It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

us planes unleash 40,000 pounds of bombs

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

< 5 iranian "tailors"measure pleasure craft were buzzing our 3 ships the other day in the straits of hormuz ?>
Yeah, what was up with that? Is the Navy on the same side as our Air Force?

[edit on 11-1-2008 by humanunnaki]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Quite likely JDAM's were used.

I'm confident when I say this wasn't the type of bombing one sees on WW2 news reels.

Anywho, not really a lot if one considers that a Bone can carry almost twice that bomb load internally.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

www.globalsecurity.org...

The Battle of Fallujah was conducted from 8 to 20 November 2004 with the last fire mission on 17 November. The battle was fought by an Army, Marine and Iraqi force of about 15,000 under the I Marine Expeditionary Force (IMEF). US forces found WP to be useful in the Battle of Fallujah. "WP proved to be an effective and versatile munition. We used it for screening missions at two breeches and, later in the fight, as a potent psychological weapon against the insurgents in trench lines and spider holes when we could not get effects on them with HE. We fired “shake and bake” missions at the insurgents, using WP to flush them out and HE to take them out. ... We used improved WP for screening missions when HC smoke would have been more effective and saved our WP for lethal missions

the US has allready admitted to using WP indiscriminantly in fullajah , there is video of WP bombs exploding over random locations in teh city hitting men women and children , the US directly attacked civilians with this weapon ind broke the genvra conventions and thus is a war crime

well all except:

White phosphorus is not banned by any treaty to which the United States is a signatory

just because the US didn`t sign to say its a WMD doesn`t mean the rest of the world doesn`t consider its use a WMD.

the US didn`t sign to the rest of the CWC because they use agents like phosphurus in the way that breaks the geneva conventions.

now stop it , you have been proved wrong again.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

the US has allready admitted to using WP indiscriminantly in fullajah , there is video of WP bombs exploding over random locations in teh city hitting men women and children , the US directly attacked civilians with this weapon ind broke the genvra conventions and thus is a war crime

Have never seen or heard of this video. Not saying it does or doesn't exist as I do not know.

Would you mind sending this to me in my mail box, as it would be going off topic on here.

Thanks!!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Treaties are agreement between multiple parties. Non signatories of said treaty, have not agreed to abide by the treaty, nor are they required to.
I'd love for you to show us some videos from Fallujah showing innocent men, women, and children being attacked with WP. Some of us who were there know better.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Midav

Here's the details of this attack-

/2s9wyr

"BAGHDAD, Iraq - One of the largest bombing campaigns of the war destroyed extremists' "defensive belts" south of Baghdad, allowing American soldiers to push into areas where they have not been in years, a top commander said Friday. "

"The day before, two B1-B bombers and four F-16 fighter jets dropped 48 precision-guided bombs on 47 targets..."

"The targets consisted mainly of weapons caches and powerful roadside bombs buried deep underground — key defensive elements for al-Qaida in Iraq insurgents, said Donnelly and Army Col. Terry Ferrell, commander of the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division.

As U.S. and Iraqi ground forces move through areas to push out insurgents, Ferrell said members of the so-called "Awakening Council" movement — mostly Sunni fighters who switched sides to join in the fight against al-Qaida — will be relied upon to stabilize the region and maintain security.

It was those Sunni fighters, Ferrell said, who largely provided the intelligence that allowed U.S. forces to locate the targets destroyed in Thursday's bombing.

Despite the massive size of the airstrikes, Donnelly said that to the military's knowledge, no civilians were killed. That could not immediately be independently confirmed. He added that strikes on three targets were called off because unmanned surveillance planes showed civilians in those areas.

Donnelly said it was not yet known how many insurgents were killed in the attacks.

But Mustapha Kamil Shibeeb al-Jibouri, leader of Arab Jabour's Awakening Council, said the airstrikes killed at least 21 al-Qaida militants including a group leader."

"Their bodies are still in the area. They have not been evacuated yet," he told The Associated Press.

After Thursday's fierce airstrikes, soldiers discovered two houses used to torture kidnap victims and arrested at least 12 suspected insurgents, according to an Iraqi officer."

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
"The day before, two B1-B bombers and four F-16 fighter jets dropped 48 precision-guided bombs on 47 targets..."

