It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Persecution Increasing Worldwide

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Sadly, to a rather extreme minority of Christians, "persecution" seems to be defined as not being able to dominate everyone else, or as anyone having the temerity to disagree with them...

Re: the Church and State issue - the "Wall Of Separation" was a concept introduced by Thomas Jefferson himself. The passage was designed specifically to protect the rights of religious minorities, as Jefferson himself explained.

On the school prayer issue, it seems rather simple to me.

School officials who try to stop individual students from praying are violating those students Constitutional rights. However, should a public school attempt to organize some kind of official religious function, they would also be violating the students religious rights.

The arguments about how "most Christians aren't really Christians" are tiresome. They remind me of Islamic fundamentalists describing Muslims they don't consider Islamic (fundamentalist) enough as "Takfir's"...

[edit on 1/10/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

i pressed reply to the first post in the topic - your problem with that is what exactly?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Harlequin I don't have a problem with what you posted. I just don't understand what your point is - and I still don't. Palestinians are treated much less than 3rd class citizens in Israel. There are many groups being persecuted for various reasons. Why did you choose this particular point?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

I think he refers to the Inquisition and Nazi Germany, This topic would have been great on social issues.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

Good point about the source of the beheading of Christians. Look for persecution of believers by Muslim and Communist countries to increase in the near future. It is sad but true that most professing Christians in this country are more concerned with the gospel of wealth and prosperity than the one about sacrifice and persecution. If and when large-scale persecution of Christians begins in this country I expect that many will drop by the roadside because they can't handle it.

Also, I just say that your signature really rocks!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaAdonnaAaron

As someone who faces daily persecution here in the U.S.,

can you explain this?
how do you face persecution daily here in the states?

i know someone already asked you but you breezed right on by....

i am oh so curious

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
i know that here in the UK (or whatever the fashionable name is) the government has WITHDRAWN the law on blasphemy!!!! not to mention selling a portion of Church of England churches to Muslim practitioners.........
how about that then?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bobafett1972

Sorry if that sounded a bit grumpy, I kinda just glossed over the thread and I guess I misinterpreted what you were saying.

this is not in response to anything you've said, I just don't want to make another post.
I think all religions should be persecuted equally.

AND if someone really believes in Christianity he almost has to try and convert people, if not the unconverted are doomed to eternal suffering, purgatory, whatever. How can any good Christian (or Jew, Muslim, w/e) sit by and watch nonbelievers suffer?

Oh but theres more, if they work on the sabbath.....

Exodus 35:2
For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.

and foreign countries that aren't Jewish (or Christian I guess?)?

Deuteronomy 20:10-17 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. . . . This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.

Morality?

Exodus 21:20-21 If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.

The examples go on and on....

Does anyone besides the fools who believe this stuff really think it should be sanctioned? And thats what we are talking about here, if churches became illegal or priests ordered to stop preaching it would be called persecution.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by monoton
i know that here in the UK (or whatever the fashionable name is) the government has WITHDRAWN the law on blasphemy!!!!

How does withdrawing a law against "blasphemy", a purely religious offense with no other civil purpose, constitute "persecution" of Christians?

As I said, many fundamentalists (and not just Christians either) call it "persecution" when they are unable to force their beliefs on others.

It's not "persecution" when you can't put me in jail for violating your religious codes.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

I think you would need to understand the current climate in the UK before making such a statement

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

You can look up what the Barna poll defines as a Biblical worldview yourself. All of the assertions are simple acts of faith that were common among christians for thousands of years. I didn't make this stuff up or try to put myself in some exclusive club. Indeed I have many brothers and sisters in Christ. Just not many here in the U.S. or the rest of western civilization for that matter.

It is only in recent times that American citizens have moved away from a basic understanding of what a christian is. I am not redefining it, Americans are redefining themselves, as atheists or pagans. I would think that that would be comforting to you.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

In 9 years of street ministry I have seen.

A christian physically assaulted and his leg broken.
Rocks and bottles thrown at christians.
Expensive sound equipment stolen by force out of their hands.
Christians arrested and thrown in jail.
Christians equipment confiscated by police and not returned.
Police denying permits to christians because they are christians.
Christians having their wives and childrens assaulted by haters.
Christians being spat on.
Christians being cursed by other 'christians'.
Christians being cursed by satanists.
Christians being overrun and attacked by cults.
Christians receiving verbal abuse and physical intimidation.
Christians being hustled by con artists.
Christians being heckled by atheists, pagans, drug addicts and street people.

