It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
all the sightings of this type are most positively either unmanned military surveillance drones (testing, in this case stealth, in semi to populated areas is akin to a clinical trial in the military) and/or the new dirigibles Lockheed has been working on for years now, the ones that resemble black triangles, sizes range from 1000 feet end to end to ones the size of a mini-van (which ive seen like 100 feet above my head at night in NJ)....so i would dissagree with anyone that they are alien in nature.

Aliens have no need of aircraft lights outside the fuselage for any reason....kinda silly for anyone to think they would.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

It was really strange. It was a black ticker with white lettering. It was at the top of the screen but not all the way at the top. I would say about six inches down or so. It went by really fast. It had a couple of those beeps and said something like there will be a test of the... I can't remember exactly what system it said but it said for dfw and tarrant county at 3:26 p.m. (not exactly sure the exact time.)

It just went across the screen one time. And it went by very fast.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by blueyedevil666

what if it isn't lights powered by energy but rather a reflection.... sort of like a cats eyes. just a thought.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
There's two threads going with this story, at the same time...
So I posted the same comment in this thread too.

The Texas UFO story was on the Today's Show this morning.
I was surprised when Matt Lauer said something like this,
"You would have to be foolish to think that we *Are Alone*, in
the universe" Way to Go Matt, it's about Time!
Ann Curry said, "She would go up to a UFO and offer them a twinkie or something."
As far as jets trying to get UFO's out of neighborhoods......
I believe this is true. I don't know an F-15 from an F-16.
I have seen jets when UFO's were in the area tho.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

Here is a CNN video link to that report, I was going to make this post my self, but glad I did not. I skipt from page 1 to 9 incase people say they posted this link already.

Also to add, it says the military deny it, yeah like they would say they have them, does the presedent know where the money is being spent?

[edit on 16-1-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

Hmmm... As they only ran it once it then becomes a matter of conjecture as to whether they were supposed to have run it at all, or alternatively it was a try-out to see if anyone noticed. Well -- you noticed, but I mean if they had any viewers who actually called the station to ask "What was that weird message thing all about?"

I'm making an assumption here, but shouldn't such an "emergency" message be broadcast on all stations at the same time? Wonder if it was?

This could be a totally non-related event but like I said it's a bit scary...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueyedevil666
all the sightings of this type are most positively either unmanned military surveillance drones (testing, in this case stealth, in semi to populated areas is akin to a clinical trial in the military) and/or the new dirigibles Lockheed has been working on for years now, the ones that resemble black triangles, sizes range from 1000 feet end to end to ones the size of a mini-van (which ive seen like 100 feet above my head at night in NJ)....so i would dissagree with anyone that they are alien in nature.

Aliens have no need of aircraft lights outside the fuselage for any reason....kinda silly for anyone to think they would.

1. You can not positively say what it was. You were not even a witness of the event. I to believe a lot of what we see in the skies is military but to say you know what it is just because you have an opinion is wrong. Noboy here knows what it is flying around in Texas. we don't even have a picture of it yet.

2. Lights could be used for things other than anti-collision. Possibly communications, or the residual effects due to the propulsion system being utilized.

We cannot say for certain anything regarding the vast majority of sightings. They are unidentified flying objects. Who really knows where the craft originate from. All of us are hoping for hard proof to finally determine where these craft are originating from. Like I said I also believe a lot of the sightings are craft that we have manufactured. But how do we then account for so many sightings when our aircraft had piston engines?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

blueyedevil666,

I would agree that it may be a military craft of some type, but to make the assumption that "aliens have no need of aircraft lights....." is kinda silly as well. Again, who's to say how and what an "alien" craft should look like or how they should think in terms of needs (assuming there are aliens....we still do not know this to be a fact)? Should all alien craft not have a need for aircraft lights? Just wondering.....

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

If I can help in any way please let me know.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hi everyone!

I'm new member, but I've been hanging in the background reading news and posts and threads... All sort of things really.

I'm from Finland and I decided to register here now, because I want you guys to know that this texas ufo incident is also been reported at finnish news site called iltalehti. Sure, it cannot be compared news sites like reuter, but it doesn't publish any "crap", so to speak, and it's quite reliable too...

So here's the link LINK.

It's in finnish as you can see, but I'll translate it for you.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Topic: "UFO sighting agitates people in Texas"

In the United States several people including police officers have reported a UFO sighting. Dozens of people in town called Stephenvill have whitnessed that they saw a large and quiet object that was flying low altitude.

People are wondering what on earth is happening in here. Sighting area is so called 'bible-zone', so everyone is afraid that world would came to an end - Steve Allen told.

According to authorities there's a logical explanation to the sighting (as always
), but they haven't figured it out just yet. One theory is that the sighting is just a optical illusion, which was caused by two airplanes.

- I'm happy that other people saw it too, because it prooves that I'm not crazy - stated Ricky Sorrells, man who saw this huge metallic object hovering over the field behind his house.

