It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I see the light!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
So up until the last week or so I was still believing the lame horse # that's been forced down my throat for the last 21 years. Isn't it funny how, just because you've been brought up a certain way and surrounded by people who all share the same beliefs, your mind just accepts it? I've always had a difficult time contradicting the so-called facts that have been preached to me; most of you can probably relate to that. I feel so brainwashed now!

Anyway, after "being a Christian" for so long, I'm finding it hard to express why exactly I feel the way I do. I'm not sure if I believe that religion is a conspiracy, exactly, but it would not surprise me in the slightest. Obviously I don't even have to mention why it's possible--look at all of the money involved; every Christian church in existance practically begs for money even though it's supposed to be the root of all evil. And since this planet has been in existence, leaders have done everything possible to force people to blindly follow them. I don't think the Bible is any different, especially since we are supposed to fear God. It's just a way to control us.

What really kills it for me are the followers. Everyone I've ever gone to church with and known personally at the same time would say one thing in church and another outside of it. Some of the worst, most immoral people I've ever known have attended church with me in the past. Then they claim that God does so much for them; sorry, that's you doing it and not Him. Even if you pray for it and somewhere down the road it actually happens, it's just a coincidence. Funny how the Bible expressly states that you should be persistant with your prayers and that God will only do everything in His time. To me that's just an attempt to cover up the fact that there is no Christian God. If the Bible didn't say that he only does things on his time, then he would automatically be proven false the first time someone prayed.

They all use God as a copout, too. The situation that sticks in my mind the most happened during the last time I set foot in a church. A guy got up on stage with a microphone to share his "testimony" and told about some of his past. He said that years ago, he had been a minister at another church and was then married with a wife and two kids. Long story short, he was giving a woman in the church some counseling and ended up shagging her silly on several occasions (yes, he actually admitted this to everyone, although he didn't use that choice of words... LOL) and was found out. His wife divorced him and he was no longer allowed in the church. So then he went on and on about how much he regretted it and would do anything to get them back, but kept saying that he was glad that God had chosen to show him what he could lose from sinning. So now because he went around telling everyone what a huge lying, cheating, sinful ass he is, his wife is giving him another chance. And everyone actually LOOKS UP to him just because he's going around giving God the glory for what all he learned as a result. I've never been forced to endure a bigger load of crap.

So basically I've gone from crying during prayers to rolling my eyes every time someone says "Jesus". It's like the very thought of Christianity and everything surrounding it absolutely disgusts me now. I'm not an evil person; I think I'm extremely moral compared to most people, actually. It's just that everything feels so fake and I think it's just some big stupid story that was conjured up.

Who else feels the same way? Tell me I'm not just going nuts and that Christianity is, in fact, just a massive fabrication.

And actually, if one of you believers wants to add your two cents, go ahead (not that I would have to give you permission anyway, I suspect).

[edit on 10-1-2008 by Garnet]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Christianity is true, Christianity is false, one of these statements is false. Have Fun!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
Christianity is true, Christianity is false, one of these statements is false. Have Fun!

Here's a list of quotes that have served to convince me further:

"If you really delve into the Bible you will see that it is a maze, a mass, a veritable labyrinth of contradictions, inconsistencies, inaccuracies, poor mathematics, bad science, erroneous geography, false prophecies, immoral comments, degenerate heroes, and a multitude of other problems too numerous to mention. It may be somebody's word but it certainly isn't the product of a perfect, divine being. The Bible has more holes in it than a backdoor screen. In a society dominated by the Book's influence, all freethinkers should do what Adam and Eve did when they were expelled from the Garden of Eden. They went out and raised Cain." C. Dennis McKinsey

"We have become so accustomed to the religious lie that surrounds us that we do not notice the atrocity, stupidity and cruelty with which the teaching of the Christian church is permeated." Leo Tolstoy

"You find as you look around the world that every single bit of progress in humane feeling, every improvement in the criminal law, every step toward the diminution of war, every step toward better treatment of the colored races, or every mitigation of slavery, every moral progress that there has been in the world, has been consistently opposed by the organized churches of the world. I say quite deliberately that the Christian religion, as organized in its churches, has been and still is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world." Bertrand Russell

"Through logic, you can see that the church concept of an all-loving heavenly father doesn’t hold water. If a divine Maker fashioned everything that exists, he designed breast cancer for women, childhood leukaemia, cerebral palsy, leprosy, AIDS, Alzheimer’s disease, and Down’s syndrome. He mandated foxes to rip rabbits apart (bunnies emit a terrible shriek at that moment) and cheetahs to slaughter fawns. No human would be cruel enough to plan such horrors. If a supreme being did so, he’s a monster, not an all-merciful father." James Haught

