It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who don't believe in ET's are wrong!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Im seriously fed up of people coming onto threads saying that there is either no evidence of ET' s visiting our planet at any point in history or that they simply don't exist.

Im through biting my tounge anymore. I honestly don't know why anyone with a functioning thought process can't even accept the possibility of it. I mean there is enough evidence to suggest they come here and have come here in the past and also anyone who even remotely knows a thing or two about basic high school astronomy should know that the possibilities are endless for life in not only our galaxy but the entire universe.

There are some who suggest we were created by aliens, some who say we are controlled by them, some who say they were probed by them, maybe they never came here. The fact is they exist and they probably believe in you.

Is it that some are insulted in the fact that aliens may not believe in our religions? Or perhaps they will debunk religion altogether. Or is it maybe the discovery of aliens will rewrite history causing much embarassment.
In either case i think the words "suck it up princess" will do.

I think we can all understand the reason that aliens simply just don't land here and mingle with our less advanced society is because it would probably destroy our cultures. Not to mention the exchange of bacterias and diseases. Many native americans were wiped out by diseases and colds that the Europeans brought over because their immune systems did not have any defence against them. Any advanced race wouldn't take such a risk unless they wanted to risk destroying us or themselves.

So please tell me what it is that makes you a non believer because im sure if the ships were to fill the skies you would all change your tunes pretty fast. Maybe when we can all admit to at least the possibility of it we might be worthy to join the galactic community.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I agree. Some people are just too ignorant though.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
No they aren't. They just haven't seen one except on telly or utube. Blanket 'wrong' bad, bad posty.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Thank you for the well structured argument and well thought out logic in your post

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
People who don't believe in ET's are Wrong!

I honestly don't know why anyone with a functioning thought process can't even accept the possibility of it.

Well,
I can accept the possibility of it, but that does not mean I "believe in ET's"...

I believe in the possibility, but nothing has come forth that is convincing enough for me to say, "Yep, old Metaldemon's right. ET's exist. He called it..."

I'm like you in the respect that I want to believe they are out there, but, demon, come on. You have to admit there is no damning evidence to rule out the "possibility" that they don't exist.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Im seriously fed up of people coming onto threads saying that there is either no evidence of ET' s visiting our planet at any point in history or that they simply don't exist.

I don't think you're paying attention. Most people believe that there is a surprising amount of evidence. Something is apparently happening with UFOs and other related phenomena.

But there's a huge difference between evidence and proof. There is currently no good proof as to what some of these things are. You can assume that they represent aliens flying some kind of machines from other planets all you want. And if you have good proof of it, we'd all love to see it. But otherwise, it's nothing but an assumption and an "explanation" which uses an unknown, which is by nature a lousy explanation.

Aliens from space is only one, and actually one of the least imaginative of all the possible answers to the UFO mystery. And even proving undeniably that some aliens exist would not automatically explain every UFO ever sighted. For instance, can you be sure that some UFOs aren't time machines controlled by advanced humans or robots?

Like I said, if you've got good proof of either of these things, we're dying to hear it.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
i dont believe aliens are visiting us, i think the distances involved are too much that is my personal belief. Lights in the sky dont mean evidence, as for photographs iv'e yet to see one that has convinced me, the fact it hasnt convinced me is fact enough for me that photo evidence just wont do.

People saying they have been abducted i personally believe that 1) they actually believe this and have psychological problems. 2) they are lying. iv'e only ever seen ufo conventions on tv but everyone there has had something to sell from what ive seen. Prove to me aliens exist and then call me an idiot or ignorant and i'll accept it graciously otherwise just accept we both believe different things and move on

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The question YOU should all be asking YOUR self is why do so many people come onto a "Aliens and UFOs" forum to deny their existance?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
2B fair, you all believe what you all want to believe. You all speak as though you know or understand what you want to believe in to be the understanding of "truth" in the phyical realms of "reality".

Personally, I don't understand people who believe that there are aliens, and that one day the aliens may try to communicate with humanity, but you over look that they already did.

Urantia Book.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
The question YOU should all be asking YOUR self is why do so many people come onto a "Aliens and UFOs" forum to deny their existance?

reply to post by Incarnated

Probably for the same reason many people come to ATS to swear that they do exists.

Because, different people have different beliefs.
Aliens (visiting Earth) are nothing but a belief at this point.
The discussions here mainly are in regards to whether there is enough evidence to proove they exists. I'm of the opinion that there is not enough evidence. You sound like you are of the opinion that there is (I don't know this).
The main point is that people are different (having different beleifs and different standards for "proof").

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
No i admit there is not a whole lot of proof but i do believe that people have to start thinking of the possibility. I am glad it is starting to become more socially acceptable to talk about it in groups as it wasn't only a few years ago.

If it were time travellers from the future would they not be aware that their presence here is causing trouble?
I doubt that its robots coming to the past to steal old peoples medication for fuel.

My question is if there are no such thing as aliens why have government agencies sworn people to secrecy about aliens to the point where they arent even able to talk about the subject anymore ( like area 51 employees ) and people who had claimed to have sightings been told not to talk about their experiences, yet people are allowed to create a bogus religion and preach on street corners and go door to door handing out literature or why are people allowed to sell tower busters online. Im sure communication companies don't appreciate people burying crap they bought off the net and trespassing on their private properties where their towers are located.

The government has been just too sketchy on the subject to disregard it and while im not crying conspiracy im saying there is more than meets the eye here.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

2B fair, you all believe what you all want to believe. You all speak as though you know or understand what you want to believe in to be the understanding of "truth" in the phyical realms of "reality".

Personally, I don't understand people who believe that there are aliens, and that one day the aliens may try to communicate with humanity, but you over look that they already did.

