It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: This is What A Police State Looks Like

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Disturbing video for sure,shocking.

Usually in most things (media) there are questions that should be asked other than your own obvious reactions to it.

My questions that I thought of while watching....

How did she/they obtain police surveillance tapes?

Why did she say they (protesters) should of all had base ball bats in a voice thats suited for lulabies,when if you guys dont wish to have a police state,do not (especially on mass)bring weapons to protests.

Her voice was creepily calm for someone talking about pepper spaying babies etc for mine,as someone sort of said before mesmerizing,kind of like mind control along with the visual aids?

Could this video be an attempt at bringing in the very thing you wish doesn`t come?

Because some things seemed very odd,along with the police imo

So ..
Police Tape?
Call to violent protest?
Creepy over tones with it all along with Nazi pics?
To give them an excuse?
Did they (puppet masters for a NWO or police state) have a hand in this?

You know just thinking of the opposite of it, if I just believed it all from her/their`s perspective.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
this is nothing compared to the cameras in the UK. Same scenario, but the cops can do it all remotely. Here in the US, we'll see what that's like very soon.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
/looks to sig it applies here....

With that said, If you are going to protest try and contact your local militia groups for ARMED protection.

We start seeing a rise in CONSTITUTIONAL Militia's again and it will start to sway the balance of power, with that said every male citizen 17+ capable of service is Militia, So get your gun your gear know how to use them and be ready.

Now get off your arse go buy AR or an AK and learn to use them.

EVERYONE NOW no excuses do it.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by C0le]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Oh please, not that tired old BS, this was an interesting thread until that got trotted out. Will some never tire of flogging this dead horse? Even more annoying when they don't understand the actual usage and just make sweeping generalizations.

I'm not bringing up stumasons thread again - find it yourselves and try reading the truth instead of being blatantly sensationalist.

As for this vid - disturbing, but I'd like to see the whole thing instead of the narrators edited highlights.

Some posts in this thread have been just as disturbing - the repeated use of "pigs" shows a level of immaturity usually found on less well run sites.
Why sink to the level of those you want to critisize?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I know there were a hell load of pigs on scene there, but when that guy got taken down for no reason, the crowd should have just stormed the pigs to rescue him. That would shock the cr*p out of them wouldn't it, citizens actually sticking up for the constitution and their own.

Also maybe the crowd should take a pair of goggles and a bandanna to reduce the effects of the pepper spray. It may look silly but it's better than getting a face load of that stuff.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
'l.o.l' at obvious propaganda footage.

Lesson?
Don't try to bolt from cops when they've taken the time to single you out and talk to you, especially when you've all-ready espoused yourself to be aggressive and radical.

Being unpredictable, physically, around cops is not good, and if you think he didn't deserve that, you've got a few screws loose yourself.

And I like what the government is apparently not supposed to collect.

'I don't want them knowing that about me.'

What?
That.
You're attending a rather charged-up protest?
You don't want them to know that you, 'xxxxx', have shown your displeasure?

If you're not willing to stake your name on something and stand up for it, especially when the entire point is to be public and _noticed_, you're a fraud.

This is just propaganda.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iblis
'l.o.l' at obvious propaganda footage.

Lesson?
Don't try to bolt from cops when they've taken the time to single you out and talk to you, especially when you've all-ready espoused yourself to be aggressive and radical.

Are you suggesting that the man should have given up his cause and sat down without thought simply because the police told him to do so. Incidentally, i doubt that physically taking him down equates with what you call "talk to you".

Being unpredictable, physically, around cops is not good, and if you think he didn't deserve that, you've got a few screws loose yourself.

And yet, it is legal! Wow what a gaping error in the law!! Allowing someone to "behave unpredicably"!! [/sarcasm]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
is it right for them to be collecting video information on people who are merely exercising their First Amendment rights peacefully? What are they going to do with this information?

The police state not only exsists in a physical sense, but also in a virtual sense. Please check out H.R. 1955 and also do some research on Facebook.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
If I recall, bolting from cops is not 'listening to them'.
And, I apologize, I must've had my sound muted -- What exactly did the cops say to him? Did they say to sit down, go away?
Oh, yes.
You couldn't hear a single word.
All you know is that they targeted him for being a leader, and again, someone erratic and unpredictable.
And even if they did tell him to go away, good for them.
See how well he took that?
Clearly he was a time-bomb amongst the people.

Behave unpredictably when you're within a block of the President, when you're bolting in the middle of a conversation, etc?
Where should I be worried about the legality of that?
If an officer pulls you over, gets out of the car, talks to you, and you gun it in the middle of that conversation, is that legal?