"I have recently been examining all the known superstitions of the world, and do not find in our particular superstition [Christianity] one redeeming feature. They are all alike, founded upon fables and mythologies." Thomas Jefferson

"Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and tortuous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we call it the word of a demon than the word of God." Thomas Paine

"If you pray for rain long enough, it eventually does fall. If you pray for floodwaters to abate, they eventually do. The same happens in the absence of prayers." Steve Allen

"Faith is the effort to believe what your common sense tells you is not true." Elbert Hubbard

"According to the celestial multiplication table, once one is three, and three times one is one, and according to heavenly subtraction if we take two from three, three are left. The addition is equally peculiar, if we add two to one we have but one. Each one is equal to himself and the other two. Nothing ever was, nothing ever can be more perfectly idiotic and absurd than the dogma of the Trinity." Robert Ingersoll

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. . . . If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. . . . If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" Epicurus

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garnet
Isn't it funny how, just because you've been brought up a certain way and surrounded by people who all share the same beliefs, your mind just accepts it?

Yes. In the same sense as things being millions of years old, one's mind just accepts it as fact. What was it I believe hitler said, that a lie repeated long enough and loud enough will be believed by anybody. Somethin to that effect.

I've always had a difficult time contradicting the so-called facts that have been preached to me; most of you can probably relate to that. I feel so brainwashed now!

No different than with anything else, whether you were battered into believing a truth or a lie, it's the same difference. Is it not?

I'm not sure if I believe that religion is a conspiracy, exactly, but it would not surprise me in the slightest.

Religion is works done by man for GOD (it's what the participants think anyway). Being born again is a work done by GOD, with man. Big difference.

Obviously I don't even have to mention why it's possible--look at all of the money involved; every Christian church in existance practically begs for money even though it's supposed to be the root of all evil.

There's only one church. It's no denomination or institution. It's specifically build by GOD, according to his will.

What really kills it for me are the followers. Everyone I've ever gone to church with and known personally at the same time would say one thing in church and another outside of it. Some of the worst, most immoral people I've ever known have attended church with me in the past.

There's a big difference between being the church and going to it.

Then they claim that God does so much for them; sorry, that's you doing it and not Him.

Their god does. Just because they call him Jesus doesn't make him the real Jesus.

Jesus has a counterfeit who is called by many names, even his own.

Who else feels the same way?

I do about a lot of your aggravations. I've lived around the show, and know. Most of it is a show. Most of it has nothing to do with the real Jesus. Oh, it's about "him", but he ain't in it.

Tell me I'm not just going nuts and that Christianity is, in fact, just a massive fabrication.

What's known by the majority of the world as "christianity". It is.

Now if you can forsake this load of garbage done in the name of Jesus Christ and continue to seek after the real "HIM". You'll be on the right track.

And actually, if one of you believers wants to add your two cents, go ahead (not that I would have to give you permission anyway, I suspect).

There's my two pennies.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I suspected the title was sarcasm and was proven right. Sorry Christianity wasn't what you wanted it to be. In fairness, isn't a cameleon belief, changing to accomodate those who wish it to be something other than what it is. Christains believe that we're the ones who have to believe in God's universe, rather than asking God to fit what we want in a religion.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om

Oy, that was rough.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Who else feels the same way? Tell me I'm not just going nuts and that Christianity is, in fact, just a massive fabrication.

Don't just stop at Christianity. We are born as animals with essentially no understanding as to how to act in human society. These things are all learned. You learn to control your bowels so you don't poop your pants around other people. You don't do that naturally. So right from the get-go, people are training the way you act and think to conform to the way they want.

At a certain level, we learn the morality of good and bad, which tends to conveniently coincide with what the rest of society wants, not us individually. Your mommy and daddy teach you about Jesus, because that's what they were taught. They got rewarded for going along with it, and want you to get the same benefit. Of course with every reward there's a punishment, but you have to weigh that stuff all the time.

Anyway, the point is, once your eyes have been opened about Christianity, then you can apply it to your government, laws, schools, and even your groups of friends you hang out with. They're all manipulating you.

The ultimate trick is to try to find a way where you can live a decent life around people while still recognizing the nonsense and pointlessness of a lot of what you are told to do by others. You'll have to compromise. You'll have to know when to speak up and when to shut up. Some battles are not worth fighting.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
i think it basicly comes down to man has perverted something that was meant to be good with his evil ways. even the koran is banned from being written in a language all its own it must have orginal hebrew writting next to it to prevent man from changing what was orginally written so curroption of the bible has been going on for along time

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep
Now if you can forsake this load of garbage done in the name of Jesus Christ and continue to seek after the real "HIM". You'll be on the right track.