Urantia Book.

you know incarnated (reincarnated archangel Michael)

you shouldnt be stating that urantia book is truth, you should be claiming that jesus (Yeshua) is truth

why dont you ever glorify him?

I mean being a very high ranking angel in man form and all

just a question

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by R-evolve

If aliens were advanced enough to travel the distance they wouldnt need to abduct. They would probably have other means of figuring us out and also without us knowing they are here. Also im not convinced by any pictures or video.

Distancemay be a big issue but maybe later on we will wonder why we never figured it out sooner but its hard to tell at this point in our advancement.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

that could well be, like i said i my opinion is only what i believe and i never stated it as fact, as far as we know nothing is faster than the speed of light ( I'll rephrase that to as far as I know nothing is faster than the speed of light) and i don't believe using science fiction to explain something as a good enough answer, i.e time travel, folding space, so for the minute i do not believe in the possibilities of aliens visiting us.

As for the reason of visiting this site if i don't believe, it's because i enjoy reading other peoples outlook on the world even if i don't agree, it still broadens my horizons and if my perspective is widened just a little then its worth it

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Of course the billions of stars, trillions of planets, in our own galaxial backyard, much older than ours would be no reason whatsoever to mathematically surmise sancient civilizations above a methane earth worm could exist. 'Course not. We would not dare to be so ignorantly narcissist 'would we'?
Who said we couldn't just be a bioengineered zoo? Watched and prodded. Sometimes cored, goes good with cornbread stuffing. LOL.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by defuntion

yes, but your assumption doesn't make sense. I believe I know aliens exist, so I come to a thread where others may collect in a uniform belief.

I assume you are here too for the same reason.

I look at it as "I LIKE SUSHI" and let us assume the understanding in the belief system of aliens can be associated with a Enjoyment for Sushi.

I like sushi so I will post in threads and on forums dealing in sushi. There I expect to find others that also enjoy sushi. I've rarely or never run accross people that wish to go to sushi threads to denounce the enjoyment of sushi.

I also assume it should be the same thing. If someone doesn't believe or want to believe in aliens, why waste their time coming here? There really are several posable answers...

The spectum of answers can run from they are people in knowing positions about aliens whom are making an effort to denounce aliens all the way down to people whom live in their mothers' basements whom think they are the grand athority of everything...

Do you see what I'm saying? I never run accross denounces of an topic such as my love for sushi.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

My question is if there are no such thing as aliens why have government agencies sworn people to secrecy about aliens to the point where they arent even able to talk about the subject anymore ( like area 51 employees ) and people who had claimed to have sightings been told not to talk about their experiences, yet people are allowed to create a bogus religion and preach on street corners and go door to door handing out literature or why are people allowed to sell tower busters online.

The U.S. Government's long-standing policy statement has been that UFOs do not apparently represent a threat to national security. That's all they've officially said about it. Other than that, there's been a lot of hearsay from people who claim (but are completely unable to back up their stories with any proof) to have been threatened.

Certainly, the government can threaten, but even if they did, that's still not proof that there are any aliens out there. The government has policies about secure information that require people to shut up about it. In the case of UFOs, their insistence on keeping people quiet about UFOs either means they know what UFOs are, or they don't. It's just as important for a government to keep secret about what they don't know as it is about what they do know. It would only be another assumption to take their need for security as proof that there are aliens afoot.

Of course, if one of these supposedly threatened individuals could provide some decent proof of aliens, not just the threats, then that would be something of value. As it is, though, it's just talk. More evidence, but no more closer to proof.

As for some UFOs being time traveling ships, it would certainly go a long way toward explaining why there are so many sightings but so little physical evidence. Anything accidentally left behind or discovered by us in this time can be cleaned up with another trip back in time to correct the mistake.

But there's no good proof either way. Aliens, time travelers, tulpas manifested from a collective unconscious, ghost ships, leprechauns, etc., etc. At this point, it's all circumstantial evidence and assumptions. That's what makes in an interesting mystery.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

Urantia Book.

you know incarnated (reincarnated archangel Michael)

you shouldnt be stating that urantia book is truth, you should be claiming that jesus (Yeshua) is truth

why dont you ever glorify him?

I mean being a very high ranking angel in man form and all

just a question

Perhaps people get confused about my theoactrical teaching tools.

Let us reason this out. There's a full range of posabilities. I'd hope that anyone who reads my words with understanding in my spelling issues would see that I am a man with a clear consciousness whom isn't "confused" (crazy) because I don't ramble. I feel I put myself accross, though in a higher conscious level, clearly enough to establish lines of communication between you and i.

So if you do see it thusly, the perhaps I am just in inteligent man with a nack for performance art. Maybe I like to share my understandings of the world through performance theathrics.

All the way this spectrum runs to the unacceptable posability that I am in fact the reincarnation of "the son of man" understood but lost in understanding of the charactor, idol really, that was "Jesus Christ". And being that I call myself "Archangel Michael" because it doesn't really matter what aspect I spin this understanding from, you're not going to believe me.

So in theatrical classic "me" form, yes I am both the archangel Michael and the long awated retrun of "the son of man" however if we want to examin this issue in dept at least let me start my own thread about it so I will get the points.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
You make a good point OP, people go on and on about "Proof", but really, life is SO much more about weighing evidence, testing out hypotheses, forming conclusions and beliefs and then ACTING on them.

To the point that the people sitting and waiting for "Proof" can be like ostriches with their heads buried in the sand!

If everyone sat and waited for "Proof" before they ever took action - then no one would ever TRY NEW THINGS!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Rofl Incarnate, starred and flagged for allegorical simplicity. Kudos.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join