It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran state TV says pentagon video was fabricated

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
People continue to make the mistake of looking at governments as monolithic entities.

But governments are full of competing factions.

I suspect what happened with this is the following:
Yesterday, elements within the Iranian government admit the event occurred, probably factions at odds with the RGC.

Today, factions closer to the RGC decided they should try to BS their way out of it.

As we've seen here, US policies have so alienated much of the planet's population, they will literally believe anything negative about the US, simply because it reinforces what they already believe.

And I think the more extreme factions in Iran certainly fall into that category.
Remember politicians always tune their propaganda to the expectations of their political base.

[edit on 1/9/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by vance
4thDOctor, can you point me to your post reply? I would like to get involved with that debate for sure!
Thanks!

Vance

Sure!
HERE is my similar statement from another thread.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

Yes you are on the money with your assessment buddy.
. Next time we can sink the boats and know one will blame us except some people on ATS that blame the U.S. for everything. I remember that airliner that the Iranians put the F-14 transponder in. Our ship was being harassed by the guns boats at that time as well and thats why the Aegis system was on and hot. The Capitan of the Vincenez saw what was an Iranian F-14 transponder on radar flying straight toward his ship so he shot it down knowing that an F-14 can be a very deadly plane at long ranges.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I think Iran is denying the video because they are embarrassed by how crappy their speedboats looked. They like to brag about a huge high tech military force ready for a fight. If they knew that the US was going to release a video tape the of event they might have went with some more impressive ships.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Do you mean things like when they said they had no nuclear weapons programme and were exonerated, even though shrub tried to tell us all they had them?

You mean just like Israel has no public nuclear weapons program right?

Do you mean their leaders visit to the states, when he behaved in an extremely statesmanlike fashion?

you mean from the country that has no homosexuals right?

Do you mean when they posed no threat within the region, except for going to war with saddam, which has since been done by western powers?

as long as you're a country that is run by Muslims

Do you mean the massive advances in healthcare and medicine for their citizens?

which is a great thing when people get stoned or have their hands cut off

Do you mean one of the best educational systems in the region?

well that explains why there Seems to be so many Jewish lawyers

Do you mean when the leaders of the country stress that they want peace, but are denied it because they have been labelled part of an "axis of evil" by the first great tyrant/aggressor of this century?

yes they want peace with All other Muslims, which is why they were supplying IED's to Iraq.

I think the US Navy was Legit in this case, and like some one else said they are pandering to their allies now

[edit on 9-1-2008 by thedigirati]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
You mean just like Israel has no public nuclear weapons program right?

And because Israel has such a program, why is it such an issue if Iran does get nukes?

as long as you're a country that is run by Muslims

They haven't threatened any of their neighbouring countries. They even border a Christian country....

The US and Israel, on the other hand, seem to dish out threats of violence on a weekly basis.

which is a great thing when people get stoned or have their hands cut off

The cutting off hands thing is a Saudi custom, I do not believe they do that in Iran.

As for the stoning, it is a horrible way to go, but that is their customer and law. I find the US practice of State sponsored executions as disgusting and reprehensible, yet I don't bitch about it, do I?

well that explains why there Seems to be so many Jewish lawyers

I'd hardly describe a Lawyer as a worthwhile and productive member of society, nor attribute going to Law school as the pinnacle of academic achievement.

yes they want peace with All other Muslims, which is why they were supplying IED's to Iraq.

If they do supply weapons then it is too fight the Americans (they're biggest threat) there. You have done in the past and would the same again. Don;t make out like supplying weapons is such a bad thing. The US is one of the largest arms suppliers in the world to some truly horrible regimes.

I think the US Navy was Legit in this case, and like some one else said they are pandering to their allies now

One could argue, being international waters, that the Iranians, if it was in fact them in those crappy, unarmed boats, had as much right to be there as the USN. What right does the USN have to fire on unarmed boats in international waters?

We only have the USN word that they said they'd be blown up, yet the boats made no attempt to attack the Navy ships.

