It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Persecution Increasing Worldwide

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Christian Persecution Increasing Worldwide

www.onenewsnow.com

Ministry founder: U.S. Christians 'absolutely not prepared' for persecution

The founder of Gospel for Asia says while persecution is increasing worldwide for Christians, he believes it will soon impact believers in America -- and K.P. Yohannan says they need to get ready for it.

Persecution against Christians is increasing worldwide, especially in countries such as India, where attacks on churches and Christians by Hindu extremists have increased dramatically. In fact, when missionaries graduate from Gospel for Asia (GFA) Bible colleges, they are told to expect persecution -- and perhaps even death -- for spreading the gospel.

According to GFA founder K.P. Yohannan, Christians in those countries expect such treatment and are prepared when the tough times come. But he believes Christians in America will soon be faced with persecution as well -- and he is fearful that many are not ready.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
As someone who faces daily persecution here in the U.S., I believe this claim to be true. Preachers like Joel Osteen say a little prayer and then start teaching the "gospel of prosperity" instead instilling a good understanding and strong doctrine as given in the Scriptures. I often wonder how many Christians would crumble under a little pressure if it were to get really bad here. Any thoughts?

www.onenewsnow.com

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

Christians are not special in being persecuted. Every kind of person imaginable has been persecuted because of their beliefs.

I do not believe there is a rise in Christian-hating. And if there is, maybe there needs to be a change in attitude of the Christians who are in the media towards nonbelievers.

I personally have no problem with any people, but that does not mean I cannot criticize religion. I do not follow any organized religion as I feel it clouds the minds of its believers.

God is not found through a structure created by man.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

this is nothing to what christ-believers will face for not accepting the anti-christ system and dying literally for christs sake (er, i mean, for incarnated)

seriously, almost every walk of life has been persecuted

the jews,
the blacks
the indians
the chinese
christians
muslims, etc

this is nothing new

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This becoming increasingly desperate when threads like this start to pop out on Braking news.

Religious intolerant is as diverse as the human race and is no limited to only religion, but race, gender and nationality.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaAdonnaAaron
The founder of Gospel for Asia says while persecution is increasing worldwide for Christians, he believes it will soon impact believers in America -- and K.P. Yohannan says they need to get ready for it.

While I don't want to see innocent people being hurt (and they will should a scenario such as the above come into being), on the other hand, Christianity as a religion really "has it coming".

Especially in North America!

Some so-called Christians are so stubborn and arrogant, going beyond the "Christianity is right" belief into the "Christianity is the only way". I recall from the 1980s having the misfortune of meeting them. And others are so brainwashed in the Christian world-view that they cannot conceive of someone like me who rejected it in favour of other spirituality. (And not atheism either; there are more than just Christians and atheists in the world.)

Persecution against Christians is increasing worldwide, especially in countries such as India, where attacks on churches and Christians by Hindu extremists have increased dramatically. In fact, when missionaries graduate from Gospel for Asia (GFA) Bible colleges, they are told to expect persecution -- and perhaps even death -- for spreading the gospel.

Has it ever occurred to those missionaries to "live and let live?"

Has it ever occurred to them that the world got along just fine for thousands of years (and in most places, still does) without the pantheon of Jehovah, Jesus, Mary, Paul, Peter, Satan, and company?

Has it ever occured to them that they don't have all the answers, and what they do might not be for everyone else's good, as they claim.

According to GFA founder K.P. Yohannan, Christians in those countries expect such treatment and are prepared when the tough times come. But he believes Christians in America will soon be faced with persecution as well -- and he is fearful that many are not ready.

What will be sad is that the good Christians, the ones who mind their own business and don't persecute others, will bear the brunt of such persecution. Not the well-protected mafiosi of the Religious Right.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
A lot of religious people get persecuted because their beliefs. I'm sorry it happens to you too. This world has many more problems like that.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by ahuman]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It's kind of hard to imagine Christians being persecuted on a large scale here in the US, given that something like 75% of the population consider themselves Christians, and that the US is widely held to be the most religious country in the industrialized world.

Guys like this try to maintain a climate of fear for their own reasons.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
It's kind of hard to imagine Christians being persecuted on a large scale here in the US, given that something like 75% of the population consider themselves Christians, and that the US is widely held to be the most religious country in the industrialized world.

Guys like this try to maintain a climate of fear for their own reasons.

ok for me 75% of christians believe in christ

but how many will fall and be decieved to turn from him when the antichrist comes

this is just my belief so im not expecting an answer if you dont believe

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
No, honestly I am an agnostic, so I have no very strong opinions on it.

I am not anti-Christian either particularly, most of my family are Christians and I respect that.

Besides, though I am not religious, I think Jesus said a lot of very sensible things, and paid a terrible price for it.

Anyway though, back on topic, I do not see most Christians in the US abandoning their faith anytime soon. Why should they?

I'd be more worried about the majority Christians persecuting me, honestly, but fortunately I do not think that's going to happen either.

