It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I see the light!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
"Im sorry, if that doesnt scream brainwashing I dont know what does."
So any form of brain washing is bad? WE need our brains washed. Washed in the blood of the lamb.
God allows evil things because man rejected the perfect world that God had created fo him.
God is making sure that we get a belly full of what we chose.
He sent his son to die in our place so that we could be saved from the housecleaning that is coming.
When God's creation has sufficiently learned its lesson, he will create a new heaven and a new earth like it was in the beginning. Then all those who believed in his son will get to live with him.
You better get your brains washed and forget this dribble about Christianity being some thing made up by man. Your part of the falling away that was prophecied in these days. Better get your head outta your arse and get back to Jesus. cantyousee

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rm8471

Wow, I was going to reply but you took the words right out of my mouth. Well said.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by cantyousee

Are you seriously saying that we NEED to be brainwashed???

That I need to quit having a relationship with God on my own and follow the church because if I dont I will be tossed to hell when he comes to fix everything we screwed up. Are you saying that I need to be quiet and not fight for anything because God will come and fix it all? Did you know that in the 16th century the Catholic church removed parts of the bible that delt with a person having a relationship with God with out the church? Where in the bible does it say that you need not think for yourself, that you have to "hear" someone else think for you or you will go to hell?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cantyousee

Kool-aid anyone?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Infoman

Quick Question : Em... where in my post did I say that anyone who believes in a religion should stop believing and dissapear? That's right, I did not.

And no offense, but if you're going to take a bash at me, please don't try to insult my intelligence, I meant no harm to you, so I see no reason for you to try and insult me.

I believe that everyone can co-exist together, many of my family are religious, and I respect them for it as they have made a life decision and stuck to it, whether I believe that it is correct or not.

So next time, please, don't have a go at anyone you don't know. Thanks

TheSecretTruth

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Garnet

Religion is a man-made system to organize different belief systems and I actually believe all the different religions is necessary for the different stages of spiritual development everyone is at. No one religion is superior than another or more right than another, there is truth and fallacies in all religions. I also believe that no matter what religion one is in, we are all worshiping the same God whether we realize it or not. Some say there are multiple Gods like one for rain and another for the sun but it is all the same, just one God in control. You can give him any name you want but he is still our God! I do not believe you have to be apart of a man-made belief system in order to have a relationship with God.

Do you have a problem with just religion or do you think God is not real at all? Don't let religion take belief and faith away!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by cantyousee
"Im sorry, if that doesnt scream brainwashing I dont know what does."
So any form of brain washing is bad? WE need our brains washed. Washed in the blood of the lamb.
God allows evil things because man rejected the perfect world that God had created fo him.
God is making sure that we get a belly full of what we chose.
He sent his son to die in our place so that we could be saved from the housecleaning that is coming.
When God's creation has sufficiently learned its lesson, he will create a new heaven and a new earth like it was in the beginning. Then all those who believed in his son will get to live with him.
You better get your brains washed and forget this dribble about Christianity being some thing made up by man. Your part of the falling away that was prophecied in these days. Better get your head outta your arse and get back to Jesus. cantyousee

Hmmm...this mental cleaning concept may be a bit beyond for a lot of people here. A kind of cleaning off the dirt or "housecleaning" as you'd mentioned here is a little different then the "mind control" non-believers dub as "brainwashing". I like the literal interpretation you'd put here, though think the concept may be too far reaching for those who have not been mentally/spiritually inventoried. As soon as you'd showed any indication of brainwash advocacy, everything else got tuned out unfortunately. Myself, I would've been more offended by the last line but am not sure anyone else read that far.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Anyone who dosnt believe religion is brainwashing PLEASE watch zeitgeist. Then offer some explantion to what they present. Im not saying dont be spiritual and Im not saying there is no god or any of that but I am saying organized religion has proven itself to be a system of control.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoLaR513
Anyone who dosnt believe religion is brainwashing PLEASE watch zeitgeist.

Saw it. The story of anagrams, improper entymology, and History Channel-like conspiracy 'possibilities' should be as transparent as a geist. If not, my recommendation would be to cross-reference with the dictionary and history books.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Garnet

I don't know - I was an atheist for over 20 years, and then I was saved. What it sounds like you're hating about the church to me is exactly that: the church. I'm a newbie, but I can definitely say that there's a big difference between the church and churchgoers and a man's salvation. I'm a Christian, saved at age 33, and I'm happier than I've ever been in my life. I hope you find your way. Peace - Kai

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

How would you explain all of the similarities to horus and other spiritual figures predating the bible? Like I said though im not saying dont be spiritual or any of that so please dont hate on me. Im trying to figure it all out myself. All iknow is that I know nothing. However I was raised in organized religion by fanatical christians and Im just not buying it.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I liked the post. Much of what you say is real.
To really pursue the matter is to believe in reincarnation, in the long run. Then, to believe that the person known to the world as "jesus christ" was really known by the name of Jmmanuel, as prophesied before his birth in the Old Testament.
And that his birthday was February 3, back then, and then was again in 1937.
The man is still alive over in the land of Switzerland, and yet he still remains in contact with the people from another star system who consulted with him many times before, as he has lived amongst us several times over the centuries.
As my testimony testifies, we are free to believe what we choose to believe.
May your path to enlightenment be filled with wonderment and happiness.
As a side note to the Bible, once while attending a stirring Christian revival with a little guitar strumming, the minister, or preacher of the event revealed that one word that flowed throughout the book was WATER. A cleanser all by itself.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

How would you explain all of the similarities to horus and other spiritual figures predating the bible?

In addition to what I'd already stated, many times previous mythologies were 'stretched to fit' as in the text says "this" but these things "can perhaps be seen vaguely by someone who hasn't studied both that..." History is good to know, spoon-fed media...not so much.

Like I said though im not saying dont be spiritual or any of that so please dont hate on me. Im trying to figure it all out myself.

I'm not and apologize if it was seen as personal. I have beef with the video, not people.

All iknow is that I know nothing.

You know Socrates...or at least you and he sound similar in this regard
. I'd give you (and Socrates) a lot more credit than this. You know quite a bit I'm sure. So did he...and neither of you helpless to make a difference.

However I was raised in organized religion by fanatical christians and Im just not buying it.

What is 'fanatical'? Organized in what way? These subjective terms is where we get into trouble. I'm frustrated with even our president using 'extreme' in terms of religion. Extreme Christianity is extreme love, extreme charity, extreme forgiveness. Is this really a bad thing?

[edit on 16-1-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

I think thats the main thing and thats the part of Jesus's ministry I can buy is LOVE. John Lennon said all you need is love. Jesus said love thy neighbor. I cant see anything wrong with that. If their is one thing this world needs more of its love. In the bible the word love and charity are often the same. The problems that i have are with the various churches that distort the word to fit an agenda and control peoples lives. I have seen it over and over. Fear was not the message it was love and hope but that message has been lost through a system of control.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join