It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who don't believe in ET's are wrong!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Ha! Good thread. The OP makes a pretty good point.

Life is everywhere, all around us. Intelligente, is also there accompanying life. The Universe, Galaxy, even our solar system is full of life. Now all the skeptics will ask for proof. I do not have that proof, but even if I had it, they woudn't believe me.

There is only one solution, make every skeptic go in space and feel how small they are in this world and actually make them feel how much more there is to life. There is no man that has went to space for a few days and come back and think Earth is all there is. Seeing Earth as a little blue dot in front of your eyes will change your life for ever.

All skeptics see life from an very limited horizon, once people believed Earth was flat, what they laked was prespective and a holistic horizon.

So when will humanity accept "alien" intelligence as a fact? When 90%+ of the population has easy acces to life in space.

I have no doubt about "alien" life, it is there, we just have to re-discover it. I am not here to convince anyone, each person has his own speed of learning. Some accept the obvious faster some accept it very hard.

In the end all truth will reveal itself, since what we do each day is re-discover ourselves. This takes time, but time is nothing but the illusion of movement. Actually everything that you are and will be already exists.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Comforter
May I make a prediction to change your belief?

You may certainly try.

Originally posted by Comforter
When a gas covers south eastern Pakistan know that it was fortold from one who has been with an Earthling.

I am interested. When will this happen, and who passed this along to you?

Regards.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Aliens and Religion are about on the same level...

Lots of people have a logic based and rational mind and believing in something that's unprovable is a problem for them...

I know because it's the same type of mind I have.. I'm not happy to just hear something, I want to know how, why, when, ect... PROVE IT TO ME!

I admit I was a die-hard skeptic of "Aliens" (not in the microbial sense but the further advanced species sense) until I witnessed a UFO myself. It turned my comfortable world upside down..

No, I didn't see the little green men but I did see some sort of craft that defied the physics I was taught in school and blew my mind, to say the least. It's definitely opened up my mind to the possibility of Aliens because the craft had to be under intelligent control.. Don't get me wrong, it could've been a military experiment but it still didn't conform to the laws of physics I know so it's "Alien" to me.

I think most people need that "Smack me in the face" real experience for their minds to be open. Some people can rationalize these thoughts without a problem but some folks need to see first-hand proof. I wouldn't be too upset with these folks, just try to find something to prove it to them!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The universe is still expanding so it is in its infancy even though the amount of time that it has existed is staggering to us its a matter of perspective. So further creation could very well be planned.
There is a belief that created spirit beings assisted in the work of all existing creation including the earth.
Many believe the same beings were divided in their loyalty after the final creation......Man, was completed.
The thinking abilities of man vs. spirit beings is a no contest. Spirit beings are far more intelligent. They are mentally and physically our superiors. They give knowledge in return for loyalty. The knowledge they offer allows certain humans to experience a life of power and wealth beyond comprehension.
We are controlled and deceived on a regular basis by an order made up of humans collaberating with Spirit beings (not aliens). Alien life that visits earth is a mind control tool of the elite to keep your eye on one hand while the other decieves you.
If criss angel can fool thousands of people with cleverly engineered tricks, what do you think people with unlimited power and wealth can achieve.
Spacecraft that looks alien in origin and performs in an unprecedented manner can be explained with unreleased scientific discoveries in physics.
And aliens seen emerging from landed craft is well within even current movie make-up and artistry.
The task is to figure out why they bother to continue to hoax the public with alien disinfo and what it is they dont want you to REALLY find out!!!!!!
Here is a video on how mind control is being used all around you to deceive the masses. It is a litttle rough around the edges but the body of work discussed here is relevant.
www.illuminati-news.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
Im seriously fed up of people coming onto threads saying that there is either no evidence of ET' s visiting our planet at any point in history or that they simply don't exist.
Im through biting my tounge anymore. I honestly don't know why anyone with a functioning thought process can't even accept the possibility of it.

Hi metaldemon2000, personally I am convinced that the Extraterrestrial phenomena is a reality, no doubt about that.
I know very well in a way how you feel sometimes, but you must except that despite all the available evidence what in your and my eyes proofs that the ET phenomena is real, isn’t proof enough, or no proof at all for other people.
You cant blame them for that, because it doesn’t work that way.
Most likely, there are things of what others are convinced is true, they even provide you with the in their eyes solid evidence, but you still don’t believe it yourself.
Am I right or am I wrong?
I see in your remarks that even our views of some points of the ET phenomena are different.
But there is nothing wrong with that either.
So, keep the Ufo discussion going.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
reply to post by defuntion

yes, but your assumption doesn't make sense. I believe I know aliens exist, so I come to a thread where others may collect in a uniform belief.