I'm not sure that I want to seek the "real Him" after what I just finished reading. Apparently he condoned baby killing back in the day; maybe he still does, I don't know.

You should all read this site, mainly the links that are listed beneath "Contents": www.evilbible.com

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I'm not sure that I want to seek the "real Him" after what I just finished reading.

Since he owns the place and is the giver of life. It wouldn't be too bad of an idea. What his enemies have to say means nothing. What you've read and those poor souls you quoted. They certainly won't mind taking another down with them.

Since he does own the place, he can let remain dead what he will and make alive what he will. It's all his.

If the religious adversary doesn't trap a man, his opposite extreme will. The cleaning system appears to work quite well.

Why can so few see his two sided face? They are probably either one side or the other.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I'm not sure that I want to seek the "real Him" after what I just finished reading. Apparently he condoned baby killing back in the day; maybe he still does, I don't know.

You should all read this site, mainly the links that are listed beneath "Contents": www.evilbible.com

"who exists as Son for ever and ever. You are what you are, you are who you are"

"Whoever calls you in whatever way, you are that One"

We are all One in Love and Light,
The barriers that appear to separate us
are nothing more then then the barriers we create,
those Walls can come down and an abundant of Love will flow outward.
The kingdom we all seek comes from within.
That is where you find God.
Many Teachers have told us, including Jesus, Buddha and many other Avatars that have incarnated into the world to shine the Light and Pure love of the creator, God, to show the way to true Spiritual awakening. We are all co creators on Earth and beyond, it is Infinite.

Peace Love and Blessings

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Garnet

Im with you.

Christianity has been more about controll since the very begining. I am sure the bible was supposed to be a lot more than it is now. There were so many things that were taken out because it delt with a person having a relationship with the creator with out the church. Surprisingly, I have found that Catholocism is more pagan than anything else. That is saying something considering i was born and raised Catholic. They burned so many - literaly - for doing the exact same things just without the church. Needless to say, we dont go to church. I havent found a single one that I would trust with my kiddos.
There are so many people who try to get their claws into my kids it is riddiculous. Telling my kids they need to come to church and be saved. Even the school sends things home about these dang carnivals fun fun fun located at such and such church.
Then my neighbor - gotta love her - came over at least once or twice a week asking us to come to her church. I finaly had a talk with her one day I asked her politely to stop asking. Bless her little heart, she said she was worried that the devil was going to take over our lives because we wernt actually "hearing" the word.
Im sorry, if that doesnt scream brainwashing I dont know what does. Its sickning really. Dont even get me started on what they make the kiddos do. "you have to invite someone or else your not worthy" crap. Oh geez I better stop now.

Before and after Jesus religion was used by rulers to controll groups of people. Im not sure it has to deal with money so much as power and controll. Take Ceaser for instance. He was only able to conquer the Druids by use of religion. Having Catholics preach they were demons and we should fear them and would be doing service to God if we burned them all. yep religion is twisted.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
If Jesus would've followed his religion the way people wanted him to at that time he wouldn't have been Jesus, but a another common Jewish person back then. He didn't follow what the books told him or the "teacher", but what was in his heart. People in christianity still have a lot to learn from Jesus.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by Shawn B.]

[edit on 10-1-2008 by Shawn B.]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Can you pull out a quote where Jesus says that?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Religion in itself is false(Churches, Priests etc...). Jesus may or may not have lived, but what is important is that Jesus was Jewish who didn't see things the way the Jewish did. Jesus didn't teach religion, he was teaching meditation, studding from the Bible and the book of Enoch. Remember he was the "Enlightened One". He looked to the Heavens(stars).
There are signs that Jesus most likely did live at one time on earth, apart from mention in the bible, there are mentions of a man fitting the description of Jesus in history, even Buddhists claim that Jesus studied Buddhism in the monastery's in Tibet in his youth.

So you don't necessarily have to change your outlook on Jesus. You just need to meditate with prayer rather than just praying with your eyes shut. Religion is to distract you from the truth and to get you to give up meditating for praying on your knees. You can't meditate vary easily on your knees, it's to distract you from what you really are, a Christ(a Spirit). Christianity = Spirituality and Christ = Spirit. Jesus the Christ = Jesus the Spirit

hope this helped.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Good for you! I'd say down with every religion, they're only there to prevent us from being truly spiritual.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

