It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran state TV says pentagon video was fabricated

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

He is the owner - but do you not think all these people meet/discuss and come to a mutual agreement that is also mutually beneficial?

If you believe that the owners are in real control without any outside influence, I'm afraid you are making an incorrect assumption, especially where murdoch is concerned.

If he got the public to vote the way he and his cronies wanted in the US election, it wouldn't be the first time he'd done it.

He was instrumental in bringing about the downfall of thatcher.

BTW, if you're hoping I'll respond to your baiting, you'll be waiting a long time, I won't respond anymore to your cherrypicking - it is after all a form of trolling.

[edit on 10/1/2008 by budski]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
He is the owner - but do you not think all these people meet/discuss and come to a mutual agreement that is also mutually beneficial?

If you believe that the owners are in real control without any outside influence, I'm afraid you are making an incorrect assumption, especially where murdoch is concerned.

Look, you can believe this is some sort of huge conspiracy but I will believe the simplest answer which is the owner will run his company the way he sees fit.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
BTW, if you're hoping I'll respond to your baiting, you'll be waiting a long time, I won't respond anymore to your cherrypicking - it is after all a form of trolling.

What are you talking about?

So replying with a different view is now trolling? Okay, got it.

I am only following your lead buddy.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Their propaganda is a bit cruder than ours, to be sure

On the other hand, look at the grudge we have held for more than 25 years over a relatively minor thing like the embassy hostage crisis. IIRC they were all returned alive.

I mean, it's not like in 1953 they overthrew our popularly elected leader, in order to protect their companies' profit margins, and installed a dictatorship that murdered and brutalized thousands, and ruled for 26 years...

That might make a country really hold a grudge, eh?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If you go to ther website, or go to liveleak, you can clearly see the actual footage of the Iranians within sight of the cruisers. Remember how small the strait of hormuz actually is. The video from the Persian side clearly shows a unit communicating with the American warships. He is communicating in English, and is only asking for identification, to which the US soldiers only reply is "we are operating in International waters" . This same line of dialogue is repeated back and forth for a little bit until the video ends.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Originally posted by antiwarman
you are slaves under a evil system that want to destroy your brothers...

The truth is you are a slave to America's enemies for believing such trashy propaganda from them.

This was on the BBC the other night, conclusion: the US has faked the video!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
This was on the BBC the other night, conclusion: the US has faked the video!

Well then, if the BBC says so it must be true.

Instead of letting the BBC think for you, try and think for yourself.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I, for one, a proud American, think the US version of the video is fake, a piece of progaganda for war against Iran.

But come on, it was aired on Special Report w/ Brit Hume; it has to be fake.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bakednutz

Wow, I cannot believe that you believe Iran. The media is controlled by their religious government who wants nothing less than the total destruction of the US and its allies. Do you think they might doctor the video a bit to make us look stupid???? Think about it, seriously.

Well gee now let me count the reasons

The "rescue" of Jessica Lynch ring a bell?

How about Pat Tillman?

Our medias investigative reporters couldn't cut it as pet detectives today.
Also you DO realize that garbage OUR media was saying about IRAN wanting to blow israel off the face of the earth was bogus don't you ?

That was OUR "free press" lieing to us as usual. Have you ever been to Iran? You would really be surprised at how much more they know about us then we know about them.

They don't hate us guy they just don't like us sticking our nose in where it doesn't belong and we will always assume they will just have to get used to it. Iran has had a love hate relationship with us for a long time but they also remember it was us that installed the shah of Iran and it was us that was sending arms to Iraq during the Iran Iraq war. Then we bitch when Iran sends arms to the enemy in Iraq.

We get angry Talking about Irans nuclear aspirations but that didn't stop the carlysle group from selling to them. We do that kind of thing all the time guy. The United States is nothing but a huge Arms dealer and we instigate trouble between other people in other places then sell them arms. We train em then have to fight them later.

It was us that sold chemical and biological weapons to Iraq then accused them of having them later to justify our invasion.

The United States are not boy scouts by any means and when it comes to playing dirty,, you'd be surprised.

We don't play fair.

never have

never will

- Con

[edit on 13-1-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

Their propaganda is a bit cruder than ours, to be sure

On the other hand, look at the grudge we have held for more than 25 years over a relatively minor thing like the embassy hostage crisis. IIRC they were all returned alive.

hehe Don't forget the arms for hostages deal stipulated that they hold the hostages till AFTER carter was out of office when they were willing to release them a lot sooner.

- Con

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by antiwarman
REAL VIDEO (IRAN) : www.youtube.com...

FAKE VIDE (AMERICA) www.youtube.com...

you are slaves under a evil system that want to destroy your brothers...

I don't know,, I have a problem accepting things on youtube as the genuine article.

- Con

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This is really not much of a thread.....Of course they are going to deny it....and for the first time I am going to have agree with agit8dchop about why they are denying it. On this (s)he is right Persia has been a warriors empire since the dawn of time

the sassinids
the parthians
the medians
all from the persian empire.

Never underestimate you enemy....know your enemy and know yourself....those that have been removed from war have much more time in peace to plan for war.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by birchtree]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Iran took a risk. They played chicken with US navy convoys, in an attempt to make the U.S. appear as the aggressor. Despite the fact that they had warned the Iranian boats, they persisted to confront the convoys.
Their motive is clear...Iran intends on acquiring international support by claiming that the United States fabricated the footage. Yet Iran has made numerous threats against the U.S. and Israel and it is only logical to presume that they would try to act on these threats in due time.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Sorry?

Iran has made threats to the US and Israel? I think you'll find most of the belligerent threats have been going the other way. Any "threats" Iran has made have been in response to US and Israeli talk.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join