It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

us planes unleash 40,000 pounds of bombs

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Scrapple, I agree with Iraq, but what I was saying is that the U.S has made foreign policy mistakes during the Cold War and it's understandable. The Cold War was a very scary and crazy period of time. A lot of things we did ended up hurting us later, but what if we didn't do those things? What if we didn't give the Afghans weapons when the Russians invaded? I was just clearing things out if anyone mentioned that we supplied Saddam Hussein with military equipment.

I'm just sick of hearing about how Iraq did nothing to provoke the United States, when this invasion should've happen a decade earlier.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Scrapple, I agree with Iraq, but what I was saying is that the U.S has made foreign policy mistakes during the Cold War and it's understandable. The Cold War was a very scary and crazy period of time. A lot of things we did ended up hurting us later, but what if we didn't do those things? What if we didn't give the Afghans weapons when the Russians invaded? I was just clearing things out if anyone mentioned that we supplied Saddam Hussein with military equipment.

I'm just sick of hearing about how Iraq did nothing to provoke the United States, when this invasion should've happen a decade earlier.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

During the post Desert Storm years, Iraq's oil sales were not an issue with regards to leveraging OPEC. Saddam's oil was under embargo(i.e. oil for food- which if we will remember, resulted in a lot of shady deals with folks opposed to the US going into Iraq).

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
so now we no longer have a secular regime there. Bush et.al. goes in and six years later things are a mess with civil war and terrorists in there who weren't there before, and largely now replaced by a Muslim regime practically throwing a big fat rapped up present for Iran, and of course sky high oil prices we all are having to deal with now. And perhaps, millions dead. Was it really worth it? I think those who have benefited most would say yes, the problem is when we see who those who have benefited are, and how they did it. $trillions of dollars spent, millions dead, oil at around $100 a barrel, our good reputation sold down the drain....this huge blunder and criminal enterprise is going to take decades to mop up, but the fat cats who robbed us blind will all ride off into the sunset, and the real irony here is it's being done with the continued blessing of the right and the Christian political factions in this country who blindly follow these crooks and their bogus propaganda. On the bright side, many have opened up their eyes and now finally see it for what it really is. Lessons hard learned I guess. One would have thought a lesson that would have already been learned following the atrocities these people committed back in the 60's and 70's (ie: jfk / Johnson "I'll give you you're god damned war" Vietnam war and gulf of Tonkin etc.)....I still maintain, if you took the "church" vote out of the equation long ago, none of this would have ever happened because these were the silly people duped into voting these people who prop up and profit from the military industrial complex the most, in in the first place.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It's dirty that's for sure, enough to make one puke as I feel like doing now. We can hope that once these oil and defense folks leave next January, we can finally get some decent people in there who will represent us the people and work for a better future for our citizens and humanity around the world rather than what we have had over the past bunch of years...perhaps I'm the one who is naive though....

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

I await the happy occaision when you personally get to enjoy such a rain of ordinance....
American troops and forces will be bombing the American insurgents in your area soon maybe.
The Nazification of america is aptly illustrated by your callous and illinformed attitude.
bergle

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I.M.H.O. the whole problem with the way we fight wars these days is we don't fight to win, we invade a country we fight a war , we win the war, and then we give the loser a whole but load of funds and supplies and labor to rebuild their country, IDIOTIC. I am not a great big fan of the Romans, but they knew how to fight a war , they invaded, they decimated, and then they would require tribute and payment NOT TO DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!! It's backwards to fight a war and then give the country back to the losers and it is something we Americans have been doing since Oh I don't know maybe W.W.1 !!! And isn't that just about where the real problems with world politics started. Good lord if you win a war you take over the country and their assets become yours, God anybody who has ever played the game Risk knows that. You don't spend a bunch of money putting their country back together for them, they give you money and soldiers so you can go take over more lands and more peoples until you get so big you collapse in on yourself. All this "oh we can't kill anyone we are at war with" or "why are we still there fighting" it's crap. We need to fight to win, takeover the govt' , and tell them to make a provincial govt' that we want, not beg them to "Please, please, make a democratic govt' please" Jesus those people don't think like that, and neither should we. But then again I am a descendant of the Vikings so maybe I was brought up a little different than most Americans, I guess. I could be a backwards ass BARBARIAN too!!!!!!!! ALL HAIL ERIS

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
again and again the american military proves why its so hated in iraq,,such ordinance in a populated area,,,yes kill the terrorists in one house and take the entire block with it.....
please leave my country alone,,just leave and let us deal with our problems,,you came to find WMD ,,,then ,,,to remove saddam,,,just go while you still can!

[edit on 13-1-2008 by Iraqi_Fighter_Pilot]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
WOW !

Finally some "Weapons of Mass Destruction " appeared in Iraq!

That was for two reasons: Bush wanted to demonstrate some "power" to his friends in some Israeli party.

