It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaCentauri

This is very frusterating for me, although I feel it to be true. What's the point of trying to manifest what you desire if your Self is running the big show anyway! If wish it (Self) would tell me what it wants...I think I would be happier in life. Have you had problems with manifestation because of what your Self desires?

I think your advice was very informative...sometimes things aren't meant to be, no matter how hard you try to manifest them.

If Im going to be talking LOA, then I must interject here too: If its from the heart, then it IS in alignment with your higher souls desire.

Second, if you are "trying hard to manifest" you are far away from embodiment/vibratory alignment.

Sorry, just had to add that

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Some thoughts from an overlooked perspective.

4000 years ago we would be stoned for this.
2000 years ago we would be tortured and hung up.
1000 years ago beheaded.
500 years ago drawn and quartered.
200 years ago burned at the stake.

Today we speak openly.

When one has mastered, the skills, the natural progression is to refine the desires, however in traditional teaching, it is the desires that are refined first. There is a sound reason for this progression, so that all of these questions that are constantly being asked now would already be answered.

(The next natural progression is the seeking and linking with others that have mastered the same skills. Today these hives are under great pressure, and that is to teach them into ineffectiveness, with improper teachings that affect their power and goals as a hive mind.)

In all cases I have to endorse the traditional teaching methods, but in cases where the ball is already in motion, there is still a duty to teach back to a proper path. or school that directs in a proven manner.

Know Thyself. How close are you to what you could actually be?

In the presence of God you may ask for anything, but he is also always with you. I am in him and he is in me and I am in you. This is a great mystery to all that give it the time to think it through. Here we find a second,method. Either one however, works the same way

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Last Wednesday, I woke up feeling great. I was in a perfectly perfect mood. I've been getting good news all day, ranging from near perfect grades to compliments from teachers I usually dislike!

Then, at the end of the day, something happened (which I would not disclose here) that killed the good feeling. It was one of the most horrible things I've ever expierenced.

Then the day after that, I started getting the opposite of what I was setting myself up to attract. This is not an exageration...it was the complete opposite of what I wanted.

I think my life is starting to get back up again, despite the "chaos" I've expierenced.

Skyfloating, any thoughts on this?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hyzera

No, I dont have any thoughts on this as Im not clairvoyant
I dont know whats going on in your life.

Talking in LOA terms however, when energy moves too quickly (vibratory increase too much too high), this creates rapid change...and that rapid change commonly also creates chaos and de-constructing reality before the new and improved rushes in.

Analogy: If you create a room within an already existing structure, a lot of noise and bulldozers and destruction will ensue. This is why I always recommend soft, gentle, relaxed and slow step by step paces when applying LOA-magic.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
So I shouldn't apply the law of attraction to my life constantly? I've been applying it to my life every single day ever since I've heard of it.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hyzera

Well....we never do-not-apply it since we are having our attention somewhere at all times. But if chaos begins, slow down. But since you apply it everyday you already know that.

In short:

If something is happening, do nothing. If nothing is happening, do something. - Skyfloating 2008

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by Hyzera

Well....we never do-not-apply it since we are having our attention somewhere at all times. But if chaos begins, slow down. But since you apply it everyday you already know that.

In short:

If something is happening, do nothing. If nothing is happening, do something. - Skyfloating 2008

Ah, very good quote

When I said apply, I meant something along the lines of "taking advantage" and actually using it the way I want to in my life. But, let's say hypothetically that I have achieved my perfect life using LoA. As you said "If something is happening, do nothing." Will the perfect life LoA gave me disappear since I'm not reinforcing it with my daily visualization?

Oh, and a bit off topic. I see you've gotten promoted to a moderator. Congratulations!

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyzera

When I said apply, I meant something along the lines of "taking advantage" and actually using it the way I want to in my life. But, let's say hypothetically that I have achieved my perfect life using LoA. As you said "If something is happening, do nothing." Will the perfect life LoA gave me disappear since I'm not reinforcing it with my daily visualization?

