It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
[
mostly self improvement. Plus I want to be able to do something great so I can help other people.

The greatest thing you can do to help yourself and others is to allow your SELF (not your concept or image of yourself but your SELF that is your inherent nature if fear and doubt were peeled away) to BE.

All great things that are done are not the subject of public acclaim. Or even visible to the world. Any bit you can do to clear away/release via Awareness fear and "negativity" from your individual self is of enormous benefit to everyone you come in contact with and via the "collective unconscious" of enormous benefit to the whole.

This may or may not involve fame and fortune, release judgment about what "doing a great thing" may look like. Assume you are capable of and participating in a great thing just by being who you TRULY are when you are "Acting" or allowing your Self to flow outward from the center of your being and not "reacting," or letting your collection of thoughts and judgments dictate your choices.

So you are from NM too? Nice.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by thehumbleone

Yeah. This stuff has been taught since thousands of years. There are thousands of books on it. And someday...people might use it

Thanks. I just spit coffee all over but that was funny!

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I just wanted to tell you guys the reason I'm so interested in this Law of attraction stuff is because a lot if the stuff about it has parallels to what Jesus taught. My signature is one example, the lesson of the fig tree is another. And also when he says stuff like " the kingdom of Heaven is within you. "

Yes. I firmly believe that there is one core "truth" and it is wrapped up in lots of different packages. Christianity has it as well.

Illahee points out to look at the world as if everyone you meet is an Angel in disguise and I second that heartily. Even if that Angel is rapping you on the head with a bat, there is something in that situation that you need, and are being given. It is all GOOD. Somehow. Just look carefully til you find that Good. (Just try to listen before they show up with the bat, personal experience)

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I believe it is very important to custom tailor any teaching to a persons core beliefs. If one has a Christian background we need to address their specific experience and needs. This is equally the same for the atheist, or any other belief system. I don't have an issue with atheists at all but then we move back to science to establish the how and I found that I end up teaching a physics class before we can get to step one, about 50% of the time. Being right with a religious belief is much easier to explain to more people and do greater good.

In researching miracles, I found some specific Christian groups to be associated with a significant volume and others none at all and even going backwards on the scale with others. I automatically assumed one specific group to be more powerful than all others. To test this belief, I sat in with different churches under this same group and was astonished that even under that arm of direction the individual church bodies were all over the board with effectiveness. Of course i'm never wrong (except that one time back in '76) so I had to scrap the idea, and right when I was ready to start at the beginning, I realized it wasn't the type of church but the individual pastors that determined the association. That was the direct key, and I found it was in the way the group prayers were led that caused the association in the miracle linkage.

The Pastor led the prayer with the need and asked everyone to see the subject being fully healed, getting up and getting dressed and coming next Sunday, and how great the love that they would have as they all welcomed her back with hug and kisses, and the subject being fully restored beyond any doctors hand. And they all saw her healed and all prayed with their hearts and it was so. A fractured vertebrae that threatened the spinal cord was fully grown together and there was no back or disc pain at all. A doctor was left behind with no answers, and a metal brace.

Can we put this in the lab and see the same result? probably not. Anything that might affect the specific belief structure that was the cause would likely be affected. On the other hand we can go into that lab and see the process live.

This is where we go beyond attraction and begin with creation. Here is also a line in the sand in being used as an instrument of creation or assuming the entire role of the creator outside of direction and oversight. In my healing book I have been careful to make certain that the healer was aware of this line and very careful to operate with the highest degree of integrity.

Unfortunately my fathers recent passing was a true test of my own work and teaching, and I had to walk the talk in real time. Although I followed the teaching of doing right, it was a difficult experience to know what was right and not do the wrong thing because of my own feelings. There is a season for all things under the sun. Do what is right and have no regrets.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

The greatest thing you can do to help yourself and others is to allow your SELF (not your concept or image of yourself but your SELF that is your inherent nature if fear and doubt were peeled away) to BE.

All great things that are done are not the subject of public acclaim. Or even visible to the world. Any bit you can do to clear away/release via Awareness fear and "negativity" from your individual self is of enormous benefit to everyone you come in contact with and via the "collective unconscious" of enormous benefit to the whole.

This may or may not involve fame and fortune, release judgment about what "doing a great thing" may look like. Assume you are capable of and participating in a great thing just by being who you TRULY are when you are "Acting" or allowing your Self to flow outward from the center of your being and not "reacting," or letting your collection of thoughts and judgments dictate your choices.

