It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Marine vanishes before testifying

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well, her mother doesnt have much positive to say about her and thinks she took off on her own:

The young woman's mother, Mary Lauterbach, told authorities that her daughter has a history of being a "compulsive liar," a police report states.

And the military was thinking of kicking her out:

When police consulted with the military on the allegations, the military reported that the case was open, but "it was difficult, due to inconsistencies provided by Maria Lauterbach, the reported victim."

Military investigators also "confirmed the history of compulsive lying," the report said, and added that Lauterbach was facing a possible discharge from the Marine Corps and was under personal and professional stress.

A Marine Corps Times story Thursday, citing unnamed sources, said Lauterbach may have fled her post after she withdrew the sexual assault allegations because she feared being charged with making a false statement. The newspaper said the allegations were lodged with Marine Corps officials last year and later withdrawn.

Well, regardless of her apparent "issues". I sure hope she and that baby are found safe!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Her cellphone was found just outside the gates, and the investigation is being extremely tight lipped. I hope they find the bastard(s) and hang 'em high.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
I hope they find the bastard(s) and hang 'em high.

What if there are no bastards.

What if she doesn't know who the father is?

What if she panicked and left of her own accord?

Those are strong possibilities given what has been acknowledged by her mother and the Corps.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
All very plausible explanations OP. My spidey senses tell me otherwise. I indeed hope you are right. She is found safe and sound with babe in arms.
Anon.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

We were on different articles I believe. I cut and pasted that quote.

Thanks though the article that quote was from did not elaborate.

Thanks, Greeneyedleo.

I hope she is alive. How sad for the family.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Exactly what I was thinking. She ran. Now with her mother calling her a liar and all.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Sorry, I didn't catch the part about her mother calling her a liar and all.
Any link to that?
What I did hear was she has never NOT called less than twice a week.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

It's the lead story at CNN.com: Cops: Mom says missing Marine is compulsive liar

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Breaking: She was found dead, and they have a suspect in the case. Wow, I wonder how the mom feels, calling her daughter names and now she is dead.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Pregnant Marine is dead, comrade sought

JACKSONVILLE, N.C. - A pregnant Marine missing for nearly a month is dead, and investigators were seeking a fellow Marine she had accused of sexually assaulting her, a sheriff said Friday.

Dead and buried in a shallow grave...

Authorities had not recovered the body of 20-year-old Lance Cpl. Maria Frances Lauterbach, but they believed she was buried in a shallow grave in a residential area of coastal Onslow County, Sheriff Ed Brown said.

May she an her child Rest In Peace.

I hope they find whomever did this, and if they are a Marine... I predict Leavenworth, Kansas as their future home.

Pregnant Marine believed dead

JACKSONVILLE, N.C. — A pregnant Marine who vanished nearly a month ago is believed dead and buried in a shallow grave near Camp Lejeune, N.C., and authorities are searching for the key suspect — a man she had accused of raping her last year, authorities said Friday afternoon.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by yankeerose]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Condolences to her family. So the incident was rape related.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
Breaking: She was found dead, and they have a suspect in the case.

The body has not been found and the Sheriffs Department isn't saying how they "know" that she's dead or that she's buried in a shallow grave in Onslow County.

One thing I've noticed is that all the news stories I have read, spell the name of the suspect Lauren, but on the uniform of the suspect he was pictured in on Fox News, on his name tape, his name is spelled Laurean.

abcnews.go.com...

www.nytimes.com...

www.google.com...

[edit on 2008/1/11 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

It's where the 2nd MEF/2nd Marine Division are based, and their training areas. There are no unique research facilities located there.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

The way jhill put up this story and his tone on the topic, he was expecting a big time conspiracy because she saw something and somehow the U.S. govt. was involved.

Similar to questions about some people who were supposedly silenced relating to the B-52 with nukes.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I stand corrected. I skimmed over it when I typed that.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Yes, because the first story that broke was that a marine was missing and no details. The sheriff was worried she might have known something that went down. But, later, it was found out it wasn't as big as the first story made it to be.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Yup- it's usually a case of interpersonal relationship stuff, just like anybody else. Relationships gone bad, jealousy, etc...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Update.

$25,000 reward with pics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join