When I was 15, 30 years ago, I had a crush on a neighbor girl. One day her mother asked me if I wanted to come to heir house and watch a movie with some other friends, Heck yah, I replied. I showed up at the appointed time, they handed out punch and cookies, who hoo.
Then it started, the rant on how "The JEWS killed God",
. I was somewhat confused, as I knew that Jesus of Nazareth was Jewish ,ad was in fact a Rabbi.
At this point they started the "movie" about how "The Jews Killed Jesus".
I had no idea I was going to a Youth for Christ meeting, and a pretty screwed up one at that. I was raised to respect all religions, even if you dont agree, respect, as parents told me, as there is Only ONE GOD.
After a few minutes of the drivel from the screen and the host pastor I decided it wasnt for me. And tried to leave in a unobtruse fashion, and they wouldnt let me at first, some crap about we cant release till your parents pick you up, I lived next door, at that point i used some highly uncivilized language, and forced my way out the door as the pastor yelled that I would burn in hell unless I accepted Jesus inot my heart.
I gave up trying to hook up with the girl, funny thing is that by the time we were seniors the girl and her sister were HELLIONS, promisuous drinking, hellions i tell you.
I was no saint at all but i would see them at parties and they would be falling down drunk and throwing up going home with who ever came up.
A little backlash maybe.

I have found through my own personal experience, where i live has been called the bible belt of the west, that those who most loudly express their faith are usually the most un christian in thier behavior.
When asked "what historic person would you most like to meet?", it is always Christ, and when asked what would you say to him?
I reply that He needs to write it all down in his own words and make many copies and scatter them around the know world. For His message has been corrupted and twisted by false followers interested in there own power and wealth.
I have a feeling He would not be pleased with the actions of many whom profess to "know" his word.
By the way there is only one God and all others are just a manifestation of HIM. Maybe....
And Gabriel is a trouble maker.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I met a man, once, who I would consider a saint. I met him on a retreat that a friend suggested I go to. It was a Catholic charismatic renewal thing on a winter week-end at a place normaly used as a summer camp. The man who oversaw the event was a monk. He came up from working in Mexico, to do it. At the end of it, he told me that it is not normal to bless a non-catholic, but God had moved him to allow it.
This was a very humble man, who owned nothing but the clothes on his back, and worked very hard. He had enough spiritual enlightenment to follow the spirit when it told him to go against customs. The proof of God is in that his servents have the power to heal. I was healed and I believe. I wish I could say that true saints are abundant, but there are a few in the world.
I am saddened to hear about your so-called pastor and you are right to run away from that church. I hope God will heal you, eventualy.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yes, as Nohup said, Christianity is only the beginning of the quest to discover the degree of control various parts of society have on people. I need to point out a clear line, though, between "religion" (western and eastern) and "spirituality". Religion is dogma that makes up how you should act in society - the social control. Spirituality is what you find within yourself and nature. This spirituality was what existed before Christianity when "pagans" found a harmonic structure in nature, including the orbits of the planets, numbers and biological organization. All of these are a balance of resonance and damping just like a vibrating guitar string, organizing into simple harmonic proportions. Quantum physics has found this to be true with its model of all matter as a "harmonic oscillator". All of this spirituality stuff amounts to the idea of "coherence" built right into atomic structure and all of the cosmos. It is all essentially a musical field - a quantum lattice - through which we are projected as a material hologram. Look up David Bohm and Karl Pribram - they will introduce you to yourself.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Lets just pretend for a moment that The posters above me represent the leaders of our great pretend city 4000 years ago and as leaders we have noticed that the people aren't listening to us. They have reduced the amount of crops they are providing us with and hiding a bit more for them selves. Further, we have trended our spending and realized that we will run out of gold in 2 years. We also know that we cannot trust our military if we cant pay them competative wages as they really don't like us since we are better than they.

Then along comes my post. I hate seeing this happen as much as you do, so what can we do? Hey, here's an idea! Lets make a few outlandish claims of amazing things the OP has done to help us. I'll start off by telling a few people about how they cured my prize cow of some disease and the rest of you will help spread the word and say you saw it happen.

Then the second poster will claim that he had no food for his family and the OP miraculously provided some. We'll all chip in here and claim to have been there and eaten some of it.

And so on and so on for 8 months.

Then the OP can start spreading the word to all the people that he has been given these powers as well as a message from the rock in the center of town.

Part of this message included how our whole town can prosper if we follow the rules and donate 12% of our crops to the rock. And heck, we can't let the grass grow up over the rock, so maybe we can accept gifts of gold to help with the maintenance.

A few months later I can claim that poster 58, who doesn't exist yet, defied the rock and we are all going to pay for it since the rock controls the weather and growth of our crops. Then we can all get together and eliminate him.

I could go on and on, but I have carpal tunnel and cant keep typing right now. I can imagine that getting this all started would have been real easy many years ago...............

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join