It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I just imagine if it was ME that saw something like this but didnt have a camera to record..how frustrating it would be to try to convince people its not some lame illusion (how insulting that airforce jerk was) when you experience something which you KNOW is not normal (we all know what jets look like in this day N age) I think I'd go mad trying to get it out there..must be a life changing thing to happen..

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nferno666

I checked your other posts and I see what you have been trying to do by this one. Now okay, while this is one method of perhaps illustrating your point, unfortunately most members don't realize that you are simply conducting an experiment in moderator reaction and that your comments here are a simple copy-and-paste of prior posts with just a few key words changed.

I can assure you, though, that the moderators do their best to be fair and reasonable and prefer to warn members who overstep the mark, but blatantly insulting members as you have -- regardless of your personal reasons for these actions -- is likely to earn you some pretty swift response from the moderators.

And rightly so.

Regards,

Mike

EDIT: Your following, "explanatory" post (on page 10) appeared 2 mins before mine here. I would've posted sooner but was busy reading your other posts to work out what the deal was.

BTW I don't agree with your basic premise but that's not the issue. We're discussing UFO sightings in Texas, and that, here is the issue, so if you'd like to contribute to the subject at hand we'd be glad.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by JustMike]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Here is a suggestion on how to get pictures.

I believe it would be cheap to put an ad in the local paper? And invite any one that experienced this sighting to visit ATS and post their experience? I believe this would generate some Buzz in the town and we might get a few photos? or at least be put in contact with some one who saw it first hand....

Just a suggestion.

Lakewood

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Radio Broadcast just ended: report on National Public Radio 91.1 in Minneapolis MN about the Texas UFO sighting.

40+ witnessed fighter aircraft attempt to intercept the object. Witnessess include police and pilots. Government says it was light reflecting off commercial airliners!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
on_yur_6's quote,

The more I think about it, we really need a timeline of events. This might clear up a few discrepancies of the craft's description. I believe the sheriff saw it as lights while others saw the craft as a large grey object. The sheriff seems to backing off a bit. I'm sure he is being laughed at back at the office

There could be a very good reason why the discrepancies, in the craft's description on_yur_6. What I have personally witnessed........
Is these objects can change from the bright light form into a solid metallic-like or gray as you stated. All the witnesses could be seeing the same craft, but in a different form. As far as, no photo's showing up yet is not surprising. Camera's a lot of times are disabled, during these encounters due to (IE- radiation, electric or magnetic fields.)

Also I was in Nye County Nevada when Art & his late wife Ramona Bell had their Huge Triangle Sighting. The military did fly a C-130, over the valley using that for an excuse. A poor one at that! The Huge Black Triangle was silent and the C-130 is LOUD! Nellis said, the C-130 got lost and that's why it kept flying around and around All Over the valley. I didn't buy that than and I still don't. Mount Charleston is like a huge beacon! If the pilot was lost (like they say) why didn't he just head, over by the mountain? That would have headed him in the right direction to Las Vegas.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble guys. I think we are all pretty sure what these sightings are,
Lighter than air to orbit Unmanned surveillance crafts. Man made black projects,
The bright lights on the bottom are added to hide the underside of the vehicle form ground observation. It a type of camouflage.

www.jpaerospace.com...
www.jpaerospace.com...
Even ran tests in Texas.

www.google.com...
www.google.com...
www.globalsecurity.org...
and from the Rand Corps own Documents:
www.rand.org...