It is my opinion that I can predict how the next three weeks will go by the mood/vibe I am in today. So lets say I am relatively calm...this means not much will change, but no bad surprises should happen either. If my emotions speed up...for the worse or the better, Im in for change. Go ahead with your daily visualization if you want to, its a good thing. But factor in that its not only about creating good events but finding a new response to unforseen or negative events...inner peace in face of turmoil...thats a second type of style to practice loa...advanced style if you will. First style deals with the positive, second style deals with a new pro-active or non-reactive approach towards the negative.

So, next time chaos hits, re-label it "lesson" and USE it for growth and learning.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well, I just decided to test out LoA...on a football game

I've never been a really big fan of sports, but my friend is. When I was talking to her, she said the Giants were losing by 4 with 2 minutes left. I told her to think positive. Act like the Giants already won, go and feel awesome.

Well, guess what? They won

Was this LoA or just a mere coincidence? I hope not

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hyzera

I think it was the Law of Crap cause I wanted New England to win.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I'm very new to this but I've always been intrigued by esoteric studies, astrology, etc. I'm a newbie to LOA and I, like many others, saw the Secret/What the Bleep and figured I'll give it a try. Basically what I want to know is if I'm on the right track...

Once or twice a day for 5-10 minutes, usually when I awake and before bed, I sit in a quiet space and meditate/visualize/feel what I truly desire. I try to get into a state of not thinking, but a state of flow/being, an experience of powerful energy. In my mind I see what I want and try to feel what it's like to already have it, in my gut. I try to feel the heated leather seat of my Bentley on my ass, the warm hug from my dream (reality) girl, sometimes I'll even pucker up and give her a kiss haha, walking up the staircase of my glorious home, etc. Most of the time I end up with a smirk on my face without knowing it and occasionally a tear or two of joy will run down my face as if I've achieved my goals. After I come out of that state I try to put my trust in the universe and not dwell on my desires. It's impossible to not think of them once in a while but I don't immerse myself in them as I would while I meditate. Is it wrong to keep visualizing the same thing day in and day out? Should I not meditate on the same thing over and over? Does that say to the universe I don't really believe I have it because I keep coming back to it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Whether or not I'm doing it correctly, one thing I can say for sure is that it makes me feel better and I feel like my heart's desires are not at such a distance.

Also, as far as negative vibes and people/events that I feel steer me away from what feels right/comfortable... I don't try to ignore them. I notice them and feel them, but I won't let them drive me up a wall so to speak. Is there a better way to go about that or is that OK?

[edit on 4-2-2008 by Pisces11]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Pisces11

You answered that yourself in your post. Here´s a typical LOA-statement:

"If it feels good to you, it is good for you."

The intent behind visualization is to experience something nice now and not "make something happen someday". Anytime you bring a pleasant state into the now you are in perfect LOA-practice.

Disclaimer: Everything I post is my opinion only.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hyzera
Well, I just decided to test out LoA...on a football game

I've never been a really big fan of sports, but my friend is. When I was talking to her, she said the Giants were losing by 4 with 2 minutes left. I told her to think positive. Act like the Giants already won, go and feel awesome.

Well, guess what? They won

Was this LoA or just a mere coincidence? I hope not

There are millions of intentions involved in a football game, by millions of people.

The same goes for the lottery. Id never advice people to use LOA on the lottery (as many loa-teachers unfortunately teach) because there are much easier, more authentic ways to feel financially comortable than by focussing on something in which millions of other peoples intentions are involved.

The reason I like watching big football matches is because you can see the strong intentional-energy of players in action.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

You are right. Sometimes (well, oftentimes) the sadness that I am not doing what I really desire overwhelms me. I know this is a cop out...but I would really love for someone to tell what what I would be the most happy and fulfilled as (career wise). I just feel so lost.

More to come.......

I know Skyfloating has disagreed that what "is" manifest in your life is of your creation, but I think that this bit, what you have said here is exactly what I was sensing in your situation.