Personally, I don't believe it was the IRG.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Perhaps Iran was planning to do this all along. They saw how stupid America looked after there were no WMD's, so now they're running a campaign attacking America's integrity. They're backed up by two countries who have been experts at doing this for the past 50 years. It wouldn't suprise me if Iranian counter-intelligence was able to trick American spies into thinking that Iran had abandoned it's nuclear weapons program.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime

I think Iran is denying the video because they are embarrassed by how crappy their speedboats looked. They like to brag about a huge high tech military force ready for a fight. If they knew that the US was going to release a video tape the of event they might have went with some more impressive ships.

You just know that at least one of the guys on the speedboats wasn't wear socks, like Sonny Crockett.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

And because Israel has such a program, why is it such an issue if Iran does get nukes?

can you link to such a report? I have not been able to find one

What right does the USN have to fire on unarmed boats in international waters?

sorry did I miss some news? who got shot at?

well let me put in terms you may understand
if you are traveling down a 4 lane road and see three lorries in front of you and you have a clear lane on the side of the lorries but you cut them off in your mini cooper and get hit, is it the lorries fault?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

can you link to such a report? I have not been able to find one

What? I think you completely misunderstood there. Let me simplify it for you...

Israel HAS a nuclear weapons programme. It has a few hundred nuclear warheads. This is common knowledge. Because of this, why is it such an issue for Iran to have them?

What right does the USN have to fire on unarmed boats in international waters?

sorry did I miss some news? who got shot at?

No one. I never said anyone got shot at. It was a question, seeing as the USN said they were about to fire on these boats. Engage the grey matter, if possible, and read properly.

well let me put in terms you may understand
if you are traveling down a 4 lane road and see three lorries in front of you and you have a clear lane on the side of the lorries but you cut them off in your mini cooper and get hit, is it the lorries fault?

Thanks for the condescending tone. I find it especially pertinent considering you yourself have diffculty grasping some very basic statements.

Poor analogy, seeing as there are no specific lanes to block, nor were these boats capable of blocking the Straights of Hormuz.

Even so, in your analogy, the lorries would also have the obligation to ensure the safety of other road users and have to pay full attention to what they were doing. Should they find one lane blocked, they would be expected to go round the obstruction, not through it.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Stumason,your flogging a dead horse but I agree with your words above regarding Iran.
One only has to look at the modern history of this country to see the real warmongers starting and funding conflicts all over the globe.Trouble is many choose to ignore it.

On a side note the amount of warmongers on this site is amazing!Have all of the bible belt got accounts here?There a minority in the real world,so at least they have somewhere to vent their spleens

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I think that if the US were to fake this video they would have done so a bit more elaborately. I realize full well the danger of the situation they were in at the time however to the average citizen it looks like nothing more than curious and drunk vacationers going in for a closer look. I do believe however that this incident happened exactly how the navy said it did. I don't believe this was a full on provoke however, more of a "test the waters" sort of thing. Scary to see and hear nevertheless.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
This thread: a perfect example of what I've said on other threads.

The U.S. haters on ATS will automatically accept the iranian version as gospel, while automatically assuming the U.S. is lying - on every issue.

So, how exactly does being a single-focused, tunnel-visioned, U.S. hater (or any kind of hater) square with "deny ignorance"?

Squares up just fine but then again it doesn't take a house to fall on MY head that BUSH has lied manipulated his way into a war with Iraq. That Iran was ALWAYS part of that equation. That all the intell he was had confirmed saying Irans nukes were a myth and their is no threat for Bush to go charging in. That Cheney and Bush STILL said the are a threat regardless and has instigated trouble with Iran. That you can't trust Bush as far as you can throw him. That he has ignored his public the constitution calling it a God_amned piece of paper. That he is undermined the supreme court the geneva convention and has steadily been chipping away at our rights to privacy, habeus corpus and a litany of other political maneuvers done in secret without our approval like the north american union and north com.

BTW, we don't hate the United States and the United States is NOT our government it is WE the People. Since BUSH is dying to get into with Iran and it would be JUST LIKE HIM TO PULL SOMETHING LIKE THAT TO DO IT. I can assure you,, him lying to us about it wouln't cost him a wink of sleep but will cost us our economy and thousands of American lives not to mention the genocide of at least a half million iranians.