Or

Either in the last meeting of the Martin Lockheed stock analysis they found that the company needed some extra orders of weapons to get an extra 1% in their face value.

I remember when Bill Clinton was in office any time news about his love affair came up in the news Libia was bombarded the next day... I will not expect anything different from Hillary though.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mrgiller

Weapons of mass destruction? Showing the Israelis power? Where in this attack did we see WMD? There were 48 bombs used against 47 targets. These targets happened to be either Al Qaeda bases, IEDs, etc...based upon HUMINT, live imagery, etc...
Thank you for sharing you objectivity with us.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Iraqi_Fighter_Pilot

I hear it's very unpopular with Al Qaeda to have their bases bombed, so I can understand their anger with us.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The American Government is insane!! How many thousands more must die before they stop? Most of Americans sits there like parrots clapping hand just like they where trained to do. For those of you thinking this was is a good idea... I pity you!

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostinmadness
Good lord if you win a war you take over the country and their assets become yours, God anybody who has ever played the game Risk knows that.

Yes, real life is just life the game Risk. I'm not sure why more people wont understand that naval warfare should be like "Battleship" either. Seems like it's much easier to locate submarines in THAT game

The first thing that we need to do as Americans is fix our education system and teach people how to think and reason once more.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I don't catch you statement correctly - a campaign against al-Qaida civilians in Iraq - mainly because Al Qaeda civilians in Iraq do not exist as a free group. If there were Al Qaeda civilians in Iraq they are al-Qaida members lead by Ayman al-Zawahri & Osama together. Never have I seen context like that placed online. I checked this site you posted legitgov.org and breaking news is the main body of the home page no one can miss breaking news. The report about US military planes attacking known hideouts and strongholds is true their basecamp has been struck directly give or take a few bombs. A drone (counterinsurgency directive) in otherwords managed to keep tabs on the movement and traced them to a location where military supervised troops maning the equipment called for a strike and it was carried out just as a normal proceedure so theres nothing big about a planned gift as someone mentioned, Al-Jazeera may want everyone to believe that the Al Qaeda is welcomed in Iraq and the Middle East but I bet you can't prove that the Al Qaeda is welcomed anywhere in the world. Saddam also rejected supporting the Al Qaeda presence in Iraq. Now that this is aside the argument believe me Al Qaeda is a terrorist organisation and has increased their plans to draw blood inside Palestine so a battle is brewing against the Al Qaeda & Hamas and anyone else that wishes to engage in a super thrust. Before you copy/posted this message didn't anything seem strange that al-Qaida was being used to support its movement and wonder just why you were posting propaganda on the Al Qaeda and fail to point out that it is propaganda. Another such air strike by Coalition Forces occurred on Thursday 08, February 2007 so its nothing new, and a weapon cache was discovered for a car bomb factory used by Al Qaeda (the Arab Jabour region as a launching pad for attacks aimed at poor Baghdad citizens & US Troop movements). The people living there are nearly all Sunni, they know what the Al Qaeda has been doing but not the exact location where they met at. US forces patrol the farmlands of Arab Jabour and they are frineds with the US. All you did was add to the robust propaganda using this website. Al Qaeda’s network is thought to be on the run in the areas where there is a US and Concerned Citizens presence. The Al Qaeda often use shields and innocent people for suicide attacks so they can move on with Al Qaeda business.

US soldiers and Concerned Citizens in Arab Jabour

[edit on 14-1-2008 by OoTopNotchoO]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

This was not an example of indiscrimate bombing with assumed collateral damage as accepted risks of war.
This area is worked exstensively with the cooperation of Coalition Forces, Governement of Iraq forces and covert and overt and civil militias all for the consented purpose of driving AQI and Jam insurgents from the local populace's area especially in Arab Jaboor. So, there was plenty of fore knowledge neutral locals.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by malica
....Most of Americans sits there like parrots clapping hand just like they where trained to do. For those of you thinking this was is a good idea... I pity you!

more like sheep. i concur my fellow americans have been socially conditioned and believe in the media. the media is the forth estate.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

I think one should look for corroboration in news stories. I don't trust or distrust the media automatically. I listen/watch a variety of sources, and see if there's trends, evidence, what have you, before accepting something as fact. I think it's a mistake to automatically discount anything the media reports though. You just have to check around if it's a sensational story.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by malica

Do you see Americans out in the streets burning Iraqi flags and saying down with Iraq. I sure as hell don't.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Not pleasure in the death so much as relief that they will no longer be running around killing innocents. When dirtbags are taken out, I view that as a positive thing.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Do you see Americans out in the streets burning Iraqi flags and saying down with Iraq. I sure as hell don't.

Do you see Iraqis in US streets gunning down civilians? I sure as hell don't.

Looks like you were right about Americans not burning the Iraqi flag in the streets though, they do it at concerts instead:

[edit on 15-1-2008 by Koka]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join