I assume you are here too for the same reason.

I look at it as "I LIKE SUSHI" and let us assume the understanding in the belief system of aliens can be associated with a Enjoyment for Sushi.

I like sushi so I will post in threads and on forums dealing in sushi. There I expect to find others that also enjoy sushi. I've rarely or never run accross people that wish to go to sushi threads to denounce the enjoyment of sushi.

I also assume it should be the same thing. If someone doesn't believe or want to believe in aliens, why waste their time coming here? There really are several posable answers...

The spectum of answers can run from they are people in knowing positions about aliens whom are making an effort to denounce aliens all the way down to people whom live in their mothers' basements whom think they are the grand athority of everything...

Do you see what I'm saying? I never run accross denounces of an topic such as my love for sushi.

I agree with you 100%........believing in Aliens or UFO´s is for those who appreciate that not for those that don´t.....like sushi........I thing also the believers of such things are like religious ones.....it is an act of faith....no faith no beleif.......

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
reply to post by metaldemon2000

The only things I really have to go on with this thread, are the grammar and spelling. If your attention to detail, or compulsion to perfection are in anyway reflected by your typing and/or sentence structure, I can't say you are going to convince me of anything using words alone.

reply to post by scientist

I'm sorry, but your statement hit a chord that disturbs me. I can't believe you think science is so proprietary and Victorian.

You do not dismiss a premise because the paper it is written on is not your preferred letterhead. This is the hight of arrogance that science is currently so buffered with. We are on our way to understanding, not elitism and segmentation.

An idiot with a spell and grammar checker are more credible than a clear thinker with a touch of dyslexia?

Who has time to run our thoughts through an editor here? These are not dissertations and thesis. This is interspecies communication. Qualitative data. Sorry, can't measure such reality.

I hope the guy who warns you when you are in the street and a truck is about to hit you uses good grammar.

ZG

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Some people are gifted with empathetic awareness, or true intelligence and can make such a leap as to believe alien life is here or even possible. Yet for the bulk of our current populations, uneducated to sufficient standards and who's opinions only follow the sheep dogs (media and peer), only direct experience can have a chance to give such awareness of the possibilities that are plain as day to some of us.

Even direct experience can be muted by the selective awareness of an individual, deciding to forget or forced denial in an attempt to hang on to old ontological states and avoid a complete emotional breakdown.

Ontological shock can be treacherous.

Now days, with the uncertainty of truth in our powerful and manipulation-ready technology and media, dishonesty of government, religious and our officials in science and industry, cynicism is king. We need do the work ourselves and invest in our faith in each other to help us understand so we can all make good decisions and judgment calls. New ideas and science is emerging to ease this a bit too.

Drake's Equation was upgraded in the last couple years, and shows an even better viability of life everywhere.

Inflaton Theory

Add in possibilities we are more recently discovering in formal science for multiple possible dimensions where living worlds could exist and new ideas for propulsion and dimensional travel, as well as experiencers first hand knowledge of these and other species and methods of traversing space, time and universes, and it might seem all too obviously true just on points.

This is a huge leap however for anyone not directly experiencing such things or information. This is paramount to a whole new reality to most people. People do not like change, and this can threaten the worst kind of change to many. The change of their whole world.

I would rather have great compassion for those unable to believe in such things, and in stead of attacking their integrity,have and show concern however we can.

When the reality comes to the masses that such things do indeed exist as aliens, dimensional beings and realities, there will inevitably be many unwilling to deal with it, and if not go mad, decide life is unbearable and take their own lives. It has happened with the 1938 War of the Worlds radio broadcast as well as the great depression where brokers jumped out of windows to their death upon finding they and all their clients where broke. Reality for some is fragile.

There is, I sense, and see evidence for this, that the reality of life elsewhere, or even already here throughout our short recorded history is incrementally being inculturated through book, movie, television and media. Likely since the 40's when science fiction began it's hey day.

We are helping here too by giving voice to those willing to talk publicly and discuss such issues. We are, with the help of good moderators and owners with integrity, weeding out the misinfo and people attempting to fool us for whatever dysfunction or agenda. Some likely get through. We need expect some percentage of spooks and buggs. But this issue is getting to the mind and hearts of hundreds of thousands daily. Awareness is growing.

So I'm not surprised even smart people have a hard time with this. Look what they are up against.

Keep it all going, keep it fair and courteous and we will help thousands of good people be ready for the inevitable. At least some of us know it is in fact inevitable. But we are not alone at believing "We are not Alone".