Here is a truth seldom heard. To do good works in the eyes of man is not the aim and goal. It is to to good works for humanity and the animals and earth entrusted in our care. As explained above the blanket drives and other things that you could do may in fact change the future by keeping a great person alive who in turn changes the future. Collective consciousness, can and does drive many of these acts. Its neither important to understand the why, or what becomes of them. Any one could be the tiny needed change that starts a much larger progression of events into motion. Truly great things are seldom recognized for what they are and the persons responsible are almost never given credit. If you do not care and just want to do good, possibly it is an internal impulse, proceed forward with great speed.

From the Emerald Tablet:

Separate thou the Earth from the Fire, the subtle from the gross, sweetly and with great industry.

In the illumined world, God has always appeared to man in the form of Fire. Moses and on, and is linked across cultures as the Philosophy of Fire. Its meaning is to make a part of life for the Fire. Separate these parts so the stain of man does not interfere with the presence, and do it with love, progressing on at a rate to soon achieve it.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I just wanted to tell you guys the reason I'm so interested in this Law of attraction stuff is because a lot if the stuff about it has parallels to what Jesus taught. My signature is one example, the lesson of the fig tree is another. And also when he says stuff like " the kingdom of Heaven is within you. "

Since you have mentioned this, and I assume there are ten others that didn't ask but wanted to know, well its the net so it may be 100 or a thousand, here are some starting points for that direction. One should teach what makes sense to the individual depending on who they are. The true teacher does not create their teaching and force it on the student. They assess the student and find what is to their advantage to build from.

He said to them; "Therefore every teacher of the Law, who has been instructed about the Kingdom of Heaven, is like the owner of a house who brings out of his store room, New Treasures, as well as old."

Get your hands on a couple of these books to help in your study:

1.The Harper Collins version of The NIV harmony of the Gospels. I'm not going to debate harmonies and parallels but this volume is conducive to research.

2. The least expensive and still usable Parallel: The Hendrickson Bible-KJ+NKJ+NIV+NLT.

Then learn all their is to know of the following:
1. The walking on water.
2. The calming of storms.
3. The lesson of the talents (of which LOA is actually the subject.)
4. The mustard seed and the yeast.

Then go on until you know everything there is to know that The Master Teacher taught and discern the real lessons. To fully instruct is to assume one will continue. This is an individual quest, so there can be only directions to seek and never full instruction.

When you apply these strong beliefs to the Creation, and do so with integrity, you will be lead to the place where you do many great things and understand them as daily activities, where by the standards of others they may seem miracles.

After that study The Magi. Jesus was their King. They prophesied his coming long before the birth and were in attendance at the birth. When he died he used the word paradise a Magi term and not the Hebrew term. By his own admission to the 12:

"I have many sheep that are not of this fold"

You should find all of this helpful in studying The Master Teacher.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well that was quite a bit on that aspect. It would probably be the time to shift to a science related view of the process. It would seem that we have never spoke of the original topic at all, so far, to someone coming in fresh and having no knowledge but many methods, aspects and parameters have been discussed and freely been displayed for discussion. Even though it may appear to be hidden between the lines it is not.

For the science founded person, the very beginning is sitting them down in front of film sequence of the "double slot test" from What the Bleep. I use it as an assessment because right there you will know how deep your in. If this simple example is accepted, I go to the court of possibility sequence. I have found with science, when I say it it will be thought of as untrue, but showing anything published will be accepted fully.

I am very careful to not propose time sequences at this point since time is not only relative it is experienced by every single person in a slightly different manner. In fact slicing and dicing time is something I simply never mention, and only respond when asked.

The science minded person will require evidence of testing and this is not so much a 'prove without a doubt philosophy', so I tend to show a series of documented tests I have conducted and propose a new test began under instruction. Should the test be successful, we move on to other aspects. Should it fail we examine the building blocks and see where things need to be set in order.

The realm of the science minded student is clearly the most difficult at every stage. Where the Atheist may have a very broad set of beliefs that are fairly easy to sort and assist with, The science only based individual is actually the most challenged of the lot, because they typically will need to add a philosophy or moral code to gain the correct feeling and be assured they are prepared and ready. For some reason the human mind requires this to achieve full potential with the Law.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I have a weird story to tell you guys.

So a couple of days ago I posted in this thread wanting to know more about the law of attraction.

Anyways, when I got home today I found Dr. Wayne W. Dyer's book " The Power Of Intention" laying on the counter top.

Turns out my pops borrowed it from one of his buddies at work.

I started reading it and it's pretty damn interesting. Funny how things work out.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

So a couple of days ago I posted in this thread wanting to know more about the law of attraction.

Anyways, when I got home today I found Dr. Wayne W. Dyer's book " The Power Of Intention" laying on the counter top.

