It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: This is What A Police State Looks Like

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
The government just voted to take weapons from those very same vets.

I may be wrong but I think you are mistaken about the new victim disarmament bill that was signed into law.

If I am not mistaken it actually makes it easier for some veterans who have been declared mentally defective to have their rights restored.

apc

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Obliv_au

Well, it would be from a distance of course.

If they want to engage in electronic warfare, it can go both ways. I certainly wouldn't have granted them permission to videotape me, so their intrusion is unwelcome. As I would not be within my right to reach across and smash the camera into their snout-nosed face, a little red beam could probably get the job done.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
I wonder if a few laser pointers strapped together would effectively disable the image sensor in the cops' cameras. Try to keep it out of their eyes of course.

But don't try too hard.

Yeah, what a shame that would be if Mr. Piggy got an eyeful of something that he hadn't counted on!! There are flash units I have seen that deliver a blast of light so bright that it would stop vision for a few minutes..hmmm..there must be all kinds of things that can be used to even the playing field or take the opposing side out of action for a while without doing any permnent damage..worth ' looking into ' !!

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86
"Yeah, what a shame that would be if Mr. Piggy got an eyeful of something that he hadn't counted on!!"

Yeah then Piggy pulls out his 9 and and lays you down.

So what to do?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
From what I saw and heard on the video,
this was no ordinary demonstration.
The elected President of the US was in that hotel
on the same block. With that in mind, this becomes
a National Security issue. Any one of those demonstrators
could have a back pack bomb which could do lots
of damage to the building or maybe chemical or
biological weapon. So there was good reason for the
heightened security around the area.

And last time I checked, most cities have laws or ordinances
in place that prohibit mass gatherings without a permit.
If you want a demonstration, then you have to apply
for a permit to do so. If your permit is denied, then you try
again for another date as you may be rejected for your
permit due to ..... oh say a president is using the location
at the same time you want to demonstrate.

By no means am I condoning what happened in that
video. I just mean there are peaceful ways to protest.
But forcing your way into a city street where a national leader
is having a meeting is no different than marching into
the White House to get your opinion expressed. White House
Security will tend to stop you. The police were doing the same
thing in this video in my opinion.

There is a time and place for almost everything, except
these demonstrators picked the wrong time and place
while the President was in the hotel as security is always
a lot tighter when a national leader is present. That factor
needs to be interjected into how you watch this video.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

with Fox news along with all the rest just making stories up and feeding it to us as truth

Yeah make stuff up...mostly what they do is leave stuff out. The news in America has been canceled as far as tv goes....I remember a few months back when 6 nukes went missing and turned up in Louisiana, and also something about a mig flying into Alaskan airspace, plus the wars in the mid east that we are in, and the laundry list of corruption and scandel plaguing the executive branch all going on that day for the news to report, but guess what is on the news channels: Fox: right wingers tripping over themselves to argue if Anna Nicole Smith story was appropriate or not CNN: Paris Hilton in and out of jail MSNBC: Paris hilton CNNheadlines (used to be around the clock news now seldom ever even has any news on): shopping mall rapist, and Paris Hilton ETC etc.... They don't make these stories up, they find the most sensational ones possible like a star who goes to jail, or Britney photographed coming out of a bar after last call....or the worst stund they love to do most is finding the most groosome crime committed in the country and then run over and over and over again for days! Meanwhile reality happens and goes largely unreported....can't report the days news when were too busy talking about Britney, Paris, or Anna Nicole....it's sickening, and then Bush now is over in the Mideast lecturing people on how to keep their press free and run a democracy. What a stage show!

apc

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonSays

If that is a factor at all. I didn't see it stated anywhere the protest was illegally organized. It looked pretty legit to me. I imagine if the protesters had no right to be there, the cops would have broken it up immediately instead of going around videotaping everyone.

I think most protesters are douchebags just wasting their time, but they still have the right.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

Yes. If you notice, there are baracades set up which tells me the police new this demo was going to happen.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
That was awesome video. From now on I am no longer going to hang up on police donation solicitations because I see they are actually doing a good job and making a difference. Thanks for this video.
Oh and btw, what kind of a parent brings their kid to a police line at a demonstration where they know it only takes one crackpot to incite violence. What a bunch of losers, they should all have their children taken away from them and be permanantly rendered sterile.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by SectionEight]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Portland is the most dangerous place I've ever lived. I owned a business there 22 years ago. I had to take my Secretary home everyday due to how dangerous the streets were. I was mugged right in front of a Bank Guard while he stood by and did nothing to help. I won of course

Then driving downtown I was caught in the middle of riots by the homeless and nearly killed by the bricks and bottles they were throwing.

Dozens of Hookers hung out in front of our building and would not go away. The local Health Dept. said 50% plus had AIDS.

Drugs were dealt openly in Rose Park.

While dropping off my Secretary 3 people were killed a block away and I had to run a blockade of Bloods to save my own life.

Three Skinheads terrorized a C-Store full of people I was in and held us hostage briefly.

My car was stolen out of a security lot with a 6 foot chain link fence and a locked gate. The kid who did it walked for joyriding and became an NFL Player. He left his application to a couple of Universities in my front seat. I informed them he was a car thief and they gave him a Scholarship anyway.

I was beaten half to death in a logging town a few miles from there because I was with some friends in a van with California plates. My crime? I pulled over in a parking lot. 18 loggers beat us senseless and they even dislocated one persons knee. They ruptured both my eardrums. The Sheriff refused to file a report and said "we deserved it for having California plates". The van was a rental.

