It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who don't believe in ET's are wrong!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

I follow you, but let's put me in the category of
"I never got to try sushi because fish is not available to me, so I'm not sure if I like it and I'm here to find out more about it."

I don't think this forum is only for those who believe or want to believe. I think its a place to come to discuss the possibility.

It's likely that in the process some will start to believe based on what others have to offer, but some may stop believing based on what others point out.

I think it's healthy to have both sides of the argument.
I would not take anything personal though.

For the record - I think people who abjectly state that "there definitely are no aliens" are being just as blind as those who state "there definitely are aliens."

All just my opinion. Thanks for your posts.
Your sushi analogy made me laugh.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Of course the billions of stars, trillions of planets, in our own galaxial backyard, much older than ours would be no reason whatsoever to mathematically surmise sancient civilizations above a methane earth worm could exist. 'Course not. We would not dare to be so ignorantly narcissist 'would we'?
Who said we couldn't just be a bioengineered zoo? Watched and prodded. Sometimes cored, goes good with cornbread stuffing. LOL.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by jpm1602]

I believe its possible there is life out there, I just don't believe it's visiting us. you could mathematically surmise life is it there but don't forget it would still only be a probability a good one at that

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
If you find those people send them to my threat.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Most of these people suffer psychological denial anyway.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I feel like I am whipping a donkey to get another half mile out of it to get me to town. We are certainly on the same page but read the words differently. That is why you will never see always, never on any of my post/threads.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by R-evolve

Of course the billions of stars, trillions of planets, in our own galaxial backyard, much older than ours would be no reason whatsoever to mathematically surmise sancient civilizations above a methane earth worm could exist.

I believe its possible there is life out there, I just don't believe it's visiting us. you could mathematically surmise life is it there but don't forget it would still only be a probability a good one at that

Nobody knows what the actual probability is of life on other planets, because nobody knows exactly how life on Earth came about in the first place. We don't have a clue. So it could either be a relatively common occurrence, and somehow (?) life easily pops up anywhere you have a little bit of water and warmth and the right chemicals, or so many things need to happen to for a single replicating cell to come together that what happened here has to be considered an incredible, astronomically improbable fluke that will never happen again in 100 billion years, if then.

The only real proof we have at the moment of any kind of life is right here on Earth.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I dont believe in ETs as in the grey/green aliens.

But I do believe that there is life outside of what I experience every day. I tend to believe more in a supernatural presence (angels, etc) more then the typical alien we all think about.

Im not sure if they are visiting us or not. I see people posting pictures and videos, but havent seen ONE that is remotely believable. I read people saying they had encounters with aliens....but im not really sure I believe those stories. However, I have no proof if they are legit stories are just made up. I just dont know.

But the fact that some people just dont believe any of it. Well, that doesnt mean they are wrong. Just because someone doesnt believe what I believe doesnt make them wrong or right. Its just an opinion - as there is no proof that any of this exists.

I would like to ditto this:

post by defuntion

For the record - I think people who abjectly state that "there definitely are no aliens" are being just as blind as those who state "there definitely are aliens."

[edit on 8-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
with the probability i was kinda referring to the drake equation in reference to the mathematically surmising, what we call guesstimations, and probably wrongly

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by R-evolve
with the probability i was kinda referring to the drake equation in reference to the mathematically surmising, what we call guesstimations, and probably wrongly

Well, again, the Drake Equation is a pretty good one, but it only takes one of the variables in it to equal zero and the whole equation equals zero. And since we don't have firm numbers for a lot of the variables, the possibility still strongly exists that one or more of them could easily equal zero.

Which I like to think is another good argument for UFOs being mostly due to time travelers rather than "aliens." We at least know we exist, and that we're really clever at figuring stuff out.

Ultimately, though, the statement put forth by the OP that those who choose not to believe in ETs are just wrong is certainly debatable.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

agree with pretty much all that except the time travel part, and ive seen some threads on here questioning do we really exist, each to their own. its hard to disagree anyway when marlon brando is watching while you read your posts

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by defuntion

May I make a prediction to change your belief? When a gas covers south eastern Pakistan know that it was fortold from one who has been with an Earthling. We are all products, off springs, of an alien breeding coloney. The Earthlings were told of in the writings of Sumer. Enki was one. They live in the Oceans.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

The only things I really have to go on with this thread, are the grammar and spelling. If your attention to detail, or compulsion to perfection are in anyway reflected by your typing and/or sentence structure, I can't say you are going to convince me of anything using words alone.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Im not trying to convince anyone. What im trying to say is that there is life on other planets. Maybe we are visited by these beings, maybe we aren't. The sooner everyone comes to terms with that though the sooner we as a species will begin to look at the universe in a whole different perspective.

Personally i can't help but find myself a little annoyed by the fact that every time someone posts a decent, well written UFO thread or alternative history theory, some inconsiderate individual has to come and tear it up.

