It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Just wanted to share the news youtube link I found regarding a sight in San Diego on 1/1/08 ufovideo.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
In Stephenville, TX...

We just had U.S fighter jets fly very low at a high rate of speed rattling the building then another fly by shortly afterwards.

We are seeing and hearing U.S military jet aircrafts all day which is unusual.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DaggerJack

Thanks DaggerJack and I noticed your new so welcome to ATS, please keep us informed since we dont believe the news media that much, ok.
We will be looking forward to hearing from you,
gwhint

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DaggerJack

DaggerJack,
Try taking a digital picture of the jets flying overhead.
If you need help putting them here on this thread, we can
help with that. Just upload.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

Hey Riposte,

Like it or not Stephenville, Texas is now on the map.
All they need now is debris field nearby.
A couple of guys wearing black suits (MIB)s would help out.
I found Stephenville,TX on Google Earth. It looks like a nice
small town. It's not that far from Austin, TX.
Admiral Bobby Ray Inman (Ret.) lives in Austin, TX.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mcbeel

Good information, thanks. This fits in with the Bakersfield sighting and perhaps a couple of others.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaggerJack
In Stephenville, TX...

We just had U.S fighter jets fly very low at a high rate of speed rattling the building then another fly by shortly afterwards.

We are seeing and hearing U.S military jet aircrafts all day which is unusual.

Since you are new, I know you can't U2U yet. Just wondering if I might know you since I live here too.

I heard a couple of loud jets today too from inside the house. I didn't bother to go outside and look. There was a lot of cloud cover today so I didn't see much in the sky.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindless
I have a hard time believing anywhere in the US people dont have cameras video and internet .

This is not to criticize and I just picked it out of the large number of such comments.

My Wife is a Professional Photographer and even though my interest are as a hobby I may be more advanced than her. We have excellent equipment and update it about every three years.

If a UFO flew over my head right now I could not take a picture. Why? All of our equipment is in cases at home. No camera capable of good photos of fast moving objects (in low light) will fit in a persons pocket or a glove-box in a car or a desk drawer. When I put an SLR and a good lens in my hand to take an action shot in low light; I'm holding 7 to 15 thousand dollars in my hand. Cell-phone cameras and pocket cameras would only be capable of the same unidentifiable stuff we see here every day almost.

Having said the above, multiple witnesses with similar descriptions in this case is more believable than a poor quality picture of some dots that are presumed to be lights in a night sky. I'm normally a Skeptic about individual reports but to dismiss this one out of hand would make me what people think some of us are; a purposeful Debunker. Which I am not.

[edit on 1/15/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
While we are talking Air Force, let's talk Reserve Major Karl Lewis. He's the ignoramus who said the sightings were 'reflections off of commercial airliners"
If you would like to tell Reserve Major Lewis how stupid his statement is and how stupid all Air Force employees look to the public because of his ignorant remarks, you may do so at the following email address:
[email protected]. I assure you, this is his real address.

Just because he works for Air Force Public Affairs is no excuse for opening his piehole to talk about something HE DID NOT SEE!

BE POLITE. No profanity or it will automatically be filtered by the AF central servers.

Rainman

reply to post by stellawayten

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AFRLPT

AFRLPT,

Don't be too hard on him. He's just doing his job. Muddy the water.
He had to come up with something. Usually they say it's the
planet Venus or swamp gas. Thanks to you he will just be
clicking the "Delete All" icon.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Whoa, on the Yahoo Canada site it now says this by the little tab for the story:

UFO sightings signal apocalypse: Texans

And when you click it, the main story window then says:

'People wonder what it is'
UFO sightings spark talk of 'end of times' in Bible Belt.

Nothing like making a story sound..... more insane.
Where was that thread on Yahoo and the Haiti UFO hoax again....

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

I live in Ohio, but I visited my grandma in Arizona.. I thought the whole "Big Sky Country" was just some sort of stupid saying, but they aren't lying, the sky seems infinite there. I sat outside at night just looking up at the sky. You really get a good perspective as to how big the sky really is there.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
10 helicopters were seen surrounding it

I got that from 2 witness reports on ufoinfo.com

Thats astonishing considering that this was all in front of everyones eyes below. This is a big deal seeing as how we can rule out that this was a military craft! Leaving little to the imagination about what this is...in my eyes at least

I always watch the skies anyway...but unfortunately I don't live in Texas...that would have been quite remarkable to see!

