It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Forces Convo : Originally Called 'For all those people who think the American Special Force

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SiRiNO
Australian SAS owns all. Hell we were in iraq before the damn war started

dude i could start by saying this :
"yeah sure, like the ASAS can beat the SBS at maratime stuff or spetnaz at an attack."

or i could just say, look up other SF stuff man. the ASAS isnt the best, the SAS arent the bes,t the isreali forces arent the best , spetnaz are not the best BECAUSE there is no best SF they just specilise in one area. most likely the terrain they are based in.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
dude i could start by saying this :
"yeah sure, like the ASAS can beat the SBS at maratime stuff or spetnaz at an attack."

or i could just say, look up other SF stuff man. the ASAS isnt the best, the SAS arent the bes,t the isreali forces arent the best , spetnaz are not the best BECAUSE there is no best SF they just specilise in one area. most likely the terrain they are based in.

ASAS trains in all terrains.....

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
SiRiNO: All SAS train in all terrains, I'd suggest that all SF train in all terrains.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiRiNO

ASAS trains in all terrains.....

so does every SF, they specilise in one certain type though.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
The US forces arent the most elite, their technology is the best but their troops are lacking slightly... the Bristish SAS are the most elite speial forces in the world... they were in afghanistan weeks before the US declared war, gathering info and scouting the area, they took the Iraqi city of Basra and secured it after the US forces failed. The SAS are elite not only because of their physical abilities and equiptment but also the fact that they are trained in languages as well and the forces sent to a country would consist of individuals who could pass as native to the country if the need be... that and the SAS is secret, the public isnt informed of the names or identities of the individuals who are part of this elite of elite special forces...

not saying the US seals arent elite... hell they would kick my a$$ in any one on one... but they arent the best.

Just was browsing through this, but NAVY SEALS are NOT special forces; THE Special Forces are the Army's "Green Berets." The SEALS are a special operations force.

And uuuh, no the U.S. military is not the best just because of the best equipment and technology; the U.S. is the best because its soldiers are some of the best trained and most professional on the planet. Combined with high technology.

I don't know why people have so much trouble excepting that one.

Also, what is this about the SAS "being trained in other languages" so they can blend in with the culture; SO ARE THE U.S. SPECIAL FORCES ("the Special Forces") of the Army. Other Special Operations forces are different; they have different jobs.

Army Rangers, Marine Force Recon, Delta Force (which is TOTALLY classified; no one knows what Delta does or how they train) all do different things.

The truth is the U.S. has some of the most professional and best military on the face of this earth, as well as the best equipment, HOWEVER, you are right, the quality is lacking a little in the standard troops these days.

But that is a B.S. notion that the U.S. is the most powerful simply because it has the best equipment.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I have a suggestion... this and the other post about who has the best special forces will never be settled. of cos theres atleast 2 people i know could most likey settle the agruement once and for all but wont. as they dont really care, at the end of the day we all believe what we wish to believe.

So i suggest we use some Star Trek techo on here...

welcome Mr Spock with his Logic.

lets assume the following.

1) theres only so many in any countries miltary that are the "Right stuff " as such, just like any sport,running , swimming , race car driving, playing golf.

2) Now if we match the number of special forces to the actually number of miltary for each country and turn that into a percentage or a ratio

3) Logic would give us the best Special forces on that ratio. the country with the lowest ratio/percentage would be in logical sense have the most numbers of the "Right Stuff"

And before people start whining about some country like luxenburg gonna win cos its special forces made up of 2 german shephards and a security guard. You forget countrys like that normally have a army made up of only several thousand

just a idea anyway...

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Sorry about starting this up again.

I personally think that the SBS are the most elite. I am not basing this on any proof, just personal opinion. I really don't care about the SEALs, Delta Force, MFR etc. and neither should I; their existence is not to defend the country I live in. Of course no one wants to accept that their own SFs are inferior to another country's - that's to be expected especially when such things as 'national pride' seem to be at stake (which in the end gets a little repetitive and petty... *cough*). Unfortunately, we are inundated with unfortunate news of the state of the US military: their incompetence, their lack of flexibility, their worrying lack of regard for allies. I know this has no bearing on the state of US SFs, but it is a worry.