Now i liked the whole sushi analogy and of course it is a sad but true reality. UFO and ET threads, along with ancient astronaut theory threads get invaded by people who are bent on discouraging people from discussing that topic. Some of these people almost seem to be awake indefinately if you look at the timestamp on the post. This is also an issue in the real world, some know it all has to just ruin the conversation if it is something of an alternative topic.

I can't help but wonder that what if we were all able to discuss these topics and organize ourselves freely, without any kind of outside stupidity, maybe we would be able to come to a better conclusion or possibly a better understanding of these topics. Maybe then it would spark interest in a broader audience and initiate the drive for further investigation and more widespread research.

Believe me working in the trades you don't have many people to discuss these sort of topics with at work. It's not that they wouldn't understand but rather that interest has not reached this sort of audience, well not where i am from anyway. It's sad because these are people who are generally interested in science, space exploration, and other such things but mention aliens or UFOs and you've lost everyones attention.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
Im through biting my tounge anymore. I honestly don't know why anyone with a functioning thought process can't even accept the possibility of it.

Im certain that there are a possibility, but I find the possibility of ET's low, and the possibility of them visiting us even lower - So I'm not a believer.

I mean there is enough evidence to suggest they come here and have come here in the past

Where? I don't see anything put pictures and depictions of wheels and metallic-ballons that could be anything because they are only small dots on the background.

Humans have for thousand of years believed in: Ghosts, vampires, demons, etc. etc. - And I see no proof at all for those, and they should even be localised to our own planet! So, unless you come up with some believing footage with aliens and not ballons in it, I'll believe. Or them landing on the White Houses front lawn in TV..
I would like some real proof before I believe in anything. Heck, since the universe is endless, we might even have the mighty spaghetti monster out there somewhere...

[edit on 9/1/08 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
BECAUSE THERE JUST DUMB!!!

LOL at the above poster.......

wouldnt worry about it soon enuff when its completly obvious and hits them right in the middle of the eyes and government come out clean thay will be the ones coming to terms with it thay are the people this government are pertecting from the truth, there almost retard like just not capable of getting there sweed around it,

Just simpley show one of these retards a youtube link to "THE DRAKE EQUATIONS" Then a link to the NASA SPACECRAFT footage and tell them to grow up, i for one cant get my head around why thay dont understand more so than this planet being visited by others its so anoying i find myself laffing and crying and wish thay would just open there eyes and look at the evidances its because of these dummies were ALL being "Denyed" the truth,

stop thinking if we cant do it, thay cant theres probly civilisations out there as much as a million years more advanced than use in a thousand years time we will be traveling from galaxy to galaxy for sure. just use your head and stop being retards, Could a cave man can get to the moon? NOPE but one day he will try and succeed its called progression & inevitability now go back to the THE DRAKE EQUATIONS & REAL I.E PROVEN GENUIN FOOTAGE OF UFOS, and do some homework if it dont smash you in the face hang yourself

[edit on 9-1-2008 by BRITWARRIOR]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Show me some evidence.. is what I say!!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
BECAUSE THERE JUST DUMB!!!

LOL at the above poster.......

wouldnt worry about it soon enuff when its completly obvious and hits them right in the middle of the eyes and government come out clean thay will be the ones coming to terms with it thay are the people this government are pertecting from the truth, there almost retard like just not capable of getting there sweed around it,

Just simpley show one of these retards a youtube link to "THE DRAKE EQUATIONS" Then a link to the NASA SPACECRAFT footage and tell them to grow up, i for one cant get my head around why thay dont understand more so than this planet being visited by others its so anoying i find myself laffing and crying and wish thay would just open there eyes and look at the evidances its because of these dummies were ALL being "Denyed" the truth,

stop thinking if we cant do it, thay cant theres probly civilisations out there as much as a million years more advanced than use in a thousand years time we will be traveling from galaxy to galaxy for sure. just use your head and stop being retards, Could a cave man can get to the moon? NOPE but one day he will try and succeed its called progression & inevitability now go back to the THE DRAKE EQUATIONS & REAL I.E PROVEN GENUIN FOOTAGE OF UFOS, and do some homework if it dont smash you in the face hang yourself

[edit on 9-1-2008 by BRITWARRIOR]

the fact you believe drakes equation constitutes proof and theres geniune evidence on youtube, makes me take everything you said with a pinch of salt. The odds of our species surviving to this stage on this planet alone are astronomical, evolution is not a pathway to intelligence because we are intelligent doesnt mean that is the natural path evolution takes, the mere fact we are the only species of such intelligence on a planet abundant with life should speak volumes.