You are asking or have asked, at a deeper and powerful unconscious level, for something other than that job. You have asked for what would make you most happy and fulfilled, and THAT answer is trying to manifest, and, well, it isnt the jobs you have been applying for.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

I know Skyfloating has disagreed that what "is" manifest in your life is of your creation

I havent disagreed with that at all. I just dont often talk about it because most are not willing to really look into that possibility.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

--I know exactly what you mean. I would have loved to get into Philosophy--it's hard time find jobs in that area. If you don't mind me asking, since you majored in Philosophy have you gotten a job in this line of work. Don't respond to that if you feel uncomfortable. I really wanted to be an archeologist because I am in love with history.

I have not gotten a formal "job" in Philosophy. (yet) What philosophy tends to entail is reading and thinking and writing. And communicating with other "philosophers." Many, though not all philosophers that are "famous" now, got little attention in their own time. Some got so much attention they were killed as "heretics" and others were famous in their own lifetimes, so this is not a "rule."

What HAS happened, is that the resources have "manifested" for me to have ample time to pursue my reading, writing, thinking, and communicating with other philosophers. The "game" is not over, and I do not know how this will affect my "career" in philosophy, but it is making me "happy and fulfilled" at the moment. Which is what I truly WANTED, not a specific "job." I "let go" of the "how" this was to be manifest, and just focused my attention on doing what I feel, what I KNOW, I am designed by nature, the Divine, whatever you wish to call it, to do. I could not have predicted the route it has taken, nor would I have chosen this route, but now that I am on it, I can see that it is working out fine. A little unnerving at times, but I am fine, and doing what I love.

This is very frusterating for me, although I feel it to be true. What's the point of trying to manifest what you desire if your Self is running the big show anyway! If wish it (Self) would tell me what it wants...I think I would be happier in life. Have you had problems with manifestation because of what your Self desires?

Absolutely I have had problems in this area. Over and over again. Because of the issues I stated in the other post. I was so unbalanced, so tilted towards the mind, logic, and "external" measures of success like societal approval that I could not even "hear" my Self's direction. Actually, that isnt true. I could hear it, I just rejected it as "foolish pipe dreams," "illogical," etc.

In fact, I have always had clues that I was to be a writer. I had written my first "book" at age 4, (it was really really bad, lol, a horror story involving lots of left over Hallowe'en stickers and crayon scribbled words) but it was a written work nonetheless. In school, I was the editor of my school paper, and my other papers always received comment from teachers regarding my writing. There were clues all along the way that I simply did not want to see. I believed in the "starving writer" story line, and I sure as heck did not want to starve, I have a great love of comfort, (not excess) and I was not under any circumstances going to pursue a path in life that did not offer the opportunity for a comfortable material existence.

I DID manifest material comfort, (not excess, I have never been "rich," I dont want to mislead) but at great cost to my "being." I was not happy, no matter what my address was, or what car I drove. The point is, I think you do know more, as the first quote I posted by you seems to indicate, about what your Self wants than you are letting yourself acknowledge. There have been clues all along the way, and you, like me, have likely dismissed them for some "rational" reason. The trick is to look back over your life and look for constants. What have you done, and loved to do, over the course of your life that is a "theme?" Where has it been easy for you to excel? Often we overlook the Self's "vocation" because it conflicts with the American ideal that "hard work" and "success" must go hand in hand. What comes naturally to you?

A limiting factor to being able to manifest is "Know thySelf." I use the capital "S" on Self because it isnt simply knowing the mind, the "self" or the persona we have created to show others, it is the Self that we ARE inherently, that the persona was constructed to conceal.

Strange idea here...(I reference music and movies a lot). Has anyone seen that movie "Bedazzled" with Elizabeth Hurley and Brendan Fraiser?
AlphaC

Yes. I liked that movie it was both charming and informative. What I got out of it was that we often cant articulate what we really want. I know I have manifested some "hells" in this way. I got just what I "wanted," it just wasnt what I wanted. Sometimes I just ask, "Bring me what is my OWN, what will satisfy my "soul", and what is best for me in terms of Being the Self that I was designed to be." I admit to myself that I dont always know what it is that will really satisfy, and cause desirable personal growth, and so I ask that it come to me without my controlling "what" it is. I focus instead on Awareness, keeping my "heart" and eyes open so that I can recognize it when it arrives, and I trust that it will. It isnt always fun, and I am sure that an expert practitioner may not have to use this clumsy method, but when I am really stuck and unhappy, and dont know what to do, this way always opens up a path. At times I have been so far off the "proper" path that some "destruction" has to occur before "construction" begins, but it has never been more than I could tolerate, though it has pushed the limits, and the end result has always been worth the "sacrifice."