We don't have much in this small country to be proud of, and too many times when we should have been it has been stollen from us (mentioning no names...), that's why a dim view is taken when our most elite aren't given the respect they are surely due. The SBS, if not one of the best, THE best and anyone who can argue with that without smiling deserves an Oscar.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
i agree that we have one of the best units in the world and i regard them as the best maratime unit on/in/under/over the water but many dont. its all about opinions.
i mean the army will regard the SAS boat troop as the best water unit.
the austrailians will regard the ASAS as the best or the americans with navy seals. etc etc.
one thing you must know is that the SBS is really a reacon force its main job is to look out spots for the RM's to land silently and deadly.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Hey,

In Iraq round 1 SBS swam, swam! out to oil-rigs to assault them. In some cases it was over 5000m. They do more than just the surf report for the RMCs!

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
In Iraq round 1 SBS swam, swam! out to oil-rigs to assault them. In some cases it was over 5000m.

Only 5000m? Our guys can walk farther than that on water.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Certain Aussies can swim 1500m faster than anyone else on the face of the planet. But they can't carry out a successful assault immediately afterward. And that's only one and a half klicks in a pool.
If by your guys you mean the SEALs, they didn't have a good day at Grenada. I would have to assume thier training improved considerably after that.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Hey,

In Iraq round 1 SBS swam, swam! out to oil-rigs to assault them. In some cases it was over 5000m. They do more than just the surf report for the RMCs!

they do acomplish other missions but really thier job is to assist the RMC's yes /no?
same with the ASAS and their army , the spetnaz with russian army and so on.
most people can swim 500 yards with combat gear.
hell the combat swim test is 200 yards and tread water for 5 mins with the gear on. the hardest bit is the bloody treading water.
now the SBS are really quite SH! but they are not in the same league on land based operations as spetnaz or delta in CQB. they more than match the seals though in water operations.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   

If by your guys you mean the SEALs, they didn't have a good day at Grenada. I would have to assume thier training improved considerably after that.

Well, you don't hear much about them or their work these days, do you?

In this business, I don't see how it gets any better than that.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

Well, you don't hear much about them or their work these days, do you?

In this business, I don't see how it gets any better than that.

same with the SBS you never hear of thier work ethier. mind you they have the added ability to move around any marine unit and not get noticed.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   

same with the SBS you never hear of thier work ethier.

That means they're good, because the best never brag.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

That means they're good, because the best never brag.

yeah, well except when they are drunk but hey so does every one when they are drunk.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   

most people can swim 500 yards with combat gear.
hell the combat swim test is 200 yards and tread water for 5 mins with the gear on. the hardest bit is the bloody treading water.
now the SBS are really quite SH! but they are not in the same league on land based operations as spetnaz or delta in CQB. they more than match the seals though in water operations.

500 yards = 450 metres. 5000 metres = 5500 yards.
As for not being good at CQB, what is an oil-rig except a CQB environment? If anybody occupies the North Sea jobs I sould suggest it will be SBS sent to take them back. And where did I mention land?

Although I tend to agree, with advice, about the Spetsnaz.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   

[

500 yards = 450 metres. 5000 metres = 5500 yards.

5000 metres swimming that no problem with diveing equipment.

As for not being good at CQB, what is an oil-rig except a CQB environment? If anybody occupies the North Sea jobs I sould suggest it will be SBS sent to take them back. And where did I mention land?

uhh well firstly the SBS is based in portsmouth, to our best knowledge, and Comacchio Group , now renamed Fleet Protection Group Royal Marines, protects the north sea. i never was putting the marines down i was just saying there are better because delta's main job is CQB.

Although I tend to agree, with advice, about the Spetsnaz.

if in doubt well trained,highly fit,well armed and quite possibly the maddest guys on the planet will get the job done for ya.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   

what a load of bull!
the united states are not the fathers of naval specail warfare it was the british that invented the art of comandos trust a yank to say that
also where the hell do u think they got the training!
the comandos green hated lots of US comandos !
secondly this source isnt from a unbiased author

yeah well the US troops realised they were being whined at by a bunch of pansies who got whupped by a bunch of farmers.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinefan
yeah well the US troops realised they were being whined at by a bunch of pansies who got whupped by a bunch of farmers.

...Yeah, last time i checked america IS getting its ass kicked by a bunch of farmers

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join