I started reading it and it's pretty damn interesting. Funny how things work out.

This is good as it shows how "intending lightly" without too many second-thoughts, cravings, needs, expectations, considerations about it...will manifest quickly.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Yeah, after I posted that day, I didn't really dwell on it anymore.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
So, speaking on the subject of achieving results that we want for ourselves. I can imagine a goal, but then I can imagine about a thousand ways to reach that goal. If I'm understanding correctly, the only real challenge is choosing a path of least resistance and imagining the results I want from that path.

For example: Let's say my goal is to be more attractive to the opposite sex.

I can approach this many ways;

1) My first idea would be for me to just be perceived as more attractive without any work on my part. I would simply 'will' my perceived attractiveness on others. I imagine this path to be of highest resistance as it requires a subjective distortion on other people's part.

2) My next idea requires that I 'will' myself to become more physically attractive, I could do this by imagining myself more tone and physically fit. I wouldn't exercise, but rather simply imagine my results everyday. This idea, while less resistance than the first maybe, still requires a considerable amount of resistance. However, when the results are achieved, I will, in general opinion, be more attractive to the opposite sex.

3) The idea for least resistance, that I can perceive, involves me simply 'willing' an attitude adjustment on my part to crave physical activity everyday and desire myself to put forth more effort in grooming, etc. Therefore, instead of simply 'willing' myself attractive, I have 'willed' myself to enjoy physically working out, producing a more attractive body. This still fufills the end goal of being more attractive, but requires the least resistance.

Am I following the LOA correctly in this manner of thinking?

Thank you all for your input!!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by metatronscube

What's up dude. I like the quote in your signature.

Hopefully one of the more knowledgeable members will answer your question. I'm reading "The Power Of Intention" right now and it's pretty interesting.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

Thank you, I thought the quote summed up this thread very well. I like yours as well!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by metatronscube
So, speaking on the subject of achieving results that we want for ourselves. I can imagine a goal, but then I can imagine about a thousand ways to reach that goal. If I'm understanding correctly, the only real challenge is choosing a path of least resistance and imagining the results I want from that path.

There are of course many different ways of achieving that goal. The way that is appropriate for YOU can be FELT. Loa doesnt teach physical action as the main means of achieving something but only vibration. But if your belief-system is structured in a way that requires action to achieve it, then by all means, follow what you already believe and feel is right anyhow. Since most people dont actually believe they can achieve something without action its bad advice to say "you dont have to do anything at all".
But sooner or later most will find out that its not inherently the action that is doing the creating, its the energy.

I can approach this many ways;

1) My first idea would be for me to just be perceived as more attractive without any work on my part. I would simply 'will' my perceived attractiveness on others. I imagine this path to be of highest resistance as it requires a subjective distortion on other people's part.

Remove "will on others" and a bit of resistance is removed.

2) My next idea requires that I 'will' myself to become more physically attractive, I could do this by imagining myself more tone and physically fit. I wouldn't exercise, but rather simply imagine my results everyday. This idea, while less resistance than the first maybe, still requires a considerable amount of resistance. However, when the results are achieved, I will, in general opinion, be more attractive to the opposite sex.

While possible, imo, it is not the path of least resistance for most people. Humans are physical beings and have an installed belief-system of having to train the body physically in order to grow physically. But using visualization as an addition to workout will most certainly double the speed with which you see results.

3) The idea for least resistance, that I can perceive, involves me simply 'willing' an attitude adjustment on my part to crave physical activity everyday and desire myself to put forth more effort in grooming, etc. Therefore, instead of simply 'willing' myself attractive, I have 'willed' myself to enjoy physically working out, producing a more attractive body. This still fufills the end goal of being more attractive, but requires the least resistance.Am I following the LOA correctly in this manner of thinking?

Yes, spot on. That is LOA-type thinking. You can sense that at the moment, considering your belief-system, this is indeed the "path of least resistance". Excellent example.

I will add option Nr.

4) Feeling more attractive and valuable yourself while reducing the need to have this confirmed by others. Giving yourself appreciative attention (thereby reducing the need for any womans attention) will probably plus you up on the attractiveness scale.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Never try to determine the how or the path of receivership. More often than not what was coming and already in route to you will get hung up while the higher intelligence that puts it in motion has stopped to determine if there was a change of mind or new route needed.

Just like you did. Feel the desire and how good it would feel to know more about and begin to master the new technique. Then step back, disconnect and let it happen. This is the fastest, but can be helped along by reliving the first feeling exactly as it was with no variation. Its odd you mentioned this because books and things very often just show up out of the blue for me too.