Yearly there's over 200 raported UFO sightings in the US. Thoroughly about 14% of americans say that they've seen a UFO in their life.
--------------------------------------------------------------

So that's it basically... I hope I didn't make too bad/many translation-errors...

I think there's lot going on what we don't know about... At first when I stepped into this "world" (= UFO's, conspiracies, Nibiru, spirits and other things), I thought that these things are so out from this world that simply I didn't want to believe, in other word I was in denial. But I kept reading, exploring and studying these things, and now my opinion is very opposite, I "believe" (if this is the word we can use, you know).

Anyways, that's just what I have in mind. I feel a bit tired, because of my real studies(engineering @ university of applied sciences), so there might be some faults in my text.. Please forgive me that.

P.S. I would appreciate if you could tell me what kind of faults you found from my text.. I want to be a better writer

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

To state categorically that "all" such sightings are "most positively" due to any particular cause is frankly such a sweeping statement that I find it unsupportable. The vast majority of them may well be what you say, but even so, that's not the same as "all".

As for your statements about aliens' needs: assuming we are talking about extra-terrestrials, how would you or I have any idea what they might consider needful? Lights can serve a variety of functions in our own cultures; what purposes they might serve for aliens are purely conjectural, so far from it being "kinda silly" to think that they might have some need for them, it's actually perfectly reasonable and to think otherwise is to make assumptions which border on the absurd.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CsCrazy

Hey CsCrazy, Welcome and I dont have any problems at all with what you have written, so it just takes time and you will write like never before from staying in touch with us ATSers, keep your eyes glued to the skies and keep us posted,
gwhint

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Originally posted by Becker44
Merka,

Some reported seeing fighter jets chasing it.

news.yahoo.com...

They actually do reference military aircraft. Just breathe deeply...Everything is going to be alright.

Maj. Karl Lewis, a spokesman for the 301st Fighter Wing at the Joint Reserve Base Naval Air Station in Fort Worth, said no F-16s or other aircraft from his base were in the area the night of Jan. 8, when most people reported the sighting.

Officials at the region's two Air Force bases — Dyess in Abilene and Sheppard in Wichita Falls — also said none of their aircraft were in the area last week.

Until this is refuted (as in eye witnesses near the bases reporting scramble of fighters), I'd trust that especially since the reports are inconsistent. If they cant give a clear description of a massive UFO, I wont trust them to identify fighter jets.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by merka]

Dude. lol

Wow thanks man, you gave me a good laugh with this post. You were joking right? The Government/Military said there's nothing to see here, so that's proof that it didn't happen. HAHA.

Oh man, that's rich. Ever read any books on this subject, ever?

HAHA. Oh... I'm crying. lol.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Get on down there Crakeur and Springer. Looks like a good one!

The saucers are BIG in Texas

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

So you *know* what is deemed necessary by some Alien race none of us know anything about? Nice.

And fancy flashing lights on a test of a proposedly military Stealth craft would not be silly? I'm sorry but your explanation doesn't make any more sense than something as far out as alien.

Btw I read Night Seige. Black Triangle shaped or not, dirigibles can neither shoot to the horizon in seconds nor operate at extremely low altitudes with no noise.

And Top Secret Military Projects are not tested over heavily populated areas, for OBVIOUS reasons.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Alex Krycek]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
How come UFO/UAP always seem to manifest around military bases ?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by tangent45
How come UFO/UAP always seem to manifest around military bases ?

One guess of mine would be to check out our 'defenses' so to speak. To see how far we've 'evolved' in weaponry. Mebbe.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I would love to see the ATS boys come down to Texas. ( I live near Dallas).

First round is on me

Tangent:

I think:

a) There is ALOT of military bases so it's kind of hard to not be relatively near one.
b) There are alot of sightings in secluded areas, you read alot more of them in books on the subject than other media.
c) Most news agencies require radar pickup and/or lots of corroborating witnesses in order to run a UFO story, which would mean the ones you hear about the most also are ones near airports or military bases (radar), and in heavily populated area(lots of witnesses).

So I think it's more perception than reality that these sightings happen more around airports or military bases.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Some reasons a stealth project would have lights on it.

1) They don't want airplanes crashing into them during regional test flights
2) Its not really a stealth project, just something they don't want people taking daylight pictures of
3) More far out possibility; They want to see how long they can hover over a region undetected, and contrast that with how many people see them when they turn on the dancing disco lights.

I like the joke a few posts back about how even the UFOs are bigger in Texas. Good one

The video report on cnn has a man describing strobe lights firing in a kind of random, kind of circular pattern. That sounds like a direct description of what those two girls filmed just outside Bakersfield a few months back.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Good points Eco.

But I should have been more specific. The lights described were not standard aircraft lights, but rather exotic lighting with colorful patterns that traced around in a sequence.

I can't imagine the need for those on a stealth project, and having been in the military, the stern nature of most people who work in the testing fields would eliminate creating anything not seriously required for operation. No frills thinking to the extreme.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join