It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
i dont know how to post a link, but here is the link for Catherine browns predictions. What is more interesting is her predictions about Nigeria that followed the Texas one, (by date) Sorry and maybe some one can correct this link?

www.elijahlist.com...

Jason
Nevermind, it's correct. second prediction, on 11/11

[edit on 16-1-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kthulu

kthulu, if i understand correctly, you are talking about the image (around 28 seconds in) where it shows a street light (it's hard to tell at first that the light lamp is connected to the pole, hehe). the video is interesting for sure though. we are seeing ufos all over now with ufos on the brain, eh!? :-)

[edit on 16-1-2008 by AkumaStreak]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

Yes, thats it. You never hear them say"this is a recreation" or "This is the real deal, heres the UFO."
I'm glad you were able to find it. I hadn't thought of it as a lamppost, good call.
It looks like what I would think of as a Blimp.

I don't know why we're seeing so much upheaval in UFOs lately. Maybe its the media, or the technology. I say Media because its almost "fun" to have a News story about UFOs. Oh, how I live for showing the story and then watching the reporters at the end. Will you justify it? Defend it? Or will you offer a witty little joke at the expense of the witnessses and then end it with a smile that reminds me of Linkletters smile when "Kids say the Darndest Things..."
I say technology because With 7 Megapixel cameras at the a low cost, and video cams so much cheaper than theyve ever been Seeing something in the air and capturing it seems very easy. And the afterbirth of that has been CGI claiming the level it has. Where it used to be a Pro job, now anybody can do it that doesnt mind spending several hours reading a book, and twice that on trial and error.

Okay, no more tricking me into hijacking this thread....

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I found it of all places...
on Digg

I go there everyday, I guess I missed this one somehow.
Oh well, its Dugg now.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by kthulu]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Very interesting story.

What i also find interesting is this sentence wich seems to be popping up everywhere eachtime. "at a high rate of speed" Exactly those words to discribe something. This is police jargon, yes ?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
ABC News/Good Morning America has coverage this morning. Will be interesting to see.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I heard about this on the news last night, Fox no less. Supposedly there is someone in the community offering a couple thousand dollar reward for anyone who was able to capture photos of this "UFO". It's fascinating how a WHOLE town was able to see the same exact thing and they all agree'd that it was something completely unusual.
wether it is alien or man made is yet to be revealed.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dj05544
...This is a big deal seeing as how we can rule out that this was a military craft! Leaving little to the imagination about what this is...in my eyes at least

[edit on 15-1-2008 by dj05544]

Hi there,

I'm not sure how any of us here can categorically rule out the military craft option. After all, if it was military do we expect them to just come out and say so? Yes, I know some have argued that there is no way the military would test a secret craft over a populated area, but considering that reverse psychology is not without its merits I wouldn't put anything past them. So I was just wondering what's the basis of your statement that "we can rule out that this was a military craft"?

BTW I enjoy your avatar. Beats me how on earth you've been allowed to keep it posted here but whatever...

Mike

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
I don't know if this is related but I just saw a weird emergency broadcast ticker on the tv... nbc. It said it was a test for the dfw area. I have NEVER seen this before.

Even if it's purely coincidental I find that just a little scary. And I'm not a great believer in coincidences of this scale anyway. Could you possibly give us a little more detail, like exactly what was the wording? From where I live I have no way to access this info direct.

Thanks.

Mike

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Wow this is fascinating, and with me believing in what I believe in that ladies predictions are just so out of this world and real. Sort of makes you wonder really.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Here is an article with information on MUFON interviewing witnesses in the near future:

UFO team asks if the truth is out there - in Stephenville

..."I've received more phone calls on this than on anything else in the past 15 years," said Kenneth Cherry of Keller, director of the UFO network's Texas chapter. "Normally we send one person to investigate a sighting. For this one, we are sending four or five investigators."

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
What do you do when there are no pics or vids available? Animate!

January 5, 2000 there was a large (est. 550 ft.) UFO over Illinois which was witness by 4 extremely credible police officers as well as at least 2 civilians. Problem was...only one fuzzy polaroid.

www.ufoevidence.org...

The Discovery Channel did an investigation and ran a documentary on this using animation provided by Sigma Animations.

www.nidsci.org...

It was very well done! You can see this footage on youtube.

UFO Over Southern Illinois - Part 2 of 5

Maybe this is what we need in Texas. Hey CGI...anyone busy today?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I am quite surprised at the amount of coverage on this sighting. I believe it has even surpassed the Chicago O' Hare incident. When you throw in pilots and public officials it tends to give the story more credibility. A pilot would be better at evaluating something they see in the air. A public official making a statement (like this sheriff) is risking ridicule and possibly their employment.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by on_yur_6]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Artreyus

How condescending is this?
If I was one of the people who had reported this I would be downright insulted!

Just think how insulted MAJOR Jesse Marcel was when he had to hold up a pathetic looking weather balloon to explain a crashed ufo.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jainatorres
It was a chinese party lantern..they have been known to fly in formation on the gulf stream and appear to be solid, but its just a trick of the eye

Originally posted by Symp EL
STEPHENVILLE, Texas - In this farming community where nightfall usually brings clear, starry skies, residents are abuzz over reported sightings of what many believe is a UFO.

Several dozen people — including a pilot, county constable and business owners — insist they have seen a large silent object with bright lights flying low and fast. Some reported seeing fighter jets chasing it.

full story

lol, another fly-by debunking.

I swear, I think you debunkers are getting more knee-jerky than the believers.

Read the story, or if it's easier for your fly-by style, just watch the video? More than one eyewitness reports the lights moving about the object in sequence. Umm... Lanterns don't do that, buddy

Now, go 'Swamp Gas' and 'Weather Balloon' some other thread.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I can't help but notice how the amount of UFO reports in mainstream media is increasing. Perhaps the government is allowing the stories to be released to set up a phony UFO attack/invasion. It seems that in the past reportings of any sightings were surpressed.

Benjamin Fulford on his website writes:
"They say there may be other surprises, possibly including a fake UFO invasion that Henry Kissinger hinted at during the 1991 Bilderberg meeting."

Following September 11th the government was able to use our paranoia to enact changes in laws and to reduce our liberties. Obviously the fear of the general populace after a UFO attack would allow the government to once again take whatever actions they pleased under the cover of emergency response actions.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

I was thinking the same in reference to the O'Hare exposure, maybe it is time for the Springinator and Team ATS to go investigate as well....

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Funny you should say that. I just had breakfast with Sir Springer and we tossed a few ideas around regarding this current sighting.

Funny thing is, with all that we are doing now, this sighting couldn't have come at a better time.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
Funny you should say that. I just had breakfast with Sir Springer and we tossed a few ideas around regarding this current sighting.

I was there
Like a fly on the wall?

Nothing like bourbon & coffee to get the ideation mojo started

It would be interesting to interview the witnesses, maybe scare up some yet to be found evidence, MUFON sending five?

I think ATS can do better

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Here's another CNN video on this:

CNN Link

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join