It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

us planes unleash 40,000 pounds of bombs

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Koka

That's it? A biker's rally?

Comon, give me the best you can. Something in comparison like Iranians burning American flags in the streets. Tens of thousands of people. Not a bunch of drunks.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Maybe you'd like to stipulate how many examples you would like, then when provided, change the criteria till you've justified your statement.

If the US was invaded by [Enter country of your choice] I feel I could say with a firm degree of confidence many of the invading force's flags would be burned, do you disagree with that statement?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Reply to Koka

Maybe you'd like to stipulate how many examples you would like, then when provided, change the criteria till you've justified your statement.

Yeh deltaboy is definetly very good at doing that.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Could someone who really knows the foreign America policy tell us what are the reasons for USA still be in Iraq ? remembering that the provisioning of expenses for this adventure in 2008 will be 508 Billion dollars.

1- Is it for Oil ?

2- Is it to control the middle east arena

3- Is it to bring America way of life to the muslins ?

4- Is it to make profits with war and selling weapons ?

5- Was it for killing Saddam Hussein

6- Was it to revenge the 9/11 acts of terror

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mrgiller

To make sure the Iraqi government is set up for success in the wake of the fighting, and to prevent all out civil war from occurring. Whether you agree with why we went in the first place, we do have a responsibility to the Iraqi people now that we are there. Leaving before certain benchmarks of success have been met, would set a terrible precedent for both the Iraqi people, and any would be foes.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

Rubbish!You have no right being in that country,the UN never authorized this.There was not an active WMD program and Iraq had no ties to 9/11
You had no right to break that country,let alone stay there and fix it!

I cant understand how you warmongers even think this way.Must be brainwashed through the media and school to chant Number one and worship your flags.You Bush fanatics are insane!

[edit on 20-1-2008 by noangels]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
As Blue said, doesn't matter if we should have been there or not, just up and leaving right now sure isn't going to fix things. Seriously, what do you imagine will happen if the US does leave Iraq right now, today? Just tell the people, "Sorry, my bad" pack up our stuff and fly away.

Originally posted by noangels
I cant understand how you warmongers even think this way.Must be brainwashed through the media and school to chant Number one and worship your flags.You Bush fanatics are insane!

Bush fanatics? I know people that would love to see Bush burned at the stake who think the same way about Iraq as Blue does. We're there, we need to try to fix it.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
You had no right to break it,so you have no right to fix it!

I cant believe you lot churn out this phrase every time.

If someone broke into your house while you where away(and no one was there)would you allow them to stay as long as they like fixing the place back up!

Nah you would do what everyone else would do and man handle them out and lock the door.hey if your lucky sunshine you might get lucky and shoot him

If your lunatic Bush starts the next world war,I hope the world population gets a chance to say what side it wants to fight with!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by noangels

Didn't answer my question: What would you do? What are some of your ideas on how to fix Iraq?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I think a better analogy would be if your oil tanker runs aground, and creates an environmental catastrophe, it's your reponsibility to make it right. Saying that well, the oil tanker shouldn't have run aground in the first place doesn't really address the result of it having done so.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Rubbish!You have no right being in that country,the UN never authorized this.There was not an active WMD program and Iraq had no ties to 9/11
You had no right to break that country,let alone stay there and fix it!

[edit on 20-1-2008 by noangels]

So you think that we have no responsibility to the Iraqi people at this point, to help stabilize the situation? That's hardly warmongering. As for being in Iraq- the ceasefire at the end of Desert Storm had conditions that if not met, would/could result in resumption of combat operations. We didn't need the UN to give additional approval, as there were still resolutions in effect. The UN did unanimously pass UN 1441 authorizing force if Saddam didn't comply with his disarmament obligations. Saddam failed to meet his obligations, giving hard evidence that Iraq had no active WMD program, and that he'd destroyed his known stockpiles. We were going after terror groups, AND terror states(providing safe haven, funds, armaments), in the wake of 9/11.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

It's real freakin' easy to scream, "US out of Iraq" but when you ask, "What should we do to fix the problem?," I just get blank looks.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
"al-Qaida civilians "- means anybody that is on the ground.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

LEAVE THERE!! WALK OUT LIKE WE WALKED IN!!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Your numbers are quite low. We have blown up many more than that. I can prove it.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I'm sorry but you are wrong. I would not point out your misinformation unless I heard the actual plans for this scam with my own ears.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

The UN say this war is Illegal,no matter what dribble you sprout here doesnt make it true!
Our two countries have raped Iraq brutaly. You warmongers elected that god talking madman for a 2nd term knowing damm well that the american war machine that surrounded fallujah were waiting for the results with baited breath.Then you let them descimated that city with their shake and bake tactics and think its ok because your the good guys.
Your nothing but arogant bullies and need to be taught a lesson,the world shouldnt have let you get away with this bloody war.
The UN should tell you to leave,and if you dont use troops to kick you back nursing your wounds.Then the surrounding areas bording Iraq should help out with the security in the country and bring back life to this country you savaged so easily and without a care in the world.
The blood of many in Iraq stains your soul,the day you warmongers see this is the day you can start to clean yourself.
Untill then your marked

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

The UN say this war is Illegal,no matter what dribble you sprout here doesnt make it true!
Our two countries have raped Iraq brutaly. You warmongers elected that god talking madman for a 2nd term knowing damm well that the american war machine that surrounded fallujah were waiting for the results with baited breath.Then you let them descimated that city with their shake and bake tactics and think its ok because your the good guys.
Your nothing but arogant bullies and need to be taught a lesson,the world shouldnt have let you get away with this bloody war.
The UN should tell you to leave,and if you dont use troops to kick you back nursing your wounds.Then the surrounding areas bording Iraq should help out with the security in the country and bring back life to this country you savaged so easily and without a care in the world.
The blood of many in Iraq stains your soul,the day you warmongers see this is the day you can start to clean yourself.
Untill then your marked

So you deny that there were UN resolutions against Saddam's regime, or that he had any obligation to follow them, but if the US does something that there is no UN resolution against, we're in the wrong, and are arrogant bullies? Furthermore, when you say the UN says the war is illegal, exactly who are you referring to? The majority of the members of the UN, in a vote, or a few outspoken individuals?
Can you describe exactly how the US/UK have raped Iraq? I guess removing a brutal dictator, and allowing a free election is pretty immoral?
I guess all the money we've spent working on getting their infrastructure operational was pretty immoral too.
As for Fallujah- I was there- were you? You can spare me all the anti west/anti US/anti War propaganda that you've obviously bought into from what you've read online. There were no tactics used in Fallujah, that were contrary to the Laws of Armed Combat, Geneva Conventions, etc...
I suppose all the Sunnis in Al Anbar are wrong for supporting the US against the insurgency too, now that they've seen who the real enemy of the Iraqi people are.

Here are some good quotes from one of the finest Presidents in US History.
Theodore Roosevelt

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

"No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it."

"I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character! "

"The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer."

"Wars are, of course, as a rule to be avoided; but they are far better than certain kinds of peace."

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
You my warmongering friend are a liar,and I will stick by that.
White phosphorus was used with high explosives to shake and bake the population living in that devasted city

www.independent.co.uk...

You where there then?big deal sunshine,doesnt impress me in the slightest.I actualy feel sorry for you and your work!poor chap

anyway here is a quote by Churchill

You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they’ve tried everything else

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I'm surprised you'd quote Churchill. You sound more like a Neville Chamberlain fan.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join