Bush might not say it right but I know how to

Fool me once shame on you
fool me twice shame on me.

He ain't gonna fool me again.

Hows that for denying ignorance

- Con

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime

First of all look at this video and ask yourself.

Would the Iranian Government use their own military vessels to assault a U.S. Ship?

NO they wouldn't, because it would be too hard for them to deny.

If that DID happen I can tell you right now Iran would be experiencing shock and awe at this very hour and their main defenses would be taken apart within 24-48 hours.

Secondly the speed boats could be from iran but easily dismissed by the Iranians as dissidents not recognised by Iran. Just private citizens of Iran with an axe to grind which is typical of terrorists and why Governments contract them for that reason to avoid complicity.

Third,, did these people portray a genuine terrorist attack?

NO they did not.

If they were REAL terrorists,, they wouldn't screamed their intentions and they wouldn't have got away alive. They would know it is a one way trip to that Navy Ship and that they would all die on impact or die trying.

Does the Navy have a right to shoot an unarmed vessel.

In this case they had EVERY right , I served six years in the Navy on board the USS Saratoga CV-60 Forrestal class carrier task force 6th fleet. and when ANY U.S. War ship is at anchor or not,, international waters or not, that Ship IS United States Soverinty and the speedboat IS the weapon when approaching like they were. So no one can say unarmed vessel. When ever our ships are in any port, that country is informed of our presence and is give explicit advice forewarned that they make sure their citizens do NOT taunt the U.S. Navy. As a matter of fact,, our Navy's military strength is nothing less then AWESOME and it is respected as elsewhere. Thier is nothing like it out there.

I am surprised they didn't blow them to bits but then again if those were our CIA pulling a stunt,, that would explain why we didn't ( just a possibility )

- Con

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by noangels
On a side note the amount of warmongers on this site is amazing!Have all of the bible belt got accounts here?There a minority in the real world,so at least they have somewhere to vent their spleens

what world is that you say they are a minority?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Cthulwho

I don't mean to denigrate your statement or your view, but since when has the US had ANY integrity during the bush regime?

I don't think iran needs to try and damage US integrity - bush has managed this all by himself, and this is why so many people are so skeptical about any words coming from his government.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

I don't mean to denigrate your statement or your view, but since when has the US had ANY integrity during the bush regime?

I don't think iran needs to try and damage US integrity - bush has managed this all by himself, and this is why so many people are so skeptical about any words coming from his government.

You make a very important point here in your observation regarding our now seriously diminished credibility. It is times like this when we SEE just how important that is to protect. It takes INTEGRITY the very word you used is the exact character trait and many many hard earned allies we had won over BECAUSE we had integrity.

BUSH flushed all that down the toilet.

Shame is what is it.

- Con

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Do you mean things like when they said they had no nuclear weapons programme and were exonerated, even though shrub tried to tell us all they had them?

What are you talking about??? You are filling in a little bit of information where you see fit to make your case without stating the obvious. Iran basically admitted to having a program that stopped in 03 to coincide with the NIE. If they only wanted nuclear power for peaceful reasons why did they once have a nuclear weapons program. If nuclear weapons were against there belief once again the same question why did they have a nuclear weapons program? How can you conclude they were exonerated? They said they never had a weapons program but they did. They lied about there nuclear program for 20 years. Why do you have so much faith in them?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by greysave

I have no faith in them at all - I was merely pointing out things we have been told that aren't necessarily the truth by bush.

Why shouldn't Iran have a nuclear programme anyway?
What business of ours is it what another sovereign nation chooses to do with its resources?

Couldn't have anything to do with the fact that he wants those resources could it?

I may not have faith in iran, but I have less in bush.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
what boggles my mind is that when you compare the US and Iranian versions. The iranians identify themselves before any confrontation (would seemingly occur because they do not show a full version, why?) but in the US version when the Iranian ships are "approaching and claiming to blow up a US warship," they say (US Navy) "small craft," now with my experiences about the military, you already identified the ship as an Iranian Patrol Boat, the US Navy would not call the IPB just a small craft....

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join