Answered it right there!

Thank you!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Reply to yahn goodney

yea me too--- worried they might have missed

Yeh I am worried Too. They might have missed and killed a loda civilians.

---where were these planes when the 5 iranian "tailors"measure pleasure craft were buzzing our 3 ships the other day in the straits of hormuz ?

These planes were too busy dropping 40,000 pounds bomb in other remote places in Iraq where they think terrorist/civilian towns exist.

The question is where were these planes when Israel wanted them to start another War and remove the threat of Iran which is starting to become very competitive millitarily??

Its time to take revenge for all those (Undefeated) Merkava tanks destroyed in Israeli/Lebanon war.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by kangjia57]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

I suggest you read the article I just posted, before making anymore speculations. The Air Force doesn't just scramble, and wing it, with regards to mission planning/bombing missions. Target nominations are based on very methodical planning and intel, as was the case here.
You get tip offs, you verify and monitor with various ISR assets, and then conduct risk assessments and methodical planning, before ever launching.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AsjnPoCtMVydNbpijGPUpCkZO7gF

BAGHDAD (AFP) - A massive US air blitz on Al-Qaeda targets south of Baghdad killed a local leader of the jihadi network and at least 20 other militants, the head of an anti-Qaeda front said on Friday.

"Our information confirmed that Walid Khudair, also known as al-Jahash, leader of Al-Qaeda in the southern belts of Baghdad was killed," said Mustaf al-Jabouri, leader of the anti-Qaeda "Awakening" group in the targeted village of Arab Jabour.

"Twenty other terrorists were also killed," Sheikh Jabouri, a tribal leader, told AFP by telephone.

The US military could not confirm that militants were killed in Thursday's air bombardments, which saw 47,500 pounds (21,500 kilograms) of explosives dropped on 47 targets in a 10-minute blitz.

"We have had no reports of any civilians killed," a US military commander Colonel Terry Ferrell told a Baghdad press conference.

Asked if any Al-Qaeda fighters were killed, he said, "I don't have the assessment at this time."

So an anti-Al Qaeda group confirms the deads of an Al Qaeda leader along with 20 others from this bombing. As well as cache of weapons.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
i bet there hasn't done much harm, since those "carpet bombings" are just there to make the survivors very angry..

it was by the way just a timed bombing, cause bush is in da house...

edit:
that makes 1 ton for one bad guy. they should have thrown 20 "WOMD" weapons of mass destruction (daisy cutter.. nice word. let there be spring!). good for the military industry, good for the army, good for the flowers, good for everyone - there is nothing left to bury

[edit on 11/1/2008 by rxnnxs]

[edit on 11/1/2008 by rxnnxs]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
just because the US didn`t sign to say its a WMD doesn`t mean the rest of the world doesn`t consider its use a WMD.

Umm...Nothing you have posted says anything about WP being a WMD.
It only says they consider it illegal.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I find it remarkable how the western nations that voted AGAINST the UN, accusing the mof being worthless and curropt, are the same nations complicit in the curroption in the firstplace.

Oil for food is just the FIRST example, look at halliburtons dealings with sanctions countries, Australias use of its Wheat exports and british use of european oil for food.

We only voice the curroption long enough to tain the UN as worthless and curropt, as soon as its shown that we, the mighty western nations are COMPLICIT, well it becomes a behind the doors proceeding.

F'n hypocrytical people make me sick.

I swear, some people just arent human.
We are murdering, raping and occupying a soveriegn nation.. and peopel are defending it?....

Why don't you use Saddam Hussein for an example for Oil for Food, he pocketed a couple billions of dollars from that?

Personally, with all the crimes that Saddam Hussein commited, it was justifiable to finish the job that Bush 41 never had the balls to do. Hussein should've been removed from office in the early 90's. He may or may not have had weapons of mass destruction, but he still should've been taken out a decade earlier. If the Executive Branch deliberately lied about weapons of mass destruction to start a war, Bush and Cheney should be impeached. Congress doesn't have the balls to do that, let alone investigate.

