It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who don't believe in ET's are wrong!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by avingard
I believe in aliens, but I also accept that there is little to no conclusive evidence to support their existence.

OP, what proof is there? Why is it that those who aren't willing to make a decision based on circumstancial-at-best evidence are ignorant? Also, high school astronomy doesn't at all point to their being a huge likelihood of alien life. The Drake equation, if that is what you are referring to, is many years away from being exact as some of the values still have to be guessed at.

However, I do agree with your post in that people should never shut their mind off completely from any possibility, and that there are people who make decisions on this based off of pure emotion rather than logic and reasoning. Perhaps if the 'alien camp' would try taking small steps at a time instead of jumping to all sorts of tangents (aliens created/visited ancient humans, aliens are on Mars, etc.). Those are just theories and are harder to substantiate than just the existence of aliens.

Not a bad post.

No conclusive evidence? You're in the right place to have a chance to modify that statement. After you read the stories of those who, by the way, have nothing to gain by believing what they themselves have seen, and then go to the documents that ATS are making available from the government record here through FOIA Clifford Stone has made available, you just might see some new possibilities.

Apparently, anyone who has gone through this FOIA material comes out a believer. Even admitted skeptics.

I'm not up on how they are teaching astronomy and physics in school for kids. I do know that if they offered the possibility of such alien and UFO topics that kids would be beating the doors down for these classes. We might need better teachers, or just examples of how kids would become science lovers if such interesting subjects where interspersed. I would have been a PhD by 20!

ZG

[edit on 1/9/2008 by ZeroGhost]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
In a court of law it is possible to convince 12 people to sentence a man to life behind bars using only circumstantial evidence. Proof can be assumed in certain and EXTREME cases.

If you can't believe after the literal countless sightings, reports, corroborations and general overlapping of concepts since the bible was written..

Well, I wouldn't want you on the jury for the man that should live a life behind bars.

-----

Issues people bring up like "it's too far" , "Why would they come here" and so on just can't make the leap mentally.
I'm on a wireless laptop with a bluetooth mouse.
The man who was born in 1200 BC would have thought the same about my laptop in a comparable way to how people think of space travel and many other esoteric concepts.

I don't believe in the god as taught by organized religions, but I KNOW something is somewhere if not everywhere.

Belief does not mean you have to agree with any one persons account in it's entirety. Belief in this matter is more of a release to the inevitable proof that will one day be revealed to satisfy all.

b

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienADHD
You Know they Taste like Chicken .. Id just like to ask anyone if there have been any reports of anyone eating aliens as Im certainly open to the idea.. Umm two questions for people who may know?

You know you are tempting fate, right?

I'm blaming you when someone starts an "I ate an alien" thread, and when it happens you go on my enemy list.

Kidding, of course, but not about the "ate an alien" thread - that is now bound to happen.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Hey there, good thread -- certainly worth those skeptics taking a look-see.
Some people don't know enough as they have not researched the mystery due to,well?, what ever reason(s).

I can understand that. What I cannot understand they are skeptics 'cause they have not researched the subject matter. This group should not comment in this or any other section, less an opinion thread for the dis-informed.

Dallas

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Steven M. Greer. MD has assembled a body of credible witness testimony on the subject of UFO experiences. Testimony of military and civilian pilots, air traffic controllers, Government and intelligence personal such as CIA and NSA. Also Astronauts Gordon Cooper and Edgar Mitchell. The number of these witnesses is around 600. They have documentation of FAA radar contact and other Government documentation of UFO encounters. This project is called "The Disclosure Project" disclosureproject.org. Witness testimony is very important and should not be ignored. Most criminal cases in our courts are judged by witness testimony. The Bible is all witness testimony. Most Historic documents are witness testimony. If witness testimony is discounted then all these things are invalid.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Instead of discussing semantics about beleivers and nonbeleivers..... bla bla bla bla bla.... Can we actually discuss Aliens and UFOs like the forum was for?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
Instead of discussing semantics about beleivers and nonbeleivers..... bla bla bla bla bla.... Can we actually discuss Aliens and UFOs like the forum was for?

I think your missing the main point the OP made which is why we are discussing it. You all fit into 1 of 3 tiers, Tier 1 - Non Believer, Tier 2 - Fence Sitter, Tier 3 - Believer. I reckon the majority of you fit into tier 2. Correct???

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit_earth

3?

what about 4?

KNOWERS: (people that have been abducted and know the reality of their stories. People that Know what they've seen. People that Just know in other ways.)

Unless you're a fence sitter or nonbeliever.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
KNOWERS: (people that have been abducted and know the reality of their stories. People that Know what they've seen. People that Just know in other ways.)

I fully understand, how reading stories from "knowers" AKA "abductees" might seem convincing.

But you would be surprised what you would learn, if you would talk to their friends and family members.

The better you get to know these people, the more obvious the truth becomes. Especially when you hear some of the other ideas they have and completely believe.

I know those people are 100% sure, what happened to them is real.
But the same people might then start calling themselves the messiah, christ incarnated and sometimes even God, or in the most interesting case i've seen so far - mother of God.

Soon, it becomes painfully obvious, they only believe this, because it makes them feel special. And they need this belief, because otherwise, their self esteem is very low.

I'm sure they had many traumatic experiences in their lives, but i'm also sure, these experiences had nothing to do with aliens.

