It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran state TV says pentagon video was fabricated

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Iran releases their own footage of the incident... 217.218.67.244...

Found on www.presstv.com...

Sounds to me like the US was jerking them around. The Iranian radio protocols are correct but the US sounded wishy washy and didn't always end with "over".

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm so tired of america being the jackass, have anyone watched and analyced both videos? I have! and I can tell you right in your face, AMERICA have showed the world FAKE videos, you can analyze them 1000 times, voice is corret the in the american version there are missing parts, america is a lier, america try to get the iran look bad in the media... iran the other way are onest about this, ok, so what punish do us get? yes thats right NONE what so ever.. and no one belive what they hear and see as usual... i hate this... bush keep on smiling...

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'll repeat what I posted on another threat.

I don't understand this part. The Iranians in the past claim they didn't know they are American warships, and this video shows the guy asking for Coalition warship to respond as he knows who he was dealing with.

Notice in this video they don't follow the ships, the ships are passing by.

The American response in the walkie talkie says "this is Coalition warship 73, roger over".

The sailor on in the warship says "this is Coalition warship, I am engaged in transit passage in accordance with international law."

Doesn't say Coaltition warship 73.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
REAL VIDEO (IRAN) : www.youtube.com...

FAKE VIDE (AMERICA) www.youtube.com...

you are slaves under a evil system that want to destroy your brothers...

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by antiwarman
you are slaves under a evil system that want to destroy your brothers...

The truth is you are a slave to America's enemies for believing such trashy propaganda from them.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Maybe your both slaves.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by antiwarman

Wow, I cannot believe that you believe Iran. The media is controlled by their religious government who wants nothing less than the total destruction of the US and its allies. Do you think they might doctor the video a bit to make us look stupid???? Think about it, seriously.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
America's enemies?

Why do they have to be enemies in the first place? whats the point.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Taking over an American embassy sure sends a message about their kindness.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

and supporting groups that act against Israel is real good gesture

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

no offense, but the US government is run by a born again fanatic, who has shown that he loves nothing more than a good war - so what's the difference?
Some may even label bush a religious nutter bent on annexing the middle east.

BTW, when has iran ever said they want the destruction of the US andits allies?
I know some iranian people and they certainly don't think that way - before anyone asks, yes they supprt their leaders at home.

The difference is that the iranian leader is not an alcoholic.

side note - yes I know bush no longer drinks, but the theory is, once an alcoholic always an alcoholic.

[edit on 10/1/2008 by budski]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It did say in some news articles that the coalition ship's crew stated that the "you will explode" warning did not necessarily come from the patrol boats. It could come from another ship nearby or even from land, since the straits are pretty narrow. Somebody who knows about communication equipment and frequencies used by U.S. warships could probably explain this. Also the Iranian video likely takes place after the U.S. video, which would explain why the coalition ships referred to patrol boats as unidentified.

Seriously this is nothing to get all worked up about. Both sides could be showing true footage. Iran does seem to be reckless in that the patrol boats did not make contact with the coalition ships before approaching them.

And as per rules of engagement, the U.S. crew did everything correctly. You can't simply engage an unidentified ship in international waters.

This just demonstrates how heated the situation is. Both sides seem to want a confrontation. U.S. seems to want a conflict with Iran no less than Iran does.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by maloy]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Well, I was talking about their media being controlled by the government of Iran and not who controls the government. I understand what you are saying and the difference is our prez has no control over what we say do or what religions we choose to practice.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

BTW, when has iran ever said they want the destruction of the US andits allies?
I know some iranian people and they certainly don't think that way - before anyone asks, yes they supprt their leaders at home.

[edit on 10/1/2008 by budski]

Well yes they have, they chant "death to America" all the time, im sure you can find a video of that on youtube if youd like. And here is a link to an article at the worldpress where Iran calls for Israel to be wiped off the map, which I interpret to mean "destruction", maybe im crazy though and it was just a joke? www.worldpress.org...

As far as them supporting their leaders, I have no doubt that some of them do as some here in America support Bush. And your right not everyone thinks that way.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bakednutz

Well yes they have, they chant "death to America" all the time, im sure you can find a video of that on youtube if youd like.

All the time? what percent of the polulation does this? Dont believe everything you see, and reall try not to generlize, that's not a good habit.
Ive seen racist chants in the uk, it doesnt mean The whole of uk is racist.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bakednutz
they chant "death to America" all the time, im sure you can find a video of that on youtube if youd like.

That's not a difficult feat at all. November 5, 2007 was "Death to America Day". Weehaa! Sounds like great family fun. I will have to say in fairness that the U.S. is the one with warships just off the other country's coast-line. There's been bad blood between U.S. and Iran since 79'.

Thousands turn out for the annual "Death to America Day"

[edit on 10-1-2008 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

So who exactly do you think controls the western media?
OK it may not be bush, but you can bet he's got a finger in the pie somewhere, either through his contacts or by his influence - I'm speaking here about the major mainstream media.

A few fanatics yelling in the street does not mean it's state policy - and don't forget we'd have just as many fanatics in the street shouting death to iran if we allowed it and if hate crimes were not illegal.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

So who exactly do you think controls the western media?

Umm....the owners of the particular media or the people who own the most stock in a particular media.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Yeah, right.
They all belong to the same club - best example is rupert murdoch, a master manipulator and best friend to his favourite politico's.
As long as they do what he wants.
And they generally do, so he's only to happy to return the favour.
quid pro quo.

Pretending naivety is not a pretty trait.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Yeah, right.
They all belong to the same club - best example is rupert murdoch

Hmm....He is the owner so that helps my point and not your point.

Thanks!

Pretending naivety is not a pretty trait.

I guess it's better than actually being naive.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join