the Constitution then where do we draw the line?

At what point do we decide that our nation has gone from the constitutional republic we love to a fascist dictatorship who dictates our everyday lives?

If you were to ask my opinion I would tell you that we've already crossed that line which is precisely why I find the actions of the police in that video rather expected.

When does revolution move from an extremist belief to a patriotic duty?

I'd really be interested in your opinions.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
Get real. Every veterans association is against the hippie wannabes who go around degrading the flag, and war memorials.

What are you on about? Can we stay on topic, there was no flag in the video.

michellemalkin.com...

Dude, I almost laughed Diet Coke out of my nose when I read your link!

This is where you get your talking points from? Michelle Malkin?

Sorry, no need to click. My nose burns now, but I dont need my chest to burn from throwing up.

Real veterans know how to have a peaceful and legal demonstration.

Real vets? And just what is a damn real vet? Are you a real vet.?

Let me tell you something you fox news watching armchair general, I was shot in Iraq and had a tendon severed durring an IED attack, two seperate occasions, two seperate Purple Hearts. I now have about 30% usage left on my dominate right hand, because I AM A REAL VETERAN.

I have as much or more right to be against this war then any American alive.

I had to watch children and friends die, right there in perwson not on my tv I shot a little girl in a car who ran a checkpoint and she haunts me every day and every night I cant even stand to be around my 3 little girls anymore because i see her face.

You make a trip to nevada or tell me where you are and we can discuss the finer points of being a real veteran face to face.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Your personal arguments are a cheap tactic to divert attention from the issues. Also attacking the source of a story is the same as real americans laughing at the name of Cindy Sheehan or Jane Fonda and dismissing the news source outright without investigation because their names are used.
That said, if you are who you say you are then I feel for ya, you lost more than physical abillities, your mental capacity is damaged as well. I can see where some take out the blame on the easiest target, which is their own people, because they are readily available to vent at. Vent away buddy if it does you any good because I can assure you it does me no harm.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

I had a post I would like you to look at earlier in the thread that you may have missed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There was also a question for you at the end of it. I am hoping you may take the time to look it over and respond.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

The govt. is damned if they do and damned if they don't in these situations. It is their responsibillity to provide protection. They would be negligent if they did not. Leaders would lose elections and lawsuits would prevail against them if they did not provide protection.
Also it only takes a handful of people to start an otherwise peaceful group of people to turn them into a mob. There are people trained to do this and there are people trained in preventive measures.
I do believe it was poor judgement to take your daughter to an event where riot police are dispatched but good judgement on your part to leave early with her.
The issue at any protest does not really determine its significance or danger level anymore, that is determined by who shows up. These professional protest groups spend millions each year and many manhours spamming college students to turn out. Most of these mass emailings do not have identities attached to them. It is their judgement alone which events they turn out for and which ones they will try to start trouble at. The normal people attending and the police have no control over that.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

Cavscout is not one of those guys who generally goes around beating people over the head with his military record to shut them up (and I have seen a couple on here). I've been on both sides of arguments with him and he doesn't resort to those kinds of cheap tactics.

You are the one who had the unmitigated arrogance to claim you know what "real vets" think.

Cavscout, being a "real vet" (wounded combat vet no less), took exception to this - gee, I wonder why?

So you accuse him of being brain damaged* because he disagrees with you.
Nice way to "support the troops" buddy

(*Isn't that an old Soviet tactic?)

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight

The govt. is damned if they do and damned if they don't in these situations. It is their responsibillity to provide protection. They would be negligent if they did not. Leaders would lose elections and lawsuits would prevail against them if they did not provide protection.

Thanks for the reply.

I do agree with you that they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. What i disagree with you on is the way that the people who are sworn to protect our rights decide when we get to express them. We have clear legal frameworks that tell us this. It isn't up to the police to decide that for us. In the video in the OP, the police take unprovoked action against protesters. Which is a violation of there right to peaceful demonstration. Now I will say that the video is edited to promote an agenda, that much is clear but I also provided you with a piece of evidence that shows that the police are willing to circumvent our rights to promote there own agenda.

Would you disagree with that?

I know I am Canadian and our laws are different from your country but we both have the right, not the privilege, the right to peaceful protest. It is enshrined in both your Constitution and our Charter of Rights. If protesters are the ones that are provoking violence than I agree, the police have the right to stop that violence. I don't agree with the police causing the violence to start with. There job isn't to incite a riot. It is to protect our rights.

As far as the protest that I attended, no one was told that riot police where to be there. This was the second of three protests, the first one had about 2 dozen uniformed police at it and no riot police so we had a reasonable expectation of the same. I wouldn't have brought my daughter to it had I known this. I don't need her to see what our police are becoming. She has a healthy respect for police officers which I instilled in her. I respect law enforcement who take there jobs seriously and believe in the rights of the people. I don't respect the police in both the OP's video and the one I posted. Those people don't deserve respect.

Remember,"I was just following orders" isn't a justifiable defence.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gingerly
reply to post by palehorse23

I think the first guy taken down was an undercover guy..notice in the video when the cops are trying to get a closeup of the guy around the corner..the cops say they will show it to his PO and the other cop asks "Do you know them?? then the cop says Elias knows him very well"..well..the first guy taken down..his name is Elias. Re watch the video and you'll see it. ALSO Alex Jones has a video that shows that some of these guys are planted to cause violence then it gives an excuse to go after the true peaceful people.

You know what freaks me out, my last name is Elias. So do I have to worry now that someone has my face on video and they will come and get me because of what I say on ATS? This is what I feel we will see very soon.
If that undercover thing is true, that makes me even more pissed off at this video. I guess our enforcers will do whatever it takes to silence people who do not agree with their agenda.

[edit on 1/15/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Its interesting how something is propaganda only if its supporting an opposing view. Just remember when you watch this video that it is propaganda, it was made to support one side of the issue, and anything that could support the other side is take out or left out. I'm not going to argue one side or the other here, but it is basically impossible to argue much sense all the information here (in the video or any context for the video) is completely left out. Now what you really need to argue your points (all sides) is a straight video about a subject, without editing or manipulation and then you can argue the facts. Arguing over something thats already biased with only limited context to view it in is pointless and goes no where.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It is possible for someone to be a "real veteran" and still disagree with you, without them being stupid or crazy. To suggest otherwise is not only petty and immature, but it is also a personal attack and therefore forbidden under our Terms and Conditions.

Let's be civil with one another from here on out and discuss facts and ideas rather than each other.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Wow, is it just me or did that lady sound completely baked when she narrated that video?
Anyway, while I'm against the police state and am all for protesting- we always have to remember that there are two sides to the story.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
To me it doesnt really matter. I think the government is right in doing so, so that they can study any truly anarchist elements and make sure that these kind of people dont do something terrible. Even if they do have you face from some demonstration they cant really do anything about it unless they see that you are a threat to public safety. A lot of crazy people stir up mobs with crazy ideas, I hope that such people are put away for sedition.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join