ZG

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

"Some people are gifted with empathetic awareness, or true intelligence and can make such a leap as to believe alien life is here or even possible. Yet for the bulk of our current populations, uneducated to sufficient standards and who's opinions only follow the sheep dogs (media and peer), only direct experience can have a chance to give such awareness of the possibilities that are plain as day to some of us."

thats amazing, so basically people who don't follow your belief in aliens are uneducated, sheep dogs of low intelligence hmmm where else have i seen this kind of holier than thou attitude ahh yes religion. Based on nothing but you're own beliefs and interpretations you consider you're personal truth to be the only one and anyone else who doesn't see it is inferior. Definitely a religion shame its gone that way

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
If people want proof of life outside Earth, all they have to do is look at the life ON Earth. Thats all the proof 0ne should need unless you are just ignorant.

Proof that life exists PERIOD should be enough. Just the fact that humans live and learn, and even built a space ship to leave Earth, should be enough proof that it absolutly exists somewhere else. Because if it can exist on Earth, it can exist in other places.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I believe in aliens, but I also accept that there is little to no conclusive evidence to support their existence.

OP, what proof is there? Why is it that those who aren't willing to make a decision based on circumstancial-at-best evidence are ignorant? Also, high school astronomy doesn't at all point to their being a huge likelihood of alien life. The Drake equation, if that is what you are referring to, is many years away from being exact as some of the values still have to be guessed at.

However, I do agree with your post in that people should never shut their mind off completely from any possibility, and that there are people who make decisions on this based off of pure emotion rather than logic and reasoning. Perhaps if the 'alien camp' would try taking small steps at a time instead of jumping to all sorts of tangents (aliens created/visited ancient humans, aliens are on Mars, etc.). Those are just theories and are harder to substantiate than just the existence of aliens.

Not a bad post.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
well my 2 cents is that I think it's shallow to NOT think that life exists elsewhere in this universe. But as far as visiting this planet? I'm yet to be convinced. In fact I'm more convinced in ghosts after playing with a ouiji board one night after I turned 30. some stuff happened there I can't explain. Visitation? Ships in the sky? Lemme see just one!!. Hasn't happened yet I'm sorry to say.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Uneducated to sufficient standards?

Since when did opinion based exclusively on unproveable theory fall into a measurable category? And the scale of measurement is what? The inability of those of us who disagree with an alien presence to understand the thought pattern and intelligence required to imagine there is.
Precisely what alien event/s would you site to have the non believer examine who's photo/s or statements could not be faked? Just for the record I don't believe aliens exist and I have witnessed the unexplainable. There are those who stand to gain from

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by R-evolve

"Some people are gifted with empathetic awareness, or true intelligence and can make such a leap as to believe alien life is here or even possible. Yet for the bulk of our current populations, uneducated to sufficient standards and who's opinions only follow the sheep dogs (media and peer), only direct experience can have a chance to give such awareness of the possibilities that are plain as day to some of us."

thats amazing, so basically people who don't follow your belief in aliens are uneducated, sheep dogs of low intelligence hmmm where else have i seen this kind of holier than thou attitude ahh yes religion. Based on nothing but you're own beliefs and interpretations you consider you're personal truth to be the only one and anyone else who doesn't see it is inferior. Definitely a religion shame its gone that way

These are not belief systems. You have to look at the facts, not the dogma. The education I speak of is mostly in knowing there are other places to find information besides the governmental, military, iPod, the Cable TV and "secular belief systems". Not the 3-R's. Awareness of reality. Practical awareness. Science knowledge is lower here in the United States than in some third world countries. What does that say? Some of us have actually learned to think for ourselves.

The fact is, the statistics have shown that the more educated you are, the more likely you will believe in the possibility of life on other worlds. Where would that come from? Go ahead and question that. It is healthy to do so, but back it up with facts like we all have to here.

Many of us know what is real because we have experienced without drugs, mental disease or intimidation the reality that these things exist. We are also, some of us, educated enough to know how to learn. That is what education should be doing, not forcing memorization for being a gear in a machine.

I have been convinced of alien and UFOs since my first experience. I am sorry, but I personally have no perspective now of those who are without an experience and do believe, but I have found them to be generally more educated and I have respect for such bravery of intelligent imagination. I also have compassion for those who don't believe.

It is the same general reason we are careening toward the possible destruction of the Planet and ourselves. Exceptions abound with 6.8 billion souls on this rock of course. But, yea, we are more stupid than smart and it applies to many problems we are having in society and other places in this civilization at the edge. Including the possibility we are not the center of the universe and Gods only creations.

And trying to insult this genera with a term like "religion" is useless. Religion in general is the cause of much of our problems throughout recorded time to today. Even though the first UFO reports where from the religious doctrine and religious historic record. We're way past that. Try spirituality. That means something.