I could spend weeks looking on the internet, years in libraries i could interview so called abducties and i'd still end up in the same situation we are now,, there is no proof of aliens visiting earth just people who believe there are, its their religion. Now prove me wrong if you have conclusive proof that would change my mind then prove me wrong, until then i'll ignore your claims that people who dont believe are like retards and acceot that UFO's are your religion and you are just a fanatic. ( one who i hope never gets called up for jury duty )

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Of course the billions of stars, trillions of planets, in our own galaxial backyard, much older than ours would be no reason whatsoever to mathematically surmise sancient civilizations above a methane earth worm could exist. 'Course not. We would not dare to be so ignorantly narcissist 'would we'?

No...and yes. There is no known scientific law stating there has to be life elsewhere in the universe. From the evidence we have, finding life elsewhere isn't looking good. If you look at just our own backyard. out of the 8 known planets and hundreds of moons in our solar system, we know of life on only one. From what we know so far, life appears to be a very rare thing. Of course, that is based on current available evidence; that could all change tomorrow. We could be alone. The implications are staggering; as every bit as staggering if we did find other life.

And there is no scientific law stating that even if we are not alone, that other species develop the means to travel here, or are older than us. It could be cultural constructs have prevented other species from looking to the stars. It could be we are the oldest intelligent species in the galaxy. It could be other races were wiped out, or wiped themselves out, before achieving space travel. It very well may be that we may not be the only intelligent life, but because of various factors we are functionally "alone."

This isn't to say that I personally don't believe there is other intelligent life out there. I do believe. However, it is just a belief, since I have no evidence for or against.

And just as I believe we are not alone, I do not believe we are being visited. Just as it is said it would be arrogant to think we are the only intelligent life, it is arrogant to believe we are so special that other species would take an interest in us. Other than our flora and fauna, there isn't anything on Earth that isn't available elsewhere in the solar system or our part of the galaxy. Why should we be so special or important that another species would spend the massive amount of resources to study us?

And yes, there is evidence that other species have visited the planet. However, that evidence is very slight, and none of it is incontravertible. Most evidence can be dismissed,or more easily and readily be explained by other means. The small percentage of evidence that is unexplained is just that, unexplained. Nothing else. Unexplained is not a synonym for "alien," but only means there is no enough evidence of any sort to explain it.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
What you are saying, is that you are close minded to all other view points. Is that really the way to look at things?

What if somebody posted that people who don't believe in demons are real? Or the Easter bunny? Or Santa Claus? To some people they are probably more real than aliens.

Don't be closed minded to other views just because you believe in something else.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
i believe its possible there are other civilizations in our galaxy but I also believe its possible we are alone in the galaxy. I'll have a clearer idea after corot/kepler/tpf/darwin missions have finished over the next 15-20 years.

60 years of ufology has produced nothing concrete to make me believe we are being visited by E.Ts. but i'm always open to more evidence.

blueracer makes a very good point, you find alot of belivers in their respective areas be it 9/11, moon hoax or aliens are completely closed minded to any other viewpoints except their own. But then claim that non-belivers are closed minded sheep. This is where it parallels with religeon very very closely, there is no body of scientific evidnce that could be submitted for peer review which would prove the existence of alien spaceships visiting earth. Therefor it becomes a belief system just like religeon. I'll pass on that thanks i find the real world interesting enough without having to resort to "believing" in anything.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
For those of us, whom have had first hand experience-it is difficult or even impractical to get the substantiated evidence to prove our case.

Personally, I know that they exist and are real, but that is based on my belief and experiences relating to the subject.

Somebody who hasn't been exposed to something of that nature, it is illusive to them. They are right in their opinion, as they know it to be from their own experience and belief systems.

I have the barrages of ridicule when I speak out about my experiences, and have learned to deal. Some people would probably try to rationalize if they had one land in their garden and shook their hand. They would probably say it was something to do with the government.

A person is going to believe what they want to believe and can't be moved. Others need strong evidence, while others simply accept it.

I don't expect people to believe my experiences, as I can imagine what it sounds like if I were in the shoes of the sceptics. However there is a lot of historical data which proves that we are not alone. It is not the evidence that the sceptics require to substantiate their existence in our atmosphere.

Mankind is a violent and aggressive species, which could potentially damage other civilizations in the future. The problem is that our technology is advancing faster than our spiritual nature making us potentially dangerous if we develop spacecraft that has the capability to warp time and space. While mankind is arrogant, violent, and self-destructive, there is no chance that mankind will reach it's potential.

We are our own worst enemy and the visitors to our world are fully aware of our limitations. I believe there are some who are advanced that are able to manipulate dna and bacteria, etc due to their advancement in the field. Also, somebody stated that we could transmit a virus that wipes out another race. I can understand why they don't land in great numbers and are observing from a safe distance. I know I would if I was with them. Besides they are not allowed to tamper with mankind's progression, but only monitor it from time to time.

I don't mind if I have any more experiences in the future. I understand more about my experiences and am more welcoming to the day when they can come out of their craft for all to see.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join