I'm not a supporter of this war and how it was fought, but let's stop pretending like Saddam Hussein was a nice guy and deserved to stay in power in Iraq. If the administration would've came out and said that they were going to remove Saddam Hussein for his crimes against humanity, instead of saying they had wmd's, this war wouldn't be viewed as illegal. I don't think the war is illegal, I just think that it was a poor time to invade Iraq. We should've been more focused on capturing high ranking Al-Qaeda officials in Afghanistan instead of focusing on Iraq. The U.S is still in both countries and they haven't accomplished the goals we set. Now, there are rumblings about Iran! Haven't we learned anything? These wars are half baked attempts and just because we have the best technology doesn't mean we can occupy a country with less than 200,000 people.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rxnnxs

You need to make sure that you're using the correct terms, when making your analogies. There was no carpet bombing in this incident(48 bombs with 47 targets= 1 bomb per target for 46 targets and 2 bombs on the 47th target).

Here's some instructional aids to help clarify this confusion.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.g2mil.com...
www.cc.gatech.edu...

en.wikipedia.org...
americandigest.org...
img2.travelblog.org...

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

Originally posted by deltaboy
Why should I show concerned about insurgents getting blown up? I understand your feelings for insurgents' lives, but you need to get over it.

You make the grand assumption that these are bombs that only kill insurgents, do the US have bombs that are capable of making such judgement calls?

The insurgents don't seem to regard the lives of their citizens much either. Their bombs are planted puroposfully to kill innocents. I remember when the war first started they planted a bomb outside of a grade school. They deserve to die. If you read more you would know the area is mostly deserted as it has been under constant siege since the war begun.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The B-52, just one alone has a 70,000 lb bomb load...
After much further review the sophistication of this strike is well...awesome. The painstaking review of targets and search for nearby innocents via drones then what so far seems to be the 100% mission complete ratio that the US and ONLY the US is capable of has sent an extremely crisp and clear message to all potential threats around the world.

Im still in disbelief at the staggering sophistication of it all. Who in charge finally let the US commanders do it this right?

Im going to do some research but this appears to me to be one of the most well executed combat missions of the war.

The USs ability to carry out surgery with a sledgehammer is terrifying.

For now Im still not buying that absolutely NO innocents were killed. Especially since the initial post mission reports are from now pro US Sunnis that were at one time shooting/bombing the allies.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Nice name, "Phantom Phoenix". I suppose the goal is to bomb a phoenix that is totally imaginary? Phoenix NOT rising, due to fabricated intelligence. Happy new year!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

I feel sorry for brainwashed people that see war as a video game or a movie you'd find at Blockbuster. Why don't you actually watch some videos of the soldiers over there, why don't you do the study to see how effected most of these foot soldiers are once back home? Do you seriously believe people gain happiness from this business of death?

Well, I thought that quote was especially fitting for that statement. I bet it brought a chuckle to some that are reading this thread.

Hmmm...watch videos of Soldiers over there? Is that how you're getting your view of the war? Interesting.

You see, I don't have to watch videos. I get all expense paid tours of that region all the time. I get to spend a few months evening out my tan, living in a tent, cleaning sand out of my food and jockeyshorts, and, if I'm lucky, get to put paid to any boogereater that happens to be a threat to US troops.

yeahh yeahh yeahh,your nothing but a racist.

If your lucky!So you enjoy killing boogereaters then?

well I hope your never lucky,your a disgrace.

Hopefullysome police division monitors this site as your a threat to soceity if you count killing people as lucky.

Shamefull

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

watchZEITGEISTnow I am going to go ahead and respond to this because I have seen it.

The first thing is you would be removed from the command you are in/ or if that did not happen you would be placed doing some menial job that did not apply to your objection...such as working in the kitchen....working in a supply job or if it was considered a time of war you would be placed in the brig and face charges under the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice)

By the way there are very few military commanders who would enforce that type of command. Your thoughts are plausible only in the path that the military would have to be spread thin enough throughout the world that UN Forces would have to be called in to do that. You can even look up the surveys on line that UNFORTUNALTELY were given to the USMC about this very such subject.

I think you are really un informed about the military....It does not produce robots...Like I said think outside the box and up the food chain and you might find what you are talking about.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Strapping Young Lad

Actually complex(and successful) missions happen frequently, but they're not necessarily as dramatic. A lot of planning goes into every mission though.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join