You might need a wider example of this general awareness. The sheep dog is media. The owners of the sheep dogs are a scarier story. How many go beyond the morning paper or evening news to gather information to form an opinion? Most use the current "owned" media like they use a tv dinner or a fast food burger stand to get nourishment. We are largely fat and stupid. Fact.

If we cannot admit the problem, we will never be able to resolve it. I'm just stating the obvious there for many, but if you do not believe in such things as aliens or UFOs you have the right to remain uninformed. We might ask why though that intellectually someone cannot believe what the facts are telling us. They exist, are here, been here for some time, and we, might not if we do not wise up.

ZG

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I really don't get it. I feel I can make discisions by my own abilities of perception when looking at a body of evidence.

I have looked at the evidence and it is an open and closed case that ETs exist.

I've seen people say they want confermation from the government. I don't get that. First off many many good witnesses are from the government. Why isn't that good enough?

Nextly Our Government said Terrorists attacked NYC on 9/11. Really another open and shut case of truth, but people want to draw consparicies and not believe the government.

So they want the government to conferm the existance of aliens so they can not believe the government?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
I've seen people say they want confermation from the government. I don't get that. First off many many good witnesses are from the government. Why isn't that good enough?

Nextly Our Government said Terrorists attacked NYC on 9/11. Really another open and shut case of truth, but people want to draw consparicies and not believe the government.

LOL! There are SO many holes in the official government story of 9/11, I don't see how anyone can still believe it after doing the research.

No steel structures in history had ever collapsed from fire damage before 9/11?

Building 7 collapsed without even being struck by a plane? BBC reports Building 7 collapse several minutes before the actual collapse? Silverstein admits he made the call to "pull" building 7?

No plane wreckage, bodies, black box etc in Shanksville, just a big smoking hole in the ground?

Damage at the Pentagon totally inconsistent with that of an airplane, and the government won't release any footage from the many available security cameras?

Several of the "19 hijackers" are actually STILL ALIVE? (Their identities were stolen)

Osama bin Laden is a well known CIA asset who used to go by the name "Tim Osman"?

Bush ADMITTED to the press that there were explosives in the twin towers, to "prevent the people trapped in the upper floors from escaping"?

And that's only a partial list..... It is quite clear by now that the US government is lying about 9/11. It is also fairly obvious that 9/11 was used as a pretext to launch the whole "War on Terror", Afghanistan and Iraq wars etc. Textbook false-flag operation.

So they want the government to conferm the existance of aliens so they can not believe the government?

That would depend on the manner in which the government confirms their existence. If they admit extraterrestrials are real but tell us they want to invade us and eat us for lunch, and the only solution is for us citizens to pump trillions more dollars into the Military-Industrial Complex so that the MIC can fight them off - that would be good reason not to trust the government

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Proof? lol It's like the wind you can feel its effects on you and your surroundings but you can't see it..same with UFO's & aliens the effects being people believing and not believing..my honest opinion is that peoples beliefs and thoughts are different these are what create our realities we live, thats is the reason most of you came here to this forum to look for proof right? proof of what?? a small little belief in you that you want to just be convinced, think about it you need convincing of what? that ET's exist?? Ufo's exist??...i bet it's a thought you think about every day but just don't tell anyone, that you know their maybe something there but you need to know for sure..be honest put your hand up who thought that??

We as a collective are the same we are all one conscience only our thoughts separate us, so from looking at most of all your posts so far the majority believe their is something there but just no proof...i think you have all the proof you need right in front of your eyes. Yourselves..

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
You Know they Taste like Chicken .. Id just like to ask anyone if there have been any reports of anyone eating aliens as Im certainly open to the idea.. Umm two questions for people who may know?

1. Is it illegal to eat aliens?

2.With or without marinade?

Ta.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I believe in the Drake equation(sp), and that there MUST be hundreds of thousands of intelligent civilizations in our known universe, given the sheer size and amount of galaxies in it.

However there is no concrete physical evidence that I have seen, (or believed), that shows proof that ET's are visiting earth and/or contacting/abducting humans.

Is it possible they are visiting earth? Sure-- but still it's just a bunch of stories, blurry photos and videos, and hoaxes, and perhaps coverups as far as evidence goes- and that doesn't equal hard concrete proof of anything.

So in summary.

Yes, I believe other intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe.

But I need better evidence, something you can touch ect, to believe E.T.s have actually visited earth, and/or have made contact with humans.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
Thank you for the well structured argument and well thought out logic in your post

Uhmmm... You saw logic in that post? The OP has a problem with skeptics which generalize what he believes, yet he finds no issue at all with generalizing about skeptics.

This is about as much logic as "You stink, so I shall throw feces on you"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join