Most religious people I have met, Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Pagans, whatever, seem to be willing to share their beliefs but not willing to force them on anyone.

And that's exactly the way it should be

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
This becoming increasingly desperate when threads like this start to pop out on Braking news.

Religious intolerant is as diverse as the human race and is no limited to only religion, but race, gender and nationality.

Think about what you just said fo0r a momemt...

If this thread was about rising persecution of blacks or gays or women you would likely not have felt so free to make the statement that they were becoming "increasingly desperate."

But when it is White males or Christians, hey, open season!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahuman
A lot of religious people get persecuted because their beliefs. I'm sorry it happens to you too. This world has many more problems like that.

It's okay
I'm honored to be in service to Him and that's all part of it, so I rejoice in it. And yes the world does and it'll get worse till it gets better - but it WILL get better.
God bless.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I really can not grab you point cavascout, actually I was refering to an increased of religous in nature threads that happen to be nothing but preaching threads with no conspiracy to be found.

This one is on Braking news and to tell you the truth I don't see the braking angle on it.

Actually this is perfect for Social issues.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well, looking back through history, you can't say the Christians didn't have it coming.
I've never known the church to be able to simply accept that other people are different, they try to push it down your throat, call you sinners if you refuse, and in the past, even committed genocide on communities that refused.

You reap what you sow... if you keep your religion to yourself, you won't be in this mess.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

As someone who faces daily persecution here in the U.S., I believe this claim to be true. Preachers like Joel Osteen say a little prayer and then start teaching the "gospel of prosperity" instead instilling a good understanding and strong doctrine as given in the Scriptures. I often wonder how many Christians would crumble under a little pressure if it were to get really bad here. Any thoughts?

www.onenewsnow.com

I'm not really sure where you live in the US, but try living in the bible belt. You get persecuted if you are not Christian enough. I bet it's other religious extremists causing these issues.

This is why I posted my question the other day www.abovetopsecret.com...'
It's these religious extremists that are causing problems for everyone!

What checks and balances are there to reign in these crazy people?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahuman

It's okay
I'm honored to be in service to Him and that's all part of it, so I rejoice in it. And yes the world does and it'll get worse till it gets better - but it WILL get better.
God bless.

The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

There are very few christians in the United States. Only about 5% of the population. There are more christians in China, even the percentage is higher. The US is largely godless.

I base this on the Barna poll that reveals only about 5% of Americans have a Biblical worldview. The Biblical worldview consists of some of the most basic time honored christians doctrines and is rejected by America.

www.lifeway.com...

Persecution is already here in the United States. I have been spit on for telling someone that Jesus loves them. Christians have been arrested for praying in public or for preaching. Worldwide, more christians are being tortured and killed than during the Roman persecution. Christianity is the most persecuted minority being hated throughout the Muslim world and in the communist world. Jesus words are already being fulfilled.

"If they hated me they will hate you."

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Interesting that I have been in the US for over 27 years and I have never seen anybody been persecuted for saying that they are Christians.

What a bunch of propaganda.

What I have seen is how very much concern many christians have if you do not belong to any religious denomination and you are not supporting any church.

The Lord needs all the financial support it can get.

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Would the original poster care to elaborate as to how they have been persecuted?

I find the whole topic amusing.

When I am confronted. Yes, confronted is the word I want to use, by a so called Christian, I feel as though I am the one who is being persecuted. I am questioned as to why I do not believe the one true teachings of our lord and savior. Why is it okay for anyone to question anothers faith? Religion is a personal thing. Faith, spirituality, beliefs, have nothing to do with an organization. Why do people follow so blindly into the abyss and then try to turn it around and say that they are right and I am wrong and going to hell.

For me it boils down to this:

This is YOUR faith, YOUR God, YOUR spirituality, just as I have mine and so do others. Trying to force people in to having a christian view of the world just makes people dig in deeper. Just because you believe it to be true does not make it so. Just because millions may believe it is the truth, doesn't make it so. I do not think any God would want people to follow so blindly and not question this life. These are my thoughts and they could be wrong but it is my choice to think and feel the way that I do.

It may make no sense at all but it does to me. Is it not arrogance to assume that one set group of people are truly "God's choosen"?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

HAH!

Only 5% of Americans are 'real' Christians.

The only 'real' Christian is _________

Baptist
Catholic
Mormon
Protestant
Unitarian
Evangelical

Just because they're not 'your' type of Christian doesn't mean they don't believe in the same basic fairy tale.

And no, Christians will not be persecuted in the US. Never have, and never will (at least not based solely on the fact that they're Christian)

You may see churches burned, but it's usually because the congregation was black, not because they were Christian.

You may see Christian grave sites desecrated, but it's because of stupid drunk teenagers, not because the deceased was Christian.

You may see prayer removed from public schools, but it's because there is a separation of church and state, not because the prayers are Christian.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join