[edit on 15-1-2008 by dj05544]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Is there no video, or even a picture of the lights or object seen during this sighting? If not yet, surely someone took some kind of photo and it will show up in a few hours or days. I hope so!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
"Innocent until proven Guilty" or "Unknown until proven Known"......Circumstantial evidence is a collection of facts that, when considered together, can be used to infer a conclusion about something unknown. Circumstantial evidence is usually a theory, supported by a significant quantity of corroborating evidence.
If a witness testifies that the defendant was seen entering a house, then screaming was heard, then the defendant was seen leaving, carrying a bloody knife, that is circumstantial evidence; if a witness testifies that the defendant was seen actually stabbing the victim, that is direct evidence.
In the "Texas UFO" case, we should let MUFON do their work, present the evidence, and then go from there. At this point, it appears that we do not have enough corroborating evidence (descriptions of what was possibly seen varies amongst witnesses) which is needed to have circumstantial or direct evidence. But then, who's to say that what they "may" have seen did not change shape from time to time or was it possibly multiple objects?.....we simply do not know as we were not there. Regardless, in the court of "public perception" more info is needed before anyone should could close to a possible conclusion. In cases similar to this, we must avoid "tainting the jury (public perception)"....let's hear/see the evidence first before making assumptions.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by Mindless
I have a hard time believing anywhere in the US people dont have cameras video and internet .

If a UFO flew over my head right now I could not take a picture. Why? All of our equipment is in cases at home. No camera capable of good photos of fast moving objects (in low light) will fit in a persons pocket or a glove-box in a car or a desk drawer. When I put an SLR and a good lens in my hand to take an action shot in low light; I'm holding 7 to 15 thousand dollars in my hand. Cell-phone cameras and pocket cameras would only be capable of the same unidentifiable stuff we see here every day almost.

[edit on 1/15/2008 by Blaine91555]

Nearly everyone in the US has a cell phone with a camera in it nowadays. However, like you said the photos wouldn't be top quality.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
First video friends (assuming this user submitted video is related).

At the bottom (article was updated):

www.nbc5i.com...

Hopefully the first of many (of hopefully higher quality)...

Mapquest of Stephenville to ~Alvarado (where the video was shot) shows it being just over an hour and ten minutes away drive-wise.

Note that the primary witness that's been seen on the news said it was headed east after he saw it with jets, and "just south of Alvarado" is east-ish of Stephenville.

I heard there was a blimp in town for a football game. Can anyone look into this and/or rule out the above video if it's a blimp?

[edit on 16-1-2008 by AkumaStreak]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
An excerpt from this article:

On Dec. 11 — more than a month ago — a Scottish writer and evangelist wrote exactly what would happen.

Catherine Brown, 43 and a mother of four, wrote about a heavenly vision predicting a "stunning star" over Texas that would make "front-line news."

I’m not kidding.

She posted this last month to the Web site for Elijah List Ministries, an Oregon-based publishing house that seems like sort of a clearinghouse for end-of-the-world religious prophecy:

"I see Texas ablaze and a stunning star, like the star from the East rising over the land. I hear the Spirit of the Lord saying to: 'Watch for cosmic signs and wonders in Texas.'

"He said there will be a cosmological phenomenon that scientists cannot explain, and the media will carry as front-line news.

"People will begin to ask about 'the Light.' ... For a period of four months -- from Christmas to Easter -- there will be a window of opportunity for salvations, signs, healings and wonders in Texas."

Brown has never seen Texas in her life, she said Tuesday by phone from her office at Gatekeepers Global Ministries in Ayrshire, Scotland.

"I saw this huge light over Texas," she said "It was actually just a short vision. When I saw the news today, I thought — how interesting."

In 2003, she predicted a rare earthquake in the Netherlands.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

The size descriptions, the whole lights changing formation/configuration bit, and the light descriptions in general seems to remind me a lot of Miss Blackburn's video a while back.

If this is gov't, I'd like to think they'd announce something soon (I suppose this might not happen until they had to, though).

The whole 3,000 mph thing kinda complicates things though, if you want to believe that (how could anyone estimate the speed of something going that fast, even ballpark?). If that's true this puppy could traverse across the whole US in about an hour, and maybe more people will have a chance to witness it :-)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I went loking for more information and found this link
www.disclose.tv...

I might be all wet here, but they show a photo not terribly far in, that shows "A" UFO, but I dont think its the right one. For one its in daylight.

And I couldn't help but thinking, that for CNN International, it seems a bit odd to show a picture of a UFO on a UFO story, wether its fake, or real ( or a photo of something else, since the UFO in this story appears to be a blimp, or could be explained off as one.) And not identify it as a facsimile or Contend that its a real photo. I see it all the time with trivial segments.

It just seems as though they want you to think its the real one, and leave it vague. Had I not seen this thread before I found the video, I might have assumed that the photo was real, and it was a blimp, and you guys are koo koo for Cocoa Puffs.

Just seems mildly annoying off CNN...International.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join