Thnak you, Skyfloating, for clarifying how you feel about the concept that "what is manifest in your life IS the result of some belief, desire etc." My own philosophy and studies have reached a point where understanding manifestation is necessary, and the LOA is part of what I am having to focus on, but it is NOT my "area" of expertise. It is a part of my area of expertise, but it is one I am actively working on, not one I feel I have "all the answers" about. I tend to "get" my direction, my information, from a source that is not detailed, it is sort of broad strokes and then I am required to go fill in the detail and you have helped enormously. Illahee, you have as well, as have all the questions others have posted. Sometimes just knowing the question is enough to get better access to the "answer."

[edit on 4-2-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hi all-

If anyone of you have read my continuing sage about wanting to get hired at a company I got called for an interview today!

Things all sort of fell in place for me today. This morning before going to work, I had a nagging feeling to remember my cell phone. Not only did I remember it, I brought my cell charger.

I had this attitude today...I even wrote out a little note. "Trust the Universe." I told God, the Universe, whoever, that I believed they had created the perfect job for me at this company and I will patiently wait. I had decided to "let go." I felt at calm and at peace.

Within a few hours my cell rang. I answered it...and it was them asking for an interview. I was buzzing with good energy all day. I felt like I was flying I was so happy.

I will now visualize the interview going well.

Thank you all for the help concerning this subject.

AlphaC

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Hi all-

If anyone of you have read my continuing sage about wanting to get hired at a company I got called for an interview today!

Things all sort of fell in place for me today. This morning before going to work, I had a nagging feeling to remember my cell phone. Not only did I remember it, I brought my cell charger.

I had this attitude today...I even wrote out a little note. "Trust the Universe." I told God, the Universe, whoever, that I believed they had created the perfect job for me at this company and I will patiently wait. I had decided to "let go." I felt at calm and at peace.

Within a few hours my cell rang. I answered it...and it was them asking for an interview. I was buzzing with good energy all day. I felt like I was flying I was so happy.

I will now visualize the interview going well.

Thank you all for the help concerning this subject.

AlphaC

Excellent work! You have the mindset and the feeling.

Remember what we went over about the two points. Make yourself the really fun guy everyone wants to work with. Make all your comments positive and uplifting!

Now for the real work. Remember that really good feeling you had when you got your last job? You woke up and had it and it felt electric! Your entire day was tops and you celebrated that night?

Now visualize all that happening in the new situation.....Project that unselfish love at anyone that gets in the way and watch them melt.....It really does work like that. Even if the interviewer is a hardcase the projection of genuine love can change their mind in 24 hrs....

Go forth. You know what to do.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Analogy on Levels of Creatorship

The Architect: The Cretor I-dentity, I am
The Blueprint of the House: Beliefs
Construction Workers: Emotions
Building Material: Action

Changing action is ok, but changing emotion is more powerful as all action is driven by emotion. Even more effective is to work from the level of belief/thoughtform as belief creates emotion. And even more effective for rapid change is to work on the level of I-dentity.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Analogy on Levels of Creatorship

The Architect: The Cretor I-dentity, I am
The Blueprint of the House: Beliefs
Construction Workers: Emotions
Building Material: Action

Changing action is ok, but changing emotion is more powerful as all action is driven by emotion. Even more effective is to work from the level of belief/thoughtform as belief creates emotion. And even more effective for rapid change is to work on the level of I-dentity.

A rare gem ya got there. Star.

(readers, not SkyFloating) Keep in mind LOA is working daily in these levels regardless of if you choose to direct it or not. Choosing to avoid it or not directing it is actually an act of creation using the defaults on all of the levels.
If you live your life without learning the principles and using them, it is no different than buying a radio, turning it on and either listening to the channel its on, or static,where ever it happens to be set, without ever tuning it in to what you want.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join