Well done for your first attempt. Props to you.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Oddly enough LOA works great here until a certain point. If they are attracted its done. Its up to you to show yourself in your best light. If they leave with no interest, then outside coaching is probably needed.

You will find in a rigid social situation that often times females will cluster around someone you may perceive to be not attractive. They are looking for what is inside that person, not what the person looks like. Don't get me wrong they fall for eye candy too like us but it was what was in that person they were wanting to know, so they all gathered around.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Oh, yes, I do understand that. lol I was simply using physical attractiveness as an example. I appreciate the input though!!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The part of LOA that I get confused about is "letting go without losing interest." I'm not really sure what letting go means. Does it mean that I need to stop dwelling on it constantly and let my desire come to me? Can anybody answer this? How long are we supposed to focus on what we want before we "let it go?"

I also have a problem I could use help with...

There is a company where I live that I really would love to be employed at. It's a huge financial company. However, my backgroud is in the medical field. I have an Associate of Liberal Arts degree in general studies, an Associate of Applied Science degree in lab science, and I will be done taking onine courses in March 2008 for my Bachelor of Science in Clinical Laboratory Science. I feel stupid saying this, but I am tired of the healthcare field already and need a change. I don't respect it anymore and that is just how I feel about it. I would love to get a job at this financial company but I don't have a degree in financing, accounting, etc, although I have a lot of schooling with a technical/science/math background. I enjoy working in an office setting with computers and doing project work. This is a great company and I would love to be a part of it.

I would very much enjoy even a minor accounting job that requires a AA in accounting or the equivlent. I have 2 AA (AS) and a Bachelor of Science....but is all that schooling not good enough? I have applied for other jobs at this company in the past 2 weeks and I have been declined for 3 different jobs tnat they felt I was not qualifed for even though these jobs at this financial company actually were somewhat healthcare related! ( I get upset when they say they want you to have such and such years of experience but how can one gain experience if one can't get hired in the first place??)

The last job I applied for I was really bummed out because I held intentions, visualized, and acted like I had the job for 3 days. After 3 days, I was informed I didn't get the job. I have been kindly informed by Skyfloating that my negative reaction to me not getting the job showed that I place to much emphasis on the physical.

My question is....is there just certain things that I can't have? Truly, am I expecting too much to get hired at this highly selective company when I don't have a financial background? I have applied for 4 jobs total, I have been turned down for 3 of them, and one is still pending. I don't want the HR department to think that I am some nut job that keeps applying for jobs and everytime they deny me they say to themselves, "Why won't she stop applying? She'll never work here!" I mean, we can't grow a 3rd arm...isn't there just certain things with LOA that we can't do?

I would greatly appreciate any help you all could give me!

AlphaC

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee

Well done for your first attempt. Props to you.

Thanks, even though I don't really feel like I did anything. It just happened!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

If it were me, I would let go of focus on the "outcome" altogether and instead "cultivate" gratitude for my inherent "attractiveness." (To use your example.) I would focus on how good it felt to move, how good it felt to stretch, or I would be grateful for strong healthy legs (which like your last suggestion would likely lead to more exercise) and I would focus on the other things I already had in terms of attractiveness that I was grateful for. A warm smile, nice hair, nice eyes, height, whatever it was that I already had that was appealing. I would NOT focus on that which I didnt like. (weight perhaps, my height if I were short, etc.)

What we tend to do is focus on the few things we dislike and find unattractive and ignore the multitude of things we have that are perfectly fine. Others pick up on this "insecurity."

Also, like the others have mentioned, let go of the "way" in which this is to manifest. Feel like you already have it, NOW (gratitude, appreciation) and be open to seeing it. In the case of being more attractive notice that you already are, (even if it is to children, pets, someones grandmother atm) and know that YOU have been blocking women (I presume, no offense if it isnt) from finding you attractive with your own beliefs, there is nothing REAL about your "lack of attractiveness." That in itself was a manifestation of your belief about what you are and what you have. Look at it and see it is false. You ARE already attractive. Just expand what you already possess by being aware of it and grateful for it.

Even in non-LOA terms confidence alone is a huge attractant. I know lots of average looking people who draw the opposite sex simply because they are so darn sure they are "hot." They can be annoying to be around at times,
but there is no denying that people find it attractive.

I know you were just using that as an example, so look at the principle of focusing on the feeling that it is already with you. And the appreciation of it in the present. If you want it in the future, you will get it in the future. The problem is, however, that YOU are NEVER in the future. You are only ever in the present, and so what you "want" will always be ahead of you like a carrot on a stick.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join