The Government was the most corrupt anyone could imagine. The Mayor was sued so many times they could barely afford him and he hung out with self admitted KKK members.

I watched two Police Officers mug a Newlywed Couple out my window and torture them for 3 hours. Why? They had out of state plates and a broken turn signal. The City settled out of court for $250,000 and the Cop's were back on the street in less than three days even though there were multiple eyewitnesses.

A Sheriffs Deputy jacked me up in front of my business and threatened me because he said my business was interfering with his business. He threatened to "destroy me" if I did not shut down. A Sheriff I knew from another County interceded and saved me.

I only lived there one year. I won't even take a flight that stops in Portland since then.

That city is full of crazy violent people and the Cops are the most corrupt I've ever seen; and I attended a University in LA in the early 70's

Thanks for posting. I've needed to rant about that for a while.

[edit on 1/14/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

are you kidding me you acthuly condone what was shown in that video? and you know what if it was a peacfull protest they had every right to have there children there with them to show them how you use your constitutional rights.
and if any of them where hurt id suggest using your right to sue the living hell out of the police, and each individual cop that can be proven to have taken part in the abuse of power and bully tactics.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by krill

are you kidding me you acthuly condone what was shown in that video? and you know what if it was a peacfull protest they had every right to have there children there with them to show them how you use your constitutional rights.
and if any of them where hurt id suggest using your right to sue the living hell out of the police, and each individual cop that can be proven to have taken part in the abuse of power and bully tactics.

I am not kidding you at all. I would be negligent to take my child to a police front line barracade where a reasonable expectation of violence is expected to break out at any moment for reasons beyond my control.
Anyone who willfully brings a child to violence is a worse offender than the perpetrator of the violence, because it was easily avoidable and the child has no choice in the matter. There is no legal or moral ground to stand on to refute this.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

thats just shamefull, i stand by what i said and its painfully appereant to me that you and i will just never agree .

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   

thats just shamefull, i stand by what i said and its painfully appereant to me that you and i will just never agree .

Yes it is shameful that they brought children there. I hope the state goes after each and every one of them and puts them poor children in homes where people actually care for their well being.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Is it out of the realm of possibility that it will be sooner than later that we will need to fight back? The reason camps happen is because people don't realize early enough that they have the number overwhelmingly on their side, so they can stop it before it begins. Are militias more or less likely with the state of apathy most people in this country possess?

Of course, I probably just broke the "homegrown terrorism" law that is about to be passed. Everywhere the police are growing in numbers. But where are the good cops who fight the system?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
Is it out of the realm of possibility that it will be sooner than later that we will need to fight back? The reason camps happen is because people don't realize early enough that they have the number overwhelmingly on their side, so they can stop it before it begins. Are militias more or less likely with the state of apathy most people in this country possess?

Of course, I probably just broke the "homegrown terrorism" law that is about to be passed. Everywhere the police are growing in numbers. But where are the good cops who fight the system?

Guess what???
When some young dissident at some leftwing good for nothing campus finally convinces young gullible people with no guns to revolt, 99% of America will sit back in their easy chairs watching cable TV and laugh their asses off while they are hauled away to jail. We will even elect officials on the promise to do more of the same. Go dream your dream, it will never happen in America.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight

I am not kidding you at all. I would be negligent to take my child to a police front line barracade where a reasonable expectation of violence is expected to break out at any moment for reasons beyond my control.
Anyone who willfully brings a child to violence is a worse offender than the perpetrator of the violence, because it was easily avoidable and the child has no choice in the matter. There is no legal or moral ground to stand on to refute this.

That's amazing. I've protested before, and never once had the expectation of riots breaking out. Each time it was a peaceful expression of my constitutional rights. I would think the exercise in free speech is worth showing children. People don't protest with an expectation of getting doused with chemicals, or beaten with sticks or pistol whipped. That even in Portland was the exception to the rule. To me the nuttiness sir, is in finding fault with the victims who were just being patriotic Americans willing to step out of the house, and stop for one moment watching Oprah, and Idol, and express their voices...Now that is something to Celebrate!!! Nope, the fault is with the police there that were overly eager to bugger up the poor unarmed citizens who were being peaceful.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

99% in the figment of your imagine of what America is. I bet I've read through at least 10,000 posts on these boards, and that one takes the prize for stupidest go with the flow toe the party line bunch of spew I've ever looked at. You don't really believe this stuff do you? If you moved the percentage down a bit to oh say....about 23% or so (the same percentage that still think the sun rises every morning in George Bush's arse) then perhaps one could look at your post and scratch the head thinking "you know he might be onto something here"....

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

If you are a responsible parent you would find out if the rally you are going to is legal before attending, and the mood of the scene before getting out of your car. The constitution does not exist in order for you to knowingly place your child in harms way. That is clear negligence and any court of law would uphold that.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow

99% in the figment of your imagine of what America is. I bet I've read through at least 10,000 posts on these boards, and that one takes the prize for stupidest go with the flow toe the party line bunch of spew I've ever looked at. You don't really believe this stuff do you? If you moved the percentage down a bit to oh say....about 23% or so (the same percentage that still think the sun rises every morning in George Bush's arse) then perhaps one could look at your post and scratch the head thinking "you know he might be onto something here"....

No, people are content to sit in their easy chairs and watch dumbasses get hauled off to jail. It has nothing to do with political association, it is Americanization.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join