And contract info on this project. Notice we are right in the middle of phase 4 testing:

Lockheed Martin Naval Electronics & Surveillance Systems, Akron, Ohio, is being awarded agreement HQ0006-04-9-0001 for design and risk reduction phase 2 of the High Altitude Airship advanced concept technology demonstration. The objective of this Phase 2 effort is to continue design (through critical design review) and technical risk reduction efforts for a high-altitude airship system prototype that will demonstrate military utility by operating in the stratosphere as a long-endurance, quasi-geostationary platform with a contractor-supplied, government-approved payload or a government-supplied payload. The estimated total value for Phase 2 is $40,000,000 with a period of performance from October 2003 to June 2004. There is an option for a prototype, development, build and demonstration Phase 3 for an estimated total value of $50,000,000 with a period of performance from June 2004 to July 2006 and a follow-on option for an Extended User Evaluation Period Phase 4 for an estimated total value of $9,000,000 with a period of performance from August 2006 to July 2008. The Missile Defense Agency is the contracting activity (HQ0006-04-9-0001).

And lastly it's not odd that it would have chase planes. Standard testing procedure.
I think we have 90% certainty that this is a Black project. And considering the similar sightings in both the UK and US. It's probably that these are already in use in the operations theater.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwhint

So maybe the ones holding the pics are thinking of cashing in to the highest bidder kind of a thing, we all know that recession is being whispered and everyones gun shy to spend the buck so maybe all are staying low out of the eyesight of our Oversears, so maybe it will only be a matter of time before something surfaces, wait and see.
gwhint

But does that 'photo' or 'video' lose some credibility once a bunch of $$ is exchanged? That only opens the whole 'just doing it for the money' can of worms.

Sometimes I think that the testimony of, let's say, 10 (sober) witnesses is better, to me anyways, then an out of focus, grainy picture or video. Hey, not that I wouldn't be chomping at the bit to see it...I would!

I think that we need some ATS reps. down there soon, while everything is fresh in their minds, and before they get too overwhelmed with reporters.

Get some good sketches and testimony. Take our friends from CGI with you, since they are sooo good at what they do, and I do mean that with respect, maybe come up with some 'visual' descriptions.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
A time line would be great. Also a map showing the direct flight path, from that maybe looking into a possible destination or take off point. There seems to be several lakes and rock quarries in the surrounding area. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
Radio Broadcast just ended: report on National Public Radio 91.1 in Minneapolis MN about the Texas UFO sighting.

40+ witnessed fighter aircraft attempt to intercept the object. Witnessess include police and pilots. Government says it was light reflecting off commercial airliners!

That's awesome. 40+! Good info. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
From this link
www.abcnews.go.com...

"Steve Allen, a 50-year-old pilot, was at a campfire with friends and says the object was a mile long and half a mile wide. "I don't know if it was a biblical experience or somebody from a different universe or whatever but it was definitely not from around these parts," Allen said.

Allen drew a sketch of the object, which he said traveled at amazing speed without making a sound. While drawing, Allen told Von Fremd that he saw "an arch shape converted in a vertical shape, and then it split and made two of them, and then these turned into just fire and it was gone."
"

Wow. First I have heard of this behavior. I wonder if others saw this dramatic exit.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zabor

Sorry to burst your bubble zabor, but a good jogger could out run all of your hot air balloons and all of the Texas witnesses said speed, but thanks for your post it was real informative, Roswell over again???
gwhint

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zabor
Sorry to burst your bubble guys. I think we are all pretty sure what these sightings are,
Lighter than air to orbit Unmanned surveillance crafts. Man made black projects,
The bright lights on the bottom are added to hide the underside of the vehicle form ground observation. It a type of camouflage.

www.jpaerospace.com...
www.jpaerospace.com...
Even ran tests in Texas.

www.google.com...
www.google.com...
www.globalsecurity.org...
and from the Rand Corps own Documents:
www.rand.org...