Often they go on to state it was aliens that caused their schizophrenia, without even considering the possibility it might have been the other way around.

So you're gonna have to forgive those of us, who don't consider this a part of the evidence. Especially when we start seeing many common traits in these stories.

Or do you perhaps believe mental illness doesn't exist?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
Im seriously fed up of people coming onto threads saying that there is either no evidence of ET' s visiting our planet at any point in history or that they simply don't exist.

I hear ya'.

I'm tired of people, IN REAL LIFE, saying that. I have to work with two women who say 'if it's not in the bible, then it doesn't exist'. Of course, when I bring up the nephilim they just give me a blank look and say 'what'?? (I don't think they've ever really read that bible of theirs).

Statistically - the fact that there are billions upon billions of stars, with billions upon billions of planets around them, then statistically there is a high probability that there will be life somewhere out there.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Greate post mate.

Want proof that aliens exist?

Here's the best proof anyone can give you:

There are more planets in the Universe than sand on earth,
if only one of thouse planets have the same conditions as earth why shuddent there be life on the planet ? (think abouth how mutch different life forms there is on earth)
and if so, why shuddent they be smarter and greater than us humans ?

The problem with us human is that we think we are so great, all knowing etc, my best example is some year ago we thought this planet was flat as a panncake, well we found out later that "oh #, earth really is a round ball"

we humans (not all, then ATS woudent exist) sett limits, all the time.
I know i can do this, i know i can do that, but really what we are saying to our brain is that THIS IS ALL WE CAN DO.
Thouse thoughts make us blind to the naked truth, because if people thought that way 1000 years ago, ATS woudent exist, neither would the world as we know it today.

People you only see and belive what you see, and i can understand that cuz people say alot of bull s*it when they want attention, but really take the atoms, before we discoverd that everything is build up from atoms, did atoms exist? sure they did, but would you belive it if i told you?

The possibility that we are alone in the universe is 0,000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

There is no chance in hell we are alone in this univers, and if you belive otherwhise you are a selfish. its so dam sad that people belive so,
because the world could really change for the better if people just opend their minds....

i can go on and on abouth my opinions but the case remains the same,
Earth is a place among many other places there is life in the univers.
Earth is a waterworld, and thats kind of rare for a planet. (we are lucky to live here) There is technology out there that coud change the world, and i mean really change it, make this place we call home a real paradise.

!!!!!!!!!ALL WE NEED TO DO IS OPEN OUR MINDS!!!!!!!
I challange everybody on ATS that has never seen a UFO.

The challange: Go outside abouth midnight, bring some water and some food, and maby a friend so you dont get bord.
heres what you do, lie down on the grass or in a good chear or something,
look at the stars, after 5-6 minits you will start to se more and more stars
(this is because you'r eyes get used to looking at the sky and addapts, like in a dark room) just keep looking and looking and after a while you will see some stars move, from one point in the sky to another (thats nothing) just keep looking and looking intill you spot somthing that moves in a way you KNOW NO airplane, no human known space ship can do.
Iv done this a million times with my friends, and we see somthing allmost everytime, a bright light like a star but it movies like nothing from this earth. It kind of looks like its playing. And after a while if you are lucky you might spot 2-3 dots that flying everywhere from north to south to east to west.

When you see this you will know!!!

I dont want to crush people's religions or faiths, all i want is for people that dont belive to OPEN their minds to it, just take a look...
can that hurt ?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

They are called satellites.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
the b rain

satellites dont move that fast!
im sorry that you think so.!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Certain plants assist in the perception of speed and content viewed.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
There may very well be more stars and planets than sand on earth the problem is none have been found that support life. Unless aliens breathe something other than oxygen. I have heard some say there are aliens that live in liquid environments (like fish), I assume those ones need special leakproof hulls on their spaceships.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Whether you believe or not could go either way based on evidence or lack thereof.

I for one believe there is more than a great possibility that they do exist, but it's that 5% that could make all the difference.

Problem is that there are people that tend to believe that every anamoly that appears in a photograph is an actual alien of some sort and they get consumed to the point that they no longer lead a normal productive life.

Then there are others that would much rather believe in ETs, based on the limited amount of evidence available, yet refuse to believe in the existence of a God.

All I can say is be patient, the last thing want to do is to get frustrated to the point that you can't think logically because this may lead you to begin attracting negative forces that you may not be able to get rid of.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Let my Avatar be the only proof you will need of illusional photographic creativity. Have vegetables grown ears,eyes, and mouths or have they developed a fondness wearing for red beret's. NO! But the ability to convince people of a non reality is reliant on such devices.
Anyone with a camera, a computer and a decent photo altering program has all the tools necessary to breathe life into a false belief.
There are beings other than we humans and it is they that benefit from presenting this distorted view of creation. They have the ability and the motive.
Even if there were alien races flying around over our heads it wouldnt take much intelligence for them to realize that landing here would be a grave error. Our governments would kiss alien A$% just to gain access to technology that could be used for further destruction and misery.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
We were genetically engineered by aliens

www.rael.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeNF
We were genetically engineered by aliens

www.rael.org...

How do you know that? Because a channeled alien said so?

Isn't it weird how aliens can only communicate through weak and sometimes delusional minds?

For now i'm just going to assume you were being sarcastic. You can still correct me if i'm wrong.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Double post..

Sorry

[edit on 10-1-2008 by deezee]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join