So I'm afraid it is going on right here in America. Here is a case where Christians were arrested for doing the heinous act of publicly praying:
www.worldnetdaily.com...

Most of the recent mass slaughter events, such as Columbine, various church invasions, Amish school house invasions and even to some extent the Va Tech. shootings were attacks aimed at christians. These people were largely demon possessed, and the demonization was probably made possible by psychiatric drugs.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
In 9 years of street ministry I have seen.

Thank you for stepping up to the plate and sharing your experiences. May Father continue to bless you and guide you in your service to Him in your ministry. Amen.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

I guess we do not live in the same America or do not frequent the same circles because I have been all over the US, territories including Hawaii ad the Caribbean as a Marine wife on the move and until this day I have not seen what you are posting on your thread.

So I am a liar? I think is nothing but propaganda.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I guess we do not live in the same America or do not frequent the same circles because I have been all over the US, territories including Hawaii ad the Caribbean as a Marine wife on the move and until this day I have not seen what you are posting on your thread.

So I am a liar? I think is nothing but propaganda.

Just the other day in Dallas a woman was thrown off a bus for reading the Bible out loud to her two children.

Just because you have not seen it or experienced it first hand doesn't make it not true. And it doesn't make you a liar either. It just means you haven't seen it or experienced it... yet. And, maybe you never will. Or....maybe now you will because your eyes will have been opened. Only time will tell.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Of course I can't argue your personal experience, but I'll give you my take on what I *think* may be the case.

Most instances were most likely not because they were Christian, but because they were 'in your face' Christian.

-the same happens to people of all religions. Was it just a happenstance that he was Christian?
-Where were they gathered together en mass to receive this pummelling? What were they doing?
-And what were they doing with the sound equipment? Recording an event? Asking inappropriate questions?
-Again, what were they doing at the time of the arrest?
-See above
-or because they didn't meet the local requirements to receive the permits. Might they have been organizing a not so peaceful protest?
-Yeah, I can't stand haters. Don't hate the playa hate the game is what I always say.
-see the above
-So Christians being persecuted by Christians. I guess that this is an admission of Christians being persecutors huh.
-I've yet to meet a satanist who cares what the hell Christians think until they get in their face. But hey.
-Which cults? Please specify. I'd hate to have it just be the standard "unidentifiable black guy who stole my purse" scenario.
-Like "stop calling my girlfriend a whore for going into planned parenthood or I'll kick your ass" type comments?
-Ha, That's not because they were christian, but because they were an easy mark
-Maybe if you stopped calling them drug addicts and street people and treated them like real, intelligent people they wouldn't heckle.

Not that I'm calling Bull#, but this whole list seems a bit fishy to me. But then again, what do I know.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

ANY preaching on the street, I mean using the most pleasant verses of psalms, etc...
can provoke heathenistic, ill-mannered
and uncivilized attacks!

WE'RE still in America, So,
"More power to you!!!"
I appreciate christians street-preaching.
Thank God for them!
How else can you get people who are afraid of church to hear the message???

It's worse in America than it used to be.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
WE'RE still in America, So,
"More power to you!!!"
I appreciate christians street-preaching.
Thank God for them!
How else can you get people who are afraid of church to hear the message???

It's worse in America than it used to be.

Amen to that Clearskies
Online ministry works well also - and reaches a HUGE audience all over the world. I've had visitors to my site from all over the world. Father makes use of all avenues to get His Word out.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
And I don't want to hear it.

I don't want to hear that I'm going to hell when I walk down the street. I don't want to hear that my sister, mother, girlfriend or whomever is a whore and a harlot, and will be punished when she walks in to a planned parenthood clinic to volunteer. I don't want to hear that I'm wrong all the time when I know I'm not. Especially when I'm minding my own business.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
And I don't want to hear it.

I don't want to hear that I'm going to hell when I walk down the street. I don't want to hear that my sister, mother, girlfriend or whomever is a whore and a harlot, and will be punished when she walks in to a planned parenthood clinic to volunteer. I don't want to hear that I'm wrong all the time when I know I'm not. Especially when I'm minding my own business.

And you shouldn't have to. Nobody should be judged, preached at or yelled at by any shepherd. It's not how Father or Christ wished things to be. As a minister we are to bring Father glory, not embarrassment. I'm sorry that you've apparently had so many bad experiences. Ministering should be done with love and compassion so that Father's light may shine through us. We are to help draw His children closer to Him, not further away.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by ReginaAdonnaAaron]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join