Basic logic seems to escape the 'Bush sucks' crowd.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I have only read the first page of replies so far but my thoughts are this:

What would happen if these protestors had their own ghestapo force (clad in full riot gear) to stand in between the protestors and the pigs? If I was a leader of one of these groups, that's what I'd do. Plus, definitely have my own video cameras (with secure feeds of course).

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The Gestapo force is nothing more than the mercenary for hire they already have them in their budgets as private security forces. They are already here.

I never seen this video before, but it only show a fascits goverment preparing for an oppressing rule.

Cameras to track people so they can got after then later quietly.

This is a version of America that I am no familiar with, a version of America that our children and grandchildren will be growing into, an oppression government.

Still people in this board believe that this actions are ok and that govenrment has the right to do this in a nation that is for we the people.

This is what a corporate ruled government does to its people.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
You are either FREE or you are NOT FREE. There is no debate or varying philosophy. Free people can assemble and do what they please as long as they are not violating someone elses rights. If no individual is victimized no crime has been commited. Clearly this video just enforces the fact that we as People are not FREE.

I also think this is a trojan horse. The Police or "Someone" made this video. To keep otherwise passive people from joining the mobs by making them seem very extreme and dangerous and to increasingly radicalize those who already attend these rallies.

Careful what you watch...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Great find.

As always when watching a video about deteriorating rights I find myself most disgusted with the PR lackeys who sell their souls and broadcast lies to convince the rest of the populace that what the government did is right not vice versa. It sickens me to no end more than the cops themselves who perpetrate such a gross violation of civil rights. There is no accountability for those who sell their lies on such a mass scale. Their plastic faces with that smarmy smirk who sell such falsehoods and to them it's ok because it's just a job and they are providing for their family.

A cop is an individual who will have his hand in the physical act but the anchor is the person who forms the guilty party in the masses' eyes. Make me sick.

/pukes

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Iblis

Oh, so we're doing preemptive policing now too? "Sir, he didn't use his turn signal, I think I'll write him a reckless driving ticket because he seemed like he might have become reckless."

A guy holding a sign and showing it sarcastically to a bunch of cops in riot gear - who are video taping him and pointing at him - is not threatening.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I gotta say, the people arguing in the cops favor seem to be doing so in a biased matter. So here's a hypothetical situation for you guys:

Say this rally was pro-life. Obama is the new president. They are protesting him because of his pro-choice stance. Would you condone cameras, pepper spray, and batons to be used?

Would you feel easy about them pointing at you and zeroing in on your face with a video camera to remember your face? Would you feel safe about them doing that to your friends?

How would you feel if your mother was in the crowd and was pepper sprayed for just voicing her opinion?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This is why all you guys in the US need to vote for Ron Paul. Goverments needsa to be scaled back massively over there!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

Anyone who willfully brings a child to violence is a worse offender than the perpetrator of the violence, because it was easily avoidable and the child has no choice in the matter. There is no legal or moral ground to stand on to refute this.

So are we supposed to tell our kids when they question something that they cannot speak out against it or they will be manhandled and hauled of to jail? I think the blame lies in our current government. If they would only listen to the people istead iof doing the exact opposite, maybe we wouldn't need to protest or gather to show disapproval.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinhatman
I also think this is a trojan horse. The Police or "Someone" made this video. To keep otherwise passive people from joining the mobs by making them seem very extreme and dangerous and to increasingly radicalize those who already attend these rallies.

Careful what you watch...

I like the way you think!

I love how "logic" is now considered terrorism. Really though, I don't think 'they' have anything to worry about seeing as how the sheep are unable to wrap their minds around said logic anyways. The Congress voted 400 somethin' to 6 for that bill???? Hell, those fargin' iceholes have a nice little underground bunker to run to when all the poo hits the fan. Better us than them right?

Cowards!!!

Peace

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Iblis

If you notice, the bike cop rides past the guy wioth the sign and then turns around and comes back to throw him down. I highly doubt that they had a lengthy conversation. And where does it show that the guy bolted? He was in the same spot the whole time.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Its interesting but I agree with what a lot of people are saying here. But if I can be the devils advocate for a moment. Some people who go to these protest go for one reason and one reason only and that is to cause trouble or harm against others. You think for a second if one of these bad protesters whacked a cop and the cop kicked the crap out of him and it wasnt caught on video the guy hit the cop first the guy would sue and cost more of our tax dollars sighting assault.
Ok that was my devils advocate point of view now here is my other....

I see here in West Palm Beach that they are adding more cameras around the city and I find it disturbing. I mean if you want to put one in an area where there is a lot of crime and you want to lower the crime in that area I understand but these guys are putting them EVERYWHERE.....I guess I better get ready to have a microchip inplanted in me here soon.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join