It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Marine vanishes before testifying

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Pregnant Marine vanishes before testifying

www.cnn.com

The sheriff's department said Lauterbach's mother said that her daughter, of Montgomery, Ohio, had witnessed an incident at Camp Lejeune and was to testify about it.

Sheriff's department officials said evidence causes them to be concerned about Lauterbach's disappearance, WITN reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Another story of someone knowing something and getting shut up.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'm sad that she is missing. I would like to know if she has been found, recently.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
What "incident" did she witness, do we know?

By far the prettiest Marine I've ever seen, btw...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This very suspicious almost a month gone since the last time anybody knows anything about her whereabouts.

The last time I was in Camp Jejune was back in the 80s as a young bride.

The military base is one of the largest of the Marine Corps and heavily wooded.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Does anyone know what that base specializes in? Any research, nukes, etc.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
Does anyone know what that base specializes in? Any research, nukes, etc.

It specializes in Marines, thousands of them. Nothing as fancy as nukes, or some sort of research.

She might've witnessed a drug deal or some sort of fraud, waste, or abuse, something along those lines. Or maybe a jealous husband/boyfriend?

The military is just a microcosm of society.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by bg_socalif]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I was a Marine a Camp Swampy (lejeune) in the early 80's, the question I have is was she on leave or something? they have formations atleast 3 times a day, so how could she be missing for a month and no one notice?

I was stationed at French Creek, and , at the time you didn't walk around ON BASE with less then 3 friends for fear of getting mugged/raped ( male on male rape was higher then male/female rape at the time ) while being stationed there I personally saw a marine shot in the head in a bar on base and in another incident found a dead body floating in a pond on base. ( this was all before the "new" urine analysis was in place ) I was Very very glad to get orders to Hawaii.

I guess the "new" Marine Corps doesn't have Formation three times a day? Some thing smells about this whole thing. ( at the time one of the girls in my shop was pregnant and yes she had to show up for formation, she just didn't have to go to PT)

and yes she is attractive, we had three or four women Marines as good looking when I was there. Females Marines were not always treated the best because they "seemed" to get rank faster then their male counter parts, for some this caused animosity.

Edit to add, the nukes (at that time) were all at Fort Bragg, Lejeune had infantry and artillery, the Air wing was at Cherry Point (fixed and helicopters) I was the Naval warfare publication library (NWPL) clerk at that time thats why I know about the nukes

[edit on 10-1-2008 by thedigirati]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It is now on the front page of CNN with update information if anyone wanted to check that out.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Sad to hear about this woman... Hope she is found.

but from the sounds of things (male on male rape AND male to female rape), sounds like those Marines are a bunch of idiots....

From some of the stories that my squaddie mates tell me (about UK troops having to 'deal' with the US marines), they do sound like they are uneducated, backwards and trigger happy....

'All the gear and no idea' is the motto we use.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
I was a Marine a Camp Swampy (lejeune) in the early 80's,

Yes swampy will be the right description for Jejune, they had a lot of problems with the young Marines coming back from deployment getting crazy in town.

Back then it was a lot of bars in town. They have cleaned the place now.

( this was all before the "new" urine analysis was in place ) I was Very very glad to get orders to Hawaii.

My husband also got his orders to Hawaii back in 84 from Jejune.

Do I know you?

[edit on 10-1-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
From what I understand, Camp Lejeune has recently taken on the SF training that used to belong to the Army Green Berets. A neighbor of mine was recently assigned there after signing up for a four year stint in Marine Special Forces. He was a Navy HN2, I think, and will act as Corpsman on a SF squad.

He told me he didn't want to live too close to the base with his wife, who is a Navy nurse, and daughter. Now I can see why.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Pregnant Marine?

I just can't get used to hearing that term.

We should all pray that the woman in question is safe and has not come to harm.

Her family has stated that the father of her child is unknown to them and this only complicates the matter.

Without the upcoming testimony and the dangers presented by that, the father of the child would be the first suspect in a disappearance case.

There was some suggestion that the woman may not know whom the father is.

It could be that the pressure of the trial and the pressure of the pregnancy by an unknown father were too much to handle and she just went over the hill.

In my own experience, family problems account for most cases of unauthorized absence.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Did I read the article right. Female Marines have Male "Roommates"?

Article

...Brown said Thursday the Marine Corps is bringing Lauterbach's roommate, Sgt. Daniel Robert Durham, back to North Carolina from a training deployment in California to answer questions...
..."We do feel like he has some answers," said Brown...

What mental midget dreamed up that plan? This must be wrong?

What I get from this is mixing young men and women; full of hormones and barely out of puberty was a stupid idea. Feminism is one thing but denying the existence and power of sex is quite another.

I sure hope she shows up unharmed.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I caught something really quick on the radio that her mom said that she was coming clean on the fact she got pregnant by a superior officer???

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Could this be the reason she ran away?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
I caught something really quick on the radio that her mom said that she was coming clean on the fact she got pregnant by a superior officer???

I just heard that, too, and it seems that's whom she was going to testify against.

That adds a whole new twist to the story.

So, the next question is, Where's the father/officer/rapist?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Caught that too OP, she was impregnated by rape by a superior officer.
She will not be found, alive or dead. The perp needs to be hounded by the dogs of hell for all eternity. Such a pretty and proud little thing. I hope justice is served, one way or the other.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
What I get from this is mixing young men and women; full of hormones and barely out of puberty was a stupid idea. Feminism is one thing but denying the existence and power of sex is quite another.

You need to read the article more closely.

The Marine Corps is bringing Lauterbach's roommate, Sgt. Daniel Robert Durham, back to North Carolina from a training deployment in California to answer questions.

The Onslow County report said that Durham told police that he had made his home available to Lauterbach "out of sympathy for her situation" and that the two had shared the home for only a short period of time.

Durham said he noticed nothing unusual in Lauterbach's behavior before she disappeared, but said "she had been upset by a phone call from her stepmother."

www.cnn.com...

Sgt. Durham is not the suspected of impregnating Lauterbach.

He allowed her to move into his home after she became pregnant and they only lived together "for a short period of time."

He may have something to do with her disappearance, but nothing I've read suggests that.

This is also an important fact that some are not taking into consideration.

Mary Lauterbach said her daughter claimed to have been sexually assaulted by a senior officer, but the military investigation had "gone sour," according to the Onslow County reports.

Military investigators also "confirmed the history of compulsive lying," the report said, and added that Lauterbach was facing a possible discharge from the Marine Corps and was under personal and professional stress.

A Marine Corps Times story Thursday, citing unnamed sources, said Lauterbach may have fled her post after she withdrew the sexual assault allegations because she feared being charged with making a false statement. The newspaper said the allegations were lodged with Marine Corps officials last year and later withdrawn.

www.cnn.com...

And, of course, there's this:

The young woman's mother, Mary Lauterbach, told authorities that her daughter has a history of being a "compulsive liar," a police report states.

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 2008/1/10 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

It was off base.

Not sure how the marines work, but w/ the Air Force (and on this base), you can not have female/male roomates in the single dorms....BUT they do have rooms near each other. In base housing, you have to be married. And in the single NCO houses, only the single NCO can live there (no roomies).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join