And contract info on this project. Notice we are right in the middle of phase 4 testing:

Lockheed Martin Naval Electronics & Surveillance Systems, Akron, Ohio, is being awarded agreement HQ0006-04-9-0001 for design and risk reduction phase 2 of the High Altitude Airship advanced concept technology demonstration. The objective of this Phase 2 effort is to continue design (through critical design review) and technical risk reduction efforts for a high-altitude airship system prototype that will demonstrate military utility by operating in the stratosphere as a long-endurance, quasi-geostationary platform with a contractor-supplied, government-approved payload or a government-supplied payload. The estimated total value for Phase 2 is $40,000,000 with a period of performance from October 2003 to June 2004. There is an option for a prototype, development, build and demonstration Phase 3 for an estimated total value of $50,000,000 with a period of performance from June 2004 to July 2006 and a follow-on option for an Extended User Evaluation Period Phase 4 for an estimated total value of $9,000,000 with a period of performance from August 2006 to July 2008. The Missile Defense Agency is the contracting activity (HQ0006-04-9-0001).

And lastly it's not odd that it would have chase planes. Standard testing procedure.
I think we have 90% certainty that this is a Black project. And considering the similar sightings in both the UK and US. It's probably that these are already in use in the operations theater.

Good post, zabor. But you're not "busting anyone's bubble" as what you have presented in not concrete evidence that this is what the witnesses saw. Did they perform a test flight on the same day(s), same time, over the same location? Do you have any corroborating/direct evidence? Good possibility? Yes......let's hold off on our assumptions until we receive more relevant data...still, good job, zabor. Deserves a star......

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
"bursting bubble" airship get it a joke. :-)

Now you see why we are so concerned with china missile tests.
It not satellites we are worried about them hitting it's these orbital airships.
www.cnn.com...
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I agree with Zabor that this is likely another military sighting, though I wish it were ET. Here's a study done on the phenomena:

NIDS

[edit on 1/16/2008 by TheAvenger]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Alex Krycek's quote,

Allen told Von Fremd that he saw "an arch shape converted in a vertical shape, and then it split and made two of them, and then these turned into just fire and it was gone."

My multiple sightings in 1995 were similar Alex. The objects while in the bright light form could split and make more of them. However, those weren't nearly as large, as the one in Texas. Something is definitely going on. Maybe this time *they* won't be able to just sweep it, under the rug!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Check out this article about the sightings by the host of Fox New's show Red Eye. This guy makes me so mad I really would take a swing at him if I ever met him lol...

www.foxnews.com...

Edit: Looks like this article will also be his "Gregalogue" on Red Eye tonight...

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Diplomat]

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Diplomat]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zabor

that's great but didn't they all say it was flying rather low to the ground? Also, as mentioned before, there was the issue of "great speed" and the whole fighter jet chasing them issue. Those high altitude balloon planes aren't keeping pace with a fighter jet, let alone leading the pack.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
One witness described the event as "biblical." You have to be either really drunk or really stupid to mistake some regular airplanes for something biblical. These people obviously saw something HUGE, possibly similar to the Phoenix lights. Another witness said it basically shape-shifted and then took off at an incredible speed. If we only had some video of this thing... :\

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I consider myself somewhat of an investigative skeptic. USAFA grad, engineering background, military senior pilot, now over 60. Let's put together some statements of facts from the news:
1. Object moving fast, probably 3000 mph. The pilot deserves some credibility here. Obviously not lanterns, blimps, etc.
2. Object being chased by jets, denied by military. Military statement probably protective.
3. Very similar to report by two airline pilots and passengers about same size ufo near Great Britain. Same rough size approx. 1 mile diameter.
4. Over 40 credible observers.

I am going with the event happened as described. I am not worried about the reality of the possibility, as ufos have not threatened us. The overall appearance of the ufo seems to be protective or monitoring, if anything, based on thousands of reports.

I have seen unexplainable objects, received a pilot ufo report, and known of official recorded reports by highly qualified military pilots. I am not lying, and am a man of my word.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I think your 90% wrong, they have thousands of miles of empty desert to test these things with and not draw attention, makes no sense to be ANYWHERE NEAR populations. Not even close.

They wouldn't send jets to chase to balloons, maybe helicopters but not jets who need to travel a lot faster by default.

Sorry.

Originally posted by zabor
Sorry to burst your bubble guys. I think we are all pretty sure what these

new topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join